Booth and Bones Double Up

livi_wells posted on Feb 22, 2009 at 07:29AM
This is my annoyed tangent for the day.

Recently I uploaded some BB icons, carefully checking that they had not already been uploaded. Today, excited about clicking the link on my profile page that said
Booth and Bones: new icon
I was extremely disappointed when I saw the images that were uploaded duplicates of the ones I had uploaded the previous day!!

Yes, I understand it's really, really, really hard to make sure icons are only uploaded once, and I'm sure I have uploaded icons that have already been uploaded earlier...BUT it annoyed me that the icons were on the first page displayed, and it would have only taken a few seconds to take a quick look through and check that 'oh, there's a few of the icons that are the same, maybe the icons I have don't need to be uploaded again.'

So basically, amongst me being possibly being tired and cranky, I would just like to say, check the few pages at the start of the category you're gonna upload stuff to because its just annoying to the original uploader to see duplicates. Seriously guys, its not that hard. And for those that say 'Oh I want a [insert desired medal here] so I'll just upload them anyway', that's just lazy - go find your own original icons!

Ok, I'm no longer grumpy :).

Booth and Bones 3 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu heeeresjoyce said…
I absolutely agree. I've had my fair share of finding duplicates of things that I've already uploaded. When I do, I usually leave a comment informing them of their mistake. It only starts really getting on my nerves when they don't delete them. At least, that's what I do when I find that icons I have added are duplicates. I guess I kinda expect the same. :p
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu livi_wells said…
Hmm maybe I should inform them too. Have you gotten many bad responses to it?
hampir setahun yang lalu heeeresjoyce said…
No. Either they delete them or they tell me sorry and don't. Then again, I haven't always checked back, although I do always add it to my updates. If they've given me any bad responses, I've never seen them. :)