Dexter The Trinity Killer's Motives

SwarlsBarkley posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 07:23AM
Am I the only one that thinks he's re-enacting how his family died?
 Am I the only one that thinks he's re-enacting how his family died?

Dexter 4 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu SwarlsBarkley said…
monkey
As in his parents and sister.
hampir setahun yang lalu ebathory said…
Nope, I was on that tangent also. I was getting the impression that (and I may be slightly morbid and twisted here, but hey...) that the trinity killer is reenacting the death of his family - his sister, then his mother, then finally his father. I was thinking that his father did something terrible to his sister, something along the lines of sexual abuse and this led to either a) her killing herself in the bathtub or b) her father killing her in the bathtub. After his mother found out, she killed herself. Overcome by rage at his father for destroying his family, the trinity killer bashed his father's head in with a hammer. He keeps repeating this pattern over and over again for whatever reason - remorse, anger or a need for closure.

So, what do you think?
hampir setahun yang lalu SwarlsBarkley said…
I think he killed his father for beating him, that scene when he provoked that guy outside of the bar into fighting back and then all that weird stuff he said... It just really struck me as him acting out some prior incident.

It hadn't crossed my mind about the dad abusing the daughter, that's an interesting theory, it definitely makes sense. I'm just not sure if she was homicide or suicide, the thing with the mirror is throwing me.

I totally think you're spot on about the mom killing herself. She's the only one I', completely positive was a suicide.
hampir setahun yang lalu ebathory said…
Oh yeah, I forgot about him provoking that fight outside the bar... Maybe his dad was just generally abusive, good call! And I have to agree, the mirror thing is pretty weird, I couldn't figure out that either!