Damon & Bonnie The Bamon Supremacy

sweetmadness posted on Aug 31, 2010 at 06:39PM
Hello, fellow Bamon fans! I kind of had this epiphany while I was thinking about Bamon vs. Delena and wanted to share it at fanpop :) But first, allow me to introduce myself. A former Gossip Girl fan, I've been chillin' at the CW Vampire Diaries forums for quite some time under the user name of heartsgossipgirl, but now, I've made the transition to fanpop (thanks to Crazedbamonfan :)) I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and hearing what you have to say about this beautiful couple :) Anyways, now to what I call the "The Bamon Supremacy/Explanation for Delena." <3

"I think I’ve figured it out…the whole, Delena thing. For a long time I couldn’t understand their bogus answers and explanations, but I do now. They suffer from Savioritis. Let me explain. When you have savioritis, you become completely taken with the idea of saving someone. You want to be a savior. Many girls are born with it, and tragically, it can lead to problems in life…although more likely, it is just a stage. And this stage manifests itself through shipping preferences. I mean, tell me, how many girls would honestly choose to have a relationship with Damon so quickly after he has murdered so many people? I hope none.

I admit, once upon a time, I had savioritis, too. I imagined a bad boy falling in love with me, and then him changing everything about himself just because he loved me. I mean, honestly, it is flattering: having someone fall so deeply in love with you that they’d change everything about themselves, and their entire way of life, just to be with you. And every good deed they do? It’s because of you. That’s the ultimate compliment. And why do they do this? Because you are “special.” You are the only person in the entire world you truly “understands them.” That’s even a bigger compliment. It’s a total fantasy.

Now I have made a full recovery, and no longer suffer from savioritis. I no longer need to fantasize about being “the only one” who can understand my man, because I know, relationships don’t work that way. You should never go into a relationship expecting your significant other to change because they love you, or because you are the “only one to understand them.” That’s not how life works.

But that’s what Delena represents to me—savioritis. Proponents of the ship argue that Elena is the “only one to understand him.” And that is why they should be together. But do they ever mention why the relationship is healthy for Elena? They go on and on about how magical their relationship is because Elena is the only one to understand Damon, but they don’t seem to have a good response of why Elena should be with him other than that they have good chemistry or that she can “change him.”

Bamon, on the other hand, is my ship. It ain’t about Bonnie “understanding” him or “changing” him. Yes, they are in no way going to have a romance soon…because Bonnie wants to take him down if he tries anything questionable. She clearly, doesn’t suffer from savioritis. She doesn’t feel the need to save him. He will have to change all by himself before entering into a relationship with her—she in no means has that desperate need to try and flatter herself by becoming his savior. She’s not that needy.

I love Elena—the Elena with Stefan. Not the one with savoritis. Thankfully, the writers haven’t gone that direction yet. But with so many Delena shippers out there, only time will tell, and she’ll probably end up infected, just like so many of the teenage girls out there watching the show. Pity, so many girls have to suffer through that disease. Maybe they’ll make a recovery before the season ends and will get to see some real ships, free of a nasty, infectious disease."

Thoughts? :D

Damon & Bonnie 13 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu lorastefens said…
hey, I'm Lora, nice title Bamon supremacy.Bamon is in my top 5.

last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu Bangelusfan said…
wink
Lol that was a great theory (very true too)
hampir setahun yang lalu 1beaut said…
kiss
Yes I'm so glad you posted this! Brillant
hampir setahun yang lalu Thedarkeststar said…
big smile
Great article! LOL
hampir setahun yang lalu IxluvxCB said…
wink
I argee this is GOOD article!!
hampir setahun yang lalu FrenchGiirl said…
smile
That's a brilliant theory !!
hampir setahun yang lalu CrazedBamonFan said…
Yay welcome to our little hole in the wall xD Even though I already posted my reply to you at the cw board, I wanted the others to see what I replied with:

This is very beautifully stated and sadly nothing but the truth.

A relationship shouldn't be about the need to save someone. It also shows that they have no faith in Damon wanting to change for himself. Damon is 145 years old, he doesn't need someone to save him. He needs to want to save himself. If that makes sense.

What does Elena get in this situation? To be honest I haven't even thought of that myself. And thinking about it all, I can't really think what Elena gains in this relationship. Many D/E fans say she has more fun with Damon, but the last time I checked fun didn't run a "Loving relationship". The only kind of relationships that "Fun" runs is friends with benefits and one night stands.

I do believe that the main story and objective here is the growth between the two brothers. With Damon embracing more of his humanity and Stefan eventually learning to accept what and who he is, and their conflict. I think that when it's all said and done, I believe that both Bamon and Stelena will be endgame with no strings attached. It's the only way I can see the brothers FINALLY learn to live and love each other. And that's what I want. I want Damon to stop hating his brother and I want Stefan to try to LOVE and TRUST his brother. With this triangle business that can't happen, and it's sad to see at times.

Sometimes I think fans don't think too much about the Salvatores' relationship. I think they'd rather ship their ships despite what would happen to the brothers. With Delena it would be that Damon would be the second choice always and with Stefan alive that's a downright guarantee. Even with Stefan dead (which better not happen or I'll cut someone lol) Elena would mourn him and Damon would mourn him...and what good does that do?

Throw Bonnie into the situation and she has the ability to love Damon with all her heart. No switching back to his brother whenever something goes wrong. Bonnie has the ability to stand by his side and to love ONLY HIM. Bonnie can love him while letting him know that sometimes he needs to cool his inner jerk lol. With Bonnie, Damon can learn to love again...not because she looks like his ex, but because he can generally feel for her. And you know I'm not a book reader, but in Nightfall that was in the process of happening. The quote: "For a moment it was just the two of them: Damon and Bonnie... a palpable if not audible crack as the stone encasing his soul burst open and a great piece fell away." proves that.

I just don't see why everyone can't be happy in this situation. Normally I'm not for the white picket fences and such, but in this case I'd definitely welcome it. Especially if it means Damon and Stefan can be happy with each other for once and have the loves in their lives that they deserve.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
wink
WORD!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu sweetmadness said…
Thanks for the support <3. Nice to meet you all!
wink
Welcome:) Nice to meet you too!!
hampir setahun yang lalu damongirlfriend said…
kiss
great title
great article
can be defined with one word
magnificent**

Bamon Supremacy**
hampir setahun yang lalu ForsakenMoon19 said…
wink
Nice to meet u sweetmadness and I loved the article, soooo true!!! Bonnie is perfect for Damon cuz she's strong, adorable exciting and someone Damon can learn about his soul from. If anyone would know how to help Damon find his humanity it would be our lovable fiery little witch!!!! Also Damon is not big on trust and Bonnie not willing to relent herself to his charms can allow Damon to question his motives and learn what it means to love others as much as himself. Yes Bonnie shouldn't be the one to save him, not unless Damon is prepared to save himself first. Elena is so wrong for him, force him to change to her standards. But with Bonnie change wouldn't just happen overnight it would be a long but exciting process. For thoes of u who love Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl we saw what it took for him to find his humanity and even though he's still in a dark place he's still learning that he needs to save his own soul before he can truly open his heart. The same thing goes for Damon, if he can learn to find what it means to be a decent person than he will earn the love he deserves. I say Bonnie isn't threatening him, she's testing him to see what lengths he'll go to battle his inner demons and gain a fracture of his soul, something worth loving:)
hampir setahun yang lalu sweetmadness said…
surprise
By the way, this article was deleted on the CW site. I was shocked. They went through everything and even edited some of my other posts, with the reason being "inappropriate". In fact, they even deleted the posts of everyone else who commented on what I said. Seriously? I know that "The Bamon Supremacy" isn't exactly a compliment to Delena fans, but I've talked to some Delena fans on that board before who that outright rude--giving insults without even being edited. I'm always the one playing peacemaker. It's just ironic that then my thoughts are deleted as being too "inappropriate." Not too mention I then looked at the Delena Fan Thread for the first time and saw that they'd been reading my post (in the Bamon Thread) and were offended by it. So then I had to feel guilty...

I think I'm going to love fanpop. I can talk about other ships and why I don't like them without having to worry about getting my thoughts edited, and then making people made at me. Hurray for fanpop! I'm looking forward to getting to know you girls more!