Buffy The Vampire Slayer an unconventional soalan involving computers...I promise it has something to do with Buffy :)

scififan posted on May 09, 2008 at 01:48PM
OK, so I finished my first buffy fan vid. However, before sharing it with everyone I want to protect it from being stollen (not that any of you would do that...but there are nasty people in the world...). So if anyone can help me with this difficulty I'm having I would be very happy (cuz then I would be able to post my vid :)

I just finished making my first fan video using windows movie maker for windows xp. However, before I share it with everyone else online, I want to protect my video and make sure no one can steal it. I would like to add my user name or something in the bottom right-hand corner of the movie and I would like it to stay there for the entire movie. Since this is a fan video it is made up with several clips. I tried "adding a title on the selected clip" but even the subtitle option was really big and distracted from the video. Also, I couldn't get it to stay on for the entire movie. It wouldn't "stretch" or whatever. If anyone knows anything that might be able to help me I would really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks everyone!!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer 5 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu ArabellaElfie said…
Hey,

I've never done it personally but I did a little snooping and this might help :)

link
hampir setahun yang lalu scififan said…
hmmm...I'll try that. For some reason it keeps saying the page is "unavaliable" so I'll look @ it on another computer later. Thanks for the help!
hampir setahun yang lalu ArabellaElfie said…
hmmm, well I copied/pasted the instructions below for you;

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Yeah!
I'm not a wizard BUT i do keep on searching 4d best result in my prjt. So, here it is:

STEP 1:
make your logo using ***.png file (Photoshop etc)
-then save it at c: prgm file/moviemaker/ shared

STEP 2 :
- copy this and make .xml file :
--------------------------------------...­
<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">

<Titles>

<TitleDLL guid="{353359C1-39E1-491b-9951-464FD8­AB0­...­

<Title name="My logo" iconid="13" >

<Param name="InternalName" value="TitleStandard"/>

<Param name="Description" value="Place a logo on the bottom right corner and text on bottom left"/>

<Param name="LogoBitmapFilename" value="gelogo.png"/>

<Param name="LogoRect" value="0.75 0.75 0.25 0.25"/>

<Paragraph>

<Param name="IsOneLine" value="true"/>

<Param name="BoundingRect" value="0.05 0.85 0.70 0.1"/>

<Param name="MaxCharacterCount" value="32"/>

</Paragraph>

</Title>

<Title name="My CNN Ticker Tape" iconid="13" >

<Param name="InternalName" value="TitleStandard" />

<Param name="Description" value="CNN type ticker tape" />

<Param name="OptimalDurationMultiplier" value="3.0" />

<Paragraph>

<Param name="IsOneLine" value="true" />

<Param name="EntrancePosition" value="1.5 0.5" />

<Param name="ExitPosition" value="-0.5 0.5" />

<Param name="BoundingRect" value="0.0 0.9 1.0 0.1" />

<Param name="BannerType" value="HorizontalFlood" />

<Param name="VerticalAlignment" value="Top" />

<Param name="FontSize" value="16.0" />

<Param name="ResizingTechnique" value="KeepVerticalConstant" />

<Param name="MaxCharacterCount" value="1024" />

</Paragraph>

</Title>

</TitleDLL>

</Titles>

</TransitionsAndEffects>

--------------------------------------...­
* then save it (eg. mylogo.XML) to movie maker/shared/AddOnTFX
- (if u dont have AddOnTFX, make a new folder)
- then, using notepad, open the file,change the gelogo.jpg TO your desired logo file.
save it, and hey presto!
remember to close the MM 1st.
Hope this will help u!
hampir setahun yang lalu NikaDawson said…
How long did it take you to make the vid?

I've been wanting to make one for a while as well, but can't see to find a place where I can get individual clips instead of having to download whole episodes.
hampir setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
Scififan: Here's a video I made with the Smiles Inc stamp at the bottom (My "production company" for my videos).

link

Here's how I did it: Go into WMM and click "Add Title or Credits" Under that, click "Add title on top of selected clip." After that, type in what you want your trademark to be, and then click the "Change Animation" button. Go to the heading "One Line Titles" and click "Subtitle." Go back to your text, and put spaces in front of it until it's as far off to the right as it will go (If you want it to the left, put the spaces AFTER the word).

I changed my font so it was small so as not to be very distracting. I also made it slightly translucent. If you're familiar with WMM, I assume you know how to do that.

Hope that helped a little.