House M.D. House & His Vicodin Addiction (Discussion + Question)

rainbowedlife posted on Nov 28, 2008 at 07:15AM
I'm a bit... concerned and a little confused. I'm not sure when House started taking his Vicodin (Damn my memory) but he should be experiencing all sorts of side effects like hearing loss and dizziness, etc. He should also be having stomach pains, because I'm pretty sure he takes a bit more than 4 grams of acetaminophen per day and that should be sabotaging his liver. I'm surprised none of the character has ever mentioned this to him (at least I've never heard) because by the end of season 6 or 7, maybe even 5, he's going to have to have a major liver transplant to prevent death... Drug addictions cause liver failure, I think everybody knows that and I'm just worried a bit. I mean, I'm pretty sure he'll die at the end of the show, but it's going to be very strange if the writers start showing his severe liver damage in like, Season 8 or something. And I don't want him to die before the show ends, hell, I don't want him to die at all. And as far as I know, organ transplants take time and you have to wait in a list or something. And I don't think that not even House would get special treatment because that would be against the law.

Q. Do you think there will be some way the writers will make him overcome his addiction? And don't say 'no' JUST BECAUSE you can't be f**ked to write anything else. Lmao.

*sorry*

House M.D. 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu mrshouse62689 said…
Ohhh lets not talk about House's possible death. Too sad. :-(

I hope the writers find a way for him to end the addiction. He'll HAVE to eventually if he wants to live (and he's proven time and time again that he does...Three Stories, Wilson's Heart) because you're right, taking that amount of drugs for an extended period of time will take a serious toll on his health. I think House getting clean might be a big plot arc in coming seasons or something like that.