Harry Potter vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs. Twilight 54807 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3951-4000 of 54807

hampir setahun yang lalu venvargie said…
to whoever said it: can you please explain to the British person what a permit is!

In America it allows you to drive at the age of 15 and a half as long as you have an adult in the car that can drive and it's while the sun is up.
hampir setahun yang lalu mooimafish17 said…
smile
^^ okay cool

to whoever was talking about reading ages: allow me to show off! when I was in year six (11) I had a reading age of 18
smile
^ Niiiiice~
laugh
^^ lol thank you will post a list of books you must read - and films and play lol (sorry - you can tell I'm doing drama at uni can't you lol)
Haha, I love suggestions for books/movies/plays. Bring it on! xD
hampir setahun yang lalu FredWRules said…
heart
“i was in the bathtub. my dad came in and said, “guess who they want to play harry potter?” i think i said the name of another actor, because i was sure it wasn’t me. then he said, “no, it’s you,” and i started to cry with joy. that night, i woke up at 2 in the morning and woke up mom and dad and asked, “am i dreaming? will i really play harry potter?”
—daniel radcliffe

I don't know about you guys, but I FIND that sooo cute!!!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu lucius_malloy said…
heart
ohhhh :) little kids are awesome
heart
Awwwww! That's so cute. X3
smile
^^ that is soo cute

Anyway:
On the Seas to Troy by Caroline B Cooney (Below many ppls reading levels but a very good book to read in one afternoon)

The History Boys - Alan Bennant (Play and Film - very funny, but very British so you may not understand it all - anyway, very very good play and worth watching/reading. Film is a 15)

The Pirate's Daughter, by Margaret Cezair-Thompson (quite a long book but a fantastic one and well worth your time. One of my all time favorite books - adult themes :) )

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - (book and film - highly recommend both as both very good and very different)

V for Vendetta - (Film - powerful and moving story and corruption, shows and different side to London, as does.........)

Eastern Promises - (Film - very toughing with some great acting by a hero of mine, Viggo Mortensen - Shows a different and harder side to my beloved London.)
Those all sound good. :D
there are loads but i didn't wanna bore anyone lol - any Shakespeare is good - as is Tom Stoppard.
smile
haha no bore for me, I love to read.

Speaking of which, anyone ever read "FableHaven" or the "Charlie Bone" series? They may be below everyone's reading level, but me and my mom enjoy those book series so very much. They're fantasy too so give them a shot if you haven't read them. ;D
hai :D
try this recipe:

1 can of bulgarian yoghurt (if you can't get bulgarian, try turkish, it should work)
2,5 (yoghurt)cans of flour
2/3 can of oil
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
approx 200 g feta cheese

-mix up all the ingredients
-roll into small balls, about an inch in diameter
-bake at 200 C (approx 390 F) for seven minutes, spread with egg yolk and bake for another seven.

so easy it's ridiculous :D
hampir setahun yang lalu TVjunkie7598 said…
smile
55.All the characters have their own personality it makes them more realistic to imagine while ur reading

56.Wizards vs Vampires wizards trump vampires every time!!!!!!!!!!!

57.Harry potter is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. you can imagine the characters in the future.
 55.All the characters have their own personality it makes them lebih realistic to imagine while ur rea
55? try 27XX :D
hampir setahun yang lalu souflizzle317 said…
@ven, actually you get your permit at age 15 (or later if you want, but 15 is the earliest and when most teenagers like to get it), not 15 1/2, and you're not restricted to driving in the daytime. in fact, you *have* to have 10 hours of nighttime driving to be able to get your license (and 30 hours of daytime driving/driver's ed classroom time). Just clarifying :)

I'm a little late but people seemed to be talking about reading levels, so I'm just going to go ahead and say (hope I don't come across as bragging *bites nails nervously*) that I started reading when I was three and was at a 12-year-old's reading level by the time I was 5, and then I was at a high school senior (age 18) reading level when I was 7....is that normal? maybe I should get help...

@lucius, what does that recipe make? it looks kinda really good...

@moo, don't worry about boring anyone, I posted about twenty books on the last page haha :)
flizzie, it's a bulgarian bread kinda thing... I think it's called pitki. although, if you make one big loaf then it's banichki...

and also, guess what? one of my amirite posts got onto AW! haha I posted about how the world can't end in 2012 because the DH epilogue is in 2017 and then someone posted it on AW and said that MLIM. and also in the comments somebody said I have awesome posts... not to brag or anything. but they totally made my day. week. month. century.
^ That's awesome!! Haha I like your version of why the world can't end better than my friend's: "The world can't end in 2012 because the Jonas Brothers have been to the year 4000!" and I'm like "Grrr mention the Jonas Brothers one more time. I dare you." She's insanely obsessed with the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus. She's a great friend, but has *terrible* taste in music...
isn't it 3000? and also, what the HELL are they on about? we live underwater? (my sister has the exact same taste in music -:-)
smile
^^ that was a busted song! (don't hate on me I USED to like them!!)

well done malloy that's a great reason :)
why thank you. why don't we make it reason... what is it now? 2650? 2660?
hampir setahun yang lalu TheQuibbler said…
@ soufizzle you had the same reading level as me at seven so I guess it normal for smartical pepl like uss!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
reading levels... I haven't taken the test for years and years, but the last time I did (when I was eight) I think it was hovering around 20.
worried
When I was younger I was so smart it scares me sometimes, I knew the Hebrew alphabet at 18 months, I think I might be an alien....
now that is just weird...
smile
omg - that is kinda extra Hun!!

thou is does prove a point - hp fans are smarter than T fans
^ It kind of *does* prove a point...obviously, it's a general statement and not true about 100% of the fans of either series, but the majority....

Quibb, that is kind of weird...I don't really scare myself with my smartness because I'm not some kind of prodigy or anything, but it doesn't make sense to me sometimes. Because if you didn't know me and read a written description of me in a classroom (quiet, smart, logical etc) and then a written description of me with my friends (extremely hyper, about 235803759374 blonde moments per day, can't stop laughing at the stupidest things etc), you wouldn't think the two descriptions were the same person. My friends have literally told me that they don't understand where my grades (straight As and A+s, if I get an A- average in a class, I flip out haha) come from because sometimes I say and do the stupidest things :)

Hmm...maybe I have multipersonality disorder, or whatever that's called...It's possible :)

Off-topic (I'm good at that haha), but if I posted a poem I had to write for class a few months ago, would you guys mind telling me if you think it's good? Because it's possibly the only good poem (I think) I've ever written in my life because poetry is totally not my thing...I'm more of a 90 page story person :)
hampir setahun yang lalu LoveforSeverus said…
FUCK! HANNAH IS BACK *runs for life*
cool
post away hun :)
Mmk just a little explanation, we had to write lyric poems for English class in February (2010) and it was supposed to be about something really meaningful and all I could think of was a really painful breakup I went through last April (2009) and so I wrote about that...criticism is good, but please be nice!! Oh, and remember I'm terrible at poetry so if it doesn't flow perfectly, that's just because of my lack of poetry talent :)

It was all words,
nothing more, nothing less.
You took my trust,
and used it for your own success.

They say hate is a powerful word,
but love is just as strong.
Faking it for your own benefit
hurts and is just plain wrong.

You had more faults than usual,
but I loved you nonetheless.
I never deserved the things you did,
but loving you made it worth the stress.

It’s been nearly a year since you left,
and it’s taken me this long,
You’re gone, finally out of my heart,
and that’s where you belong.
smile
I like it - it has good imagery and is not to sugary or over the top
haha thanks :) I was going for more of a dark, "you're a real bastard" kind of thing, not really a mushy love poem or anything, so it shouldn't seem sugary - unless I'm just thinking of the wrong definition of sugary...

@LoveforSev, it's okay, I think she (hannahtwilight) left again so no worries :)
on a random side note:
one of my favorite poems starts:
Beloved sweetheart basted
basted?
basted like cooked? I need to cook. I'm lazy.
@ soufizzle: *wipes tears* that was beautiful! No siriusly, I really liked it!

I think we could all be really close friends if we met in real life, when you were describing yourself soufizzle, I was like, "That sounds EXACTLY like me!"
I like that poem. :3

Wish I could write poetry.
big smile
This is really random, but have any of you tried hummus? I just tried some for the first time and I LOVE it!
@ Quibb, aww thanks it made my friend cry when she read it too haha :) I think we would all be really good friends too if we actually met. I mean, we pretty much know each other because we've all been on this forum for a while (I think I've been here for four or five months...) and the only thing that we don't know that we would if we met in real life is voices and what we look like - and some of us posted pictures already so...

@ven, I can't write poetry either, trust me. I'm not being modest, that poem I posted is the only good one I've written. All the other poems I've written (we had to write 20 for English :P ) were all extreme fails haha :)

I'm going through all the poems I had to write for school, and I like this one too not because it's really good poetry but I like how I wrote about my sister. So yeah, this is an acrostic about my 5-year-old sister Miranda (and our last name isn't Rayfielda, I changed a few letters in our real last name to make the letters work the way I wanted them to haha)

My 5-year-old sister
Is a devil in the making,
Running into everything
At light speed.
Nothing stands in her way,
Destruction follows her every step
And scissors are her friend.

Roaring her insults
Always getting her way
Yelling at everyone
Favoring violence to words.
If she’s angry, she’s
Evil and unstoppable. She’s
Loud and obnoxious but that
Doesn’t stop the fact that she’s my sister
And I love her.

EDIT: and Quibb, no I've never had hummus, is it really good?
Ooo and one more short one, I promise I won't post any more poems after this one haha:

Pyramid poem about friendship :) (by the way, pyramid poem is the word, then two adjectives, then three verbs, and then two statements at the end)

Friendship
wonderful, loving
give, take, share
The best thing in the world. Endless memories.

*extremely* cheesy, but I kinda like it :)
It sorta tastes like really nutty and spicy peanut butter. I love it but a lot of people think it tastes too eccentric...

That poem about your little sis made me laugh! it reminds me so much of my sisters when they were younger!
blush
awww I live your poems - to bad I can't quote mine!!
Beloved Sweetheart Bastard
hummus is niceeeeeeeeeee - lol i love it with garlic and toast :)
@Quibb, haha yeah my sister is completely evil but she's also an amazing sister when she's not torturing me :) And I don't know about hummus...spicy peanut butter? It's not the peanut butter turning me off, it's the spicy part. I'm extremely sensitive to spicy stuff, mild salsa is still too spicy for me haha :)

Random, off-topic question, but is anyone here a vegetarian?
my stepdads work makes the BEST hummus!
^^ it's not spicy but it is spiced if that's okay
Hummus is kinda awesome :D and by the way, has anyone tried helva? It's this bulgarian sunflowerseed thing.

And about poems... We had to write some for English a while back.. There was one I liked, but I can't remember how it goes so I'll post it tomorrow when I get to my computer (I'm on my iPod now).

Oh oh oh and guess what? My neighbours said they'd pay me to read HP to their boys (ages 7 and 5) :D
hampir setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
Wow... I missed a lot again. Oh well. That's the disadvantage of watching too much Buffy in one day. X(
^ haha :D
good night, y'all :)
hampir setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
Nighty night. :)

Okay, so souflizzle asked me a question about music, so here's a list of my favorite bands:

All-American Rejects
Green Day
Cute Is What We Aim For
Boys Like Girls
The Used
Fall Out Boy
30 Seconds To Mars
The Academy Is...
Amber Pacific
Forever The Sickest Kids
Good Charlotte
Hey Monday