House M.D. The NEW Caption Contest

oldmovie posted on Jan 31, 2009 at 09:18PM
As many of you gathered already, I've taken over from PLH, of course with her permission, the caption contest and so to start my new regime I'd like to set up a new forum where I can manage things better.

Here is the orginal post from PLH:

Hey guys!!

So it seems lie you guys liked my idea of a caption contest here at the House spot, so I thought I would explain a little more about how it will work.

So,

1) Every Weekend I will post an image in the photos section of this spot with the title 'CAPTION CONTEST #[whatever]' and I will also put a link to it in this forum. Please not that I will try to post it every Friday, but if I cant then I will try to post it as soon as possible.

2) In the comments of that image you guys have to write the captions. They can be long or short, just try to be reasonable!!

I'm sure this bit is reasonably obvious, but bear with me!

When you are writing the actual captions, I thought I would post some guidelines! Firstly, you need to put the name of the character (if there is only one person in the picture then this is not necessary), then a colon (:), then whatever they are saying/doing/thinking.

For saying: just plain text.
For doing: *text inside stars*
For thinking: //text inside dashes//

3) I will post the deadline date in the image description and all entries must be in before that. I think stage 4 will be easier if you limit yourselves to one entry per image, however if you do decide to change your entry then please say that when you repost, please do not just edit!!

4) When the deadline has been reached I will post a pick with all the usernames of the people that entered. Because of the character limit on picks we would not be able to post the whole captions. As the first comment I will post a link to the image and therefore a link to the captions. Please look before you vote and please do so honestly! Vote for the comment, not the person please!!

5) As an extra incentive to join in I will be awarding props to the winner each week! Hopefully you will join in for the fun rather than the prize!

And I hope you guys have fun doing these!!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!

List of winners:

1) PotterGal
2) oldmovie
3) heeeresjoyce
4) cocacola
5) bainmoussant
6) Olivine
7) EverybodyLies
8) bainmoussant
9) HuddyCrazy1331
10) mygreghouse
11) Blazing-Fire
12) cocacola
13) livi_wells
14) Tie between: misanthrope86 and HuddyCrazy1331
15) HuddyCrazy1331
16) Rachel ate the results to this one
17) Pottergal
18) GoodOldPhooners
19) misanthrope86
20) Fabouluz
21) Pottergal
Alright *cuts red tape* The Caption Contest is up and running again!!!

last edited on Mar 07, 2009 at 02:28PM

House M.D. 43 balas

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...