House M.D. WE HAVE A CHAT ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misanthrope86 posted on Oct 15, 2008 at 12:15AM
WOOT! We did it guys! We now have our very own chat room! Lets enjoy it!

It would be really nice if you sent Papa (link) a prop, thanking him for helping us out!

See y'all in the chat room!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*fangirl scream for the chatroom!*

UPDATE (AGAIN) 6/11/08:

Please read last page of comments. I wrote the update there and now I am too lazy to write it again here!

PS: Yay Obama from a very happy NZ girl!

UPDATE:

Due to the recent ship-bashing issues in this spot and other House-related spots, I feel that I need to revise some the conditions for this chat room campaign.

Obviously, having our own House MD Spot Chat Room will provide people with another venue to abuse each other.
And,
I WILL NOT ASK THE FANPOP FOUR TO GIVE OUR SPOT A CHAT ROOM IF I KNOW THAT THERE ARE USERS WHO WILL DELIBERATELY ABUSE THE PRIVILEDGE.

Thus, from now on when you sign your name to this forum, you are declaring that you will abide by Fanpop rules and will therefore participate positively in a House MD Spot Chat Room, to the best of your ability. For those of you who have already signed, feel free to remove your name if you do not agree to this condition.

I know that it seems that I am bossing you all around and telling you what to do. But as I have put myself forward to advocate for this chat room, I do not want 1) to waste the Fanpop Four's time by asking them to create a chat room for us that users than abuse, and 2) to suffer the embarrassment of having our chat room shut down because some of us can't get along.

I understand that I am speaking to a small sunset of people, but I also think that these are issues that we all need to think about when we are participating in this spot, other House-related spots and around Fanpop in general.

I feel really passionately about getting this spot a chat room, and I know a lot of other people do to. So we would really appreciate your support so that we can get ourselves a chat room. I would really like to thank everyone who has signed this forum and answered the pick and supported this little campaign so far, and all of you who will in the future.

I really hope that we can work together on this.

Thanks again.

Love,
misanthrope86.

Howdy y'all,

I was bored and procrastinating writing a university assignment, so I started exploring Fanpop a little.

I remembered that there had been some discussion of this spot getting its own chat room. The spots for The Office, One Tree Hill, Twilight and Fanpop Users each have their own chat room specificially for fans of the spot. The House MD Spot is currently the 3rd most popular spot on Fanpop, 1 place ahead of The Office, 5 places ahead of One Tree Hill and 11 places ahead of Twilight. So I don't think that it is unreasonable for us to want our own chat space!

Soooooooooooo, if you would be interested in us having our own official chat room, please leave your name (your Fanpop name) in a comment in this forum followed by an asterix (*) so that I know that you are "signing", not just commenting.
The names will be used as a sort of petition to show the official Fanpop people (members of the Fanpop Four) how interested House MD Spot users are in a House MD chat room.

Also, if you are happy with the way things are (for example, using the general Fanpop Chat Room and forums to chat), then feel free to leave a comment as well. If people do not want a chat room for this specific spot, we certainly should not waste Fanpop resources making one!

I will also make a pick, to advertise this issue to people who don't look at the forums. I have already made a pick about this topic, but it had a number of options. This pick will be a simple "yes or no" pick.

Oh, and by the way, link is a great article by amazondebs that tells you all you need to know about Fanpop chat rooms. Please read it (and rate it!), if you haven't already.

Thankies!

Love,
misanthrope86
last edited on Nov 07, 2008 at 12:54AM

House M.D. 152 balas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 152

hampir setahun yang lalu PotterGal said…
I was thinking about that the other day! A House chat room would be fantastic! :)

PotterGal*
hampir setahun yang lalu Huddyaddict12 said…
cool!

Huddyaddict12*
hampir setahun yang lalu heeeresjoyce said…
I've been wanting one for a while. :)

heeeresjoyce*
hampir setahun yang lalu housecuddy4ever said…
Awesome idea

housecuddy4ever*
hampir setahun yang lalu j_lin1991 said…
i'll help you guys

j_lin1991*
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyCrazy1331 said…
Count me in!!

HuddyCrazy1331*
hampir setahun yang lalu Anusha said…
That would be great!!!

Anusha*
hampir setahun yang lalu house_whatelse said…
I would really like it

house_whatelse*

hampir setahun yang lalu EverybodyLies said…
Everybodylies*
hampir setahun yang lalu love_not_war_75 said…
love_not_war_75*
hampir setahun yang lalu dante47 said…
That's great! Count me in! [ What's the Fanpop Four? (Sorry about the question,but I'm new.) ]
dante47*
hampir setahun yang lalu mod_or_rocker said…
mod_or_rocker*
hampir setahun yang lalu ineedcoffee said…
I think you deserve your own chat room
ineedcoffee*
hampir setahun yang lalu pollyloveshouse said…
Yes please! There are some awesome people on this spot!!

pollyloveshouse*
hampir setahun yang lalu Thirteen13 said…
Thirteen13*
hampir setahun yang lalu bainmoussant said…
That would be great!

bainmoussant*
hampir setahun yang lalu babybell said…
babybell*
hampir setahun yang lalu Dutch_House_Fan said…
Dutch_House_Fan*
hampir setahun yang lalu rose2 said…
rose2*
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyHottness said…
Wow! Such a good idea. :)
hampir setahun yang lalu ilurvedward said…
the house universe would be complete! (almost

iluvedward*
hampir setahun yang lalu EnjoyHuddy said…
OMG this is a great idea!!

EnjoyHuddy*
hampir setahun yang lalu salemslot said…
Cool idea!

salemslot*
hampir setahun yang lalu mimika_s said…
mimika_s*
I love it when you take action misanthrope!!
hampir setahun yang lalu misanthrope86 said…
Thanks for your responses guys! Also, please read the update I made to the forum!
I ttly agree with your update m86! No bashing! :D
(I'm still on the list on the 1st page)
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu kathleen951015 said…
i agree. whats the point of bashing anyways.
hampir setahun yang lalu Anusha said…
Yep I agree! I'm still in! :)
hampir setahun yang lalu Biathine said…
Woow I'd love that XD ( And I agree )

Biathine
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
MIsanthrope, you're awesome! =P And 'course I agree to the terms, ship bashing is just so immature, blah blah blah :)
I definitely agree with your terms misanthrope! If the chat room is going to become just another outlet for people to bash each other then it will just ruin it. :/
hampir setahun yang lalu Fabouluz said…
*Fabouluz I would love a chatroom PLUS I am not a basher :D

xoxo
hampir setahun yang lalu oldmovie said…
Oh I hadn't seen this
*signs*
oldmovie

Yeah, bashers are stupid from all sides so lets just remain friendly okay?
hampir setahun yang lalu Evrythingmaters said…
I'm in! No bashing!
Share the love! XD ... that sounded a bit hippyish... anyway yes i completely agree with you and I think a chat room would really help! :)
Evrythingmaters*
hampir setahun yang lalu housefrk said…
housefrk*
hampir setahun yang lalu pumpkinpie99 said…
*signs*
no bashing its pointless, immature and mean!!!! well done misanthrope86!!! ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu babybell said…
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! your all really great people!! msn will still probably be used more though xD
hampir setahun yang lalu suu said…
Great idea! :D

suu*
hampir setahun yang lalu cocacola said…
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!11­1
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!

cocacola*
I'd like to talk to you guys really about anything, I remember that for a while the House md party was sort've like a chatroom for a while...but people stopped using it. I remember I had this huge soccer discussion with PLH one night and another time I battled housecuddy4ever taekwondo/hapkido vs. ...multiple firearms....
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!! cocacola that sounds like A LOT OF FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i rlly hope we get this chatroom!!!! ^^
My pleas seem to have fallen on deaf ears. First thing I see on here is people bickering about some crap. Its driving me fucking nuts.
hampir setahun yang lalu jameswilson said…
Hah - props to you misanthrope, for making sure no fights break out and stuff.
Way to keep the peace
LOL! Thanks jameswilson!

By the way, babybell mentioned MSN. I know lots of you guys chat over there, but how many of there are you? The reason I want a chat room here is that I can't have MSN, and I think a lot of other Fanpoppers either can't get it either or do not want to use MSN to communicate with other Fanpoppers.

I just think it would be nice for us all to be able to use a Fanpop chat room. But if no one will use it (ie if most people just use MSN), then I don't really want to waste the Fanpop Four's time.
So, if you guys think that you won't use the a House MD Fanpop Chat Room, please let me know.
I use MSN, but if this chatroom happens, I'll deff use the chatroom as well! :DDD
I use MSN to talk to about 15 people from the House Spot, but i'd still definitely use the Chat Room misanthrope. There's still loads of people not on MSN who i'd love to talk to more! :D
hampir setahun yang lalu itssqueegy said…
sounds fun! but i hope things won't get too heated in the chatroom like the discussion we are having right now in the ambeRocks forum.
*itssqueegy.
I'm sure we would all use the chatroom plenty instead of msn. Besides, if one person checks it and sees it full of awesome people, they can report back to other on msn ad the party can move over there!
hampir setahun yang lalu oldmovie said…
exactly PLH, well everyone is making really good points, I just came here to tell misathrope86 I have a nickname for you finally, because frankly my dear your name is too tedious to write out.

SOO... you shall be called missy, and missy will be your name and you shall be my missy forever and ever (to quote the ever lovable Dory)

OH AND OMG jameswilson!!!! I haven't seen you in ages, how are you?
I can't use msn either, and there's no way my mom will let me talk to people I haven't really met before on it, (no offense to you guys) so I think this will be an AWESOME idea!