Sia "1000 Forms Of Fear" Track senarai With Reviews

geocen posted on Aug 13, 2015 at 06:38PM
For those who haven't listened to the entire album, here is the official track list with the best reviews I could find.
 For those who haven't listened to the entire album, here is the official track senarai with the best rev
last edited on Aug 13, 2015 at 08:33PM

Sia 12 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu geocen said…
1. "Chandelier"
Jesse Shatkin / Sia

"The album’s lead single, “Chandelier”, became Sia’s most successful single to date. The electropop song has reggae influences, as proven with the partly syncopated drum beat throughout. On a first glance, the song appears uplifting and powerful, though the lyrical interpretation for the song could not differ more greatly. It has often been said that the song is a metaphor for substance abuse (“can’t feel anything; when will I learn”) or Sia’s own past experiences, especially as she has admitted to suffering from bipolar disorder. "Chandelier" highlights what I think is great about Sia - not only does she have the capability to reach the high notes in the chorus, but she goes for it effortlessly and carelessly". - link
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
2 . "Big Girls Cry"
Christopher Braide / Sia

"“Big Girls Cry”, is yet another impressive number. The song carries a much more melancholy feel than its predecessor, being far more stripped back and relaxed. Being the album’s second lead single, “Big Girls Cry” tells the tale of an ended relationship (“wash away all the things you’ve taken”) with Sia, the storyteller, assuring someone (presumably herself) that she is a “tough girl”. The song reflects the electropop album well, however. Opening with a piano, it leads to a crescendo to the chorus, along with the increase in use of percussion". - link
3. "Burn the Pages"
Greg Kurstin / Sia

"“Burn the Pages” is a welcome bout of positivity after the first two sad salvos, and it works wonderfully. “Yesterday’s gone and you will be okay! / Paste your past into a book! / Burn the pages let ‘em cook!” she exclaims, rendering smiles all around." - link
4 . "Eye of the Needle"
Christopher Braide / Sia

"“Eye of the Needle”, like “Big Girls Cry”, explains Sia’s admiration for someone, so as they are “locked” inside the heart. Both are accompanied with a solid backing track to accompany Sia's voice.

Aside from the lyrical interpretation, Sia's choice of instruments and chords in the background compliments the album well. Whilst some music critics have been ambivalent on her use of the tinny drums, it is often used as to make sure the treble and vocal are more predominant. Sia's voice, in itself, is very unique, versatile and precious. She manages to effortlessly switch between upbeat numbers to the more melancholy and slow songs. To me, it felt like Sia's voice really drove this album to success." - link
5. "Hostage"
Sia / Nick Valensi

""Hostage", the 5th track gives us a break. That's Sia we knew from her last record, the one doing rock songs with an attitude. Still very catchy, but somewhat edgy. After 4 pop-hymns in a row "Hostage" takes the perfect slot on the album to relax the listener. " - link
6 "Straight for the Knife"
Justin Parker / Sia

" “Straight For The Knife” is even more harrowing. It details a tempestuous relationship, the kind where the protagonist escapes but then returns, with potentially dangerous consequences: “But will someone find me swinging from the rafters / I’m hanging on your every word.”" - link
7. "Fair Game"
Greg Kurstin / Sia

"“Fair Game” is a minimalist, string-laden tune about wanting to find an equal partner" - link
8. "Elastic Heart"
Thomas Pentz / Sia / Andrew Swanson

" “Elastic Heart”, a song Sia has previously released, was recorded as a solo single, and released in early 2015. One has again to assume that the song (as shown through the music video) delivers a message again for Sia’s substance abuse (I wanted it so bad; but there were so many red flags). The vocal loop in the background offer something new to this album’s DNA, and Sia switches from soft to explosive with ease." - link
9. "Free the Animal"
Greg Kurstin / Jasper Leak / Sia

"“Free the Animal,” one of the weirdest songs, but also one of the best. “Free the Animal” seems to contain some of this unbridled enthusiasm, a xylophone-riddled violent urge to break the binaries of love/hate and life/death. Anyone who has come as close to self-destruction as Sia has knows how close together these edges live, and it’s her ability to convert that conundrum into nearly terrifying electric pop currents that gives this album pure, white hot energy. " - link
10. "Fire Meet Gasoline"
Sam Dixon / Greg Kurstin / Sia

"Speaking of power ballads, “Fire Meet Gasoline,” is simply fantastic. This song is a moving ode to consuming love. Her wordplay is on-point as she effortlessly links flame imagery with a love that is too hot to handle. “Strike the match, strike the match now / We’re a perfect match, perfect somehow,” she sings over Kurstin's haunting production." - link
11. "Cellophane"
Greg Kurstin / Sia

""Cellophane" is an electropop track, where Furler likens her self to "a basket filled with pain." Is about feeling vulnerable and messed up in front of someone else (“While I fall apart, you’ll hide all my pills again”) " - link
12. "Dressed in Black"
Greg Kurstin / Grant Michaels / Sia

"“Dressed in Black” is an almost seven minute long number, though is presented with emotional feel. The song incorporates various aspects of Sia’s life, ranging from her substance abuse battle to her depression. The song, however, takes a more positive turn, explaining how someone had helped her overcome this (“I was hopeless and broken; you opened the door for me”). The most poignant part of the song, however, comes in the final two minutes. No lyrics are given, the only voice being Sia’s haunting vocal repeatedly refraining the song’s more powerful notes". - link