LGBT Any songs about bisexuality/lesbianism?

kissthespider26 posted on Aug 26, 2011 at 07:46AM
I only know a couple, and I like music to express my feelings. I write my own, but, you know, don't have the means to...so, yeah! Any songs, I LOVE 'I Kissed a Girl' by Katy Perry, and 'Crimson and Clover' by Joan Jett and the BlackHearts...

LGBT 17 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu r-pattz said…
link by Rihanna:
"Te amo, te amo," she says to me
I hear the pain in her voice
Then we danced underneath the candelabra
She takes the lead
That's when I saw it in her eyes, it's over

There's also link by Sarah McLachlan.

t.A.T.u. has a bunch of good songs, and I like a lot of their music videos, too. Try link

Lily Allen's link isn't about either of those topics really, but it's got a lovely few lines on homosexuality in general. Plus, Lily Allen is just an awesome human being. ^_^
So you say it's not okay to be gay
Well I think you're just evil...
Your point of view is medieval

I'm sure you've heard Gaga's link but just in case you haven't, I included it. ;)

link is more about gay bullying and suicides than lesbianism itself, but it's such a strong and powerful song, and the music video is so good too. Check it out!

There's link by Ani DeFranco...

Try the Veronicas, too. They're chicks, and I don't know if any of their songs are actually about "her" or "she" or anything, but their songs sound very, very gay to me. One of them's bi, not sure about the other, but maybe she influences the songs? *shrugs* Anyway, I adore the Veronicas, and their music sounds gay. xD Try link

Tegan and Sara are twin lesbians, who you might like. A lot of dykes do. xD Try link
Emy should I stop?

Alsoooooo, I'm a shameless Glee fan. Check out their covers of link and link both of which are sung by Santana (Naya Rivera) to Brittany (Heather Morris). I don't know if they'd have the same impact on you though, if you don't watch Glee. :S

Garbage is a very link band, too. I LOVELOVELOVE Shirley Manson. She's fucking fantastic. <3 Check out link as well. Very gay. ;D

Hope that helped! ;)
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu kissthespider26 said…
heart
thankyou very much, but I try to stay away from Glee, no offense, it's just not my cup of whatever...but thanks for the suggestions, I LOVE Born This Way, it's one of my faves...
hampir setahun yang lalu Dragonclaws said…
link by Jill Sobule. No relation to the Katy Perry song. A bit prettier in my opinion.
hampir setahun yang lalu pandawinx said…
smile
How about "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you"?

Its got the lyrics: "You are the girl that i've been dreaming of, ever since i was a little girl."
hampir setahun yang lalu DandC4evacute said…
"Good Girl" by Carrie Underwood.
"Hey, good girl, you've got a heart of gold.....,why why you gotta be so blind why don't you open up your eyes just a matter of time till your mine."
hampir setahun yang lalu kittylacroix said…
Some of my favorites are "The Naughty Song" by Cory Lee, "In or Out" and "32 Flavors" by Ani DiFranco. (But she talks a lot about being in female relationships throughout her music- like "Both Hands," "Little Plastic Castles" and "She Says." :) If you're looking for general references to female relationships, you might like a lot of her stuff. :)) There's also "I U She" by Peaches, "Bi" by Living Color, and I second Jill Sobule's "I Kissed a Girl." And of course there's always Madonna's "Human Nature." :)

For a funny mention of being a lesbian, you might like "I Spent My Last $10 on Birth Control & Beer" by 2 Nice Girls. :) I know there are more, but ftm that's all I can think of, outside of The Bloc Party and Morrissey talking about gay male relationships on occasion. Oh! And for some reason, "Caroline" by Concrete Blonde always seemed very gay-girl to me, as does "Carmen" by Paula Cole. Hope that helps!
hampir setahun yang lalu fassmackey said…
Come to my window by Melissa Eitheridge, Wild is the wind by David Bowie,
hampir setahun yang lalu GingaNinjaSNSD said…
Well, the only one that I can think of at the moment is Superhero by the Flobots. It is about gay marriage rights as well as the rules of war in the Middle East, but it really touches me.
hampir setahun yang lalu Daryian said…
A song about being a transexual :) link
hampir setahun yang lalu Ampharos12 said…
'She' by Jen Foster is great, adorable song about a girl in love with a girl. Well, make that pretty much anything by Jen Foster. I Didn't Just Kiss Her is great too. She Has A Girlfriend Now by Reel Big Fish is a cute tongue-in-cheek song about a girl who's done with men. I Don't Do Boys by Elektra is funny too.

Uhhhh, what else...Well, Jenny by Studio Killers sounds kinda gay to me, but honestly I can't tell if it's a man or a woman singing. However, it's been used in yuri amvs sooooo...do as you will with that xD
The original Vocaloid song Magnet is in japanese, but there are plenty of covers of it in English and the original idea of the song was two women in love versus the world.

I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis doesn't have a 'he' or a 'she' in it at all, but it always felt like she was talking about a girl to me. Maybe it's because I'm gay, I don't know.
Last but not least, Leaving Tonight by The Birthday Massacre talks about two girls together.

I second (or is it third?) T.a.t.u, Take Me On The Floor and Jill Sobule's I Kissed A Girl.
hampir setahun yang lalu gasalto said…
I've always thought of For Guinevere by Heather Dale as a lesbian love song. It's a soothing, sincere, reassuring ballad about the strength and beauty of a relationship that not everybody understands, sung to a partner worried about other peoples' reactions.
hampir setahun yang lalu DarrenCrissOnly said…
She keeps me warm Mary Lambert
hampir setahun yang lalu cyduck said…
Missy Higgins has some great bi music. Her song "Secret" is just one great example!
hampir setahun yang lalu Outerspace224 said…
Try girls/girls/boys by panic! At the disco
Bumbl_ee commented…
Yes! hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu BennieBear27 said…
I believe the song 'Coming Clean' by Green Day is about bisexuality!
hampir setahun yang lalu Drama_queen-xx said…
'Cool for the summer' by Demi Lovato.

"Don't be scared 'cause I'm your body type
Just something that we wanna try
'Cause you and I
We're cool for the summer"
hampir setahun yang lalu legend_of_roxas said…
Holy by Zolita