Harry Potter vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs. Twilight 54807 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 20301-20350 of 54807

hampir setahun yang lalu harrypotterbest said…
I agree, Accio.

And I think burning books is bad, no matter what book you're burning. Siriusly.
hampir setahun yang lalu Italktosnakes said…
smile
And with that, I'm going to bed. :D x
hampir setahun yang lalu Quaila said…
Goodnight Accio. ^^
Night Accio! (hug)
This forum is the best place to hang out ^^
Lol... Agreed. ^^
On another more depressing note, it has finally happened. I snapped openly at youknowit101...
:O Really?
Where?
I demanded that he should start showing fans some sensitivity and stop his stechschritts on the wall. Stechschritt is most widely used as a marching style to show dominance by soldiers slamming their feet down hard on the ground. Google it.
Oh, I saw. Just now.
It is more commonly known as goose-stepping.
hampir setahun yang lalu youknowit101 said…
You guys want a peaceful debate spot? what is that? A spot where everyone is on the same side? Try the Harry Potter spot
That is so ad absurdum that I vomit. Tell me, just because you own a lot does it mean that the infinite space above it and the ground below it all the way to the centre of the Earth is yours?
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
"I want a reasonable debate spot based on mutual respect, therefore everyone must think exactly as I do." - That is so blatantly fallacious, dear Fegelein, that you make me sick.
Don't know who you're quoting. please provide a source
mischievous
link
PLEASE VOTE FOR MOLLY!

Pweeeez!
I'm paraphrasing your ethos.
Incorrectly. Youre shoving words in my mouth. You don't have to think like me. if you want a spot where everybody loves harry potter, go to the harry potter fan spot. the spot specially designed for harry potter fans.

If you are looking for a spot with harry potter fans, harry potter haters, twilight fans, and twilight haters, stay here
"You guys want a peaceful debate spot? What is that?"
That is in my opinion a spot built on reason and mutual respect.
However, you replied yourself: "A spot where everyone agrees with you? Try the Harry Potter spot."
Thus it consitutes my straw man.

In reply to your new argument, I do not want everyone to agree with me. We learn from people with other opinions do we not? Then where are we to learn from if everyone agrees with us like morons?
We have a variety of fandoms here, as you said, You know who... er, I mean you know it. Yet everyone has to back up their opinions with reasons. We do it, some Twilight fans do it, Antis do it... get my drift?
In response to what I was originally talking about.....

Someone said "To be fair, this spot was peaceful before Cassie and youknowit joined"

I responded with "you want a peaceful debate spot? What is that? ...."

Cassie came here and started saying something than "Harry Potter rules!" and smarter than "Vampires are hot!".

That got some people all pissy. its only a guess, but i think it bothered them that she didn't fit their stereotype and they weren't expecting it.

I came here because I saw the nasty thing they startd saying to her. I didn't like it. I could care less what book is better. i just want to put them back in their place
smile
"Est Europa nunc unita
Et unitas maneat
Una in diversitate
Pacem mundi augeat

Semper regant in Europa
Fides et Iustitia
Et Libertas populorum
In maiore patria" - First and second verses to the "Ode to joy".

That means random lyrics time!
@Youknowit101, is that gunboat diplomacy I smell? ...
of course when someone says something that makes sense and opposes them, they change the subject. -something Cassie pointed out to me
No. I came here as an ally to defend my girl. or redirect their idiotic taunting
First, I'm trying to calm down lest me go screaming insults in every language I know.

Secondly, what droit de seigneur gives you the right to put people in their places and not the admins? Defend = ok. Doing it by annoying people and showing little sensitivity is "End justifies the means" type of action.
hampir setahun yang lalu Ms_Mea said…
youknowit, you should know by now that "your girl" can take care of herself. She has done so many times on this spot, and it's obvious to everyone here that she can. It's obvious to everyone except you. I get that you want to stand up for a person you care about, I get that, I've done so myself...but she doesn't need protecting. Therefore, all you're doing is annoying many people on here and protecting a girl that doesn't. Need. Saving. Is that gettin' through your skull? So leave well enough alone. Cassie's a big girl, she can take care of herself
Really, you should know that even if Cassie may be a bit uptight sometimes, I respect her fully. Guess why? She has successfully out-argued me, she's reasonable and I've never see her go ad hominem abuse.
Whereas you are bringing up personal attacks and red herrings, and failed to provide reasoning twice due to what I suspect is laziness...
So generally, Cassie has mine and I dare say some other HP-fans' respect, whereas you have none.
^ Exactly. Total agreement right there
While sometimes she pisses us off, we respect her because she gives us reasonable debates and she can be respectful to us in return
So all I have to ask is, since you have no interest in Twight and/or HP, and it's very obvious that Cassie doesn't need your saving...why are you still here? To bug us? If you honestly don't want to insult us, then please leave or please at least act in a civil manner
And for the love of GOD, PLEASE try spelling correctly if you insist on loading those photos
Diffrance = Difference
Balence = Balance
The diffrance one wasnt me
angry
Do I smell red herrings and the Nuremburg defence here?
No. she was telling me to make sure someone else spells correctly. i cant do that
hampir setahun yang lalu DracoLuver said…
Mum, don't get angry - he's honestly not worth it. *hugs*
It was a mistake and it was a red herring. But could you please fucking say something else than: "It wasn't me, I can't do anything about it. It wasn't my point."
It gets extraordinarily exasperating! Tell us, everyone on this bloodied fanspot, right here, right now on the wall what your purpose here is! Cassie doesn't need defence. And you have scarcely done anything else than agitate both sides.
hampir setahun yang lalu emilyroxx said…
hmmm
I personally like Cassie when she isn't insulting Potato or Green Day. She occasionally has a point, and I respect Twilight fans that can actually come up with okay-ish reasons. YOU on the other hand have done nothing but insult Harry Potter and us, and just be rude to everyone. And, truthfully, it WAS peaceful before Cassie got here. Did they say it was a bad thing? Cuz I don't think it's bad that here are actually reasonable people to debate with on here now.
Hey, where's my hug *whimpers*
Okay, I'm sorry. I thought it was you. I'm just a total nag when it comes to people's writing, any where to anytime. My friends hate it when I do it, but I can't help it :)
angry
Das, ist ein Befehl youknowit101!
angry
Jetzt, bin ich bereits, jemand zu schiessen. Das. Ist. Nicht. Gut.
*hugs Mea* - Guys, calm down. We can't get angry that fast. Yes, he's being very immature and is ruining this spot, but I doubt he'll answer any of our questions truthfully, whether we are reasonable or not. >.>
I already told you my purpose.
If you want more, I'm here for motivation and support. Fuel and wood for her fire
Then you're as woefully mistaken as the guy who thought it was ripe for a cheese cauldron. "We are not amused."
*hugs Anti-Family* Guys, calm down...
angry
To defend Cassie - yes, we get it. Again, she doesn't need to be defended. She's perfectly capable to defend herself. So many people respect her on this spot because the points she raises are true. But you, on the other hand, are annoying us to death! If you really want to help her, stop getting up our butts and annnoying us to death!
Have you asked her if she needed it? We're still not amused by your numerous transgressions of civility and gaming the system actions though.
angry
*hugs Best*

@youknowit - honestly, your not helping her ONE BIT!
Youknowit101, it seems to me that we already get your pointless point. An understood point needs not to be repeated, I'm asking - no, inviting you to explain the pointless point.
Mum, he's not going to. He said he already "made his point." I doubt he'll explain.
sad
I had to state that, you'll see why. Even if my point is callous and gives little respect.
angry
Your giving loads of respect. It's him who's annoying us to no end and being immature! >.>