The Office What anda Thought About "The Deposition"

chel1395 posted on Nov 16, 2007 at 03:19PM
This is a forum to briefly (or in great detail) discuss your thoughts about the final episode for some time of The Office.

I think The Office went out on a high note here. That was easily one of the best episodes of the season and I might even throw it in as a contender for a "classic Office" episode. Some time will probably have to pass before it can truly be considered a "classic" but you know what I mean. I loved both plot lines; Michael being deposed and Jim playing Ping Pong. This episode was hilarious and slightly sad at times, and I felt so proud of Michael for standing up for what he believed in. Michael is definitely at his funniest when he's being stupid, but there are times he really impresses me.

What did you all think?????
last edited on Nov 16, 2007 at 03:21PM

The Office 17 balas

Click here to write a response...
hampir setahun yang lalu bradlybob said…
I really liked it too. Micheal is starting to come to the realization that others don't see him the same way he sees himself. I think David Wallace has a new respect for Micheal since he told the truth in the deposition.
I thought that Pam and Kelly were going to throw down at the ping pong game, then they started playing. HA!
hampir setahun yang lalu Kurt_Crentist said…
Michael G. Scott is the man, he has what everybody lacks, integrity. So Suck on that!
o and a huge "LOL" with Dwight Danger Schrute and Mose at the end.
hampir setahun yang lalu chel1395 said…
Plus Jim was so cute, practicing at Ping Pong to protect Pam's honor against Kelly. :D
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu shannieannie said…
this was a great episode. i loved that the rest of the office cast was (even briefly) in it. i forget where i read this, but supposedly jim and pam were supposed to have their first fight last night... i wonder where that went??? i'm glad it didn't happen though, cuz then we would have had to "end" with bad vibes between jim and pam... and we all know how much that sucks... :(
hampir setahun yang lalu papa said…
I agree Chel. Truly awesome episode. This is the third episode this season that caused me to laugh out loud several times (the others were the one where Michael drives the car into the lake and the Branch Wars episode).

Michael is easily my favorite character. He's like an updated version of Charlie Brown - except that he really surprises us from time to time.

I was sad to see the world piling up on Michael. There are those two moments where you feel really sorry for him: 1. his betrayal by Jan and 2. being humiliated by David Wallace's deposition notes.

The amazing thing - and this is what I love about the Office - is that despite all of this, Michael still comes off looking like a good guy. Towing the company line could have made him look stupid (and maybe to some he did), but somehow Michael makes it look noble. And while he's getting ripped by everyone in the deposition room, somehow Michael comes across as being the most honest, noble and forthright person in the room. Almost like he's above it all. The fact that he could go to David Wallace after what Wallace said about Michael and say "David, you're nice too", speaks volumes (to me) about what a good, genuine guy Michael is.

Yes he's inappropriate, yes he acts like a kid, but he's got a good heart. And he's demonstrated this over and over.

I've posted quotes for this episode on Dunderball as usual if you want to revisit my favorite moments:
link
hampir setahun yang lalu llerenaprincipe said…
it was better than i had expected

that's what she said!
hampir setahun yang lalu caintil31 said…
I loved it. I especially loved Kelly's smack talk.

Has anyone else noticed that since Kelly started dating Darryl she's become a bit black?
I don't want to offend anyone even though I'm being a bit stereotypical but she she did seem a bit.... um ghetto.
hampir setahun yang lalu nezenic said…
I didn't think Michael was going to push Toby's lunch onto the floor. I thought he was going to have an emotional moment. I love those emotional moments! I think Jim and Michael's on the booze cruise was my favorite.
hampir setahun yang lalu krazykray said…
I love papa's statement:

"Michael is easily my favorite character. He's like an updated version of Charlie Brown - except that he really surprises us from time to time."

I couldn't have said it better myself!!
hampir setahun yang lalu ThinkPink20 said…
One word to describe it: bittersweet. I tried to enjoy it as much as I could, because it's the last new episode for a while.
I thought the Deposition was really revealing of Michael's integrity and where his loyalty stands. I agree with papa, Michael does surprise us... a lot. Most of those surprises are politically-incorrect acts of misinformation.
But, the good surprises are the ones that people remember and people talk about. And Thursday night, we were all pleasantly surprised when Michael went against his girlfriend and stood up for his company, a company that has been mostly good to him. It was refreshing to see an honest, sincere, genuine Michael, and it was a great way to end a shortened season.
Office, we shall miss thee, and all thy comedy and hilarity.

PS. I don't know why I had to break out the old English. It just felt right.
hampir setahun yang lalu seelee said…
Wait, why is this the last new episode? Because of the strike? Horse crap! Give those writers what they want!!
hampir setahun yang lalu miles555 said…
I loved the Ping Pong clip at the end between Mose and Dwight, but this is maybe a stupid statement,...that was digitally done right? Was it really the actors (why were they wearing sunnies and other slight disguises) and the ball was hurtling, just wanted to know what you thought!

Lol, Kelly's smack talk was wicked! She made me laugh a lot which i don't normally do at her character.

One more thing: This season I have really opened up to ANDY Bernard! I think he is hilarious, even though he is minor part I laugh nearly everytime! Dwight is still fantastic!
i didn't like kelly on this episode
funny but also GRRR!!
i hate people like that =P
anyhow
the ping pong ball at the end does seem fake
hampir setahun yang lalu kayzpal said…
I love this episode. Especially Michael's moments. Lack of Jam but it's fine, they're doing great as a sweet couple. It's a bit emotional too though. Jan was beautiful in this episode but I feel sorry for Michael. I hope they're still doing fine.
(If there is another episode, that is. Dammit.)
Dwight and Mose playing the Ping Pong? PRICELESS! lol
hampir setahun yang lalu tyleroffice4 said…
I thought it was Great! I felt so Bad for Michael!
hampir setahun yang lalu jlil02 said…
Excellent.

David Wallace was not bad to Michael in his statement. They had to ask him three times if Michael was being seriously considered for the corporate position before he simply said "No." The first two times he was complimentary if noncommital. Now Jan's review - that was rough (but accurate).

Even after each betrayed the other, Michael and Jan said "I love you."

Kelley - "Your boyfriend is so fat, he could eat the internet."

Kelley - "Your boyfriend sucks so bad at ping-pong, were his parents first cousins who also sucked at ping-pong?"
Kelly didn't say boyfriend
she said mama =O