True Writers True Writers Newsletter

alicia386 posted on Aug 25, 2012 at 02:48AM
I am starting this little newsletter up. I hope to have it every weerk, atleast once a week. This is where you can catch up on the latest True Writers (TW) news. So if you missed out because of school then just come straight here.

1. Tons of us are just now getting back to school. It is hard to balance writing and homework so tons of us just dont come one as much as we did in the summer which is sad. If you dont have the time because of school or homework, then i completely understand. Just please try and come on the weekends. Thank you!

2. We have tons of new members and they are probably feeling left out because they arent getting any comments on their writing. Which is something we DO NOT support here on TW. Please try and get to their stories if you can.

3. We have many new and exciting stories coming to you live. Ex. Sequel of Girl Code, some new stories from me, and Stones of Aramis. Those are new and are updating as we speak.

4. The 7th Annual Awards Forum will be posted on Aug. 25! I hope everyone has a chance to vote. Newcomers are welcomed. To vote you must have read atleast one of the stories that is nominated.

That is all for today and i hope you have a splendid weekend.

True Writers 83 balas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 83

hampir setahun yang lalu sadiebugz00 said…
Very good idea for the newsletter!
hampir setahun yang lalu alicia386 said…
Thanks! I hope others read it if they want to catch up on the latest TW news!
hampir setahun yang lalu TheEvilHoodie said…
cool
cool
hampir setahun yang lalu rory2011 said…
cool we will have like a small TV in the club
great idea
Updates:

TrueWriters is officially a ghost town. Many members are not coming on anymore which makes the others sad and disappointed, we all want to keep this club running and we can't do that without each and everyone of your help. Please, start coming as much as you can. We don't want this club to become abandon.

There have been some issues about our commenting. Some members think we comment to 'lightly' and need to start giving more critical comments. I agree. We need to improve each other by giving more critical comments. It would be the best.

That is it for True Writer news! Happy Labor Day!
I'm so sorry! I feel like it's my fault that it's a ghost town... :( I'm juggling beginning middle school, all the homework, and stuff like that. We have a daybook, or composition book, in English where we write stuff, crappy or not, and I'll be posting stuff from that every chance I get.
I have to write things in my composition book too. We just started that in 8th grade.
Yeah, we write something in it every school day. I'll make sure to bring it home on Tuesday so I can post some stuff in the soapbox. (AKA, articles.)
Ooh-tay
;DDD
hampir setahun yang lalu 1999jacko said…
What's labour day????
In America, the first Monday of September is Labor Day, a day to just relax, and, well, escape labor!
hampir setahun yang lalu 1999jacko said…
big smile
Oh I've been wondering what it's been for ages and it something as simple as that
laugh
^^ it is in the name and u r not the only one who recently found out what Labor Day is.
XDDD
hampir setahun yang lalu hgfan5602 said…
Thanks for doing the newsletter- it makes this club much more aware.
You are so welcome. Maybe I can come up with more good ideas if I squeeze the lemons out my brain.
Yeah, it would have never come to me to make a newsletter. And I love it. ;D
hampir setahun yang lalu LadyEmzy16 said…
I HAVE TO REPOST IT!!!!!!!!!!! (Stones of Aramis)
WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!????
*Facepalm to myself*
How stupid can I get!?
((a Few minutes later))
Safely Reposted, *Sigh of relief*
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
HEY, u know the rule Emzy. No slapping yourself unless one if us slaps u. Got it?
^^ XDD
Oh crap....yes I got it
xD
Updates:

We are getting more songs and many new novels. I just want to thank everyone for joining and sharing their amazing new stories with us, we are helping one another and helping ourselves.

I forgot what it is called but there is a national novel completion in November. Ask Sadie for more information.
Yes, November is Novel-Writing month nationwide. I believe there might be a contest, but I do not know for sure. I will do some research and report back what I have learned. :)
Thanks!
hampir setahun yang lalu dragonsmemory said…
UPDATE: New novel posted. Hope in the Strangest Places Chapter 1 is now up.
Happy Saturday! Yay!! (Newsletter time today!)
Update on Novel Writing Month: As an abbriviation, it is called NaNo WriMo, and my school does in fact participate in it. Their website is link Every year one person wins and gets their novel published. I was invited to participate last year, but sadly I was too busy. I can only hope we all participate in this awesome month.

What: National Novel Writing Month

When: November 1st-30th

Where: nanowrimo.org and even some libraries and bookstores

Why: To bring up attention of writing!
That was such a great update. I have nothing to tell for right now. I will most definitely be entering the contest.
Thank you for completmenting my update :D Anyways, I think everyone in my grade is required to. My teacher said her story this year is going to be about zombies! :DDDD She's awesome.
I have never heard of it. Unfortunately, I doubt I can get Hope in the Strangest Places finished in time for the competition.
You just need to finish it by November 31st! Traditionally you usuallly start on November 1st, so I believe you have plenty of time to finish your novel. :)
I might enter Somnium.
Well, most of it is plotted out, I just need to put it together, get the perfect ending, and someone needs to make me a cover.
Cool! I just did some more research, and the only way to win is to have 50,000 or more words and you win, and they don't publish your book but people can read it. (I think :/)
How many ppl can win?
A bunch. All you have to do to win is to have 50,000 words or more to win.
Interesting. As you can probably see by the first chapter of "Hope in the Strangest Places," 50,000 words will be a no-brainer. Just wondering, what do winners recieve? If it's just the chance to have eople read my book over the website, I won't bother entering. I could just publish it here!
The prize is satisfaction that you completed a novel. That's all that I could ask for! :D
Pfft. I'm not going to bother, then. Usually, after I finish a story, I just start looking for the next one. There is no real satisfaction that I finished it. Besides, posting the books here is just as good or better than the contest
Yeah.....
UPDATE: It is NBM!

Incase you didn't understand that abbreviation, IT'S NATIONAL BISCUIT MONTH AT BISCUITVILLE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO! If you have never been there it is heaven it is in NC and VA. Originated in Burlington, NC.
U seem a bit TOO in love with these . . biscuits.
:D You don't understand how good they are. They have this little work station with clear glass around it and you can watch and old lady or old man make the biscuits!! You'll never understand until you try one.
Lol, I guess I'll never be able to try one.
Yeah, unless you come here on vacation or something. There's like 58 of them :D XD
I'm so sad!
crying
Apparently the Saturday before Labor Day is International Bacon Day D; AND I HAD NO CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 15th is National Cupcake Day!!!!!!!
smile
Update: New novel will be posted by me, Stones of Aramis is ditched, The Ghost Chronicles: Long Lost Love is under writing construction, so I'm posting: Downworlder Academy.

The Prouloge is posted hope you like it!