FlashForward Theories

jlhfan624 posted on Oct 02, 2009 at 12:11AM
I thought it would be fun to have a forum for everyone to discuss each episode and/or share theories about the show. If you're going to post spoilers put a warning and/or bold them so people know not to read them. Have fun!

FlashForward 15 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu pencilcup said…
I wish I had any, but I am still trying to wrap my brain around this show. It's so cunfusing, or chaotic might be a better word for it, but in a good way.
hampir setahun yang lalu courtney7488 said…
I think that everything that happens in the flashforwards is a cause of whatever caused the blackout in the first place. I say that because it seems as if the characters' lives are so drastically different in the future.

That's all I've got for now. It's not much, and I'll probably change my mind soon. :D
hampir setahun yang lalu cckarocks7 said…
i have a theory, but its kind of crazy. you know how janice (i think thats her name) had a flash forward of that ultrasound and the baby really seemed to mean a lot to her? and demetri might die. maybe demetri and janice kind of fell for each other and...you know what i mean. and then janice gets pregnant, demetri later on dies, and thats why the baby means so much to her.
hampir setahun yang lalu watithink said…
Anxiously awaiting the return of the friendship bracelet (or bracelets depending on how many Mark tosses into the fire) My theory is, you can't change the future!

I believe when the characters reach Apr.29, they will not live their visions as they already saw them but will flash again to another place and time, because the consciousness can only live each moment once.

Thoughts anyone?
hampir setahun yang lalu xDHmadx said…
oohhh interesting theory watithink! I like it :) ...

I was confused by Zoe's FF ... but i think whoever she saw on the beach wasn't demetri ... perhaps the back of some guys head? I dunno ... anywhoo ... i think demetri will figure out he cant change the future and break up with zoe to spare her the greif ... sleep with janis and it'll turn out he's the babies father and thats why she's crying when she finds out it's a girl !! ... yes? no? lol!!! Just a thought :)
hampir setahun yang lalu xDHmadx said…
oohhh my bad!! cckarocks7 has already said the exact same thing! lol! i really should read these things more thoroughly ... whoops!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
xDHmadx, at least I know I'm not the only one! :)

And I also have another theory. Okay, Nicole thought she deserved being drowned. And Charlie said "D Gibbons is a bad man" Nicole thought she deserved being drowned because she let Charlie and DYLAN get kidnapped. What Charlie saw was Nicole being drowned. And if all that is true...

NICOLE WAS BEING DROWNED BY D GIBBONS!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu courtney7488 said…
Good theory, cckarocks7!

I have two more:

1. Lloyd is D. Gibbons. As of yet, I have nothing to back this up with except for the fact that Lloyd was involved in the blackout and that D. Gibbons is a "bad man". It would be an interesting twist, though.

2. The blackout is just the first event in a series of events (attacks?), and whatever the next planned event is will occur on April 29. In his flash, Mark is threatened by mysterious men in masks. Charlie claims that there will be "no more good days". Lloyd is talking to someone on the phone (possibly Simon?). The biggest clue of all- the President is told that "something has happened." There's more to come. ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu jlhfan624 said…
Oh I like the theory about Nicole being drowned. I have another one to do with Nicole/Mark/Olivia!

Something I saw on IMDB someone else said, and thought about it more. Mark & Nicole have sex, which would explain why Olivia is with Lloyd in her flashback (the end of her marriage), Mark is drinking again (he slept with Nicole therefore ending his marriage with Olivia), and Nicole is being drowned and feeling like she's done something wrong (being a homewrecker). The only thing left open-ended is who is drowning Nicole.
jlhfan624, That could be it! In which meaning Lloyd and Olivia would stay together! Eep! :D
hampir setahun yang lalu Ennaira said…
I think that D Gibbons is Lloyd
hampir setahun yang lalu hamishblakefan said…
i have a theory.

I think Lloyd and simon performed some sort of experiment and that resulted in the blackout. I also think that they didnt know this would happen.

Also i think the future isnt fixed. I think Mark and Olivia do break up and olivia sleeps with lloyd. Also Demetri does not get shot.

I also believe that Lloyd and Simon try and cause another black out except it doesnt work because there isnt the right amount of Netrinos in the galaxy. They do however try it again after this and it works. People are then sent far awsay into the future like 1 million years.

:D
hampir setahun yang lalu Lgirl said…
crying
K so I think that Gay lady will have a baby (forgot her name!) With Simon!... she better keep her bloody, gay, paws off of him... but i have a terribul feeling that im right!
hampir setahun yang lalu Daniithegirl said…
Lgirl, with the last episodes I've started to think the exact same thing. There's something different in the way Janis look to Simon.
hampir setahun yang lalu smms said…
Actually, a lot of your theories are correct.

SPOILER.

Janice does sleep with Dem. She was supposed to get pregnant during the week she was in Somolia, but couldn't get to a sperm bank, so Dem offered to try to get her pregnant. He had nothing to lose since he was going to die soon. Janice ended up getting pregnant with Dem's child.