The Fanpoppy Awards Rawak Ideas

hooch-is-crazy posted on Feb 08, 2008 at 08:37PM
This forum topic is for any ideas you think will help the fanpoppies.

I would love it if the fanpoppies were held just like a real award ceremony and so i had the idea of speeches (soapboxes) when you win an award, it doesn't have to come right after, because you need time to think, but if you win an award, try to get a speech in.

The Fanpoppy Awards 33 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu blisslikethis said…
ooh acceptance speeches! great idea, hooch :).
so i've been trying to think of a way that nominations and then voting can take place and i think i've figured it out.

nominations could take place as picks - hooch and i will provide the first two nominations for each category. everyone else can add theirs, or vote for those who have already been nominated. we'll keep these pick up for a whole week, at the end of which, the top 6 in each category will be the official nominees.

once we have the nominees, we'll announce them in a soapbox and voting can commence (what form voting will take will depend on the outcome of the pick).

sound good?
hampir setahun yang lalu germany123 said…
yup :)
i think its always a bit silly if people nominate themselves though..maybe that should be a rule!? what do you guys think?
hampir setahun yang lalu ollythedolly said…
I agree with Germany. Nominees should be nominated by another person.
definitely.
will the winner recieve an icon with their category/colour and that award !? that they can put on their page!?
hampir setahun yang lalu hooch-is-crazy said…
great idea!
i'm not sure about the nominations in a pick because then everyone will know who is most likely to win, i would rather have the deciding of nominations private and the winner public or both private so that you don't know who's most likely to win before the voting takes place.
i second that, germany, great idea!

that's true about nominations, i suppose, but judging by the response from the pick you posted, hooch, that's what the people want. if you're really against doing them in picks, we can go back to the original idea of people posting their nominations in the forum.. it just means we'll be doing a lot of counting.
hampir setahun yang lalu Snerkie said…
i think pick is better as it saves time in a sense and makes it more enjoyable. Just make sure you add choices maybe for the less recognised things and not just stuff that has to do with the typical big spots like the office or heroes. So encourage smaller but loved spots.
i meant that the nominations shouldn't be a pick because then everyone could see who was going to win, either there is some kind of private nominations or no nominations at all.
you aren't going to get a lot of people privately doing it. People will just go...nope, don't feel like doing it, it's no good if you want a large amount of people to participate.
have you actually read my posts? i don't want anyone to know the who's going to win untill at least the voting begins! i'm not saying no to having a pick, but i am saying no to having a pick to nominate fans because then you're going to have two picks with nearly excactly the same results!

And we don't need loads of people nominating, we just need loads of people voting.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
i think the commitee should nominate* and the fans should vote public/private doesnt really matter to me

theres always heaps of possibilities to do one thing- and this could go on endlessly..i think the commitee should decide on the procedure thats easiest for them- after all you are the ones that would have to do all the work.

* yes the fans should make suggestions about nominations. what i meant was that the committee gets the final say i.e. disregards people who nominated themselves, narrows it down to final number of nominees etc
yeah, i'm thinking the forum might be best. i don't know about hooch, but the voting will be crazy enough.. i don't have time to go through hundreds of nomination emails as well. :S
hampir setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
I think the fans should nominate. There maybe things that the committee is unaware of that deserves to be nominated.

I like the forum idea. Just have people nominate in the forums.
What you'll have to do either way with nominations is make sure you check everything. Even if you see that person as a regular on fanpop all of the time they might not actually have posted things properly or whatever.
ok, seems like there's a consensus to have nominations in the forum, and i think it'll be easiest for us. also, i agree with Cinders that the fans should nominate.

so i'll open the forums tomorrow! start thinking about who you want to nominate :)
i agree, too. i edited the comment cause i put it badly...this is going to be so hard
thanks germany, i think that's pretty much what's going to happen :)
o.k. i'm for the forum nominations, there'll still be quite a good chance the nominations don't reflect the end vote.
hampir setahun yang lalu meeee said…
Maybe if people sent messages of who they want to vote for to 2-3 people from the comitee e.g. blisslikethis, hooch and me(Even though I'm not on the comitee lol!)then we post the winners and just to make it clear we each take 1-2 categories when you vote you put the name the category and who you want to win.

Just a thought I don't think anyone will understand it but anyway
no offence but i still think nominations in a forum is a terrible idea. The voting + nominations should be all together. If you look at the amount of people that actually look at the forums it isn't many at all and mainly the same people. Also with picks people can get ideas as i myself have trouble thinking up things when i just read something.

Just my opinion with the fact there is clearly only a handful of people that will check forums.
hampir setahun yang lalu amazondebs said…
i completley second that not as many people check forum as picks, so you might need to place link to that forum from say fanpop or fanpop users

i also love the idea of a fanpopper recieving a image to put on their profile

and also i think this was mentioned in another forum, i think best fan art should be something that a fan has made
i've put a link up in the Fanpop spot, i'll go do the same in Fanpop Users. :)
hampir setahun yang lalu lindsey2182 said…
I think if you receive a fanpoppy, they should add a fanpoppy icon to your profile, similar to how props are posted on your profile
unless dave and the gang created it though (which i think they have like a long list of suggestion on a forum to sort throuh) then it will just have to be a image, that you could have as one of your uploaded images
maybe you could even put it in the corner of your user icon lol really show if off :)
i wish they could make it official. that would be really cool. but alas, it's pretty unlikely.
maybe in the far future, when trolls are exstinct and evrything on fanpop runs perfectly

wow that sounds like the kind of heaven i want to go to :)
hampir setahun yang lalu scififan said…
I love the idea of putting an image or something on someone's page. What's the use of winning an award if no one knows about it? Btw, great idea with the fanpoppies to whoever came up with it (bliss and hooch?) There are so many amazing contributers and spots and what not that deserve to be recognized!
hampir setahun yang lalu adavila said…
you should also make a worst pick award or more useless something

you know what I mean like awards for bad stuff too

I dont know it´s just an idea

I just copy this idea from the updates forum, foroum, furoum I dont know
hampir setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
I don't think that's quite in the spirit of peacefulness that is fanpop. Who are we to judge what is "useless" anyway?
like i said in the other forum i think it would be funny to have awards like maybe
most insane fanpopper or
funniest fanpopper sort of like you might have lass clown award at the end of high school or something