Harry Potter vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs. Twilight 54807 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2001-2050 of 54807

hampir setahun yang lalu tournesol said…
mischievous
hahahaaaa.... i agree with boolander25!! but i really think Goyle is smarter than she!!
and well hannahtwilight : I'm a GIRL, and i got no idea of what are you trying to tell me!!
hampir setahun yang lalu Bkaka said…
55.Harry Potter has real characters with real depth and they don't jump to conclusions, plan to kill anyone who steps in their way, don't friken stalk their family, dont think they know everything and the list could go on with all the numerous faults that twilight has.
hampir setahun yang lalu ravynflyte said…
hmmm
... Twilight. Required readin- Oh wait, those words will never go together UNTIL SCHOOLS START SUPPORTING BESTIALITY, NECROPHILIA, AND PEDOPHILIA. -__-

Oh yes. Miss HannahTwilight, would you please do us a favor and GET THE FAWK OFF THE INTERNET. I don't flame unless people are being seriously messed up. If you love Twilight so much, go to MyLifeIsTwilight and tell all those crazy fangirls how much you love your sparkly pink Edward dildo. That's just disgusting. Don't you know that kids come on this website??
If you Twilight fans are as smart as you say, then ACT LIKE IT. From what I've seen (Buying a Edward dildo for 75$... just not right. -__-), you aren't "smart." You talk, think, act, and spam like a stereotypical, obsessive, goddamnannoying Twitard fangirl.

Also, don't advertise "We all get alongz" when you just told someone to go "TO HELLZ@" and "DEATH TO HAIRY POTTER". 'Cuz, sorry to break it to you, you're mentally insane and pose a danger to civilized humans. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR DISGUSTING SEX TOY DAMMIT.

-__- If you hate Harry Potter, then please get the fawk off of this forum. ALTHOUGH, I do congratulate you on being the only Twihard in history to post more than once on this forum, and come back for more. Congrats. :)

Here's a little help from a stranger: Splash some ice-water in your face. Slap yourself a few times. Go out for a walk. Come back and look at this forum and read all of the reasons. Every single one. If you can do all this, truly and honestly, and still think that Harry Potter is crap and Twilight is god, then I have some sad news for you...

Goodbye, and I hope to God or whatever you believe in (Worshipping Edward's reproductive organs doesn't count...) that you see some sense sooner or later.

PS. Thanks for the Shrek pictures. I know that they're the closest you could find to Edward, but I don't think its too nice to insult Shrek that way. :P
hampir setahun yang lalu LoveforSeverus said…
HAIZ STOPZ PIKIN ON MIEZ FREONDZ, ABBY! WE TWILIGHTZ FANZ R SMUTTER DEN UZ FINK!!!11! WE R SMARTZ, SO FUX OF ND DIEZ!!!
DEATHZ TO HAIRY POOPER!1!!!@@!!33 <- hey real FUCKING convincing with that spelling there.
.... we're on reason 2434
hampir setahun yang lalu lermanlover said…
@ HAIZ STOPZ PIKIN ON MIEZ FREONDZ, ABBY! WE TWILIGHTZ FANZ R SMUTTER DEN UZ FINK!!!11! WE R SMARTZ, SO FUX OF ND DIEZ!!!
DEATHZ TO HAIRY POOPER!1!!!@@!!33

^Not if you spell like that! Really, just like Goyle *sigh*
hampir setahun yang lalu lermanlover said…
smirk
By the way, how does being a twilight fan mean anything about being smart?
laugh
^Hey I work with Goyle's dad! He might be stupid but he's smarter than THAT
hampir setahun yang lalu Bkaka said…
this is just an extra thing i reckon was a good point.
JKR is as great as her characters, she has a challenge and she goes on with life for example someone hacked into her pc and saw the whole book of Harry Potter 7, but did she stop writing it? No.
Someone spreaded around a little it of midnight sun and KABAM STOP WRITING BECAUSE SOMEONE SAW THE BLURB FOR FUCKS SAKE
hampir setahun yang lalu venvargie said…
meh
hannahtwilight's behavior should be a reason. And I told you guys there was a twilight dildo... x.x
hampir setahun yang lalu mooimafish17 said…
that dildo did make me laugh - then i got sick in my mouth a bit. For a book that supposed to be anti-premarital sex that is shocking. But as the company who makes it knows - sex sells!!
hampir setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
hannahtwilight has spammed the "Plot Hole" forum too!!! No effing no!
laugh
"that dildo did make me laugh - then i got sick in my mouth a bit. For a book that supposed to be anti-premarital sex that is shocking. But as the company who makes it knows - sex sells!!"

Haha, ah well, I doubt the "Twildo" is selling much.
My friend googled it and it said "Stick it in the freezer for added affect."

I lol'd so fucking hard. xD
hampir setahun yang lalu DJ_Squeaky said…
tongue
Edward dildo?! That's just wrong...
Anyways, I know I was here before criticising this forum but I thought of a reason just yesterday
2434 (I think): When Bella was pregnant with Reneseme she thought her eyes would be green because Edward's eyes used to be that colour, yesh? And alhtough she has brown eyes and does Biology she doesn't know that brown is a dominant eye colour.
That's more of a reason as to why Bella's not the brightest crayon in the box but....anyways, I hope this hasn't been said before
@ DJ_Squeaky

She did think that, you're right.
And haha, it is the dominant eye color?
Is it just because Bella was the mom and had brown eyes or because that eye color just is more dominant than most?
I'm a little confused. xD
laugh
Hang on - allow me to clear it all up for you - Meyer is thick :D
hampir setahun yang lalu LunaLizbeth said…
tongue
2435. Jk Rowling's work looks as if she did do research on it. Which she did. SM twisted everything to meet her own ends.
2436. There is no Anti-Potter website, or famous parody of it. (applesparkles.com is antitwilight, nightlight is the parody.)
laugh
"Hang on - allow me to clear it all up for you - Meyer is thick :D"

Ahahaha, thanks!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu souflizzle317 said…
okay i've been really busy so I'm going to do a lot of catching up here:

@venvargie: brown is just the dominant eye color. it doesn't matter if it's the mother or father.

@DJ_Squeaky: i like your post about the eye thing, it was really original haha, but the thing about dominant vs recessive is that if edward had green eyes when he was human, he clearly had two recessive genes (one from each parent) for green. just because bella has brown eyes doesn't mean she has two genes for brown eyes. she might have received a recessive gene for green from her mom (charlie has brown, we know that bella got his eyes, but we don't know renee's eye color) but ended up with brown eyes because her dad's brown eyes were dominant. then when renesmee was conceived, she could have received edward's recessive gene and bella's recessive gene for green. so i know this means i'm proving a reason wrong and i'm going to post at least 3 reasons to make up for it, but it *is* possible for bella and edward's baby to have green eyes.

@hannahtwilight: if you're posting a picture of a dildo, i'm going to assume you're older than my 14 years, and so that should mean you have even better spelling and grammar because you've had more teaching in that area. however, i didn't understand about 90% of what you posted and my 5 year old sister has had better grammar than you do since she was 3. oh, and i'm Jewish so even if you meant 'jew' to be 'you', that was incredibly offensive and racist.

2437. (based on hannahtwilight) Harry Potter fans know that HP won't be required reading, at least not for a very long time until it can truly be considered a classic like the novels written over 100 years ago. Twilight fans seem to think that Twilight will be required reading in about 3 years. I don't think so, but if it does, and I have to read it in high school, I'll be changing schools and I'm pretty sure half the people in my class will too.

2438. JKR either used mythology accurately or she enhanced it to make her own, original, equally frightening or calm creatures. Smeyer took mythology and completely butchered it, making her "original" creatures very human-like (boring) and wimpy.

2439. JKR incorporated people from different cultures into her books (French, Northern European, black - not a culture, but different than white British - Bulgarian, Irish etc). Smeyer may have made her "vampires" come from different areas, but they didn't act like they came from anywhere but Washington. She also made all the characters white, and American, and probably all the same religion. The only time she came close to talking about different cultures were when all the witnesses came in Breaking Dawn, and they were from different parts of the world, and that was for about three chapters, and none of them had any emphasis made on them other than Kate (Alaska? not quite), Zafrina (Amazon, better) and Siobhan (Irish, not extremely different compared to the US).
smile
"@venvargie: brown is just the dominant eye color. it doesn't matter if it's the mother or father."

Haha, that's interesting.
My dad has brown eyes (so did his parents)
But my mom has blue eyes (idk her mom's eye color (they weren't brown though, I know that much) but her father had like all of them mixed in with blue being what the main eye color was (if that made sense))

If brown is the dominant eye color, how did I get blue eyes? 0_o
Haha, whatever, my eyes are beautiful so idc.
I also have brown hair so that's a bonus.
Since brown hair and blue eyes is a rare combo these days.

Yeah cuz I always thought Lauraunt was white until I saw him n the movie.
"Yeah cuz I always thought Lauraunt was white until I saw him n the movie."

He's not black in the books is he?
Ok. Genetics lesson!!!! Alright. Brown is dominant overall. Blue is dominant to green. And you can end up with blue eyes because if one of your ancestors had blue eyes they could've passed down the trait and he passed it to you and since your mom did too thats how you ended up with blue eyes. Thats how I ended up with blue eyes.

But I doubt Renessme could've ended up with green eyes because I don't think Bella's mom had green eyes.
big smile
Oh, thanks for the lesson, LoveforSeverus!
I should look that up, it sounds kinda interesting.
I swear, the weirdest things interest me...
xD
i have green eyes. good to no im rare :) :)

Sorry that was kinda random

i love how this has gone from HP vs T to a biology lesson :D
how did bella knows edward used to have green eyes?
"how did bella knows edward used to have green eyes?"

He told her.
ok thanks =)
hampir setahun yang lalu hogwarts62442 said…
Wait then how do I have green eyes? Because my dad has brown eyes and my mom has green eyes... I thought brown was the dominant color.
hampir setahun yang lalu DJ_Squeaky said…
laugh
@ soulfizzle317: Oh well, at least I tried ^_^
meh
This website will answer all your eye questions. link
what number are we even on anyway?
i think we are on 2439
^you should Genetics is amazing. I love it. You know, I ended up with blonde hair and blue eyes and there was only a 25% chance of that happening. My dad has brown eyes and brown hair. Mom has blue eyes and light brown hair. Freaky. It's really awesome.
hampir setahun yang lalu emlincr said…
Okay, this is how genetics works. Even if your parents don't have a certain hair color or eye color, doesn't mean that you won't cause if a gene is recessive, your parents, grandparents, or great-grandparents could've been carrying those genes for generations before it finally shows up in you.

2439. For Harry Potter movie premieres, the fans will dress up in elaborate costumes for it. (I once saw a guy who shaved his head, wore red contacts, and used this clay stuff on his nose and coated himself in white powder to look like Voldemorte) Twilight fans on the other hand snap on a pair of fangs, splashed on glitter and called themselves a vampire. Wooowwwww.

2440. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of the world's population knows what Harry Potter is, but if you go out and talk to someone who doesn't have teenage kids or who's not friends with someone who has teenage kids, they'll probably not even know what you're talking about if you talk to them about Twilight

2441. I remembered that when I watched the Goblet of Fire, I thought Cedric was so hot! Then I watched Twilight and any positive opinions I had of RP went out the window.

2442. Daniel Radcliffe is on the list of World's Richest Young People, and in my opinion all the actors of Harry Potter dress really classily for the movie premieres, press conferences, etc. But you've got Kristen Stewart over there with a mullet and a sweater and skirt that looks like it came from the 99 cent store and Robert Pattinson has hair that looks like it hasn't been washed for a month (cause it hasn't) and a beard...hmmmmm.
@ DJ_Squeaky: yeah, it was a good try :) I literally *just* spent a whole trimester on genetics in science class though so I know basically every detail (at least for another couple of weeks until I forget it all haha)

@ emlincr: about 2440, I'm assuming you mean they won't know what you're talking about if you talk about Twilight, not Harry Potter, right?"

2443. Pretend that the Twilight forum (1000 reasons why it's better) isn't totally controlled by HP fans, and think about what it would be like if Twihards were commenting all the time. It would be a conversation about how hot the actors are, or a fight over who gets Edward. On the other hand, over here on this forum, when we get off topic, it's about intelligent things such as genetics (the subject we were just talking about). Somehow, this makes me skeptical about the "WE TWILIGHTZ FANZ R SMUTTER DEN UZ FINK!!!11! WE R SMARTZ, SO FUX OF ND DIEZ!!!" comment...
emlincr got it perfect. That's what I was trying to say but didn't... Darn. :D

^And even when we DO talk about how hot the actors are we quickly come back to the reasons or someone leaves a comment that makes someone else think of an EPIC reason.
laugh
^ and our actors look alive, happy to be in the movie, AND hot
cool
^They ARE happy to be in the movie. THEY don't play sparkly, douche vampires.
^ And they're sad that it's ending because it's been part of them for literally half of their entire lives (I'm talking about the teen characters, like Dan, Emma, and Rupert, not the professors and parents etc)
I know. eveyone was tweeting about it.
hampir setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
2444: Harry Potter doesn't make you want to barf. :P
yes!! and they are proud to be part of something so great... they don't make it just for the money!!
2445.- Emma Watson is knowed by her good taste in clothe. she is the face of Burburry, she is invited to a lot of fashion events, and there's a lot of good designers that would like to dress her. But in the other hand, Kristen Stewart...
2446: If you think about it, Harry's world *could* exist. In the books, JKR goes to great lengths to describe all the ways that the Ministry keeps Muggles (such as us, sadly) from knowing about their world. Therefore, they could literally exist and we wouldn't know. (Unfortunately, they probably don't, but it's still possible) In Twilight, SMeyer tries to make reasons why we don't know about vampires, but it's not realistic. People would notice if a family like the Cullens were so mysterious and moved away after only a few years. They would have records if they're enrolled in high school and taking on a job such as a doctor, and the government would notice that the same people were enrolling in high school for decades in a row. People would notice all the murders that were caused by literally all the blood being taken from the body (and even people who bleed to death wouldn't lose all their blood the way someone bitten by a vampire would). People would also notice all the random, beautiful, unfriendly nomads (most vampires in Twilight are nomads, not like the Cullens) and people at school would notice that every sunny day and every day they did blood typing in science class, the entire Cullen family would be absent. The world that Smeyer created is just an impossible one, and the way she tried to make it seem like it could potentially exist is just sickening.
hampir setahun yang lalu AlyssCurse said…
2444: Twilight is an awful influence to teenagers. It teaches the readers that if the person you are dating breaks up with you, you should spiral into a deep depression and consider suicide.

Here's another great lesson from Twilight: Bella's father awkwardly lectures her that she shouldn't have any sexual relations with Edward, her cold and hard as granite sex god boyfriend. Bella agrees. Then a few chapters later, she attempts to rip off the buttons of his shirt. Oh, Stephenie Meyer. I get it now. We're all supposed to lie to our parents when they attempt to teach us decency. It all makes sense now. Who cares what the old folks say, right? We just want to bang our hard as granite boyfriends. No pun intended for 'hard' (;

Harry Potter has wisdom throughout each book. It has lessons that you'll come across in your own life. It doesn't teach children to skip class, ignore their parents wishes, bang someone who claims they love you.

2445: I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'll state it. Stephenie Meyer uses no science or realistic evidence to explain her story.

"If Edward is a vampire, how did he get her pregnant?"
"HE JUST DID, OKAY!?!?!?!??!?!!!"

Harry Potter maybe fiction, but in the story, things are dissected and explained realistically.

2446: Twilight fans attack each other on a daily basis.
"TEAMMMMMMMM JACOB!"
"NOOOO, U FAGZ, EDDIEPUSS ALL THE WAAAAAAY!"

Need I say more?
^ those are 2447, 2448, and 2449
hampir setahun yang lalu hogwarts62442 said…
smile
2450. The Tales of Beedle the Bard outsold Breaking Dawn on PRE-ORDER

2451. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sold 11 million copies in a single day. That's the total number of copies Breaking Dawn sold TOTAL.

See what I did there? That was more research than Smeyer had ever done.
hampir setahun yang lalu TheQuibbler said…
worried
Wowwww... seeing hannahtwilight's comments made me fear for the future of our generation.
smile
2452. In Speech and Debate "Twilight vs. HP" became a banned topic because I was so passionate..... and loud... when it came to the topic. And even the people who didn't care still thought Harry Potter was better.

And for the peeps who remember me bitching about spacers, well I got braces last Wednesday. Silver and green for Slytherin :D
^ hahahahahahahahahahaha that probably *was* more research than Smeyer has ever done. I love the fact about Breaking Dawn selling as many copies overall as DH did in one day :)

2453. Twilight has been translated into 38 different languages. Harry Potter has been translated into 67 languages. The first Twilight movie received a rating of 50% (Rotten) from Rotten Tomatoes, while Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone received a rating of 78% (Fresh). Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse sold 8.5 million copies altogether as of 2008. Let's refer back to the fact that both Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows sold 2.5 million copies more than that *separately*, and within 24 hours of their respective releases, as opposed to over the time period of several years.