Sex Pistols Sex Pistols "Swastika Eyes" Limited Edition Fine Art Print

ARebours posted on Jan 28, 2010 at 01:57PM
link

Measurements: 28.5”h x 20”w (overall print size) on recycled card stock.
Limited edition: (published in 2004) 524 of 750 signed, numbered and titled by the artist, Jamie Reid. (Retails for $660.00/£406)

Iconic Popular culture image 'God Save The Queen' was the second single by the Sex Pistols, released in 1977 it gave a stinging attack on the institution and ideals of Great Britain; though Johnny Rotten stated that the song attacked the 'older order' of Britain, the record was widely perceived as a personal attack on the Queen causing the record to be banned from BBC, whose Radio 1 was dominating the music broadcasting at the time.

In Jamie Reid's words - "I must have done literally hundreds of different images around that official Cecil Beaton portrait. I did two days of sessions with photographer Carol Moss until I came up with the safety-pin through her mouth.

There was no point in beating about the bush; you use the same tactics that you know are going to get thrown back in your face from the likes of the Mirror and the Sun. The safety-pin image wasn't banned at A&M, although the one where she has swastikas over her eyes was."

link

Sex Pistols No balas