Sense and Sensibility Brandon, Edward, atau Willoughby - who would anda pick and why?

milkamilka posted on Dec 26, 2008 at 01:53PM
I personally would pick Colonel Brandon.
First, I was really fund of Willoughby, but after he leaves so suddenly to London I started to dislike him. Some way he reminds of Mr. Wickham in Pride and Prejudice.

The fact, that Colonel Brandon loves Marianne, even when he sees that Marianne is in love with Willoughby amazes me.

Sense and Sensibility 11 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu Echoes said…
heart
I agree with milkamilka, but i have to say that i like Edward the best. I really like the fact that he has a very genuine affection for Margaret, and actually plays with her, and doesn't do it just to get Elinor. He is really sweet, and Elinor and him make a perfect couple.
hampir setahun yang lalu makintosh said…
I would pick Colonel Brandon.
He falls in love with Marianne at first sight and remains constantly devoted.He first sees her playing the piano and singing and admires her from then on.
When Marianne becomes sick and almost dies because her heart is so badly broken Brandon devotion to her makes Marianne see him in a new light and she gradually becomes affectionate towards him.
Realizing how good Colonel Brandon is, Marianne agrees to marry him.
As Elinor said: Colonel Brandon is the best of men!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu Celina79 said…
I totally agree makintosh! Colonel Brandon is a gentleman, he cares and he is trustful. I love such men!! :)
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu MinervaMestiza said…
heart
Colonel Brandon, for ever!
hampir setahun yang lalu peteandco said…
heart
Colonel Brandon! he's so sweet, he thinks to marianne before thinking of himself. he accept the fact that's she's maybe too young to love him . He's always there for her after willoughby betrayal . And he cares for his friends to : i think about edward. he didn't know him, but as a friend of elinor, and because he reminds him his own story ( but he was wrong ) , he helps him. He's so generous!
hampir setahun yang lalu DreamyGal said…
heart
Colonel Brandon, definetly! He is an absolute gentleman and NEVER stops loving Marianne.
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
wink
Gotta agree with the consensus here and go with Colonel Brandon. Something about his kindness, gentleness, trustworthiness and sweet innocence makes him a rare gem among men. And of course if he could come with Alan Rickman's voice that would be even better ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu XxMrsDarcyxX said…
Absolutly Colnel Brandon!!! He is such a sweetie and loves Marianne from the beginning even though he knows that she loves Willoughby. He really cares for her and looks after her when she gets sick and i LOVE him for it. The fact that Marianne loves him back at the end of the book (I dont think he ever expected her to)just makes me sooo happy for both of them
hampir setahun yang lalu luvutoo said…
Edward. He is loyal to his committments, no matter what.
hampir setahun yang lalu Kraucik83 said…
heart
Colonel Brandon of course!
hampir setahun yang lalu 4196 said…
Edward, he is genuinely sweet and loyal,even to Lucy