Critical Analysis of Twilight Good points about twilight

Myf_1992 posted on Aug 15, 2009 at 04:31PM
A friend of mine, and a well read friend i should point out, has finished the twilight saga and said she thoroughly enjoyed it and has told me to read them. I as an avid ricean, am sceptical, and probably due to spending a fast amount of time onthis spot, i will probably be overly critical of it when i read the books.

I would like to start if not thinking positivly about twilight, atleast neutral, which at the moment i'm not.

So, start selling twilight to me =D

Critical Analysis of Twilight 16 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu Faith-Rulz said…
smile
I really like the new or well old twist of the werewolf lore in Twilight =)

History, in regards to werewolves, to be shape shifters or being cursed as one by being bitten or a curse. Depending on what mythology you read of the werewolf myth.

I like how they are using werewolves as a contract to the vampires to measure the vampire population growth, when more vampires are made in the area (La Push) more werewolves are created among the Quilete Tribe (Native American).

Here check out this site, it has alot of interesting myths and legends of the infamous werewolf, some say that when a werewolf dies it might be ressurected as a vampire. The site is below:
link

hampir setahun yang lalu Myf_1992 said…
Thank you
hampir setahun yang lalu Repo-girl said…
Well, it is a love story. And a vampire story. I know you like vampires. And there are a lot of interesting points of view of the vampire and werewolf myths as Faith-Rulz said. It is funny too. And it has a lot of action. I don't know what else to say so, I'll just wrap it up.
hampir setahun yang lalu bendaimmortal said…
Sad but true I don't think anything anyone could ever say in efforts to sell Twilight to me, could make me read the serie further than I have. Hence, everything I say in the article I just wrote here today "Is the Twilight serie "just books"?"

My reasons to hate it are too numerous and come from too emotional and moral dpeths for a mild interest to over-come them.

I honestly always try to look into and do care about the good things and points in people and things but in the Twilight case there is way too much, too significant and strong negative points. Making me genuinely feel there is absolutely no point in trying to get to know the good ones more indepth than I do.
Fair enough, and i have read most of what u've writen, and i know your points are valid , research and strong.
smile
I have decided I can't be botered to read the twilight books. I don't care if my points and arguments against the books are invalid coz I haven't read the books, I just can't see a good enough reason for me to read them, and I just don't think I'll enjoy them that much, or as much as I enjoy other books.

I'll just watch the films instead XD haha

I dunno maybe one day I'll read them, but at the moment I have a list of other, more deserving books that I want to read like Dracula, Carpe Jugulum, The Book Theif, The Life of Pi. =D
hampir setahun yang lalu bendaimmortal said…
I know my analysis and opininons would become much more indepth and valid if I read the first book to the end, (I have read only the first half of it and studied websites and talked to fans and antis), but I can't bring myself to read something that long that doesn't entertain me in any way. Besides, there's already countless antis reasoning and ranting very indepthly and validly on Twilight. They don't need me in that. I'd rather stick with the ricean world when it comes to my passion for it's depths and all.
big smile
If I could I would never leave the ricean world. And so far all my passion as go into it. Thats one of the reasons why I don't want to read Twilight, and why I'm scared of reading other books, because I know nothing can hold up to it in my mind. Nothing can beat Rice in my opinion.
hampir setahun yang lalu katiecain said…
Lol to be fair I wouldn't watch the movies at all. I like the books but I found the movie pretty boring and it was a lot different to the book.
hampir setahun yang lalu snoznoodle said…
I think if you're looking for light entertainment and you're willing to ignore everything that's wrong with it you can enjoy it. I used to like it because I knew there were things which were wrong with it that I just ignored. But I think when you spend a lot of time on sites like this spot you won't be able to get away from the problems and forgive it.
When I joined this spot I was still a fan... not anymore. It's a bit sad really cos I used to love it.
In conclusion, if you're unaware of the problems or if you choose point blank to ignore them you'll enjoy it.
I'll try to blank that part out of my mind, but over exposure to the CAT spot has made me overly aware of the flaws, so I dunno if I can ignore that side, but I think I'll try anyway. I may just laugh all the way through the book.

I'm wondering if back at christmas, when all my friend were reading Twilight, had I been reading Twilight too if I would be a different person... Luckily I had found the Vampire Chronicles and was reading them instead. Real vampires and character developement - you gorra love them.
Yeah I don't think there's any going back once you realise how bad it is. I used to love Edward... now I have no clue why!

But yeah I know what you mean! I tried re-reading Twilight when I was starting to see how bad it was and just got really bored... so I switched to Vampire Academy which, really, is also a trashy teen novel but even that got me thinking "Finally! A plot!". It's even low on the trashy teen novels scale to me.
hampir setahun yang lalu Plenilunio said…
wink
It is not exactly a Twilight thing, but it is related. Reading the books and being part of a Twilight comm at LJ when I liked the books and before things got completely out of hand, I learned about SMeyer's "Twilight playlists". She made some lists of songs that had inspired her or went with some characters and situations. Some of the songs are quite cool and thanks to her I discovered the band Muse.

Also, another thing all of us owe her: this spot exists because of her! Isn't that great?
Plenilunio - I LOVE that playlist! She actually has one song you're supposed to play for each chapter you read in the book (well she does for the Host at least) and although I already knew Muse were incredibly awesome, she gained a little bit of my respect for such good taste in music. Although knowing she was inspired by them is a little disheartening - surely these songs can create better writing than what she came up with.
Listening and watching Muse videos, I'd have thought a story inspired by them would be a little more strange and random that Twilight.
A friend of mine was over my house the other day, and unwisely left his copy of New Moon unguarded in my room while he got a cup of tea. I thought, the films out soon, why not read some New Moon.

It started off OK, it could have been a better opening, but it was OK. Bella started talking about a dream, a dream with her dead grandma in it. And it was obvious they had some kind of bond, and I was curious. Why was her grandma in her dream? How close were they? What's her nan like? Baring in mind we're less than a page in. Then, someone in her dream calls her name, both her and her nan look to see who it is. Bella says she would know that voice anywhere, strong and comforting or something, and I thought, "oh is it her dad or grandad maybe?". No. Of course not. It was Edward. Less than a page in Edward appears in all his shiny glory. *facepalm*

I put the book down. Although now its strangly supred me on to read more, but I dont have a copy of New Moon. I will find the rest of the flaws!