Merlin di BBC Merlin Vs Camelot? atau two shows side-by-side?

heartmerlin2 posted on Jan 16, 2011 at 05:12PM
I've heard a lot about America's new 'Arthurian' show. To be honest, I'm not thrilled...

One reason is that from what I've heard it is VERY similar to Merlin. For example; all the cast are very young and the purpose of this show was to have a (fresh?!) look at it the legend from when they characters were a lot younger (before they became famous?). Plus the show wants to focus on the characters being just 'people', and not hiding behind their titles, etc...

If you haven't seen it already, here's a youtube vid that sum up what the whole show is about and what America can look forward to in April;
link

Don't get me wrong; I don't want to create a war between me and America. I love America and have some AMAZING friends that live there (;D) But to me it seems like America is making a re-make of Merlin! And I DON'T THINK IT'S RIGHT!

What will happen to Merlin if Camelot is a bigger success in the US? I don't even want to think about it.

Basically I put this up just because I want to know your opinion on the matter. Do you think the Camelot is an American-remake with bigger stars to try and out-do Merlin? Or just a coincidence that two different countries thought of a similar storyline for a show? I'm open to any and all opinions, thoughts and ideas!

Thanks! .x
last edited on Jan 16, 2011 at 05:17PM

Merlin di BBC 16 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu louvreangel said…
I watched the fragman of the first coming episode and it sucked. To be honest, the guy who was chosen as Merlin sucks too. I liked the guy who's gonna play Arthur, and the girl who's gonna play Morgana is nice too but Merlin choice is totally a wrong one.

I dunno. I'll watch the first episode anyway cuz I wonder what's it gonna be like. I only can tell my opinions then cuz I dont like being prejudice. Therefore, I doubt that people will get used to this Tv show cuz Merlin is known and being watched for a long time. So, whatever... I mean, we should watch it first to comment about it. We cant understand the whole storyline just from a simple video.

By the way, Will u guys watch it anyway? I think I will give it a shot.
hampir setahun yang lalu jereimy said…
cool
Well, I think this version will be darkest than Merlin, because they will have sex scenes, battles, characters a little bit more mature than merlin but that doesnt mean it will be a hit.

Merlin is awesome and I love it, but maybe in america Camelot will be more recognized because of the actors and actresses and they will be more dramatic and they will dont have the comedy that Merlin have.

I dont know, I dont like it because it seems a copy of Merlin but like i said a copy where the legends will be more alive ( I think in this version lancelot and guinevere could happen, as merlin and morgana) and more mature I think, but I will see the first chapter and I hope this doesnt affect Merlin
hampir setahun yang lalu nsk said…
"What will happen to Merlin if Camelot is a bigger success in the US? I don't even want to think about it. "
thats actually my fear ! cause camelot seems to be more adult thats mean that there will be more buzz especially when u have eva green as morgana

@louvrangel ill watch it cause merlin seems to be very interesting and the relationship between arthur and merlin will be more amazing IMO (father/son kind of relationship)

@jeremy i dont think that its a copy , arthur is the illigitimate son , merlin is older , guenievre is noble and ready to get married , morgana hates arthur so u wont have to watch her smirk and being annoying like katie

im looking forward to it!
hampir setahun yang lalu RosalynCabenson said…
I think I'll watch. It sounds nice to me. Or just another version of the legends. Nice cast.
The only problem I would' have is as nsk said, that it coulkd affect Merlin
hampir setahun yang lalu diademrocks said…
i watched the first episode and in my opinion, merlin is sooo much better. there are alot of "adult" scenes that i didnt really like and yea, merlin in there seems not right....i dont think it'll be a bigger sucess than merlin..
hampir setahun yang lalu kseide14 said…
merlin has comedy, action, drama , romence and bromance it has everything you feel like you know the caracters.
i wached the pilot it was good but i did compear it with merlin the hole time tubs up for MERLIN!!!!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu louvreangel said…
I watched the first episode too. It was more mature than Merlin, thats for sure. I mean, Merlin has comedy and pure luv much more but in Camelot, so many things are linked with sex. I liked the episode though, but the way Arthur was shown was kinda... I don't know. I just didn't like it. And Merlin's behaviours were sort of irritating. I, to be honest, luv Merlin much more of course. But I'm gonna keep watching Camelot too.
hampir setahun yang lalu Shepard14 said…
It was DEFINITELY more adult and I didn't like it nearly as much. I am already so endeared to Merlin and the adult stuff they put in there wasn't really necessry. I can't stand it when a show just puts stuff like that in there......so I don't think you will have any worry of Camelot becoming the Merlin of America....I love my country to pieces! But they didn't do nearly as good of a job as Merlin in the UK ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu alimazimmer said…
sunny
I'm not planning to watch the STARZ showing of Camelot. I find the BBC Merlin series to be very creative and imaginative. I love watching it. I would be the last person on earth to knock the AMERICAN way. However, I've followed films, musicals, and read mystery, horror and adventure novels throughout my life---The British can't be beat in any of these areas.
hampir setahun yang lalu diademrocks said…
i COMPLETELY agree with shepard14!
hampir setahun yang lalu tessa34567 said…
i think it was okay ( i think legend of the seeker is better) but it's okay
hampir setahun yang lalu AnonymousD said…
(continuation of first comment)
ambition , great strategies and a devotion to the people around her. Hell , Kay would have made a better King . I don't get how Arthur thinks that what he has with Guinevere is something' different'.For all he knows it could be another one of his flings .Nothing in their interactions suggests otherwise. Ok she was in some way attracted to Arthur , but she could have shrugged it off .He constantly followed her ,persisted and when she tried to tell him to go away he basically used her feelings of attraction to him to his advantage and slept with her and then asked her to stop her marriage .I don't think this relationship is positive for Guinevere ,she deserves better ,not some guy who thinks he can push her around because he slept with her.
Love Morgan and Merlin though .I admire how different they made magic in this show ; a dark art that when used with caution can be controlled and when embraced could destroy . Also interesting to see both Merlin ;'s and Morgan's approach to magic. Great acting from John Fiennes and
AnonymousD commented…
I honestly hate the way they portray Arthur in this tunjuk . He barely deserves everything he got .He has no extraordinary fighting skill atau a pinch of strategical ability atau even a great sense of respect and duty to people around him to tunjuk how a great a king he is. Even his basic morals are deeply clouded.Morgan has determination .. hampir setahun yang lalu
AnonymousD commented…
BBC Merlin's better though .Merlin's Arthur had a good heart, respect and duty to people around him , amazing fighting skill and bravery even though he did start off as a bit of a snob. Besides ,he trained his whole life for the position of king .Merlin on BBC Merlin intrigued me too .I liked how he started off as a person who was Lost and sort of reluctant with the whole Arthur thing and became this great ,powerful sorcerer and was constantly at Arthur 's side .And while in S1 his feelings got in the way of letting Mordred die, in S5 he puts Arthur and his destiny first ,above his own wishes . Like his American counterpart to. I feel morgan nailed the role better than Morgana and prefer Arthur /GWEN on BBC M. hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu AnonymousD said…
..and Eva Green .
hampir setahun yang lalu MikeAP001 said…
She made up for evrything wrong with that show.
hampir setahun yang lalu Radkar said…
I personally prefer "Camelot" mostly, as "Merlin" is too "for kids" and too "modern-like". Although I do find "Merlin"'s Arthur much, MUCH better. The question of Guinevere is complicated for me - I'd prefer "Camelot"'s actress to play her, as she looks more in "beautiful-queen-in-feudal-Europe style, but the character herself would be more akin to the "Merlin"'s Gwen - aside from her being a former servant - of course, the base for it all is a legend, but that aspect, again, follows modern values rather than the Medieval ones. I like Leontes, but wouldn't want him and his plot to be in the story as he is non-canonical.
To sum it up, I'd prefer a darker story (as in "Camelot"), but with more noble protagonists (as it seems to be in "Merlin").
"Camelot" still wins for me because of the perfect Morgan, older Merlin and overall style.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu annapeace said…
So far I like Merlin but I'll try to watch Camelot and see 😄