Filem Barbie Barbie Movie Ratings: feel free to share yours!

beckstar posted on Dec 09, 2011 at 08:25AM
Nutcracker: 5/5 I thought this movie combined the right amount of fantasy, music and ballet to create a beautiful movie. The dance is so utterly romantic. So touching. I don't know much on the merchandise line. But I saw a photo of a doll and book and they look great. Can't remember it being in stores.

Rapunzel: 5/5 the music is dreamy, the animation is wonderful, the clothing is fantastic, story is wonderful...I can't applaud it enough! It touched my heart how Barbie taught Kelly a moral. These are the true Barbie movies! I couldn't stop myself having a tear in my eye at some points.
The music really does it for me to be honest. My mum is in love with the music! Don't know much about the merchandise line, I never saw a doll.

Swan Lake: 5/5 this movie has to be one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. Fantastic effects, magic, music...everything is perfect. Love the opening with Barbie sitting down with Kelly! aww! The whole movie still brings a tear to my eye, if not full on tears. And how beautiful it is when Odette's hand lands into Daniel's and they wake up?!?! The merchandise line was great! I did see it in stores, I got a Lila doll and pencil case. The light up Odette I wanted. Lovely line!

Princess and the Pauper: 2/5 I did not like this. I thought it was too comedic, the singing really annoyed me and I thought it was too cheesey and silly. I only ever saw it once when it first came out. Definitely not one I'd ever see again. Beautiful animation though. I hate it when they make the evil characters sing too. Really annoying..never saw a merchandise line.

Magic of Pegasus 5/5 Fantastic movie. It was unique, but it really worked. I really enjoyed it and the skating was a cute touch. The animation was STUNNING to say the least. No singing either, which made it likable. There was not a lot of music, but It still worked. The ending final scenes are just beautiful. Not sure if I saw a merchandise line. But I have a blanket and 'Shiver' plush is coming and they are great. Saw some photos of the line and it's great!

Fairytopia 4/5 I loved Elina, but I didn't think it was overly FANTASTIC. I still liked this film though and I still see it over and over again. The animation was lovely and Elina was a nice character. What's with the DVD cover to? Her hair isn't down at all! She did not look like the Barbie previously, but she still had the distinctive Barbie appearance I loved. As for merchandisee, I only saw a photo of a doll and I think a Bibble plush. I can't really remember anything in store. They probably did, but I can't remember.

Mermaidia 3/5 I was very disappointed with this. I thought it was terrible how they put that nasty mermaid in and the merman ended up with her. I liked how Elina sacrificed her wings, which was nice. But I did not like how they incorporated the nasty mermaid, which made me not like the movie too much. The merchandise line seemed ok. I have only seen a photo of the doll and Elina looks beautiful!

Barbie Diaries 2/5 WOW! What happened here!? Right in between ballet movies and princess movies with fantastic animation, they go and put in this very short tacky movie all to do with being 'popular' looking 'hot' and just an overall tacky high school movie with terrible animation where they look like Sims characters. Notice how all the other characters apart from the lead characters look strange and alike? Truly awful...
The speaking didn't match their mouths and their mouths would keep moving after speaking. I also did not like 'Barbie' as she was self-obsorbed. I hated the rock chick Barbie too, I hated her singing voice as well. It was overal tacky in my opinion. The princess and ballet theme suits Barbie, not the boy obsessed barbie! And DEFINITELY NOT the theme of nasty school girls. Meh. The DVD cover makes it looks like a great movie, but it's awful. Notice how the DVD covers of these Barbie movies often look quite different from the characters? Same with bedding lines, I have an Island Princess pillow case and it looks more like Barbie DOLL Barbie, not Rosella...
The merchandise line was nice though. I have the jewellery box and it's fantastic.

12 Dancing Princesses: 3 and a half/5. Wow, Mattel goes straight from a catty school girl theme movie with rock music to an old fashioned princess story. Very odd. Overall this story was magical and pretty. But all the ballet was crazy. I love Barbie ballet in films, but how they were all in time all the time, danced all the time all through the night, danced..danced...danced...it was too much. I also did not like how the girls were reckless and pretty much like 'wild animals' like that guy said. I thought the girls were unlikable to be honest. One of the girls had Mariposa's voice which made me angry (I hate Mariposa's voice)
No wonder Duchess Rowena came in. I liked Catherina O'Hara as her voice, it was likable. But the sisters were annoying. It is still one my favourite movies though. I loved the guy who made the shoes for Genevieve and his funny parrot! haha! I thought the girls were too much like robots how everyone danced perfectly in time all the time and they just happened to know each move. The film was too focused on the dancing island I thought. Overall it was 'ok', but it's not something I'd see over and over and over again. Don't know anything about the merchandise, but I did see some nice duvets and bedding online.

Magic of the Rainbow: 4/5 Yay! Elina is back! I loved this. No annoying music. But felt disappointed Elena got nasty back to that girl. Realistic, but that isn't Elena. I thought the plot worked and was nice. But surely Elena would find a man by now? There were nasty characters that annoyed me, like the vain guy and such. Which did upset me as I have pretty high standards of Mattel, but I still liked it. STUNNING merchandise line! So much colour!

Island Princess: 4 and a half/5 Wow! beautiful animation! Gorgeous story! My only annoyance was the amount of singing. I have always hated it when they incorporate Barbie singing in movies, I just don't like it. I also don't feel like the voice suits her. Then evil characters sing! argh -_-. The story was really sweet though. I did like it a lot. I will see it again and again. I have always liked it. The animation really helps this film, the sea looks real! Lovely merchandise line. I just wish the appearance of Barbie in the movie looked like Barbie on the merchandise. It's always 'doll' Barbie on the merchandise, not her appearance in the movie was is annoying really...

Mariposa: 2/5 Wow! They completely kick off Elena (apart from about 2 minutes) for a so-called 'Fairytopia' story. They put in a girl who isn't Barbie' yet it is called 'Barbie Mariposa" and give her a dodgy looking face and voice (hate her voice..argh). Where she works as a servant to nasty girls. I honestly felt this was when the films went downhill. The Rabbit fairy was SERIOUSLY ANNOYING! Overall the whole thing was annoying as this should've been about Elina, not this stupid Mariposa...:|. At least it was the movie where we last see the glimpse of movie Barbie the way she used to look (Elena). No more princess stories set in an old-fashioned time and no more ballet movies, they are going on a modern pathway. It is pretty obvious by the catty girls and just how bad it is overall I think. I have a Mariposa doll, merchandise line was ok

Diamond Castle: 2/5 WOW! Barbie no longer isn't looking like Barbie. She is a young girl in her teens. And yikes, a modern singing friendship plot at the beginning then BANG into an old fashioned time with modern singing again. And even the animation is different. Ok plot, but it was too modern and I hated how Barbie changed appearance. I did not like the singing either. It was well...too 'modern'. I like ballet and old-fashioned Barbie retellings of old fairytales! :(. And yeah, fashion starts to have a bit of a role in this movie was disappointed me. And yes, include diamonds and jewels and you pretty much know Mattel is had it with Princesses in far away kingdoms, ballet, flying horses and castles. I did not like this 'bedazzled' friendship movie. I miss the old Barbie telling stories. Now we get 2 teen girls singing with a young girl coming in yelling about her friend and their argument. This is not the Barbie I know

Christmas Carol: 2/5. Oh yay! I think Barbie is going to feature! No, not far in we got a nasty bratty girl and then I get the most annoying Christmas story I know of. I hate A Christmas Carol (didn't realise when I got the movie years ago).
What an awful character! She isn't Barbie either...no thanks for misleading us Mattel...But thanks for not making Barbie nasty. Nice animation, but I think 'A Christmas Carol' was not appropriate for a Barbie story. Making a 'Barbie' movie have a spoiled character and people being treated badly. This is not Barbie anymore (figured that out from a Diamond Castle). For the muppets? yes, but not Barbie. What happened to the Barbie I know and love?

Thumbelina 2/5 Is it any surprise Barbie doesn't feature? (doesn't a different looking Barbie feature in the trailer) We get an annoying fairy with stuck on wings with an annoying voice set in modern day time trying to be a green peace citizen (sarcasm) with a bratty girl! Mattel oh Mattel..what are you doing?!?!?! I haven't seen it in years, but I'm about 99.9% sure Barbie doesn't feature. If she does, it is probably only like 1 minute and I'm sure Kelly Sheridan doesn't voice her, Wikipedia says she doesn't

Three Musketeers: 0/5 Just the title turned me off. I never saw it even when it came out. I saw the cover and I felt sick inside. Barbie with a sword and friends with swords. What are they doing!??! I just thought I'd take a shot and watch 2 minutes yesterday. O M G...she's not Barbie, she's a teen girl who looks nothing like her and she is fighting a mannequin thing. I was seriously upset. She looks nothing like the DVD art. She is 'modern' Barbie. Even the old setting did nothing to help it. They've changed it too much. I felt like being sick after I saw the first 2 minutes and switched it off. This girl didn't even really sound like Kelly Sheridan to me...even though it is her. Everything looks too modernised. It's not the Nutcracker, Swan Lake and Rapunzel Barbie..it is new generation funky Barbie. She is not the sweet, brave and kind girl I was familiar with. I heard the movie has a nice moral, but I'm sorry, fighting sword Barbie does NOTHING for me and I think that is appauling. I'd rather weed the garden....

Mermaid Tale: 3/5: a few seconds in with upbeat pop music. She is not the Barbie I grew up and am not extremely familiar with. She is funky, fashion forward marketing Barbie. And girls do tacky dances! woo! -_- (what the heck is up with that tacky dance?!). And wooo! They buy tails! Barbie is now inforcing more and more fashion and buying into these movies now than ever before. Who cares if Kelly Sheridan is still voicing here? You don't even hear her lovely voice over the kaching and bling bling bling!!! (sarcasm) The animation is too modern too. I understand they want to update something. But changing something doesn't necessarily make it better in my books. Especially if it was good already. And yeah, Barbie is a teen girl now with a modern 'bikini' surfer girl appearance. Even with Kelly voicing, her voice does absolutely nothing to help this film. Absolutely nothing at all. It's almost as if Kelly isn't feeling it anymore..!

other films. Every knows I hate these intensely and I'm not going to bother about rating these films. They seriously aren't worth it

I felt the best Barbie movies had ballet music and instrumental music and were directed by Greg Richardson or when he had some involvement in the movies. Especially when they had ballet or dance themes.
last edited on Dec 09, 2011 at 08:35AM

Filem Barbie 4 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu faithinChrist said…
Nutcracker-5/5 I think it has the strongest storyline out of all of the movies.
Rapunzel-5/5 Pretty animation, good plot, classic charm, and one of my favorite mottos.
Swan Lake-5/5 this was my first Barbie movie, and one of my favorites:)
Princess and the Pauper-5/5.
Fairytopia-4/5. I enjoyed it, but it isn't one of my favorites.
Magic of Pegasus-5/5.
Mermaidia-4/5.
Barbie Diaries-5/5. I enjoyed it for what it was, even if it was odd as a Barbie movie.
12 Dancing Princesses-5/5.this is the movie that sort of...pulled me back into Barbie, I guess. I love it:)
Magic of the Rainbow-4 and a half/5. I loved it, but it seemed like they didn't develop the characters or even animation enough.
Island Princess-4/5. I love it to pieces, but it's somewhat lacking.
Mariposa-5/5. I loved this one. To me, it's better than the previous Fairytopia installments.
Diamond Castle-4/5.
Christmas Carol-5/5
Thumbelina-3 and a half/5
Three Musketeers-4and a half/5...Don't get me wrong. I loved it. It was fantastic,but they didn't try as hard to make it fit the time period. And I felt that the background characters were extremely underdone. They didn't put as much effort into it as they should have.
Mermaid Tale-3/5.
Fashion Fairytale-3/5.
Fairy Secret-1/5.
Princess Charm School-hmm, 3 and a half/5. I'm sorry! I liked it, and it was much better than its predecessors, but it just lacked that certain touch.
Perfect Christmas--I haven't seen the whole thing yet:/
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu MajorAbbey said…
Just out of curiosity, what is so horrible about Barbie using a sword? I think it's about time movie companies realised that it's not such a terrible thing to have girls interested in swords and sword-fighting.
Anyway...
Nutcracker: 5/5 (Not only does it have the best storyline, it has the best characters, in my opinion)
Rapunzel: 3/5 (I have to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of this one. I do enjoy it, but not as much as the others.)
Swan Lake: 4/5
Princess and the Pauper: 3/5
Magic of Pegasus: 5/5
Fairytopia: 3/5
Mermaidia: 3/5 (I do love Christopher Gaze's voice acting in this one, though)
The Barbie Diaries: 2/5 (fun for what it was, but not really that memorable)
12 Dancing Princesses: 3/5
Fairytopia; magic of the rainbow: 3/5
Island Princess: 5/5
Mariposa: 4/5 (I've never been into fairies that much, but I genuinely enjoyed this for the most part.)
Diamond Castle: 3/5
Christmas Carol: 5/5 (Eden may have started off badly, but we learned why she was that way and she learned from her mistakes. Also, she wasn't glorified for it.)
Thumbelina: 1/5 (I didn't completely hate it, but I have no desire to buy it)
Three Musketeers: 5/5 (So help me, I'm glad we saw a movie where girls using swords isn't deemed as "wrong". I liked the moral, too. In fact, the only things I didn't like were the dresses - too sparkly for me, I guess - and, as FaithinChrist said, they didn't try very hard to make it fit the time period.)
Mermaid Tale: 2/5 (Nice surfing scenes, shame about Oceana)
Fashion Fairytale: 3/5 (It improved as it went along)
Fairy Secret: 1/5
Princess Charm School: 4/5
Perfect Christmas: 3/5
hampir setahun yang lalu phuonganh0106 said…
Nutcracker, Rapunzel, Swan Lake, Princess and the Pauper, Magic of Pegasus, Fairytopia: 5/5 (Barbie look stunning in the movie and the songs was very good).
Mermaidia: 2/5 (I don't like Nori).
The Barbie Diaries: 3/5 (Barbie's face didn't impress me).
12 Dancing Princesses, Fairytopia: Magic of the rainbow, Island Princess: 5/5.
Mariposa: 4/5 (I don't like Mariposa's voice).
Diamond Castle, Christmas Carol: 5/5
Thumbelina: 2/5.
Three Musketeers, Mermaid Tale, Fashion Fairytale, Fairy Secret, Princess Charm School, Perfect Christmas: 5/5.

hampir setahun yang lalu Sirea said…
Sorry, but I haven't read the article above. First I have to say, I love all movies and when I give under 3 points, it doesn't mean that I don't like the movie.

Nutcracker: 2/5 (In all: Really good movie, I like the characters much, but I don't like the story of Nutcracker)
Rapunzel: 3/5 (Better than Nutcracker, because it's more interesting, but the character in Nutcracker are better)
Swan Lake: 1/5 (I love the music and dancing scences, but It was really boring!)
Princess and the Pauper: 5/5 (Perfect, best movie of all)
Magic of Pegasus: 3/5 (Really good movie, I like Annika and the story)
Fairytopia: 3/5 (Really good, too.)
Mermaidia: 3/5 (Better than Mermaidia, but I have to give 3 points, too.)
The Barbie Diaries: 2/5 (I don't like the style of BD, but the story isn't bad)
12 Dancing Princesses: 2/5 (Not my favorite one. Too much Barbie's in my opinion and the story isn't really good)
Fairytopia; magic of the rainbow: 4/5 (Really nice movie. I love the colors and the different fairies! 3 or 4 points)
Island Princess: 3/5 (Hard to decide. I love the story of Island Princess, but I really dislike (in generell) speaking animals and in Island Princess they're a lot)
Mariposa: 4/5 (Like Magic Rainbow 3 or 4 points. I the character of Mariposa)
Diamond Castle: 3/5 (2 or 3 points. I like the friendship between Liana and Alexa much, but I don't really like the story)
Christmas Carol: 4/5 (Don't like christmas stories, but this one is really good!)
Thumbelina: 0/5 (Ok, I think it's the first and only one I really don't like. To be fair I have to give 0 points, but I watch it anyway)
Three Musketeers: 3/5 (It's ok. I'm a big fan of the four musketeers, but the story isn't really interesting)
Mermaid Tale: 5/5 (I still love it! Merliah is just great, also Oceana and the story. Beside Princess and the Pauper it's my favorite)
Fashion Fairytale: 3/5 (It's ok. I'm not really interested in fashion. But I like Barbie in this movie as herself)
Fairy Secret: 3/5 (Better than Fashion Fairytale. I like Barbie as herself in this movie, too and of course Raquelle! I really like her)
Princess Charm School: 5/5 (Great movie! I like Blair much, the story and music! Between 4 and 5 points)
Perfect Christmas: 1/5 (Oh no! This movie failed! I'm happy to meet Barbie's sisters. I like them very much, but it's not my type of story. Maybe it's because I don't like christmas stories. I don't know and Chelsea/Kelly was really irritating)
Mermaid Tale 2: 5/5 (Better than Mermaid Tale. I love Xylie and the revenge of Eris. Her nightmare swirls and the catched guardians!)
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu