Harry Potter vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs. Twilight 54807 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 50651-50700 of 54807

hampir setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
Lololol you guys x]
hampir setahun yang lalu PotterForever said…
"Twilight pwns nerdy harry potter any day!"

You're in the wrong forum

1. Forks is a real place, so therefore it's easier to believe! Harry Potter has all these places I've never heard of!

It's called "fantasy." See, that means it dosen't have to be reaslistic or take place in a place that actually exists. The fact that it doesen't really exist shows more imagination on the writer's part; she came up with an elaborate fantasy world. I think you'll find most fantasys take place in places that dont actually exist, that's an invalid argument.

2. Hogwarts- gross sounding name. Forks- Yum! Lots of food!

That has nothing to do with the quality of the story.

3. The actors are HAWT!!!!

Again, not a valid argument. The physical apperence of the actors in the movie adaptation has nothing whatsoever to do with weather or not the story is good. And besides dont you think thats just a tad shallow?

4. The shapeshifters in Twilight can pwn the HP shapeshifters anytime!

Again, nothing to do with the story quality.

5. Edward would beat Harry Potter in a fight:
Edward hears a stranger sneaking up behind him. He was still a quarter of a mile away, and wouldn't be able to see Edward though the dense forest. Harry whips out his wand and shouts the spell to make light, "Luminos!" Edward sees a bright light and hides behind a tree as the stranger gets closer. "Who's there?" shouted the stranger. Edward didn't say a word. Harry walked closer and closer until he walked in front of Edward without seeing him, since his eyesight and glasses are so poor. Edward runs with his super vampire speed and bites Harry's neck, draining his blood. He leaves the limp body to rot on the leafy forest ground. He took the childish stick that was in Harry's hands and snapped it into. A red feather showed in the core of the burgundy wand, and Edward pulled it out. He examined it, then when he decided that it was of no importance, he dropped it and ran back to the Cullen mansion, knowing that nobody would know of his murder.

Very nice. But once again, it has nothing to do with the quality of the story.

You're arguments are invalid.

hampir setahun yang lalu Italktosnakes said…
big smile
To the newbies, hey :) My name is Italktosnakes, but everyone calls ne Accio :D x
I've been here for 1 year and 3 months, and I'm one of the five remaining members of the reasons gang :D
I'm from England (I live near The Phelps twins- they go to the esporta down the road)
I had my exams, then my holidays, so I haven't been here a while.
I'm telling you this, because I plan on ranting to the Biggstaffs on here, as I always have done. And if you don't like, then you can lump it. :D x
hampir setahun yang lalu StarKidWeasley said…
You live near the Phelps twins? That is awesome. And hi, it's nice to meet you. :)
hampir setahun yang lalu wotcher-tonks said…
Mommy, I haven't seen you in like 10 YEARSSSS. So hai :D
Stupid updater.
Hey babbbyy!! How old are you now, when I last saw your, you werebthis high *shows inaccurate representation of height on the ground* :P x
hampir setahun yang lalu harrypotterbest said…
Hai guys x) Alice, who're the five remaining ones? :P
STUPID UPDATER
I'm 13! ANd I haz me a boyfriend who looks like this:

:D
 I'm 13! ANd I haz me a boyfriend who looks like this: :D
Logan <3
*squeals*
Me
My Besty Best
Malloy
Gemmy
Moo (even though she barely comes on)

As far as I know, Gred just missed the reasons gang, but I mayyy be wrong :L x
I haven't heard from Moo in over a million years :S
STUPID UPDATER!
Didn't Moo go to Ghana for the summer?
Yeah, to work for some charity thing... Hope she's having fun ^^
:O IT ACTUALLY WORKED!
YAY! FANPOP LOVES US!
Never mind.
Lol XD
Ironic, huh? XD
Very ;P
hampir setahun yang lalu pokerface22 said…
Hey! Slushie's gone! WHOO! Party!

Sorry, guys, I was felling sick this morning, so I was taking a nap, apparently. I'm awake now.
Awww *hugs* Feel better soon Lady Gaga! :]

Where'd my niece go...? ACCIO TONKS! And Accio Accio! XD I love saying that. Accio Accio!
hampir setahun yang lalu SEEKER6 said…
ACCIO! hahahahahaha aHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
I don't find slushie to be awful. Much better than gaychees, but her picture make me mad. Dan was so cuuuttttteeee!
I love slushies >.< But for some reason I don't think you're talking about them xD
^someone want to explain who slushy is? I been gone :< PRETTY PLEASE!
Another Twilight defender with somewhat reasonable spelling and grammar, who has managed to prove that she has read both series. We quizzed her hard.
Alright! Sweet. I saw a few comments from her, and her picture said one thing while her comments said another.... nice to know she doesn't "tip lyke diz".
Not all Twilight fans type like that.... Just sayin :P
Slushie, go here:
link

Yes, I am that desperate for comments.
I know. I just got really ticked off from gaycheese for a while, and there wasn't any other Twilight fans. I just got used to it......... I WASN'T TRYING TO OFFEND NO ONE! D: sowry
^^ Ill go there X> ... wait. Best? OH MY GOSH HAI! XDDDD
Slushie looks like she left us... :)
...You just notice I'm here? ._. xD
big smile
YAY! hahahaha yeahhh I'm kinda slow.... Oh look a nargle! (>*.*)>

Pokerface: I posted on your, um, article/forum thing! >^<
laugh
^hahaha I kinda read your name and was like oh look its JK Rowling! Then I was like wait.... harrypotterb..... OMG!
Lol fail XD
^ I know, I tend to have alot of those lol. We were praticing our dance at camp today and I got kicked. Then I fell. Then I didn't realize i was on the floor. Well i mean I did but i didn't get up until some kid ran over me.
You are relating to me more and more each post. I'll be looking for my phone or a pen for ten minutes then realize it's in front of me or in my hands.
Lol, same!
Heehee, I iz back, I'm doing summer work >.<

But they mentioned Harry Potter in my grammar book :D :D :D
hampir setahun yang lalu gaycheese said…
ok i hav mor reesuns y tw1lite is bettr
1.herry ptoter is soooo tottaly ovr
2u cna undrstand bellas probblems bcuz ther abt hr boyfrend n any1 ho hav a boyfiend noes how she fell. hery potrs problems r only abut magik.
3.bella hav a famly so itz not as sad
4.the authr isnt as rich so she iz nicer 2 poor ppl
my bruthr saw wut i rote n he told me that i shudnt call ppl mean or st00pid so sorry that i sed that 2 u guyzz.
You again?

*sighs*
hampir setahun yang lalu Belvedere said…
Apology accepted. Next time please be more considerate, I mean, you did offend some people out there.
Hey, you! Harry Potter is so NOT over! Have you not realized that fans have been staying up all night for a clue that might give them access to a Harry Potter website?? And yes, apology accepted. Kudos to your brother.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
stupid updater. >:(
J.K Rowling gives money to many many charities, and did you ever hear the story of the girl with Lukemia? It's very touching. I don't know what you're talking about when you say Stephenie Meyer is kinder.

Also, Bella is not relatable to me. I can relate more to Harry. ( Not all his problems have to do with magic). What about when his godfather died? Harry didn't go into a depression like Bella did. He acted NORMALLY. Bella threw herself off a cliff for a boy she thought she loved. (Ed and Bella didn't really love each other. There was no passion in that relationship. It was lust, not love). Harry went on with his life when is father figure DIED. I think a father is much more important than a boyfriend.

Harry Potter isn't over, an entire website dedicated to it is coming out in October. And you never know if J.K Rowling will come out with a Potter encyclopedia. That doesn't even have to do with the story, and neither does the part about the authors.

About the family part... That just makes HP all the more realistic. Some people don't have families. My dad lost everyone in his family, and now all he has is me, my brothers, and my mother. Sad, isn't it?