The Buffyverse A hole in the World & Seeing Red

nataliejade posted on Apr 06, 2008 at 02:32PM
Has anyone realized that Joss finally gets a good couple together and then one of them dies.
Like in Buffy, At the end of "Entropy", Willow&Tara finally Kiss and then Tara is shot by Warren.
Or Angel, For ages we were waiting for Wesley&Fred to get together, and in "Smile Time" they finally do and then Fred dies.
last edited on Apr 06, 2008 at 02:34PM

The Buffyverse 3 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu amazondebs said…
yes Joss refuses to let a couple be happy, he likes to piss off the fans lol but to be fair if tara had not died we would have got evil willow and if fred had not died we would have not ot my second favorite character illyria
so as much as we love to hate these sad stories lines i still love them (if that makes sense)

anyways maybe joss has some serious underlining issues as the only couples left at the end of buffy and angel i think are willow and kennedy and a possible faith and wood
hampir setahun yang lalu NikaDawson said…
I think he said something once in an interview about a happy couple not being nearly as interesting to watch as ones that were misreable or have had something bad happen to them.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu ArabellaElfie said…
Joss has some stocks in a tissue brand. He must. Joss loves to put his characters through hell and when they come out of it it's so interesting and heartbreaking. The breaking down of Willow and Tara was so slow and when they got back together I squeeled only to cry with a stray bullet. Wesley and Fred was the saddest thing in the world to me. Why couldn't she just stay! To see her hallowed out and replaced with Illyria who was so different from Fred.
No couples wind up together and happy at all, maybe you can bring up Willow and Kennedy and Faith and Wood (as Deb did) but in all honesty they are my least favorite of all of them. If you expand on the Whedonesvere you fine Kaylee and Simon which is happy too but in Buffy and Angel? The words I love you should come with a casket. (or a dustbuster)