Bleach RP Zanpakuto Types

The3rdL posted on Jun 14, 2009 at 07:18AM
There are several types of Zanpakutō, classed by the main purpose or effect of their special abilities. These types include:

Melee-Type Zanpakutō: Are typically designed for various forms of armed melee combat rather than magic-based abilities.
Ichigo Kurosaki / Hollow Ichigo
Kenpachi Zaraki
Renji Abarai
Ikkaku Madarame
Makoto Kifune
Shuhei Hisagi
Marechiyo Omaeda
Sajin Komamura

Kidō-Type Zanpakutō: Are designed around a special ability rather than close combat potential.
Yumichika Ayasegawa
Momo Hinamori
Sōsuke Aizen originally claims his is a "flowing-water-type Zanpakutō," but this is later proven to be a lie.
Retsu Unohana
Kisuke Urahara
Kaname Tōsen
Hanatarō Yamada

Projectile-Type Zanpakutō: When released separate into many air based blades/or substance-based projectile that the owner can control freely.
Jirōbō Ikkanzaka
Byakuya Kuchiki
Rangiku Matsumoto

Defense-Type Zanpakutō: Are designed around defensive capability with little or no offense.
Rusaburō Enkōgawa

A large amount of the Zanpakutō are classified by elements, generally utilizing their respective elements as forms of attack. (It could be said that elemental Zanpakutō are all Kidō-Type which have an element based as noted by Kenpachi Zaraki and Maki Ichinose during their battle, but as this was only mentioned in the anime Episode 98 it cannot be stated as fact.)

Fire-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate fire for various forms of attack or defense.
Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai
Shūsuke Amagai

Ice-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate ice for various forms of attack or defense.
Tōshirō Hitsugaya / Sōjirō Kusaka
Rukia Kuchiki

Earth-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate the ground for various forms of attack or defense.
Zennosuke Kurumadani

Wind-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate wind for various forms of attack or defense.
Shunsui Kyōraku
Kensei Muguruma
Senna

Water-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate water (& related effects) for various forms of attack or defense.
Kaien Shiba / Aaroniero Arruruerie (taken from Kaien Shiba)
Jūshirō Ukitake

Plant-Type Zanpakutō: Designed for the manipulation of plant growth for offense or defense.
Ryūsei Kenzaki

Light-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to manipulate light for various effects.
Maki Ichinose

Poison-Type Zanpakutō: Designed to administer poison as a form of attack.
Soifon
Mayuri Kurotsuchi

Electricity-Type Zanpakutō: Designed for manipulation of lightning for offense or defense.
Seigen Suzunami

Unknown Types (These are the Zanpakutō that while the names and shikai are known, their type cannot be readily verified.)

Gin Ichimaru
Izuru Kira
Chōjirō Sasakibe
Isane Kotetsu

Sub-TypesThere are a few "sub-types" of Zanpakutō classification such as:

Constant-Release Type: Zanpakutō that are always in shikai form because of the strength of their wielder's spiritual energy.[11]
Kenpachi Zaraki
Ichigo Kurosaki

Dual Bladed ZanpakutōDual-Blade Type: Zanpakutō that feature more then one blade in Shikai release. It is decidedly rare for one to possess such a weapon and therefore it says a lot about the uniqueness of its wielder's spiritual power.
Jūshirō Ukitake
Shunsui Kyōraku
Shūhei Hisagi

Bleach RP 15 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu The3rdL said…
I have a Defense(Absorbing)/Dual Blade Type(In unreleased form).
 I have a Defense(Absorbing)/Dual Blade Type(In unreleased form).
hampir setahun yang lalu rusty746454 said…
This is so cool, thank you for posting it. really i love it. Mine would be fire type
 This is so cool, thank anda for posting it. really i Cinta it. Mine would be api, kebakaran type
Thanx, Nice pic btw
hampir setahun yang lalu supersilver108 said…
mine...well i was thinking...and i decided a ice type
this is his unreleased form
 mine...well i was thinking...and i decided a ice type this is his unreleased form
Here is a pic of my Shikai
 Here is a pic of my Shikai
hampir setahun yang lalu VioletShingami said…
i need to find a pic but my girl is fire!
hampir setahun yang lalu aizen said…
Poison-Type Zanpakutō and Dual Bladed ZanpakutōDual-Blade Type: i think

{sorry about posting it again.}
hampir setahun yang lalu VioletShingami said…
kewls!
hampir setahun yang lalu aizen said…
would mine be Melee-Type Zanpakutō to? I mean its mainly combat. I was just a little confused on that one thats all.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
 would mine be Melee-Type Zanpakutō to? I mean its mainly combat. I was just a little confused on tha
It would be a poison type.
hampir setahun yang lalu Shichiro_Takumi said…
My Zanpaktou Is An Unknown Type, Or Is It Kido?

My Zanpaktou Is An Unknown Type, atau Is It Kido?
hampir setahun yang lalu Hippiehunter said…
Mine would be my Melee in Shikai
 Mine would be my Melee in Shikai
hampir setahun yang lalu vampyre404 said…
hmmm
i cant put up my zanpakuto but look up my description and u can imagione it urself
hampir setahun yang lalu elsquatchanibre said…
my Zanpakuto is Moziku (The Mimic King). It is a Kido type Zanpakuto its ability allows it to copy the powers of any Zanpakuto that touches its blade.
 my Zanpakuto is Moziku (The Mimic King). It is a Kido type Zanpakuto its ability allows it to copy th
hampir setahun yang lalu Jon02171996 said…
Mine I would prefer to be a combination of light and melee, this is her in shika
And her name is akaruku kagayakari (divine shining light)
 Mine I would prefer to be a combination of light and melee, this is her in shika And her name is aka