Permainan Video What do anda think of E3 2009?

knifewrench posted on Jun 02, 2009 at 07:28PM
My opinions:
I am almost done with Nintendo; the only TWO games which keep me from digging my sword into Reggie's back are Super Mario Galaxy 2 and The Conduit.... and possibly that "New" Mario game for the Wii. I'm tired of waiting for a Zelda game on the Wii. I'm tired of waiting for hardcore games. I'm tired of waiting for a decent thing to come out of the crack-smoking modern-Nintendo.

On the other hand, Peter Molyneux's demonstration was amazing. I have no words that fit it.... Seriously this is shockingly high tech. THE most advanced AI out there..... link

Left 4 Dead 2 looks ok, but I'm not seeing much innovation or difference from the first. Aren't they still working on DLC for the first game? As far as I can tell L4D2 is just Left 4 Dead with Team Fortress 2 graphics...

Apparently there's some new technology called Endorphin, it appears to be an engine which allows people to fall realisticly..... fascinating....

The Brink looks like your average over-hyped generic space-marine FPS. Nothing special but then again it's a teaser so we can't tell much about it.

Modern Warfare 2 look nice, but yet again, (with the exclusion of improved graphics) what's new? Ok, you can now spend stupid amounts of time climbing up mountains with pickaxes and the main character insists that he's gangster by holding his gun sideways while riding vehicles. Not all that impressed.

I feel like I'm on permanent repeat. Halo 3 ODST appears to be just Halo 3 with better graphics, new story and a worse name.

Nothing stands out from Xbox Live Arcade. Splosion looks funny and Joy Ride seems to be using the Xbox Avatars.... AT LAST. But the rest are just remakes or low-budget barrels of mediocrity. I doubt anything this year will be up to Braid's or Geometry Wars 2's standards.

HOWEVER, I'm very excited about Mass Effect 2. If you need telling why then I feel it is my privilege to call a psychiatric hospital for you.

I'm now less excited about Borderlands, they've decided to jump on the newly formed wagon and switched to cel-shading, and once again UGLY cel-shading.

ProtoType looks great, countless forms of biological whoop-ass. And after playing inFamous I can say that's a bloody fun thing.

When I heard about DJ hero at the end of last year from Game Damage I honestly thought it was a joke. "now you don't even have to have FAKE musical talent!" Well said Yahtzee, well said.....

Battlefield; Bad Company was all about the explosions and demolitions... it appears they're going to top their previous destruction capabilities with #2. I've noticed a trend now, what's with all the arctic games all of a sudden?

Ok that's all I can be bothered to say for now.....

My opinions: I am almost done with Nintendo; the only TWO games which keep me from digging my sword i
last edited on Jun 02, 2009 at 07:44PM

Permainan Video 17 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu rookyboy said…
From what I read L4D2 will have all DLC and maps from the first game and will feature more of a story. Still I'am not bought.
I don't know much about boarderland but apparantly its not "cel shading" its concept art put straight into 3d and has over 500,000 weapons very confusing.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu knifewrench said…
Meh, I still don't like the art style. Before they changed it to this, the game was really dark and gritty. Which was really cool.
hampir setahun yang lalu DoctorSpud said…
Team ICO revealed the name to that whacky bird-dog thingy game, called The Last Guardian. After playing SOTC, I can say that I am very hyped for that game. Prototype looks as terrible as ever imo, and I didn't really catch anything else. There was a BF:BC 2 demo? Can't believe I missed that! I also didn't know about LFD2, and I've always wanted to play the first one. Also, when I went onto GameTrailers to watch that Lionhead video, I saw a trailer for your Darksiders game, wrenchy :)
big smile
And it should be coming out this month :D

And regarding Prototype, you sure you haven't been infected with the ol' inFamous Vs Prototype fanboyism? :P
Good to hear! And no, even though I love inFamous, it's just because Prototype has generally been considered very similar to inFamous, so I just treat it as a mediocre clone like it is.

Also, I forgot about God of War 3... it looked TERRIBLE! Absolutely nothing about it impressed me! It was just like Halo 3: ODST, nothing new!

One more thing, I just saw the BF:BC video, that was sweet :)
I just watched the God of War 3 demo....and I agree with you it doesn't look all it's been hyped up to be. But what made it even more painful to watch was the horribly self-important rep.
I just watched the Uncharted demo gracias to rookyboy... AWESOME! Is there going to be a Gears 3 anytime in the future?
I haven't heard any news of a third one, but a film of Gears is being considered.
BTW, kinfewrench, I just heard... your game Darksiders isn't coming out until January 2010. :(
angry
What? Damn you Wikipedia!
tongue
Is there a difference between UK Wikipedia and US Wikipedia? Because that's actually where I found that out.
I don't think so, the last time I checked the Darksiders page was quite a while ago.
crying
Well then I don't know how to explain it. Wikipedia said it, it ain't coming out unttil January next year.
wink
At least, that's what THEY say...
wink
I smell a conspiracy....
I smell... GRILLED CHICKEN! YUM!
hampir setahun yang lalu God1 said…
monkey
I can't wait for Tekken 6 and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. The Nintendo Press Conference didn't really do good to me though.