Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 451-500 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
heart
Back to Huddy, as I have no intention to let my mood be spoiled by their pervese attempts at driving me nuts, one of the scenes I loved the most was when House went to Wilson's office confessing him he couldn't handle that. What he said, about the fact that he realized she wasn't really approving his procedure because of "the way she tiltled her head and half-arched her eyebrow"...IDK, I just found that so cute. As when in "5 to 9£ he knew exactly where to find her...just speaks volumes. He knows her so well to the point of reading through her without hesitation. And the same goes with her.

Just one marvelous hint to the Huddy connetion....
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
I know:) He is so focused on her and knows her inside out... It's so HOT and romantic:)
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
sunny
So far..so amazing, seven is heaven. Enjoyed @Bea-caps & thread-views & squees!
I'm thinking Huddy is a gift as big..as a house to the writers..b/c this back story of House & Cuddy is feeding the show's dynamic as never before. They stumbled thru last season as best they could..and suddenly the sky is the limit with Huddy generating ideas & possibilites, it's working.

Yea..it is FUN to see House & Cuddy trying to respect & read each other and stay true to self, all while wanting to jump into bed at the same time. Wilson was great, even underplayed..I suppose because he is still "processing."

My favorite 2 seconds: Last week was the bed bounce, this week was House playing with the little skateboard on his desk.

Next week looks to be a good, interesting story too...with the mystery writer.

@HudJoy..hope ya feel better!
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@bluehue "seven is heaven" is the best definition for this season or at least for this season beginning ...

With the current climate in Huli is better to be cautious (BTW I'm very angry in reference to some comments I read in TV Guide thread but I need to calm down before burst. Anyway guys remember and be sure that we have NOTHING to apologize for. So don't do that please).
Back to the ep. My first feelings. I cried sooooooooo much and I need to think about this reaction. My favorite moment is the one with H&C in bed (around the minute 21.10) when cuddy says "really?" and House answers "really" using a *sperm* voice that made me die.

now I go back for a while in my basket, brooding....
mischievous
Ahah! @BH, please, be my guest and when you wish start a new thread with that definition XD It's awesome :D

"Anyway guys remember and be sure that we have NOTHING to apologize for. So don't do that please"

I am sorry @fran. I know this is annoying. I am trying to stay calm too. Maybe I should just stop being so enthusiastic about Huli and post those damn articles...

I loved the really moment too BTW XD @wen is uploading HQ screencaps!!! Can't wait!!!

@BH, loved your post. I am in love with the way you phrase things....each one of you has such a unique style of using your language!! I'd like to be able to steal sth from each one of you =,)

You're awesome!

PS I rewatched this bit today and the dialogue with all the double meanings and the faces is just too hilarious XD LMAO!

House: You think we're gonna sue if things go South? Let me tell you. She actually does go

Cuddy: House. Let him talk.

Man: I, uh, know that you're not going to sue, because you are both
going to sign love contracts. Consensual relationship agreements.

House: Well, obviously outside council will have to review the crotchless undies clause.

Man: Uh, we'll also need to watch for any favoritism
toward Dr. House. Does that mean she has to sleep with everyone?

Cuddy: I promise not to give him a raise or a promotion of any kind.

House: There's got to be a joke there about keeping up with inflation.

Man: Or bias against him.

XD I love this man XD I love the way he plays him. I love her, the way she acts....pure awesome TV!!!!
 Ahah! @BH, please, be my guest and when anda wish start a new thread with that definition XD It's awes
@Fran2: well, i know we don't have to apologize, but what can you do? Keep quiet and let all that idiocy wash over you?! Won't that be like the terrorists won the war?:)

Loved the bed scene. @ANON! "Sperm voice"????? This is too much! I started laughing so hard, i scared my kid.

Loved the dialogue they had. All of it. The scene in the HR office is magnificent. The way they look at each other and the slight naughty smiles they both have at the "south" joke - UNBELIEVABLY SEXY.
I didn't quite get the inflation joke... Does he expect a raise or promotion everytime he gets inflated?!:))))))

Also, the Mabel joke in Wilson's office and the "just to arouse him a little" - "not you":))))))))))))

I know i am dim-witted, but what did he mean by the cough? Why would she have made him cough when touching his crotch?

Anyway, i laughed so hard at this episode! They were marvelous. Huddy at its best, sexiness, bluntness and sweetness and tons of humor. And obviously, on their way towards a very relaxed intimacy - which is so sexy, given that we KNOW how amazing the sex is!
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
smile
Oh I cannot describe how happy and peaceful my soul is because of this episode!!!

I feel that the big tension caused by the six previous seasons when they weren't together, has totally burst out. We've heard them so many times hurting each other verbally. We've experienced their fears, doubts, mistakes and their loneliness. They were captives of their own weakness and lies, they lied mostly for themselves. Now they accept their love for each other, and they can handle it beautifully!!!

I can feel their tenderness and love behind the arguments too, and that's wonderful. Showing their gentle side for the other "legally" makes them happy but surprises them as well. Cuddy says in the bed scene "I missed you", and right after that realizes what she's said actually. (that nice and little embarrassed smile after...)No matter what comes later, it will never end FOR REALS!And we can witness everything!;)
True_love_huddy: yessssssssssssssss!!!!!

Way to go. You just nailed it. That is what i've been feeling all day long: that after i fought with claws and nails to convince everybody that Huddy will last forever all summer and last week, now i got proof...

Cuddy was right: if they can be honest with each other, they can survive anything.

This episode showed them both abandoned and lost in their love, unable to regain control over their professional selves - true lovers, melting into one another in an alchimical process that disolves their idividualities and creates a new hybrid being, that they so joyfully embrace.

It also showed them so deeply in love, that they are literally drunk with the feeling. Your example of how Cuddy was surprised at her own words is a good example. "I should be more mad at you" is another. House's depiction of himself to Wilson is perhaps the most extraordinary one...

They have reached that level of self-awareness and acceptance that allows them to mend all past wounds - theirs, and ours. We are witnessing a Huddy Reloaded experience, in which the pain and mistakes of the past are symbolically healed by these situations that they now handle with love, care and generosity, with honesty and acceptance.

I am flying up high. Up high. Up high. And higher.
@fran..@Bea, you are most kind! Thank you for making me smile. Also, I greatly enjoy everyone's unique voice & phrasing. International fans..all of you write in ways more charming than you know.

Oh @Delia to answer your question:
It is a common phrase in the USA that when a man sees the doctor for a check up or exam..the doc holds a guys balls and tells him, "Now turn your head and cough," this so they can examine the muscle response down there..etc.. So, the joke was, DR. Cuddy was kinda giving House an exam there by grabbing hold of his "package," in front of Wilson..but didn't even ask him to cough..ha ha..very funny.

Oops..gotta run. Later.
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
Hellooooo everyone! Feeling better today, I hope that it lasts!

Gotta love all the screencaps. I think my favorite one was a page before this one and House has his hand in the air and Cuddy's giving Wilson one of her "looks." Gahh cant even wait for more of this! :)

P.S. *SPOILER ALERT* Have you all seen the pictures of House and Rachel?!?!?!?! ZOMG. I am so so so so so so so so excited! I can't wait for a scene between the 2 of them its going to be epic. I'm like already so pumped even though it may not air for a few weeks. I know its going to be hysterical but I hope that in the end they bond!
"Cuddy says in the bed scene "I missed you", and right after that realizes what she's said actually. (that nice and little embarrassed smile after...)"

@TLH...yes. As @Delia said, you nailed it. I see I wasn't the only one interepreting that laugh this was. What a show, those details....I am amazed. Great ep. Really one of the best I have ever seen: evrything was so perfectly balanced. There was Huddy loving each other, adjusting to their new situation. House concerned about her, avoiding to hurt her feelings and she loving him and knowing him so deeply that she didn't want him to change, ever. Neither at work. Because she loves him for who he is. The way he is. And we love them for who they are.

Interestingly, I feel like the whole ep was auto-referencial (does this word exist in Eglish?) It was about the way WE, VIEWERS, may relate to Huddy. Someone else said sth like that in a review and I do think the different way Taub, Chase and Foreman reacted mirror the way House fans, Huddy ones and not, can react to this arc. Indifferent, in favour, against. And the way Huddy itlself acted is the metaphor of a process that can't happen from day to night: do we want House to be different from the way he is, just to not displease Cuddy? Or we want them to be themselves and go thorugh it all, ups and downs included. What's better? Peace or war? Be all condescendent and lose the fun or let it complicated and real and magical at the same time? Genius.

BTW @HJ...lovely that Hachel scene ;) May I use Hachel to talk about them, or does it sound wrong? What's the official policy with these things?

@BH, thanks for the explaination for the ones lost in traslation :P

SPOILER ALERT....shal we talk about Cuddy's face when she spots the massage therapist? XD
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
@DB, I can't take credit for the "sperm voice" it was @fran. I actually lauged at that too (well chuckeled 'cause I'm at school)

I have more to say, I do but I'm tired, and at school and can't get into it now.
love/miss you all.
laugh
yes, I admit it ... the "sperm voice" it's a figment of my warped mind Xd XD XD

I'm still processing the episode...
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
@Bea--yeah you are probably right about thr references to how viewers view Huddy because Lisa kept saying in interviews that all the issues the writers have in taking a risk getting the characters together are addressed in the way of issues the characters have when they get together. I am having a very dumb week apparently...first the obvious House abandonment issues and now metaphors....maybe I should just stop reading fanpop posts, say that House and Cuddy are boring, and I only watch House because he's mean...oh and for the medical cases ;) ha ha
zzz
@DB-"They have reached that level of self-awareness and acceptance that allows them to mend all past wounds - theirs, and ours."
Perfectly said!;)

"It also showed them so deeply in love, that they are literally drunk with the feeling."
We have it!OMG, we can talk about them using these words...:)

@Bea-I like "Hachel"!:)That picture is adorable!
And the massage-chick...:)Cuddy's face-expression is simply perfect!
Oh,these times I just would like to meet Lisa personally, congratulate to her, shake her hand, and to tell her she's a great, talented actress, I respect her, but please, don't keep on pretending that Hugh is your BROTHER, you are not siblings, but two adult healthy people, a man and a woman who are meant for each other...;)
Ok, sorry, so as for the massage-pic, we can see the perfect combination of real love, jealosy and anger!Great!:)Can't wait for the dialoge after it!

I wish all of you many forehead-kissing, arm-stroking dreams for tonight!:)
angry
"...and I only watch House because he's mean...oh and for the medical cases"

Can these people hear themselves? Yes, medical cases!Because real life is only about medical cases too...
heart
"I am having a very dumb week apparently...first the obvious House abandonment issues and now metaphors"

Ahah, you'll be back @mysusp, I believe in you XD

""...and I only watch House because he's mean...oh and for the medical cases"

Well, I can't say his jerkiness isn't the first thing that has attracted me like a magnet XD Let alone the medical drama formula, which I adore, but House is so much more than that and luckly everybody can aknowledge that ;) Well, smart people can :PPP

I agree withh you @TLH: one of my greatest desire would be meeting Lisa to tell her how wonderful she is, how much I respect her, love her job, her acting, adore her personality....and well, just how much I admire her.

Good night guys! Keep chatting! You're my favorite reading in the morning. Hopefully I'll catch up early in my morning....I'll be running with a friend by 8 am :D

PS My BF made me a surprise and bought me the GUN SELLER :D
 "I am having a very dumb week apparently...first the obvious House abandonment issues and now metapho
BEA! I'm so happy you got 'The Gun Seller' your BF really knows you well ;)!!

I miss talking to you all on Tuesdays.
I'll be logged on tonight but I have two many hours of homework ahead of me to even count, and I'm already so tired.
But I'll probably end up re-watching at least one season 7 episode tonight ;)

P.S. Have you noticed how for the past 4 months we had 3 kisses to flail over and now I've pretty much lost count of how many there are XD XD
@Bea :) The first episode of House I watched because I heard he was mean like Dr. Cox, and I loved the suprises and guessed that 13 had Huntingtons because my mom has a friend whose brother died from it and her daughter will not get tested because she doesn't want to know. I didn't have FOX for several years so I only got into it online after seeing that Hulu.com clip for the Joy kiss and then the insanity started..... :)
@anony--sorry your coursework is piled up high. You know what is really ironic? A lot of online courses I've lost points in participation because I like to just read and take the test....and I didn't participate in the course forum posts enough LOL
@mysusp, that IS ironic! XD
I hope you're doing good even without those points. I think I would suck at online courses, I don't like to admit it but I think I need to have a teacher there to tell me to work. And I like listening to explanations more than reading. So good luck with yours!

I couldn't help myself, I re-watched 'Selfish' tonight. I've accomplished close to nothing, this evening, I even took a nap 'cause I was so tired, still am. But I need to finish this damn PowerPoint for tomorrow. At least once this one's over I can focus on the interesting projects. (Like my Huntington's Disease one) :D
mischievous
Morning to everybody, told you I would get up early ;)

Quote of the day from last ep (sorry they are all stuck in my head, I need to get them out of there):

Taub: House, I was expecting your relationship with Cuddy to complicate our work long-term. I am now concerned it might be affecting us short-term. All due respect.

House: None taken.

Ahah, House is amazing!! I'll probably end up watching this again some day this week. Apparenlty I can't stay away too long from him <3

BTW can you stop looking at this? link XD

@Blue: thank you for the clarification:) Since i have learnt the lines by heart and i am reciting them to my husband every chance i get, i need to at least know what the hell i'm saying:)))))))

@fran: congrats on the "sperm voice":) This is a phrase that will go down in history. I swear to never forget it:)))))

T_L_H: i know:) I know:) I honestly can't even fully comprehend it yet. We are witnessing exactly what we've all dreamt of for years, we actually can comment on the show as if we were writing about our dreams - except is it TRUE... Good heavens, the joy...

I am way over my anger towards the idiotic viewers who stick by "this is a medical procedural show and i only love House because he has the balls to compensate for all the frustrations the pathetic little me cannot do anything about".
It found peace of mind after hearing Hugh, God bless his heart, actually uttering the same things we are all thinking. That Huddy is where it was all heading and that this is not a show that endlessly does DNA tests and sticks to the same formula for 15 seasons. This is a character drama and those who watch it and can't understand this basic fact can just go screw themselves. End of story.

I would be willing to do ANYTHING to get my message through to both Hugh and Lisa. Especially Lisa, because she's had less recognition through the years - but i think that's about to change...
I just don't know how to send them fan mail and stuff:((

@T_L_H: i had been playing it in my head all day yesterday - the Huli issue. And i reached the conclusion that it all comes down to this:
- A man and a woman have worked together and spent time together off set for 7 years.
- They are clearly attracted to each other and for 7 years, they have been hearing nothing but what extraordinary chemistry they have and what an awesome couple they'd make
- He is married, but lives alone, away from his wife, whom he's previously cheated on, 10 months a year
- She has been mostly single or in non major relationships
- DO WE HONESTLY BELIEVE, THE RATIONAL ADULTS THAT WE ARE, that nothing ever happened? Do we honestly believe that these two never, ever acted upon the desire and attraction and this whole "chemistry" aura that has been building around them?
NEVER?
EVER?
They never, not even once, gave in to it? In a late night after long hours at work? In a lazy weekend that they spent having crazy fun with friends? After a wild party that they attended together and got endless compliments about the great couple they make? In an emotional moment, in which they were feeling lonely or vulnerable?
Or simply under no particular circumstances, but simply acting on what they are clearly feeling, that insane desire, that amazing fun they have, that great intimacy?

Do we? Do we honestly think these two never once had sex?

I don't. OK, the rest of it is much harder to guess. What they made of it, where they are now... But i have no doubt whatsoever about them having slept together. Not one.
hampir setahun yang lalu hulibella said…
Episode 2 was great. Kind of brought together as we would expect them to be. The comedy, tenderness, and the fights.... All good stuff.
Spoiler-- Theories for Massage Therapy

Anyway I submitted that pic of House last night but had no time to comment on it. I'm referring to the picture of him sprawled out on the bed. I thinking this episode based on the promo pics we have of the massage therapist and then Rachel, Cuddy, House eating dinner together deals with the issue of physical attraction versus deeper love (which we know they have. How many naysayers have claimed that House only lusts after Cuddy? I think Cuddy comes over before or after work, there is an interlude, and she leaves seeing the massage therapist. They deal with the more unglamourous day to day relationship things (Cuddy as a 40ish single mom, the ravioli sauce on House's cane from Rachel's highchair) which we know will go well because House loves Cuddy and is invested in trying to have a positive relationship with Cuddy. I love those dinner pics--they are so sweet, and happy. ETA: by no means implying ANTHING negative by the 40ish single mom. I meant based on Cuddy's jealous face that she is horrified House has a young hoochie momma massaging him and she might feel some slight feelings of can we truly grow older together as a real couple.
heart
SPOILER DISCUSSION FOLLOW-UP

Agree with your theory @mysusp and can't really wait for the ep ;) I'd love seen Cuddy a little bit jealous...I am not rooting for some soapish jealousy moment of course. As you said, the issue here might be "true love VS fleeting fling". And we all know House is far from prefering the thrill of the latter to the joy of the former. I have never truly seen him (or Hugh :P) so overjoyed and proud to be with someone. To have someone in his life he actually loves and cares and respects deeply. The day to day stuff is incredibly sweet....those pics are melting my heart already =,)

END OF THE SPOILERISH DISCUSSION

So far this season looks like having all the numbers to be one of the best ever done on House ;) Two eps...both amazing, both so different from one another. The first one was a challenge to the formula and IMO went great. H&L were just mesmerizing, shining like real stars. The second one was like bringing back to life some distand, fading memories....it was House as we haven't seen him for ages. There were all the ingredients and all we missed last year. I read a review that said last year it was like there wasn't enough of almost everything: there weren't enough clinic hours (almost non-existent), not enough House, not enough Cuddy, not enough POTW, not enough great diagnostic moments...it was a great season IMO, but gloomy and a bit off. Anyway it was meant to be that way b/c of the very Huddy arc...they needed to get off the trail for a while in oder to come back on track later on, "revitalized" so to speak.

Now House is truly back in all its glory and it looks like one year of heart-breaking moments and emotional cliff-hangers was totally worth it :)
heart
How I feel about all the wonderful things we have got and will be getting. Only older American fanpoppers will get this ref. so I started not to post it but then i saw under the youtube comments this guy said "there are still some good shows, like House" It was like a sign :)
I feel the same:)

Good news: apparently, the ratings of the premiere are the same as the ratings for the season finale. And the ratings for "Selfish" are only a tiny bit lower, so there is no reason to believe that viewers were lost because of Huddy.

There are many mindless comments out there about the fucking shark and how "boring" (?!?!) "House" has become.
But on Barbara's blog, you can see that many people report that viewers who had stepped away from the show last year are coming back, and that even though there are Huddy haters who don't watch or watch, but complain (?!?!), the overall perception of this season is positive. They got good reviewes in general and the ratings are not dropping, which would have been a bad sign... They might even be climbing back up, as the word spreads about how renewed and entertaining the show is, once again.

Anyway, as i said, i am at peace about it - Hugh's interview with the Smiley guy reassured me greatly. Obviously, TPTB and Huli are fully aware of the risk they are taking, but TPTB considered it worth taking anyway - which means 2 things:
- that the research they did indicates that Huddy will, by no means, drive a significant number of viewers away
- that they believe in their creative vision and will stay true to it no matter what.
wink
@DB-Great news!:)We know that ratings are important for a show, for House as well.

One thing is sure: we, here in fanpop,create the most loyal and refined fan-group, and this way a reliable and constant basis of ratings!:)
my pc took a nasty virus, the technician came and I asked him: do you think that you can fix it? His answer: I don't know, I love you...and so on (old memories) ;-)) So we kissed and my pc is safe XD XD
What?? I look like a bitch??????? It's all your fault, I haven't still read the comments but I've seen a lot of Hugh's tongue all around...;-)

BTW in Selfish I missed *immensely* the tongues’ work! (only and solely for our pleasure because we all know that both H&L hate each other and do not feel any attraction).........

Come on "Greg" and Lisa! This lack of a "good job" could be dangerous for you two.......... cobwebs growing you know??!!

EDIT: I wrote a serious comment about the episode but lost it because of virus *very angry*
ROFL Watched the third sneak peak---House is basically a Twillight fan who belongs to one or two online fan clubs!! The author who writes books for teenage girls, with two hot guys. My niece would crack up at this scene. She read Twillight way before it was popular. Love this show so much.
hampir setahun yang lalu maverickangel35 said…
Oh.

my.

God.

Twilight? SHOUT OUT?!? I'm going to fall off my couch. *rushes to Huli spot*
LOL I guess it could be any teenage series of books but that was my immediate connection--probably more in the lines of those books about social cliques.
I haven't seen the sneak peeks so I can't discuss with you but I've been rewatching 7x01 and 7x02 and I have questions lol:

1)in 'The Choice' Cuddy says she's hired a new PA, and that SHE seems great, therefore I would assume SHE would still be there a few weeks later, Yet, the assistant in Now What is a man...??

2) Why does House say 'How was your weekend?' ?? is it just a bad joke, to look suspicious? Help Me was on a Tuesday, (they mention it) so Selfish is no Thursday technically if it's they first day back. I'm just being super picky, I know)

3)Why does House need a supervisor?? isn't he an attending? I thought they could make their own medical decisions...
I guess he always did need Cuddy's approval for risky stuff, and since he almost only does risky stuff maybe that's it.

I'm babbling, sorry
smile
@Anon I think you're really onto sth there. Maybe writers made a little slip after all. It happens.

SNEAK PEEK DISCUSSION, sorry @Anon, forgive me; but if you're interested go watch number 2, it's not that spoilerish after all :)

The title of the next ep, now, after seeing sneak peeks is really interesting. Given the POTW it clearly refers to her book or whatever she is doing and can't do anymore b/c of whatever iss wrong with her at the moment she checks in, but on different level, it probably refers to Huddy itself. We learn House, as Hugh said in his interview, is trying to find a way to prove himself and Cuddy mostly, they have much more in common that just sex. So as Hugh said, the problem is he hasn't got that "happiness comes from within"....which is what we will be meant to learn along the ep for sure. Cuddy is in love with him, with his whole self, and vice versa. Doesn't matter what they actually have in common in terms of hobbies or whatever....all that matters is the way they are soul-connected. The fact that they can't stay away from each other anymore is the basis....all the rest in unwritten. It's a journey they'll have to make together, at each step discovering sth about the other they didn't possibly know before....building up their history as a couple.

Well, at least this is what the title suggests me. I might be over-reading already :P

PS. BTW, I find pretty cute that he worries that much about the future of their relationship and works that hard on that, trying to figure out ways to make her happy. Once again, very romantic the little gestures...the flowers, the stuffed penguin...just House. Can't wait to see what Cuddy will do or tell him ;)
I needed time to digest this episode that struck me deeply. I can say that I liked Selfish more than Now What. In Selfish there was something that I struggled to focus, perhaps because it spoke directly to my heart and my stomach even before my brain. That "something" was the POTW, the relationship between the two children (beautiful boy's interpretation) that served as a "reading key" about the episode in its entirety. A first reflection took me back to an ethical rule that I remember (tanks to my Catholic Christian heritage although not practicing): love your neighbor as yourself. It's a rule that, with the time's passage, is provided to different meanings. My favorite meaning is related to the "as yourself": to be able to love someone else you must first be able to love yourself. If we use this reading's perspective it's clear that what might appear as selfishness is actually the most complete form of altruism. The heartfelt final "cry for help" of the brother to his sister pointed out this meant in a very touching way. And it clearly served as a mirror to the Huddy's dynamics. People who have a relationship, to remain united and to be consistent, do not have to give up their individuality and their own characteristics. A pair can be defined as healthy when each of the two components don't feel the need to change the other or change themselves otherwise could fall the prerogatives of the prime options. I choose my partner because I like him/her in this way and, if we change, we need to change together, no sacrifices from anyone.
A second thought. I was reported to Freud (and sorry if I trivializes): if the self-sacrifice is based on guilt this will lead to a benefactor's loss of happiness and to a lack of help for the benefiting. And again according to Freud there may be a drive in each of us about "love is the center of all", believing that we can get any satisfaction from love and being loved, and this drive is the one that best exposes every subject to suffering. And that's the risk and challenge for House and Cuddy (clearly shown at the end of the episode): to be honest with each other, be true and never give up their identity, agreeing to take the risk to suffer immensely.

However the episode has been also so funny and sometimes so irresistible (not counting the return of my beloved dynamic Huddy) but somehow I got much more than the dramatic episode. So I must congratulate the writers that after seven years haven't lost their magic touch, as regards Hugh Laurie I can't find anymore the right words to describe the immensity of his talent that can highlight any kind of House's nuance (from the more comic than dramatic, not to mention all the feelings in the space between these two extremes); Lisa Edelstein is also entirely in keeping with her character and she is playing it in an ever more brilliant way; Robert Sean Leonard, as usual, expresses his great talent, he also knows how to play with facial expressions and I've seen all the other actors (the House's team) play in great harmony with their characters. Well I get the impression that each of them is playing with great passion and they are all intact and perfectly in the hand, almost as if it were their second skin (I missed 13 because during last season she played a very important role proving in great harmony with the emotions of House. I hope she'll come back soon).

Finally. When I was a child I had a game that enchanted me (and still fascinates me): a kaleidoscope. I could stay for a long time looking at those colors that, thanks to a small movement of my hand, turned on themselves forming new figures ever. It was a magical game. House MD is proving more and more equal to a kaleidoscope and I never get tired of looking for, because just through a small movement (in this case the choice of any reading key or different perspective) we'd be able to find ever new and surprising meanings. And each of you contribute with your comments to form this suggestive kaleidoscope.

I've read the review on Fancast, a very silly way to watch House.
I appreciate just the emotional intelligence and thinking people.

P.S. I'm still avoiding sneek peaks and your comment about that stuff! ;-)))
heart
@Fran, your comment is amazingly well written and there's so mcuh truth in the things you said. You spoke my mind so clearly as I haven't been able to do myself. Let me quote you...

"to be able to love someone else you must first be able to love yourself....what might appear as selfishness is actually the most complete form of altruism"

"People who have a relationship, to remain united and to be consistent, do not have to give up their individuality....if we change, we need to change together, no sacrifices from anyone....be honest with each other, be true and never give up their identity, agreeing to take the risk to suffer immensely"

I think you truly hit it in the nail here. One of the things I love about this show the most, is indeed the way the POTW storyline entwines on a deeper more significant level with the main arcs of the show. The perfect way in which they mirror each other is another great proof of the high quality of this show....I think they're truly handling Huddy in the most wonderful, truthful way possible. They are adressing, step by step, all the little problems and proofs a relationship might need to face in order to grow and get stronger and significant. Yor words say it all wonderfully.

"as regards Hugh Laurie I can't find anymore the right words to describe the immensity of his talent that can highlight any kind of House's nuance (from the more comic than dramatic, not to mention all the feelings in the space between these two extremes)"

No need to say I agree with you completely. This man, ep after ep, amazes me as no other actor has ever been able to. Nor any living person actually. I so deeply admire him, I don't really know what to add. What he does with his eyes and mimick expressions...the way he succeds in conveying happiness, concern, love, caring, sufference, pain...all the emotions that human nature is capable to conceive. He is just plain wonderful as an actor. He truly deserved that Emmy....he is the most talented TV actor I have ever seen. I dare to say he is the best I have ever seen around...when you make a movie, you do just have to be your character for a short period of time. It takes training and talent too, but the number of psychological changes your character may experience is inevitably small. Besides the audience will buy what you sell to it, so to speak. They won't be analizing coherence...you can't be judged out of character, b/c you ARE the character. The only possible version of him. Take it or leave. On stage it just works the same. You can like it or now, but you don't have the time to dissect the performance through and through while watching...time is narratively condensed on purpose so you just take it for what it is. The psychological development of a character can't go any further than a certain extent. And basically you're willing to accept different style of performing on stage.

But on TV...with sth so well written, and carefully conceited as House...it's like witnessing the real inner grow of someone you feel like you know, deep inside. It's like you were watching real tv. TV shows, after all, are meant to rely on a degree of realism that is almost naturalistic. Of course each narrative universe obeys to its own rules...but you see it's like with book sagas...coherence is everything. It's a delicate task...everthing must be in perfect balance for so much longer than just a few pages or some takes. It's a work in progress that requires a greta deal of talent.
The audience has all the time to dissect the show, ep after ep, season after season. And we have been observing every single moves he makes, studying every single gesture...every tiny little hints suggesting change or screaming whatever emotion his character was supposed to feel. And it just amazes me how carefully and perfectly he is able to work on that. Being coherent to one's character, understanding him so deeply and being able to apply to him the changes he needs to be different and his old self at the same time...as if he truly were a real person, with a history, a past, feelings, expectations, fears it's just semething he makes look so easy. It's pure magic what he does. It's seven years already...seven years he have made his character more real than reality itself.

"Well I get the impression that each of them is playing with great passion and they are all intact and perfectly in the hand, almost as if it were their second skin"

Maybe this is how they do it. Especially H&L. And they have said that, repetedly, in different interviews...Lisa said she always finds a bit of herself in the character she plays in order to "bond with it", so to speak. Feel it, under her skin. Hugh, in the latest interview, also said sth about laughing all by himself at House's jokes as if her were recalling some of a friend of his. Maybe the truth is, as the years have passed by, some tiny part of them have truly become their characters.

@Bea: fully agree. The rest is "unwritten", but the essence is there, and it's so strong... House is deeply scared, as we knew he would be. It makes PERFECT sense. He doesn't believe he deserves to be loved, to be happy. He doesn't think it can last... But Lisa can, and will, reassure him until he finally gaines a sense of confidence.

@Fran: your post is lovely, and very true.
Let's also keep in mind that any selfless act is a selfish act too. Matter in case, House is trying to anihilate his self in order to please Cuddy, but in fact, his motivation is selfish, and that is, not to lose her. It is a very powerful illustration of how deeply he loves and needs her, because we know that House gives up on anything, but his true self. This time, he knows that he would not be able to survive without her, so he is all in, even leaving his self out of it.
WHAT A MAJOR CONTRADICTION between words and deeds... In "Now What", House argued that he can't change and will hurt her for sure. In reality, we see him not only changing, but denying his own self so that he can make her happy...

Of course this is unhealthy, and it will not last. Cuddy is more than capable to prove to him that her love is truly unconditional. Like a million times before, her acceptance, understanding and love will be the fountain of life from which he will draw the power to be himself - knowing that he is loved for himself.

Of course, THIS is the number one challenge of the relationship - and of House's life. Is his self-worth so damaged, that not even the miracle this woman is offering will be able to give him faith?... Can her love ultimately make him believe that he is worthy of being loved, of being happy?

I think the answer will be in between. House cannot be healed, but Cuddy will give him the strength to carry on, even if he will never learn to be happy and balanced and healthy.

No need to say how fully i agree with both Fran and Bea in regard to Hugh and the magic of "House"... I just defended the show with claws and nails on Barbara's - those Huddy haters are getting idiotic beyond any decency...
heart
@fran2 @Bea @DB: You are incredible girls!!!You formulate perfectly the essence of House's fears and doubts!

Each episode assures me deeper and deeper about how well-written and coherent this series is! House is not just a character, he is someone real living with us with his authenticity and complexity, which makes him outstanding and more interesting than an average, normal, balanced man. And we can't forget that House is not only mean, misanthrope and unhappy. It would be too easy!He is much more than that!His intelligence, extraordinary way of thinking and analyzing things, his sensitivity creates him SOMEONE! And the parts of his personality which can't be explained by words!
Oh yes, he is the most incredible man we've ever known!;)And he always be...
@Bea and Fran--wonderful, beautiful words. I have honestly never thought about the "loving as yourself" part Fran, and I consider loving others to be the most important thing and one of my strong beliefs. I would have said that you have to be able to love yourself and if you aren't happy and secure in who you are then another person can not make you that way. I've never thought of it in the context of that quote though. The boy's sacrifice reminded me of the biblical quote "there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends" The part about the kaledescope was such a lovely metaphor. @Bea-that was wonderfully insightful and so well written. I would attend a lecture and be complety engrossed by all these topics presented by the incrediably talented people on here. By the way, I do not cry watching tv or movies often and I found myself fighting back tears with the ending scene between the brother and sister.
heart
On a superficial note today I was thinking that so far we've seen House: convince Cuddy to take the day off work, plan a dream vacation (AND he indicates that it is fine with him if Cuddy chooses to bring Rachel) give Cuddy flowers, and a stuffed animal. Seems to me that he is a pretty great boyfriend :)
kiss
@bea @DeliaB @TLH @mysusp Thank you for your beautiful feedback that are all food for thought and allow me to make further progress in my reflections. I could simply quote every single word of your comments but not wanting to be lengthy I choose only few parts to quote.

@bea
"But on TV...with sth so well written, and carefully conceited as House...it's like witnessing the real inner grow of someone you feel like you know, deep inside. It's like you were watching real tv" ........"Being coherent to one's character, understanding him so deeply and being able to apply to him the changes he needs to be different and his old self at the same time...as if he truly were a real person, with a history, a past, feelings, expectations, fears it's just semething he makes look so easy. It's pure magic what he does. It's seven years already...seven years he have made his character more real than reality itself.".........."Lisa said she always finds a bit of herself in the character she plays in order to "bond with it", so to speak. Feel it, under her skin. Hugh, in the latest interview, also said sth about laughing all by himself at House's jokes as if her were recalling some of a friend of his. Maybe the truth is, as the years have passed by, some tiny part of them have truly become their characters."
So well said. In particular with regard to HL I have got the idea that interpreting House has been for him a kind of psychotherapy (I will absolutely not be disrespectful or go forth from invading his privacy, mine is only a hypothesis) because it allowed him to come to terms with the parts of himself with which he was probably in conflict, the nodes that he could not dissolve. My guess is also based on the clear serenity that lately he manifests.

@DeliaB
"Matter in case, House is trying to anihilate his self in order to please Cuddy, but in fact, his motivation is selfish, and that is, not to lose her. It is a very powerful illustration of how deeply he loves and needs her, because we know that House gives up on anything, but his true self. This time, he knows that he would not be able to survive without her, so he is all in, even leaving his self out of it."
To be honest, this aspect is what worries me most and in Selfish we’ve taken just a brief look of it observing the 'boy mirror' when he says to his sister 'I could not live without you'.

"House cannot be healed, but Cuddy will give him the strength to carry on, even if he will never learn to be happy and balanced and healthy."
Let me say that I very much appreciate your unconditional and always well-argued faith in the duration of this relationship. When I have doubts I read your comments to feel better :-)

I've read your comment about the ratings on BB blog and I totaly agree with you but I have not commented on that topic because it reminds me of the inevitable conclusion of Huose MD: I know that sooner or later it will end up but I don't want to think about that.....I need my time to go into mourning

@TLH
"House is not just a character, he is someone real living with us with his authenticity and complexity"
Exactly. The strength of House is this: the ability to unleash the powerful identification's mechanisms of all us that are still loving this series so much.

@Mysusp
"I do not cry watching tv or movies often and I found myself fighting back tears with the ending scene between the brother and sister."
That scene has sparked a real emotional storm. On me it had a huge emotional impact.

"AND he indicates that it is fine with him if Cuddy chooses to bring Rachel"
Do you know what surprised me about this scene? That House has said it so .... peacefully. Great man! :-))))

P.S. Before reading your comments I happened to read (what a strange twist of fate!) a random quote from an Indian Poet who wrote: Selfishness kills the soul, destroy it. Take care, however, that your altruism does not kill the soul of others.
wink
I thank you all for your kind words girls :) also love reading @mysus's posts....maybe we should learn sth from her syntetic skills XD We do write some long ones :P

"By the way, I do not cry watching tv or movies often and I found myself fighting back tears with the ending scene between the brother and sister"

Same here....I am not easily moved by sth or someone. But this scene I found particulary touching.

"so far we've seen House: convince Cuddy to take the day off work, plan a dream vacation (AND he indicates that it is fine with him if Cuddy chooses to bring Rachel) give Cuddy flowers, and a stuffed animal"

XD Is there a limit to the amount of love one can feel for this man and the writers behind him? I think not.

@fran:

"I know that sooner or later it will end up but I don't want to think about that.....I need my time to go into mourning"

LANDMINE!!!!
cool
also love reading @mysus's posts....maybe we should learn sth from her syntetic skills XD We do write some long ones :P

Um, I'm just lazy...LOL. Seriously everyone is so knowlegable and intelligent. I feel like I should be wearing black and a beret while drinking coffee and playing the bongos (60's Greenwich Village or Audrey Hepburn Funny Face) while listening to you girls. :)
laugh
Aaah, JUST finished reading..(phew!) & rather late to page 20, so will simply join in the chorus...singing YESSSSS..nodding head up/down with @mysusp's bongo drums & all you inspiring fans!

@fran, ha..your pc-virus brought you a kiss..not bad. Just glad you recovered the "serious post" from your files to share, that was really wonderful-smart. The show speaks on so many meaningful levels, that frankly anyone blessed with an attention span and a heart..(oh & kalidescope)..can see!

@Bea, "a work in progress," that is the same way I view (H)ouse too!!
@Delia, eloquent as always!!!
wink
"I should be wearing black and a beret while drinking coffee and playing the bongos"

XD XD XD

I am off to bed my ladies....have a nice evening! I'll drop by tomorrow but I don't know whether I'll catch up with you all. I am leaving for the weekend and I'll be back by Monday of course :P
DUH. My computer ate my long reply to you ladies. Just fuck it.

Essence of it (the rest, maybe later):

DON'T MAKE HOUSE LIVE WITHOUT HER.
DON'T MAKE US LIVE WITHOUT THEM.
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
@Fran2 -love your neighbor as yourself. It's a rule that, with the time's passage, is provided to different meanings. My favorite meaning is related to the "as yourself": to be able to love someone else you must first be able to love yourself.

I just wrote a fanific that had a little of that concept. Loving yourself is the true essence of life and the only way to give those around you the best gift you have; and that is to give them a part of you. Nurturing all of our talents and abilities and then giving them back out to people that are in our lives is what makes us all better and fulfilled. When we realize that our talents are given to be used to make the world around us a better place then we realize we are just doing our part.

For me, House and the relationship with Cuddy is all about this. Cuddy, a very intelligent, successful, beautiful, and energetic woman took her talent and makes the people around her better doctors and better people. She has used her authority only to keep people from getting hurt. She had never needed to show someone she was the boss. This points to the fact that she knows who she is and is not looking to prove herself. She makes everyone around her better.
 @Fran2 -love your neighbor as yourself. It's a rule that, with the time's passage, is provided to dif
hampir setahun yang lalu kibby said…
big smile
Is that House's *cough* package *cough* in that last picture?!

Hum, sorry that wasn't very inkeeping with the intelligent conversation gracing this page but sometimes a girl can't help but speak her mind XD.
wink
One of the best Huddy dialogues ever :D

Thought it was worth sharing ;)
I finally took the time to read all your wonderful posts. I have nothing more to say. You are all so wonderful

Selfish was an amazing episode on so many different levels, I have immense faith that the writers will handle this season perfectly.

@fran, I loved the kaleidoscope thing...how true!

@Bea, I was about to post that video! seems we always find the same things on TW!