The Heroes of Olympus The Ruins of Rome

LeosGirl posted on Jul 24, 2012 at 11:13PM
Authors: LeosGirl and Book-worm

Summary: The demigods are back! The Greeks are coming to meet the Romans but will they work together or fight against each other? Each demigod has their own problem:
Has Percy moved on from Annabeth?
Is Piper going to lose Jason to Reyna?
Is Reyna going to choose Jason, Percy, or neither?
Is Leo really Sammy?
Does Hazel still love Frank or is she going to fall in love with Leo?
And Gaea. The worst of all.
Is Rome going to prosper? Or is it going to crash and burn as we know it? Are we looking at the ruins of Rome?
There's only one way to find out:
Read on!

Characters: Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Jason, Piper, Leo, Reyna, Connor, Travis, Clarisse, Chris, Thalia, Octavian, Frank, Hazel, Rachel, the Camp Counselors, and more.

Disclaimer- Unfortunately for book-work and LeosGirl they don't own this story or the characters, Rick Riordan does): But we do own the plot and some ideas of the story and it makes up for it!

CHAPTER I
ANNABETH

An hour. That's how long I have till I find out if he loves me or not. Even with ADHD the hour doesn't move fast enough. Part of me says he still loves me and can't wait to see him, but the other part of me says that he's forgotten you and you should just get off this mother-ship.
Shut up. I told it.
He loves me. He's gotta remember me...right?
Stop it, I told myself, Thinking like that will-will just break your heart.
Thankfully, Piper walked up.
"You okay?" she asked.
"Honestly, no. I'm about to find out if Percy even remembers me, let alone love me."
Piper nodded.
"I'm sure he-" she started, but she was cut-off by a metal-on-metal screech coming from the engine room.
Leo ran out of the room, that was pouring out smoke.
He was covered in oil and soot. His eyes were red from the smoke. He was coughing and cussing up a storm. To sum it up, he looked like crap.
"Hey, Repair Boy! Shouldn't you be doing your job?!" shouted Piper
"Shouldn't you shut up, Beauty Queen?!" he shouted back.
"What's wrong?" I asked, trying not to inhale smoke.
"Some-" started Leo
"Language!" shouted Rachel
"person," Leo said, glaring at Rachel, "threw a lug wrench in the engine! The lug wrench stopped some gears, the radiator is about to drop and-"
"English!" everyone yelled.
"We're gonna crash!" yelled Leo, "Is that clear enough for ya?!"
"Everyone, grab on to something!" shouted Grover
"Listen to the goat!" shouted Piper
"SSSAAATTTYYYRRR!!!" he shouted as the ship made a steep dive to the ground.
"What in the name of Hades is that?!" shouted Leo
"It's an-" started Jason
"AQUADUCT!" I yelled.
SPLOOSH!
When I came to, I was sprawled on the ground and soaking wet.
Great, another thing to remind me of Percy! I thought
I looked around.
Everyone was the same way.
I tried to get up, but I immediately fell back down. A burning pain started in my ankle and went up my left leg.
Rachel saw.
"Medic!" she called.
Next thing I knew, I was on a stretcher.
"Yup, you sprained it, sweetheart." said an Apollo kid.
I kicked him. With my right leg, of course.
"Oow!" he shouted
"Sorry, sweetheart." I said through clenched teeth.
"Point taken." he grumbled.
"Well, welcome to Camp Jupiter!" said Jason
"Has anyone seen Grover?" I asked
"Found 'em!" said Travis as he threw Grover onto the ground.
"Food!" Grover bleated, coming to.
Piper handed me a set of crutches.
I got up, it hurt, but not as much as missing Percy.
Then I heard it.
A Hunter's horn.
A group of girls ran in. They were wearing white and silver hunting parkas and had their bows drawn. Multiple wolves ran beside them.
The Hunters of Artemis. Thank gods.
A punk rock-looking girl walked up to me with a beautiful white wolf beside her.
Thalia.
"What happened to you?" she asked
"Crashed. Aquaduct. Ankle. Pain." I tried to say while wincing from the pain.
She seemed to understand.
"Dang." was all she said.
"Come on," said Jason, "I wunna show you guys my home."
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
When I saw it, my heart stopped for a couple of seconds.
Oh man, the architecture was beautiful!
It took me a minute to see the thousands of Roman soldiers, waiting for the order to kill us or not.
A scrawny, white boy walked up, I knew him from Jason's stories.
Octavian.
He glared at me.
I gave it right back to him.
"Kill them while you can! There Greeks!" he shouted.
"No! They are friends, not enemies!"
I knew that voice.
And there he was.
He looked stronger. His black hair gleamed in the sun, his sea-green eyes sparkled, he flashed me his best 'I'm a trouble maker' smile.
Like the Wise Girl I am, I stood there, gaping like an idiot.
"Well, Wise Girl?" he said opening his arms.
I through down my crutches and ran for him.
I didn't even feel the pain.
All I felt was happiness to see his beautiful face again.
He wrapped his arms around me.
I sighed.
Percy!
It was really Percy!
I didn't want to let go for fear of losing him again.
He pushed me away and then kissed me.
Oh, how I missed that.
I didn't want to, but we broke apart.
"Oh, Seaweed Brain! I missed you SO much! All I could think about was-what are you wearing?!" I said, just noticing his new clothes.
He blushed.
Adorable, I thought.
"Ummm, it's a toga." was all he said.
I laughed.
A girl with long black hair and a warrior-like quality cleared her throat.
She had a weird look in her eye.
Annoyed? No. It was more like- more like jealousy.
"Sorry," Percy said "Reyna, this is Annabeth. Annabeth, this is Reyna."
The girl, named Reyna, softened at Percy's words. She liked him, and I had no doubt that she wouldn't fight for him, but that's okay because if she wants a fight, I'll give her a fight.
I DON'T THINK SO!, I thought.
He's mine!
I held out my hand.
"Hi, Reyna. I'm Annabeth, Percy's girlfriend." I said
She tried to intimidate me by squeezing my hand, hard.
It didn't work.
"Hi, Annabeth, I am Reyna, praetor of Camp Jupiter and Percy's colleague."
She's going down, I thought.
She glared at me.
I glared right back.
"Okkaayy," said Percy breaking us apart, "Why don't you go see Jason, Reyna?"
Reyna softened, again.
Another guy she can't have.
She left to go find Jason.
"Let's go for a walk." said Percy.
We talked forever.
He told me about what had happened the 8 months he was gone.
How terrible. I thought.
I told him about everything that happened up till now.
He looked worried.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nothing." he said.
He was so faking.
"Percy...?" I asked, sternly.
"It's just...how would a lug wrench get in the engine?" he asked, suspicious.
"Somebody probably just dropped it." I said, trying to keep my voice from wavering.
I was worried now, too.
"I don't know, Annabeth. Sounds weird to me." he said, shaking his head.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
But I knew what he meant.
It wasn't just an accident.
The Argo II was sabotaged.

The Heroes of Olympus 2554 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 851-900 of 2554

hampir setahun yang lalu Phoenix_Stone said…
laugh
Bookcat: Couldn't have said it better myself. XD
hampir setahun yang lalu tristain714 said…
big smile
That was a great post !!!!!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu rainbow_girl said…
NEW PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu book-worm said…
Yay!!!! I love new pages now all we need is a new chappie That I'm in the process of writing
hampir setahun yang lalu kkw1700 said…
yay!
it could possibly be two chappies, in one day >.<
hampir setahun yang lalu LORDCHAOS said…
Good. But needs...action. To much drama
Okay, ill keep that in mind.
Who do you think the demigods should face chaos? I'm open to any and all suggestions
hampir setahun yang lalu snowflakes989 said…
well i suppose you could make someone up?
Like what? I really am idea less and I want it to be something big!!! That means I have to do reasearch....
just make someone up! Name it like Maldoron or something and make him an super evil monster.
hampir setahun yang lalu LeosGirl said…
@book-worm: I'm not sure if Chaos is evil. He's more neutral. And I'm trying to think of some major monsters.
But I can't build off of that! I need a solid idea, like what does the monster do? How does it die? What's its weapon? Does it have a weapon? I'm not good at building off random things.
um....maybe, Bob the monster is a pink, banana like monster that has awesome evil powers like radiating poison and disenegrating fruits! Lol just a thought but theres no need to follow it.

~Snow
Haha nice one snowflake I might have to create a story about Bob the pink banana monster on an article or something! Do you want to help me write one?
hampir setahun yang lalu rainbow_girl said…
OMG!!!! i know! u can make one of the titans come back out. like one of the titans that ran away but wasnt destroyed.
hampir setahun yang lalu IStandCorrected said…
Haha i return from the firey hole that is the no computer ban!!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
@bookworm-sure! I'd love to help you write a story about Bob. Lol this is random but at school there are 2 keneths so teacher said one has to be called something else. so one kenneth insisted on being Bob. and then today we had team competition when it was bob's turn i started singing "bob the builder can we do it! Yes we can!" Anyway yeah I think it would cool to write about Bob.

@rainbow-thats not a bad idea! although i think it should be a giant, cuz gaea ditched the titans. but either way, i'm sorry bookworm you still have to do research.

~Snow
Ugh!!! I hate research! It reminds me of.....*in a whisper* school *shudders* we should totally write a story though, message me!

Thanks rainbow sounds like an awesome idea I will go google titans! And giants

Welcome back ISC!!! I missed you! Why were you banned?
@bookworm-someone told me that RR uses Theoi mythology website for his stories. Maybe you should try going there to do research. I've been there before, they got lots of good info. Okay now me message you about bob!

~Snow
Do you want to leave the link for me? Or message it to me?
@bookworm-here I left the link for you.
link
You guys really should check it out, lots of great stuff on there.

~Snow
meh
I got blamed because my brother took some of my mom money... But im back because my mom found out that it was my brother!!
big smile
thanks book worm!
big smile
NEW PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ISC-Lol. thats funny. anyway, glad youre back to the party! Although I'm new-ish to this forum.

~Snow
smile
thanks snow (can i call you that?)
smile
and being new-ish doesn't matter we were all new once
of course! Okay I call you ISC?(saw bookworm calling you that.)
and yeah, i suppose we were all new one. hey ISC, could you give my forum a read? It would mean a lot.

~Snow
@snow sure and you can call me ISC everyone does
sure for what? anyway, Cheers for POTAGS!! (I did this on kkw's forum too) Say "Aye!" if you're in favor of it. If not....then you are no potag.lol
AYE!!!

~Snow
smile
AYE!!!!! and sure for reading your form
Oh yeah saw your post. Thanks!!!
P.S. I say "aye" again for all the POTAGS. Lol if I keep that up, kkws going to start calling me a pirate.

~Snow
hampir setahun yang lalu annabeth4ever said…
this is awesome
hampir setahun yang lalu bookcat said…
tongue
when r u going to post and thanx guys I don't try to be funny I just am and lordchaos i'm colombian and from puerto rico so like I said before don't be a hater beacuse u ANTE ME thanx
Haha you guys are awesome AYE! I love my POTAGS(: that's you guys

@bookcat-I'm waiting for leosgirls final edit on my chappie and then I can post it. It's a little sappy but it has a major impact on the rest of the story.

@annabeth4ever-thanks!

@isc-you said on the other page your mom found out it was your brother thanks to me, what did I do? (: not that I don't like helping a POTAG out(:

@snowflake-I dot really have anything to say I just wanted to give you a shout out(:
hampir setahun yang lalu kkw1700 said…
laugh
for a second i thought you said you were LC. o.O

READ THIS! :D
link
hampir setahun yang lalu fireyes said…
Lol I did its funny 8D
It's way funny!!!(: nice one kkw
here is your chappie!!!!!!!!!! savor it because there is a possible delay for the next few chappies due to the fact that leosgirl and i are busy!

Chappie 12
Leo
I was walking around the Argo ll making sure there were no repairs to be done when I walked in on Jason and Piper making out. It didn’t surprise me. It happened all the time. I was used to it.
I turned and walked away into the nearest room.
It was Percy and Annabeth making out. Okay, I should’ve seen that one, the room was the library, one of the places Annabeth spent a lot of time. I should’ve been more careful. I left the room before they could see me.
>I was a bit more careful when I went into a room this time; it’s where we kept supplies, and weapons. You won’t believe who I saw in there.
If you guessed Santa Claus, you were way off. It was Connor, and gets this, Reyna . Of all people in the whole world it had to be the gorgeous roman praetor. I sort of knew they were together but I didn’t know they were to make out status. Before I could leave Connor saw me. He was scowling. After making out with a gorgeous Roman girl, he was freaking scowling. I wouldn’t be scowling if I was him.
His gaze softened when he saw it was me. “I thought you were Percy” he admitted
“Nah, he’s having his own little make out party” I said. There was a few minutes of awkward silence
“I’ll leave you guys to it then.” I said and then I left the room. I decided to go the only place I knew there would be no one making out.
I went out on to the deck but I was wrong about the whole “no one making out thing”.
It was Frank and Hazel making out. Yeah, Hazel, the thirteen year old!!!
“Oh come on!!!!” I shouted I left the boat hoping there would be no one making out on the ramp. I swear I was the only demigod on earth without a girlfriend. Well except maybe that Octavian creep. I walked past a roman girl crying and holding Octavian’s picture. I stand corrected, even the creep has a girlfriend
I was so mad. Aphrodite just loves torturing me. First she makes me fall for almost every girl, but then I cant even get a girlfriend.
“Curse you Aphrodite” I said rather loudly. Luckily for me no one was around They’re probably all making out I thought bitterly.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped and flipped around.
It was a messenger, “It’s time for the senate meeting, your presence is requested.” he said then walked off. I started following the guy because I had no clue where the senate meetings were held.
I felt a little tingle down my spine but immediately dismissed it. lets just get this over with I thought.

Jason POV
Senate meeting wasn’t as big of a disaster as I thought it would be. It was a lot better now that Octavian was gone. Rachel served as temporary augur. You should’ve seen the Romans faces when they heard that Rachel was an oracle. I thought Reyna was going to flip a switch!!! Speaking of Reyna, it seemed like she was staring at me the entire time. Well, it was either me or Connor Stoll, and I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t be staring at Connor.
I walked up to her after the senate meeting.
“Hey Reyna” I said
“Hey jason!” she said
“Listen, I know you still like me and everything, but, you need to stop staring at me. I'm with Piper now.” I said
“Oh, but I don’t like you anymore, I actually have a boyfriend” she said smiling.
Poor Reyna, so jealous she was making up boyfriends.
“Sure, sure,” I said “I understand” I winked at her “I can play along with the whole fake boyfriend thing” I said
“'Fake boyfriend'?” she asked something clicked in her head and she got what I was saying “Oh! You think I’m lying about my boyfriend, actually im not its-“ I cut her off “Its alright Reyna, I just thought I would share, I don’t get jealous.” I patted her arm and walked away.
“But Jason!” she called after me.
I ignored her and mumbled “Curse you Aphrodite, for putting me in a love triangle!
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­Mea­nwh­ile on Olympus-----------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­-

Aphrodite was absolutely livid.
“HOW DARE THEY!” she shrieked “CURSING ME FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! OH I’LL GIVE THEM A REASON TO CURSE ME!!!!!!!!”
Then she got an idea.
She pulled out a few love potions and her make over kit and decided when to put her plan into effect.
“It will all happen tonight. Those demigods won't know what hit them.” She mumbled to herself
“Those demi-gods will regret ever cursing me.”
She settled down to wait for the perfect moment to strike.

-----------------------------------------­Thr­ee hours later----------------at Camp Jupiter----------------------------------
Aphrodite was hard at work as she made over almost all the seven and putting spells on them.
This ‘setting people up’ thing was hard work.
She had to give the demi-gods a while to fall for each other so doing this in their sleep was perfect! She felt a little bad about doing this to Percy but, in order for everything to work she had to.
After hours of work she had finally finished.
Now all she had to was sneak back into Olympus without Zeus knowing she left. After she had snuck back in, she set up a few screens so she could monitor the demi-gods and make sure everything went according to plan.
‘Now to watch everything fall into place’ she thought sneakily.
smile
@book worm did i? no my sister told my mom it was him
big smile
great chapter!!!!!!!
hampir setahun yang lalu Phoenix_Stone said…
laugh
OMG. AMAZING. :O
I actually WANTED Aphrodite to mess with everyone!! :D
THIS IS SO FUN! :D
...Lol... xD
that was just creepy jesus christ at least make leo fall for someone not ruin others relationships
hampir setahun yang lalu tristain714 said…
big smile
That was a GREAT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­PLZ POST SOON
@bookcat-sorry, like i said Leo falls for every girl.

@phoenix-I know!!! They never do this on other forums an I always thought it would be hilarious

@tristain-thanks
I feel so alone.....there's no one commenting on like, anything......is anyone there? Do you want to have a random conversation with me?
smile
i'll have a conversation with you
Yay!!!!!

So.....How about that airline food? Hahah just kidding. You know I never got why people said that on jokes. It's not even funny