Arthur dan Gwen Re-watching Merlin 2x03 - "The Nightmare Begins"

sportyshuie posted on Jun 29, 2013 at 04:17PM
Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whole new perspective. We saw how the characters were at the beginning and the journeys they all faced in series 1. Now it is time to continue our journey and re-watch series 2 and see how our perspectives might change seeing as we know how the story ends. (Thanks to the folks over at tvdotcom for ideas we’ve borrowed from them.)

Moderators for Season 2:
Ellarose88
HumbleQueen
Sportyshuie

[others...]

Rules are as follows:

I. We are getting started with 2x01 on Saturday, June 15, 2013 and a new forum will be opened every following Saturday. Moderators will post following the order in the list above to open threads and we’ll be watching the episodes in sequence. We will then be watching the last episode of Season 2 (2x13) on the week beginning September 7th.

II. Every moderator opening a re-watching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of moderators and Rules) at the top. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who may have decided to join us part way through.

III. Everyone opening a re-watching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).

IV. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.

V. People taking part can jump in with comments, but just because you watch and comment on a particular episode does not mean it’s compulsory to watch every single episode to be a part of this re-watching.

VI. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Also, new moderators will be added to the list when we get them.

VII. If you don’t have dvd’s or subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime, the first four seasons are available free (with ads) on hulu: link

Also famfan suggested www.cokeandpopcorn.eu/watch-merllin­-oooo­­n­­­­­­l­­­in­­­­­­e­.­­­­­p­­­­h­­

VIII. Constructive criticism of characters/actors is always in order, but please no bashing.

IX. Let’s have fun down memory lane. Be inspired to do fanfics, fanvids, and fanart.

X. Each week the moderator will post questions/headings and suggestions for people to discuss about the episode, the plot, the characters and relationships. Don't feel pressured to answer every question/headings, answer the questions you want. Feel free to add anything about the episode, even if it isn't mentioned. It's more than welcomed!

Now let's continue the re-watch of Merlin Season 2 with The Nightmare Begins

Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whol

Arthur dan Gwen 3 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu sportyshuie said…
big smile
Greetings everyone ...
Last week's review was fabolous thanks to our beloved Joppa. Now we are on to the third episode. This will be a different episode than last week. There is little arwen but i absolutely love the tiny exchange they have in the beginning of the episode. Well, this episode is mostly about Morgana and Merlin. How they deal with their powers, how will this effect Morgana and will she be able to cope with her gift and etc. And then there is Mordred who I hate!! Well, catch the episode and review it ...

Here are the questions/headings and suggestions for discussions:

+ Best moment(s):
+ Worst moment(s):
+ Favourite quote(s):
+ Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
+ Best character development:
+ Best duo development:
+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
+ Anything else:

Things you might want to discuss ...

1) Discuss about the plot of this episode? Do you think it was right to introduce Morgana's gift and her powers early in the series?

2) What do you think of Morgana's acting in this episode?

3) Was Merlin's reaction and later action justifiable? We all know he has always been a great friend to those like him but did he do the right thing by helping Morgana escape? Discuss his actions.

4) Any plot holes?

5) Did you all expected Mordred to be included in this episode? Was it relevant?

6) Your thoughts on the mini Arwen scene?

7) Who was the real villain in this episode? Uther or Morgana? Or Merlin? Or the curse of the Morgana's powers?

Feel free to discuss anything you wish and write as much as you want. Catch you all later ...
Good day to all ...
MISAforever commented…
I've had an extra busy week with studying, but I am going to do this tomorrow.. I am too tired tonight! xxoo hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu MISAforever said…
big smile
+ Best moment(s):
I loved the most when Arthur stood in Gwen's defense! Another little meaningful moment. I also loved the moment where Merlin actually tried to help Morgana to deal with her magic. I think it's the only time he has tried. If only he had tried harder, ... I always wondered what if.

+ Worst moment(s):
The conversation between The Dragon and Merlin. He didn't trust Morgana from the start. I get know why, considering the end and all, but if they had done something differently, could they have changed the course of future?! He'd condemned her and she hadn't even done the crime. I always felt that wasn't fair. It's one of the rare moments I felt sympathy with Morgana's character. She had so much potential.

+ Favourite quote(s):
Uther: That is what she's become. If she were to die, a huge part of me would die with her.

Merlin: You can trust me, Morgana. You know you can.
Morgana: I'm scared, Merlin. I don't understand anything any more. I need to know what's happening. Please.

Aglain: You shouldn't be scared of Uther. You should pity him.
Morgana: Pity? Why?
Aglain: Because he's a broken man consumed by fear. His hatred of magic is ridding goodness from his heart.

Arthur: Stick to girls who are more... how can I put it? On your level.
Merlin: Thanks.
Arthur: (With a sad look) She can't be a friend, or anything else.
Merlin: Yeah, I know.

+ Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
What villian? I guess that'd be the Dragon! I never liked him...

+ Best character development:
I am not sure there has been any. I mean, I could say Morgana. And in some way she has developed. She has learnt the true nature of herself. But she hasn't done anything about it, yet. So I wouldn't really call it development.
And Merlin, he actually tried to help her here, but it wasn't nearly enough.

+ Best duo development:
Again, Morgana and Merlin. So, these two had a great potential to, well develop, but I saw none of that. There were hints, definitely, but the relationship had to move foward, and from this point I'd dare to say it even downgraded.

+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
I actually like the progression of the episode. It started with Morgana feeling terribly confused and scared and seeking help, to getting help and realising some important things, to going back to the life it was but again never the same. It was smooth and yet at moments little bit of exciting. It was more of a drama episode than an action filled one.

1) Discuss about the plot of this episode? Do you think it was right to introduce Morgana's gift and her powers early in the series?
Yes, definitely yes. She is one of the most important characters in the legends, and her power is what made her great. ( in this show you could discuss that..) We got hints through season 1 so this wasn't out of blue. It wasn't anything that big that rocked your world. It was simply acknowledging that there is something there.

2) What do you think of Morgana's acting in this episode?
I liked it. She did good. I am not a fan of her, at all. But at moments I understood what she was going through and symphatied with her. This was one of those rare occassions. She was acting human.

3) Was Merlin's reaction and later action justifiable? We all know he has always been a great friend to those like him but did he do the right thing by helping Morgana escape? Discuss his actions.
Hmm, I am not sure. I liked it because he actually did something, wasn't being just passive observer. Maybe he didn't know how to help her himself, so he told her who can really help her. And I believe if she stayed with druids longer maybe she would have learnt the difference between good and evil. Maybe she would've learnt that even if Merlin just told her he had magic and talked with her about it, and just be there with her. I felt as if she were left on her own. And then she turned to the only person who offered her help and to be there, Morgause. I cannot say I completely blame her.

4) Any plot holes?
Not that I noticed, but I didn't really pay attention to that.

5) Did you all expected Mordred to be included in this episode? Was it relevant?
Maybe. But I think that turned out okay. I didn't miss him here, didn't think he was needed.

6) Your thoughts on the mini Arwen scene?
Awwwwwwwwwww.. As I already said, little but meaningful. Showed just how much he trusted her. And he already defened her once saying he didin't believe " there is evil in that girl's heart". So that was cute! And I loved when he talked to Merlin about his affections for Morgana, when he was really talking about himself and Gwen. He was adorable!

7) Who was the real villain in this episode? Uther or Morgana? Or Merlin? Or the curse of the Morgana's powers?
Not Uther. He was just being himself, I am not sure that makes him the villian though. Nor Merlin, cause he tried. He was a villian in my eyes in other episodes where he didn't act as he should have been. The curse of Morgana's powers, that's an interesting one. I think that she could have done great good with them. So I wouldn't called them evil. She just used them that way. What I would call "the real villian" is the lack of progress after this episode. The lack of interest to help Morgana and guide her into the right direction. And that would be Merlin, Gauis, and Dragon's fault!

hampir setahun yang lalu sportyshuie said…
Joppa ... Your replies are great girl ...
MISAforever commented…
aww thank anda :**** hampir setahun yang lalu