Damon & Bonnie This is how I have always pictured what Book Bonnie looks like.

ApplePie88 posted on Mar 04, 2011 at 09:48PM
To me, every time that I have read the TVD novels and they describe Bonnie's physical appearance, this is how I have always imagined what she looks like. Bonnie, to me, has a very "avant garde" and unconventional beauty. When Bonnie's appearance is compared to that of her best friend, Elena, then her beauty is viewed as off-beat. Bonnie's beauty in my opinion has always been "classic". Elena's beauty has always been superficial, IMO. Elena is the "drop-dead gorgeous" girl with all the right proportions, with golden long hair and eyes that are an interesting blue, etc. Believe it or not, there's an "off-beatness" and yes, even awkwardness about Bonnie's beauty. She is basically small-chested, very petite in height and she doesn't have an overly developed body the way Elena does. Damon has even described her body and physique as diminutive and underdeveloped, basically referring to her as a "woman-child" (which in my opinion is the cutest description by Damon, ever ♥). Bonnie, I don't think has ever really felt that she was the beautiful girl but just the "cute" girl who's pretty and dainty. In my opinion, if I had to choose which kind of beauty is most relatable to me between Elena and Bonnie, I would most definitely say Bonnie. Bonnie's physical appearance is not made out to be "perfect" the way Elena's appearance is made out to be. Also, this leads me to strongly believe that Damon is only in love with her (Elena) because of outside characteristics; for shallow purposes such as her appearance (and also because of her strong, compelling aura as a supernatural human and also her supernatural special blood). Nonetheless, regardless of how beautiful Elena is (superficially, I shall add), Damon is still strongly and deeply attracted to Bonnie. Yes, Damon is also sexually attracted to Bonnie. The fact that Bonnie is so underdeveloped in physical appearance only makes Damon more attracted to Bonnie I think. Like I said, Damon is deeply fascinated by and strongly and sexually attracted to Bonnie's innocent and maidenly persona. She has this innocence but to Damon, her innocence is her sexuality; Bonnie's innocence and maidenly-ness is sexy to Damon. Bonnie is not the "drop-dead" gorgeous girl but according to the descriptions in the novels, she is strikingly pretty in the classic unconventional way. Bonnie's beauty is basically the opposite of Elena's beauty (as well as her inner personality and her inner beauty as well but that's a diff. story). Elena has perfect long, straight, golden blonde hair like that of an angel; Bonnie has curly, strawberry red hair which is rather frizzy and frazzled at times. Elena's eye colour is an "intriguing" blue colour (described to be like Lapis Lazuli); Bonnie's eyes are a simple and subtle brown with a lighter hazel rim around the outer edge of her inner eye colour. Elena is of the ideal height for a teenage girl; Bonnie is petite and short in stature and in height. Both Elena and Bonnie have very fair, translucent skin but Bonnie's blue veins and fjords are significantly more visible then Elena's (Damon has taken significant notice of this). What I am basically saying is that, Bonnie is the complete opposite of Elena in terms of outer beauty. Whereas, I have always felt that Elena's beauty is "superficial", I have always felt that Bonnie's beauty is natural, organic and classic. I think that Damon is highly attracted to this, because believe it or not, Damon is actually possesses the same kind of beauty that Elena has; that drop-dead gorgeous, stunning guy that all the girls go bezerko over, while Damon's brother, Stefan (like Bonnie), is more of the "classically handsome" looker (with jet black wavy hair and piercing green eyes).

P.S. Also, I would like to add that on the TVD show, I think that Ian is attracted to Katerina (and it shows on-screen, hence why he has so much chemistry with her) because I believe that Ian has a strong attraction and a thing for exotic girls. I remember when Ian was on Smallville, he couldn't stop mentioning how drop-dead gorgeous and "intimidatingly" beautiful and exotic Kristen Kreuk was. (Kristen Kreuk and Katerina Graham are both mixed with Kristen being half Chinese/half Dutch and Katerina being half Polish-Russian/half Liberian). He also said that Kristen (like Katerina) is not the typical-looking girl you find in Hollywood, L.A. (meaning she is exotic and not the stereotypical looking plastic chick with big boobs, and bleached blonde hair). This only makes me think that Ian strongly attracted to exotic girls. He talks very highly of them.

Here is what I have always pictured Book Bonnie to look like:

To me, every time that I have read the TVD novels and they describe Bonnie's physical appearance, thi
last edited on Mar 04, 2011 at 10:10PM

Damon & Bonnie 54 balas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

hampir setahun yang lalu Maximumridefan said…
smile
I agree. But in terms of the picture...it is CLOSE to how I picture Bonnie. The color of the hair, and her eyes and face are right, but I pictured her hair a little shorter then that. :)
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu Lannieluv7 said…
Yeah i like her for Bonnie but Karen Gillan IS Bonnie to me :)

Yeah i like her for Bonnie but Karen Gillan IS Bonnie to me :)
hampir setahun yang lalu ApplePie88 said…
@ LannieLuv7: OMG, yes! She is also who I pictured Bonnie to look like. :D

@ LannieLuv7: OMG, yes! She is also who I pictured Bonnie to look like. :D
Karen Gillan as Bonnie McCullough photo #2:

Karen Gillan as Bonnie McCullough foto #2:
Photo #3:

foto #3:
Photo #4:

foto #4:
Photo #5:

foto #5:
Photo #6 (Sorry, I'm on a Karen Gillan roll, guys!):

foto #6 (Sorry, I'm on a Karen Gillan roll, guys!):
Photo #7:

foto #7:
But seriously, for me, I am torn between Lily Collins and Karen Gillan on who's the better Bonnie.

Lily Collins as Bonnie:

TOUGH CALL. The only problem with Karen Gillan is that her hair colour is not red enough. Bonnie's hair is described to be red like a strawberry, whereas, Karen Gillan is a redhead but her hair colour is more orangey-red.
 But seriously, for me, I am torn between Lily Collins and Karen Gillan on who's the better Bonnie.
Yeah there both gorgeous and great. I see Karen with Bonnie's personality though because her character Amy is similar to Bonnie.
hampir setahun yang lalu asi4ka said…
angelic
А как би ви се сторило Brenda Song само , че с боядисана в червено коса . Не знам това е по мое мнение
hampir setahun yang lalu skysamuelle said…
i used to picture bookbonnie as Rachel Mc Adams... but then, I doubt she could be overlooked in favor of elena or anyone else if she looked like that.

i like kare gillian for the role a lot anyway.
hampir setahun yang lalu hinata26 said…
Do you think bonnie Wright can be a good bonnie?
 Do anda think bonnie Wright can be a good bonnie?
hampir setahun yang lalu Damon-Bamon12 said…
smile
^ Hehehehe I guess. ;D
hampir setahun yang lalu Maximumridefan said…
Oh I love photo seven! She would be perfect if only her hair was a little shorter. She has the perfect warm brown eyes and innocent look about like Bonnie :)
hampir setahun yang lalu silvina19 said…
heart
"Whereas, I have always felt that Elena's beauty is "superficial", I have always felt that Bonnie's beauty is natural, organic and classic. I think that Damon is highly attracted to this, because believe it or not, Damon is actually possesses the same kind of beauty that Elena has; that drop-dead gorgeous, stunning guy that all the girls go bezerko over, while Damon's brother, Stefan (like Bonnie), is more of the "classically handsome" looker (with jet black wavy hair and piercing green eyes). "

ITA with you! it's a form of balance, I think...

i thought in lily collins too!!! i had that foto like icon last year...
but i also thought in emma stone and molly quinn (with contact lenses, maybe), and alicia witt (well when was younger her face was perfect but she is too tall)... all them have something that remind me to Bonnie's description... perhaps some day im going to make a draw of how i see her... im very lazy lately...
karen gillan is a good option too but lily is my first choice...
 "Whereas, I have always felt that Elena's beauty is "superficial", I have always felt that Bonnie's
hampir setahun yang lalu chazzaf said…
I think all of your choices are great but my Bonnie is a girl that I saw a picture of and she reminds my a lot of book Bonnie I think it is her eyes.
 I think all of your choices are great but my Bonnie is a girl that I saw a picture of and she reminds
hampir setahun yang lalu Vampgirl12 said…
I just can't think of Bonnie any other way than in the show, probably got something to do with that i saw it before i read the books :D.
 I just can't think of Bonnie any other way than in the show, probably got something to do with that i
hampir setahun yang lalu Megan206 said…
smile
Tame down the hair (Strawberry blonde and more wavy curls instead of well that.) and make her a little less gothic and more teenager looking and it's what I always imagined.

Photo #7 of Karen Gillan hits it right on the nail for me
hampir setahun yang lalu bubbles1290 said…
When I picture Bonnie, I honestly picture a girl who's prettier than Elena. Elena is the very stereotypical pretty girl; tan skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. The girl with the curvy figure, and the nice hight. It's such a plastic look. Bonnie's look is real. Anyone can look like Elena; hense the term "plastic". True beauty is the unique beauty that Bonnie posesses. If given the choice, I would take Bonnie's beauty over Elena's beauty anyday.

Here's how I picture Bonnie McCullough:
 When I picture Bonnie, I honestly picture a girl who's prettier than Elena. Elena is the very stereo
A second picture:
 A saat picture:
Bubbles: Victoria, I completely and 200% agree with you. Bonnie is beautiful and obviously, Damon does see that. Not only does Damon see her natural outer beauty, he also sees her inner beauty and that is what Damon loves so much.
It bugs me to see people say Elena is prettier than Bonnie. No, she isn't. Elena is stereotypical and predictable. Whenever an author wants a pretty girl, they always seem to choose a blonde. But honestly, I don't find those girls pretty at all. I find them FAKE. Bonnie is real. Meredith is real. I repeat, Elena is FAKE.
hampir setahun yang lalu erinr377 said…
This girl because of the really red hair and big eyes, only if her eyes were brown. :)
 This girl because of the really red hair and big eyes, only if her eyes were brown. :)
hampir setahun yang lalu AngelusB said…
Photoshop could fix that right up. ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu ItalianAngel89 said…
That Karen Gillan IS book Bonnie in my mind. Thats exactly how I picture her. I saw a fan made crossover video with her character on Doctor Who and Damon and...wow I just loved it. I was like "Damon & Amy???" pfft, this is Damon and Bonnie!!" It was a cute video and so Book!Bamon. <3

Emma Stone would be my other choice:

That Karen Gillan IS book Bonnie in my mind. Thats exactly how I picture her. I saw a peminat made crosso
tongue
@erinr377, wow who is she? can you give me the link, please??

the other day i se a read haired girl, her color it was perfect just how i think bonnie's is (so reddish, but natural)and it was curly too.. she had the most beautiful hazel(*) eyes ever i saw ever!! so innocent as seductive with large eyelashes...
(*)thinking bonnie's are chocolate though..

she was petite but older than bonnie -of course- because i was heading out of a class in my college and i keep staring at her so shocked because here is very alike see girls of the characteristic of bonnie, is more common see meredith's, damon's even elena's and stefan's type of beauty. by the way i see a guy exactly like sage too he was so beautiful!! haha im going crazy mates i know!!! hopefully she didn’t notice my stupid behavior...

To canalize my desire of SEE (and not only imagine) how bonnie looks like i made a little change to a molly's photo (molly quinn) the best i could because im not very into photoshop or corel so here is another of my idea of book bonnie..

@erinr377, wow who is she? can anda give me the link, please?? the other hari i se a read haired Gir
Yep she's cute !!
hampir setahun yang lalu veronicaaa said…
heart
silvina1

esa chica es precioso y perfecta para bonnie solo que con el cabello mas rojo
hmmm
si tenes razon, veronica, pero no se como hacer eso y ya no tenia tiepo para ponerme a probar... asique la deje asi
hampir setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
big smile
My first choice will always be Karen Gillan. Idk, no other actress seems so huggable yet strong and innocent at the same time like Bonnie
hampir setahun yang lalu Minaftw said…
I think Ariana Grande is a good choice for Bonnie, she has the big brown doe eyes, and the heart shaped face, place she's fun sized like Bonnie is. She also plays a character with a bubbly personality, to me she's the perfect Bonnie.
 I think Ariana Grande is a good choice for Bonnie, she has the big brown doe eyes, and the hati, tengah-tengah shap
hampir setahun yang lalu DamonsLilBird said…
Tis is meh pick mates lol I hope she does becuz I really love this actress.
 Tis is meh pick mates LOL I hope she does becuz I really Cinta this actress.
How bout emily browning even though she couldve played bella and Resenemee but I want her for meh story lol.
 How bout emily browning even though she couldve played bella and Resenemee but I want her for meh sto
hampir setahun yang lalu LoVeLuStAnDLiEs said…
big smile
This is my perfect Bonnie,The pale skin and raven curls though this is Jessica a charcter from true blood thats why she is pale haha :D
 This is my perfect Bonnie,The pale skin and raven curls though this is Jessica a charcter from true b
Karen Gillan IS Book Bonnie. Nobody else will compare. Lily Collins is a close second, but IMO, Karen Gillan embodies everything that is Book Bonnie.
 Karen Gillan IS Book Bonnie. Nobody else will compare. Lily Collins is a close second, but IMO, Karen
I must be honest, all the choices are lovely but I really can see Karen Gillan as Bonnie. Ariana Grande would be my second choice, I love her hair color.
Well I just really love Emily B alot though we do have sum bloody great choices. lol
hampir setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
big smile
In case anyone is wondering about the video ItalianAngel was talking about its:

link

You won't imagine anyone else as your Bonnie after this
hampir setahun yang lalu Brylannie said…
While you've all picked good choices, I take it you're all as satisfied as I am with Katerina Graham as Bonnie, I hope? I'm not feeling the Kat love ppl! Kiddin, lol. But I am glad Kat is Bonnie because now that she is I can't imagine anyone else.
I love that video. Thats my bamon.
No, no. That ain't the case. It's Book!Bonnie that we are all talking about. I love Katerina Graham. I couldn't imagine someone else playing TV!Bonnie but when you read the books, you can't quite picture her, considering the bright red hair, translucent skin ... etc etc.
smile
i already saw this video and is great!
but i didn't see dr. who or anything where is karen gillan so i cant say i see her as bonnie but she has the physical appearance..

ps: funny and silly thing i just notice: katerina graham + karen gillan = KG
XD
hampir setahun yang lalu ItalianAngel89 said…
I was watching some Damon/Blair vids and I was thinking Leighton Meester would have made a great Bonnie too. What do you guys think?
 I was watching some Damon/Blair vids and I was thinking Leighton Meester would have made a great Bonn
hampir setahun yang lalu Minaftw said…
Well if you dyed her hair read, sure
Nan nan
smile
@ItalianAngel89 when i see her it cross my mind Rachel Bilson could work too..
i been practicing with Corel to make a bonnie like i would like... maybe did you saw it here and im truly sorry i totaly forgot about the rules of strictly bamon!!! so sorry!!!

now im change a little what i did and now i have another version.. i still don't love it but it is an improvement from the previous one... please tell me what you think..
 i been practicing with Corel to make a bonnie like i would like... maybe did anda saw it here and im t
big smile
and i almost forgot, this was done by the fantastic genius Melanie Delon and i think i can't imagine another Bonnie McCullough... i tried to change the color of the eyes but i still cant do it well so here it is as its autor did it
 and i almost forgot, this was done sejak the fantastic genius Melanie Delon and i think i can't imagine