Just found this artikel on the "Much Muzik Video Awards" website. I though I might share this great artikel here.
Between, I'm so excited that Avril's being nominated again this tahun for MMVAs. I've always loved these kinda award shows. So, I'd love...I guess we all would Cinta if Avril wins. So just vote..'cause anda know..Avril is AWESOME! :D
Yes, changing your hair colour from video to video is totally awesome, but our girl Avril’s waaaaay lebih then her looks. A rocker, pop princess, rebel and punk she’s totally earned her cred with every subculture she’s sung for. Take a look at the awesome-ness that is Avril Lavigne, and why we’re totally stoked to have her back at the MMVAs on June 19th!
1. SPINNING HITS SINCE 2002: That’s one tahun shy of her hits playing continuously for a decade. Ever since 2002′s Complicated, she’s been releasing SIIIIIK songs like Sk8er Boi (Let Go), My Happy Ending (Under My Skin), Don’t Tell Me (The Best Damn Thing), Alice (Alice In Wonderland soundtrack) and Smile (Goodbye Lullaby).
2. PROVEN CHOPS FOR POP, ROCK AND BALLADS: Name it, she can sing it. How can forget how strong her voice sounded belting out “Losing Grip” and “Nobody’s Home“? Can anda imagine the same voice rolling over the lyrics for “I’m With You” and “Keep Holding On“? Add to that the super-hot pop anthems “Girlfriend” and “What The Hell?” and you’ve got yourself a Singing triple threat?
3. KEEPS HER PUNK ROOTS NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES: In her later years when she drifted slightly from her rock roots to try different Muzik styles (pop) she’s always keep her personality HERS. She didn’t dress the part of the pop princess with back-up dancers and skanky clothes. Instead, she kept her clunky black boots on (even in the dreamy Muzik video for Alice In Wonderland). Now that’s consistency.
4. WRITES FOR/WITH OTHER ARTISTS: Avril’s always about the music, and not only writes her own songs, but shares her talents with other singers. She wrote the song “Breakaway” for Kelly Clarkson and “Dancing Crazy” for Miranda Cosgrove. She also wrote songs with fellow Canuck singer Chantal Kreviazuk for Under My Skin, and offered her song “I’m With You” to be sampled sejak Rihanna on “Cheers (Drink To That)“.
5. RETURNS TO THE MMVAS: No matter what, Avril’s always showed up at the MMVAs when she’s called. She was here in 2002 (and her famous buttcrack), joined us again the very seterusnya tahun in 2003, and came back with her new sound in 2007 with “Girlfriend“. She knows her Canadian fans, she knows the MMVA stage, and she knows nothing makes a totally awesome experience than performing in your own country!