Book 2 Mistakes
Chamber of Secrets
NOTE: Many of these book mistakes were corrected in later versions, so the mistake may not appear in your HP book.
* On page 4, the hari of Harry's birthday, Rowling says, "and then, exactly a tahun ago, Hogwarts had written to Harry..." but they had actually written before Harry's eleventh birthday. He'd been receiving them before, he just never had the chance to read one. So technically he had been written to before his eleventh birthday. Thanks, Kelsey!
* On page 95, it states that Nearly Headless Nick "took several deep breaths, and then said, in a far calmer tone, 'So what's bothering you?'" However, on page 506 of GOF, Myrtle says that ghosts do not breathe: "When I can't ...when I haven't...not for ages..."
* On page 102 of the American COS: "Several (freshly caught Cornish pixies) shot through the window, showering the back row with broken glass." The glass would have splintered outward, not back into the classroom.
* In COS, on page 119 of the American version, it states, "...Harry was dragging his feet along the saat floor corridor to Lockhart's office. He gritted his teeth and knocked." However, on page 141, after Mrs. Norris is found petrified on the saat floor, Lockhart urges Professor Dumbledore to use his office to examine her, saying that it is just upstairs. That would mean that his office is on the THIRD floor, not the second. Thanks, Christina!
* (NOTE: This mistake applies only to the US versions.) When Professor McGonagall took Harry to Professor Dumbledore's office, the kata laluan was "lemon drop," but then in the fourth book when he's going to tell Dumbledore about Mr. Crouch in the forest it says "...five minit later he was hurtling towards a stone gargoyle standing half way along an empty corridor. 'Sher-sherbet lemon,' he panted at it. This was the kata laluan to the hidden staircase to Dumbledore's office- atau at least it had been two years ago."
* The chapter picture for "The Rogue Bludger" shows Harry's left arm deboned, but in the story, his right arm has been deboned. Thanks, Amy!
* At the end of the saat book Dumbledore tells Harry that Lord Voldemort is the last remaining ancestor of Salazar Slytherin. But it should say that Lord Voldemort is the last remaining descendant of Salazar Slytherin.
* In the back of the paperback version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, on the last page where it gives a pratonton of the seterusnya book, it reads: "Harry Potter has to sneak back to his third tahun at Hogwarts after accidentally inflating his horrible Aunt Petunia." It should say he inflated his Aunt Marge.
Credit - Mugglenet