Once Upon A Time Best Song to Describe Contest

zanhar1 posted on Nov 05, 2013 at 04:34AM
Naturally I've found this on another spot and wanted to do it here. I think ya'll probably have it down by now but just in case; the basics of this is to pick a song for the character/event/location/etc posted and I'll make a poll about it, winner gets props.

Rules
- State the name of the song and who it's by (I need both so I know if I have the right song)
- Posting the video is a plus, you don't have to though
- Please post a sentence or two about why you chose the song you did
- And when the poll is up please vote without bias and don't vote for yourself
- You can suggest topics for future rounds (the current list is not complete)

As another note I will add your reasons for choosing the song in the comments in case people haven't heard of the song, I feel like that will help prevent bias and people just choosing based on what title sounds good, if ya'll know what I mean.

Round 1: Emma Swan
1st Place: Zanhar1
2nd Place: Evilregal
3rd Place:SherlockStark & Darkangel6

Round 2: Regina Mills
1st Place: Zanhar1 & BellaLovett
2nd Place: Evilregal
3rd Place: N/A

Round 3: Mary Margret
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Round 4: David Nolan
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Round 5: The Evil Queen
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Round 6: Snow White
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Round 7: Prince Charming
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Round 8: Regina and Henry
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Open: Round 4: David Nolan
Voting: Round 3: Mary Margret
last edited on Nov 17, 2013 at 09:45PM

Once Upon A Time 17 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu zanhar1 said…
So Round 1: Emma Swan

I chose Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne because the song is about a girl who feels lost. A girl who is looking for a home but can't seem to do so. I think the lyrics are super fitting particularly; Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs. Because she's never known her parents or where she was from. That line is more so season 1 Emma, but I feel like she's still sort of looking for her place in life. She wants to go home, but nobody's home. This is also good for season 1 Emma as she talked about being bounced around the foster system and all she wanted was a real home. And when she got to her apartment she was pretty lonely. Her feelings she hides. This is just Emma in general she puts walls up and hides her feelings a lot.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu zylice said…
^ That's the first Avril Lavigne song I ever heard! For Gina, about what she wants to do and her relationship with Henry, I'm going to chose "I Will Be" by....Avril Lavigne. <3 *^_^*
zanhar1 commented…
Mine first Avril song is complicated. But do anda have a song picked out for Emma? I'll let anda do a round for Henry & Gina and let anda use this song. hampir setahun yang lalu
zylice commented…
Thanks hampir setahun yang lalu
zanhar1 commented…
No problem hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu SherlockStark said…
big smile
I'm so glad you posted this game! I love it! :D
I need to think about a song for Emma.... I'll be back ;)
zanhar1 commented…
Post it whenever anda feel :P hampir setahun yang lalu
SherlockStark commented…
Thanks ;) hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu Evilregal14 said…
Emma: Do it like a dude Jessie J :)
zanhar1 commented…
Do anda have a huraian as to why anda picked the song? anda don't have to have one, but I'm planning on posting everyone's reasons in the komen-komen to help people who may not have heard of the song vote fairly, and I want everyone to get a chance. ^_^ hampir setahun yang lalu
Evilregal14 commented…
Oh yeah! I think it Suits her cause she's really badass and this is a badass song XD hampir setahun yang lalu
zanhar1 commented…
Sweet thanks hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu BellaLovett said…
Omg I was just about to make a forum about this game here lol !

Anyway, I would just like to give some suggestions about the rules of this game, since the game has just started. Of course if you wouldn't mind Zanny

First, let's make this game more specific. For example, the round for "best song to describe Regina Mills" .. "Regina Mills" is so general, I mean she's the mayor, she's the redeemed Regina, she's the sassy Gina ... etc. and may be someone would post a perfect song to describe her as a mayor, and another would post a perfect song to describe her as a mother, so it will get confusing and hard to pick just one winner

And second, (And it's totally up to you Zan, it's your game after all) .. just saying, wouldn't it be more fun if the winner chooses the topic of the next round, so we wouldn't have previous expectations of whom (or what) the upcoming round would be about
zanhar1 commented…
I could probably do that. Though I'm gonna have to get to one Gina at a time LOL as I'm pretty sure some people (me not included lol) would'nt want this to turn into 'best song to describe Regina Mills'. I do have one for her as a mother though (the Henry/Gina) round. I'll do some characters like Hook and Pan and then we can have some lebih Gina. I was gonna do pujian as prizes, mostly because I'm too lazy for anything else LOL and I like to give people time to think about the song they'd like to pick for each round. ^_^ Thanks for the suggestions. hampir setahun yang lalu
BellaLovett commented…
LOL yeah they wouldn't want it to "Best song to describe Regina Mills" (Not including me either :3) haha, that's also why I suggested the winner would pick the seterusnya topic. But anda know Regina was just an example hampir setahun yang lalu
BellaLovett commented…
^^ Yes good idea hampir setahun yang lalu
smile
Emma Swan: Army of One by Bon Jovi

I chose this song because Emma has this wall of protection around herself that sometimes shuts others out and makes her feel like an "army of one" a girl who is all alone, BUT she is still standing strong and she's determined to succeed at whatever is thrown her way. Plus the "we're all trying to get back home" part reminded me of their mission in Neverland: find Henry and get home.

The link isn't embedding so here's the link to the song: link
hampir setahun yang lalu Darkangel6 said…
Emma Swan: Remix (I like it) by New kids on the block

when I heard this song for the first time there was a line that went 'She went from Wallpaper to heart breaker' and all I could think of was Emma's transformation after the incident with Neal:
and the song is all about being yourself, being true to who you are and not letting anyone stop you. That describes Emma perfectly because she doesn't let anyone stop her.
I'm going to have the poll up tomorrow guys. Or at least I plan to.
Round 2 Regina Mills:

I picked Imogen Heap's Glittering Cloud because of a few lyrics. I'm not always like this it's something I've become a terrible weakness in my nature, in my blood She wasn't always the evil queen, she became the queen. And the evils she does is a terrible nature. This runs in her blood; the whole heart ripping out and what not is from Cora, her blood relative... her mom. Save me, oh save me save me from myself before I hurt somebody else again I feel like with Henry and Archie she was reaching out for help. She wanted to stop using magic, to stop herself from harming anymore people. Domino motion jump starts when we touch a blackout approaching here it comes now, wish me luck it's all over, it's all over, it's all over in a flash I can't remember what have I done now? The first domino motion was her relationship with Daniel that started it all. The blackout would be the initial casting of the curse. And I feel like magic is a drug to Regina she uses at and most everything is a blur it becomes hard to keep track of what she's done/doing until it's all over. The line take me over glittering clouds I feel like also describes the curse seeing as it was this purple cloud of flashing energy. The artist's impression looks just like me, only better The artist being Regina in crafting each person into their second self and naturally as she designed her other self how she wanted to look so... Don't blame me, don't maim me I can't help what I am I feel like this directly describes how Cora and Rumple as well as Whale and Jeff pretty much manipulated her and made her exactly who she is now thus 'I can't help what I am'. Oh, Lord knows I've tried to Redemption arc, 'nuff said.

Sorry it was so long guys, but I literally analyzed this whole song, it's perfect for her in my opinion.
hampir setahun yang lalu captainswanlove said…
Mary Margret- Someone Like You by Adele. The lyrics from that song "I heard that your setteled down. That you found a girl and your married now." "Regrets and mistakes their memories made" It reminds me of when David didn't have his memories back and was married to Catharine. This song is honestly perfect for her!
zanhar1 commented…
The round we're on is the Regina round, if anda want to post one for her. I'll let anda use this one for the seterusnya round though. ^_^ hampir setahun yang lalu
Regina- Guillotine
I chose this song because it's about a badass queen :P
zanhar1 commented…
Nice choice, I was actually going to pick that one, but then I decided that I like Glittering awan lebih for her. hampir setahun yang lalu
Evilregal14 commented…
Cool :) hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu BellaLovett said…
Pearl by Katy Perry
Because (in my opinion) some of the song's lyrics a very good to describe what Regina's been through, since she was young and good "She used to be a pearl", and then she became a Queen and a strong woman "She was a hurricane" "She used to set the sails of a thousand ships, Was a force to be reckoned with" , But Rumple manipulated her and made her the Evil Queen she was "She could be the Statue of Liberty, She could be Joan of Arc ,But he’s scared of the light that’s inside of her, So he keeps her in the dark"
But she eventually paid the price, after the curse was broken "She used to rule the world, Can’t believe she’s become a shell of herself" "She was unstoppable, Move fast just like an avalanche, But now she’s stuck deep in cement"
"Do you know that there's a way out .." But there's a way out for Regina, which is redeeming herself, she still can have a happy ending

Ok enough said :P
zanhar1 commented…
Good choice. ^_^ hampir setahun yang lalu
BellaLovett commented…
Thanks, so is yours :) hampir setahun yang lalu
I chose Patience And Prudence's You Tattletale, for pretty obvious reasons. But in case you didn't the song is about someone who tells on someone a lot. One of the lines is "I'll tell your mother and your father too." This reminds me of how she told Cora about Dan. As well as how she told her mom about the Cora-Blue giving her evil candles and Emma about finding Neal despite Charming and Hook asking her to keep it a secret.
smile
Mary Margaret: Somebody to Love by Queen

I thought of this song right away for Mary Margaret because, in season 1, Mary Margaret was a hardworking teacher who wanted somebody to fall in love with her more than anything in the world.

link

(I don't know why I can't get the embed feature to work...)
zanhar1 commented…
Don't worry about the embedding, a lot of people seem to be having the same issue this week. hampir setahun yang lalu
Secret by The Pierces

I chose this because it's basically about a girl who can't keep a secret for her friend and then the friend wants her dead because of it. Even in storybrooke the war between Gina and MM is raging on so yeah :)

link
I chose Jonathan Coulton's Code Monkey as it is about your average Joe who is having trouble thinking straight because he is in love, and the woman just doesn't like him back.
The Show by Lenka
I think this suits him because the first few lyrics are "I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a maze and love is a riddle" this is perfect for him since he was confused about life and love in season 1 and didn't know what to do.