The Phantom of The Opera New Phantom film (Angel of Music) now on DVD!

LighthouseLTD posted on May 28, 2009 at 08:16PM
Dear Phans,

My name is John Woosley. For those of you who don't know for the last four years I've been working on a new phantom film called Angel of Music (link). The film has recently been completed and is now available on Amazon.com. I have embedded a trailer, and the official description is below. This is definitely not something phans should miss! Thank you for your support! Go Phans!

link

The Phantom of the Opera...as you've never seen it before!
The Phantom of the Opera was based on true events...Sometime after the events of the novel, Christine Daae, the heroine, gave birth. A CULT rose up to protect the truth of the child's lineage. Years passed, and fact became fiction...people forgot...until now. Eric Nelson (Doug Kisgen) is a reporter for the Daily Epoch, hot on the trail of a story that could change everything you know about the novel. As he gets closer to the truth, the CULT moves to stop him, and Eric begins visualizing his life paralleling the events in the novel. Will he expose the truth in time?

Directed by JOHN WOOSLEY, the film also stars Lisa Mader as Eric's wife Kristen, and Jordan Baranowski as their new neighbor Raymond. This film will challenge everything you know about a story that has inspired books, musicals, and films...

The Phantom of The Opera 14 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu JustHuddy said…
big smile
Sweet! I've been waiting for this forever! *goes to order*
hampir setahun yang lalu LighthouseLTD said…
Great! I hope you enjoy, and be sure to share your thoughts on the Amazon page. Thanks for your support!
hampir setahun yang lalu eriklover said…
smile
I only heard about the movie a little while ago.
Do you know if it will come out on DVD in Australia?
Hope so!
The DVD is region free, so if Amazon can ship there, then it is available!
hampir setahun yang lalu Phantomess said…
It just arrived in the post, watching it now.
Fantastic, please be so kind as to post your honest thoughts on the Amazon page. I really hope you enjoy! Also be sure to check out the special features. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

-JW
And thoughts typed as I watch through.

Seems a little like POTO meets the daVinci Code. Which is kind of cool but a little odd. Although the actress for Christine is not bad, in the flashbacks she appears to be about twice the age of a Raoul who looks about 17. And why is Randall about a million kinds of creepy? Where did Kristin get the British accent? Obviously not from her mother. Why was Erik crying blood? And those guys suck at protecting the bloodline.
Overall the acting is about what you'd expect of an independent film. Not award winning, but passable. At least the really weird bits can actually be chalked up to a bad acid trip. I would have preferred more of the flashbacks from the novel. But it's definitely a twist on the story.
Great, thanks for your thoughts, will you post a review on Amazon? I think more people would be interested in checking it out if a fellow phan found it worthwhile. You can find more scenes from the novel in the deleted scenes section, including the "torture chamber" sequence.
Yeah I saw that. You should have kept them in.
You have your first amazon review.
Hey Everyone, unfortunately Phantomness's review never showed up on Amazon, but you can see the first ten minutes of the film is now on YouTube if you are interested:

link

-JW
The first customer review is up on Amazon!

Four Stars!
As a Phantom Phan, I was excited to see that there was a movie that would dive deeper into the famous legend. I must say that despite a few flaws this really is a must buy for anyone curious about Gaston Lerroux's opening statement in his book: "The Opera Ghost really existed".
News!

Angel of Music is becoming increasingly popular with the phan community. The film has multiple 4 star reviews posted on Amazon and is now available on Netflix! In addition, a new memoir about the making of the film (including the full screenplay and the screenplay for the original film "Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera) is also now available. For the latest:

link
hampir setahun yang lalu Phangirl7 said…
I've seen this movie and I didn't really like it. It's one of those I don't watch very often. I did not like the ending, I much preferred the alternate ending. Wasn't too huge a fan of the whole "Evil cult" thing. (Yeah, I think they're evil. I don't even believe the secret they were trying to protect.)