Angel Cordelia Chase

BuffySummers17 posted on Nov 05, 2007 at 04:39PM
How was Cordelai a champion? I mean she never saved the world did she? She only got Visions that helped the others save the world.

Angel 11 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu Joker said…
Well she wasn't exactly in the same league as Buffy and Angel but Buffy labels Spike a champion in Season 7 and up to that point he's been evil for about 95% of his life! Cordy kept the visions when she could've given them away, even when she discovered that she'd have to become part-demon or they'd kill her.
hampir setahun yang lalu amazondebs said…
well one could argue that Cordelia only helped to save the world because of a power of premonition that was given to her, just as Buffy helped to save the world though her power of strength that was also given to her where as spike was a demon that actually went to seek out a soul to be good, nothing was given to him. plus spike, buffy and cordelia have all died for the cause but cordelia was the only one that made a real sacrifice and stayed dead. soz for the rabble lol
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
Yeah but my whole issue with Spike is that he wouldn't fight for his soul, he's a demon for crying out loud. When Drusilla returns in Season 5 and offers to kill so Spike can feed that should've been it.

As Giles puts it in Season 1:

"A vampire isn't a person at all. It may have the movements, the, the memories, even the personality of the person that it took over, but i-it's still a demon at the core, there is no halfway."

I get the whole thing with Spike's chip being a kind of synthetic soul, he obviously has to look at humans as something other than food but at the bottom of it all...he's evil! Was not a Spuffy fan at all.
yeah well he does do it and clearly other have before him otherwise he wouldn't know about it in the first place

so you bangel fans just need to get over it!
Still won't accept it. Like I've said before, no problem with him having it, it's how we get there that bothers me.

Jumped. The. Shark.
denial! lol
what like 3 season wasn't enough of a gradual change? i mean he was more human than the other vamps in season 2, cause of how devoted he was to dru and how jelous he was of angel and even then he had an obsession with buffy and he made a deal with her
At least in Seasons 2 & 3 he's still evil! Yeah he does share feeling with Dru but it's not love.
hampir setahun yang lalu nataliejade said…
iLOVECordy :) I think she was a Champion in her own little way. She helped save the world and all.. even though she did turn evil but that wasn't her fault lol :)
hampir setahun yang lalu MelBelle2 said…
Did you think Doyle was a Champion, cause he sure was considered one after he died, and if you look at it the same way, Cordelia died similar. She kept the good fight going, and lived hard and fought hard to help save others lives. I say she is completely considered a Champion!
hampir setahun yang lalu Caitlynn150 said…
smile
She was a hero in her own special way. She gave up on a lot to help Angel, and didn't even give up her visions to save herself, she was the hero who gave Angel the strength to carry on.
hampir setahun yang lalu LovingLucy said…
cool
Cordy in a way did save souls. Kind of like saving the world. Remember Season Four, Episode Three, "The House Always Wins"? She put her power into changing the cherries on Angel's slot machine. Because of that, Angel got into the back room and help Lorne save all the souls. She also went all glowy with the thaumogenisus (spelling?) slugs in Season Three, Episode 19, "The Price". She killed them all and cleansed the hotel. She also cleansed Connor.