Law and Order SVU "Ripped from the Headlines" - what are the real cases from L&O:SVU?

jenstudent posted on Sep 15, 2008 at 05:57PM
Hello,

I am a student completing my undergraduate thesis on the comparison between L&O:SVU episodes and the real cases they are modeled after, in SEASON SEVEN. I know there is a book called "True Stories of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", which has been useful in detailing the real cases of five (of the twenty-two episodes) during SEASON SEVEN. I am wondering if anyone knows personally, or of another resource, which details where the L&O:SVU episodes came from (specifically, SEASON SEVEN)?

Thank-you, Jen

Law and Order SVU 11 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu livi_wells said…
In the season 7 ep of '911' (episode 3 i think)
they at first believe the girl was a hoax, like the in 2004 where a girl called Jessica rang the police with complete details of an abuse case. It turned out it was a 17 year old girl and it never happened. If you follow the link below it gives more details.
:)
good luck with your undergrad!

link
Oh and also the episode strain (also season 7)

it doesn't give much information, but you might be able to google it.

link
and this one too
its called 'name'. it gives a little more information than the other 2 i posted.

link
hampir setahun yang lalu jenstudent said…
thank-you very much. if you find anymore, please let me know.
hampir setahun yang lalu manmates said…
smile
Hi - I can't find any answers for this. I am also looking for tghe same information - so any kind of website / resource which would list all the "Ripped from the headlines" episodes from all seasons would really help.

Please please help if you can,

Thnxs

Manmates
hampir setahun yang lalu Eline_K said…
smile
Hi,

I don't really know any more episodes, but I do have a link for you. It's also about SVU cases and real cases, but not exactly the same as your topic. Maybe this is completely useless for you, but I still thought I'd share this link with you, just in case. link is the link.

Good luck with your thesis!

Love,

Eline
hampir setahun yang lalu lalaabye said…
ghfgjgngf
hampir setahun yang lalu Eline_K said…
meh
Say what...?
hampir setahun yang lalu thedogandcat said…
cool
fjdkal; hahaha i did the same thing lalabye did
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu avaldo said…
I heard the episode 'Authority' was based on a true story.
A man impersonating a detective actually was calling fast food restruants (sp?) and telling the managers to strip-search employees. D;
hampir setahun yang lalu athena32 said…
I'm doing the same paper, only it doesn't have to just be season seven, and the real case it's based on has to be from NYC. I'd appreciate any help!