Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1051-1100 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
Great way to carry on the conversation, ladies:)

@RRENNIE: "the irony is, neither would leave" - this comment of yours has already been quoted, so i'll just say that i could not agree more. I think that is exactly the esence of it, and boy, is it beautiful...

"I think one thing the show needs to wrestle with a little more is House being an addict - that doesn't just go away once you go through rehab. He struggles with it all the time, and their increased intimacy should give Cuddy glimpses of that and, particularly because of Rachel, scare her. I think that is a more realistic and less cruel avenue for them to "tangle".

GREAT one! And i hope they do go there. It has great, great potential!

Speaking of pain. I have a friend who is a screenplay writer, who said that she would have made "Massage Therapy" just about that: House's worries regarding the relationship inflict more psycho-somatic pain, he needs the massage, Cuddy catches on it and worries about his pain and his insecurities.

@TAMMYR: "Once they realize they can be crazy and still have each other the passion will ensue".

I fully agree - i have made this point a million times by now: they are walking on eggshells. As time passes, love is expressed, problems are resolved and obstacles are bypassed, confidence builds up. As confidence builds up, they feel free to be themselves fully. And that's when the really spectacular sparks ensue.

@BEA: "I don't think he will risk his life on purpose. I think he most likely will find himself at some sort of ethical crossroads. Once he had probably put himself in whatever kind of jeopardy just for the sake of it: his life barely meant something to him, since he has nothing to lose. And even then, deep down inside him, there was a burning craving desire for life. You remember final scene in the season 4 finale?"

Yeap. Yeap. Yeap. Yeap. That is EXACTLY what i meant. And i think your scenario sounds just plausible:)

@BEA: "There's no way back: all-in, either they conquer it all, or they're gonna be miserable for the rest of their lives."

So true. Unfortunately, i believe that it would be more than misery for House:( It would be massive self-destruction or suicide:( I pray nobody of the TPTB has the balls to go there. It would be spectacular and memorable alright, but it would also be like killing off Harry Potter and i think that no "House" fan would ever forgive them.
hampir setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
Aaahh so many intelligent comments...my sad teenage mind feels inferior. :(

@fran "Well, I know that (reasonably) the relationship between H and C should be developed as all of you describe it, but sometimes I can't hold off my unreasonable masochistic side."

Yes! I couldn't agree with you more...I am a horrible masochist sometimes. Or sadist? Because masochist means someone who enjoys inflicting pain upon themselves, while sadists enjoy seeing pain inflicted upon other people...perhaps it's both. Ha, wow, and now I sound really messed up. Hopefully you know what I mean...there's just something about that heart-wrenching feeling that you get that's just so damn addicting. Do you watch British period dramas? Because those are masochist HEAVEN. P&P, North and South, Jane Eyre, Persuasion...all of them have those heart-wrenching scenes, that are made all the better because they are followed by sweet happy endings. Am I sounding really shallow for wanting that? Yes, yes I am.

Okay, I will attempt to sound more rational/intelligent like you lot. Not an easy task, but I'll try my best...ahem.

@BH "One complaint about the epi, I think @fran mentioned too, was POTW's daughter..acting way off."

TOTALLY agree. I was watching it on justin.tv, where there's a chatbox thing on the right hand side, and everyone (including me) thought that the daughter had poisoned the mom and the baby. Someone at one point even said "Okay, either the daughter did it, or she's just a horrible actor." It turned out to be the latter. That's strange, since House's guest actors are usually really good...at least the daughter wasn't the central POTW. I thought Amy Irving was amazing in Unwritten, but I can't really remember how Jennifer Grey did...I suppose she was good, though.

@Delia Harry Potter! Haha, sorry, I'm just a little too obsessed...HP was basically my childhood. Part 1 of The Deathly Hallows is coming out sooonnn...I must say, the movies don't come close to the books, but they do have AMAZING special effects. I like Michael Gambon, though, so I'm sad that he's gone now...well I suppose he'll be playing a dead body in some of the scenes. That's alright, I guess xD

Oops, went off-topic. To quote you, quoting @Bea "There's no way back: all-in, either they conquer it all, or they're gonna be miserable for the rest of their lives." So true. Unfortunately though, as @rrennie put it, "Hell, that's scary shit." I agree that Huddy is all or nothing for both House and Cuddy (Wilson knew this as well). Seriously, if it doesn't work out for them, then it's never going to work with anyone else. To quote this spot, House and Cuddy were made for each other. But sometimes, that might not be enough. Things change, people change, and sometimes soulmates only realize that they should be together forever when it's too late.

Well, on that optimistic note, let's move on! Personally, I don't think that TPTB will have the balls to kill House. Unless that's their series-ender. Which it shouldn't be, as it would be rather lame. This isn't 24. However, my main problem with a possible House-suicide is that THE SHOW WOULD END. And I firmly believe that House should go on forever. And ever. And ever. And ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. Until Hugh is 200 bajillion years old, and his and Lisa's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-­gre­at-­gre­at-­gre­at-­gra­ndc­hil­dre­n make up half of the world's population (the other half is married to them). Then, the world will be populated solely by gorgeous people with dark brown hair, stunning blue eyes, wide smiles and joyous laughs and very faint British accents. It will be a world of Huli-bots. The only people left, other than the Huli extended family of 8 billion people, would be us. And we would bask in the awesomeness of all the TV shows that now all have Huddy in them: "CSI: Huddy", "Dancing with the Huddies", "Huddy & Friends, "Huddy's Anatomy" (hmm, sounds vaguely dirty), "Huddy-4" (24...I know that it's already over, but they would revive it just for Huddy)...and, since "Jon and Kate Plus 8" is gone, the most popular reality show would be "Hugh and Lisa Plus 8 (Billion)".

Have I gone a little too far with this? Don't worry, this is just the way I stall when I'm supposed to be doing homework...*sigh*

Well, I recall that I had some faintly intelligent things to say. But, as always, I've forgotten them. What's that? You don't believe that I can be intelligent? Okay, you would be right. I am not. And this is partly evidenced by the fact that I am talking to myself. It is completely normal. COMPLETELY NORMAL I TELL YOU.

Ah, as I am legitimately going insane, I think I should shut up now. I seem to only be humiliating myself. But just one last thing--HUDDYLOVE FOREVER!!!

:D
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
@Delia:

"it would also be like killing off Harry Potter"

I am a major Harry Potter fan, but even a comparison like this doesn't convey the proportions of the emotional distruction House's death might cause to fans' hearts. I loved the Twilight Books too but...if Bella or Edaward would have died, I'd accepted it as part of a narrative arc that was meant to end that way. It's inevitability of fate and our own life choice's that make some stories so great: from Romeo&Juliet to Harry Potter the point is, as long as it makes sense and you felt overwhelmed by it, it's ok. And you can cope with that because after all Harry is a fictional character and nothing more. It's not Daniell Radcliff cause any die-hard fan can tell you that "actor" is not Harry Potter. It's just a story...sound real while you're reading it and you're totally hooked and overwhelmed but it's not like having one the most compelling character in the history of television actually taking life before your eyes.

And you know, maybe it has something to do with the power of images, but House isn't just House. House is the way Hugh plays it. And 7 years of devoted fan-girl-ism (this is totally mine :P) are not like 7 books of the most acclaimed saga worldwide. You spend 7 years of your life in which once a week you feel like you're really living somebody eles' life: he is there and he is totally alive. You're THERE with him. He is a person with issues and unspoken desires; he has a past and he is in pain and he struggles to have a future, year after year and you're there feeling what he feels....you do come to love him. Soul and body *zip lips on the body part*

So killing House off would be....the ultimate cruelty. Like a real friend would die before my eyes. It's too painful to even think to such a scenario. Just immagine Cuddy...that will leave me with a nasty taste in my mouth for ever.

Shows are not like movies or books....you become attached. Much more IMO than with Sagas. It's special 'cause they are there in the flesh and if they act like Hugh and Lisa do, they are real for you. I can't immage how a producer can think to do such a think to his own character...
@Rrennie: not only would i never forgive them, i would never recover from it:( I remember how devastated i was after BSN, spending a whole summer with my mind nearly gone. The first two weeks, i was bursting into tears on the street and in public... And then we were far from all hope being gone...
To have "House" end badly for House and Huddy would be a trauma that i would carry with me for the rest of my life.

I approve of that scenario for an episode. I think it would be very meaningful to see a very clear expression of the "none of them can ever let go" theme. So far, we only got relatively tiny obstacles that they overcame with relative ease. When something big appears (maybe the next episode, the controversial decision that shakes them up? or Cuddy's mother arc?), then it will be time for a HUGE comittment gesture that will really mean a lot.

House's fear can be explained on pages and pages. Cuddy represents more than his life now - he invested her with such tremendous power. I don't know if we ever discussed my theory about how Cuddy is his archetypal mother figure, who has given him what his real mother hadn't, for years, and who is his one grand chance at being accepted and loved unconditionally. If you want to hear it, let me know...

However, let's look at it like this: the real moment when the show began to step away from the formula, with the predictable consequence of ratings dropping, was season 6. Season 6 was given to House so that he can be ready for the relationship with Cuddy - it was his therapeutic season, which has brought huge changes in him. They made NO compromise for the sake of ratings, in order to please the haters and other shippers etc. NO COMPROMISE. And it has cost them in terms of ratings, but they stayed true to their creative vision and they built Huddy up in perfect accordance to the psychological structure of the characters.
So i am not scared about them falling into cheap approaches on Huddy. I think they have proved that they are dead serious about doing this right.
@BEA: "Shows are not like movies or books....you become attached. Much more IMO than with Sagas. It's special 'cause they are there in the flesh and if they act like Hugh and Lisa do, they are real for you. I can't immage how a producer can think to do such a think to his own character..."

I completely agree to your entire post. Completely.

I also feel like the other possibilities (ending it on a cliffhanger or leaving him off pretty much where he started: without Cuddy, alone, miserable) suck too. What would have been the point of getting 60 million people witnessing and actually LIVING his journey together with him? Loving him, wishing him the best, living his emotions, becoming a part of his life?...

@HLF: On "House" ending as a series: i am working my way towards accepting that. I feel like this season has helped me with that - i feel like his (and our) struggles have been rewarded and that his journey is approaching its climax - this year, all circumstances are right for him to reach the ultimate level of healing that he possibly can. So i would actually be OK if this was the last season, PROVIDED THAT it ends on a clearly positive House and Huddy note.

Of course i would be sad, of course i would miss them like crazy, of course i would feel like my life has suddenly gone empty - but i would be ok, because i would find peace in the idea that, for the rest of my life, i will feel that this journey (mine and his) have been worth it. I would rewatch "House", for the rest of my life, with pleasure and sweet nostalgia, but without pain. I would celebrate his humanity and their love - instead of mourning for it.
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@HLforever "Hopefully you know what I mean...there's just something about that heart-wrenching feeling that you get that's just so damn addicting. Do you watch British period dramas? Because those are masochist HEAVEN. "
YES! I know what you mean XD XD XD

@DeliaB @bea @rrennie and ALL of you that today wrote so smart comments....forgive me please! I'm thinking about your comments but now I haven't the time to add some opinion. I'm processing...

@BH - I loved Hector-dog..I miss him (or it???) so much :-))
 @HLforever "Hopefully anda know what I mean...there's just something about that heart-wrenching feelin
big smile
"Shows are about the exceptions, the underdogs who triumph, the UNpredictable...To me, I'd feel like a family member died"

I thought I would sound overlydramatic to you when I said it would like a friend died on me, but I see with all feel the same way.

On a side note...you've a daugther too? I feel so young. Everyone seemed married with children around here lately...maybe I should think about it :P BTW, I read sth of your FF. Couldn't read it all cause I had to study...it was the one about the streep-game...WOW! Juicy! I was loving it so much :D

hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
Aaaah hello there Hector..in my "soothing voice." LOL.

Only quick to say I've always wondered if DS has considered or will treat House's fate in any way like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did with Sherlock Holmes..which is to kill him off in a "blaze of glory" a final battle of wits that rid the world of a criminal monster & his nemisis Moriarity. However, there was such an uproar by fans, and enough doubt about Sherlock's actual death in this story, (like..he could have survived) that Sir Doyle gave in & brought Sherlock back to life. Just a thought.

House like Harry is such a life force...that MUST be allowed to live on in our hearts forever.

P.S. Thanks @HLF..for that chatbox info on potw's daughter..interesting.
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
You ladies had a great conversation today.

@Bea - So my two cents on the matter, if I had to guess blindly, are that he will put himself in danger in order to save a life....maybe it might have sth to do with Hannah and his sense of guitl for not having beeing quick enough in deciding what to do....IDK. Anyway, maybe he will find himself uncapable of walking away from doing the right choice. Cuddy changed him, whether he liked it or not. And I would guess Cuddy will be scared to death and also admired, and angry and glad he didn't die in the process of being the hero who saved the day :P

I think this will be the episode that turns a little. they have treated this like a piece of glass so far. That is not a bad thing it shows they value the presence of each other in their lives. But, it is kind of like when anyone starts dating they put their best foot forward if it is truly what they want.
Now, it is time for them to get back to who they are and they are going to find that with all the flaws and the problems they have an endless love.

@DB - "I think one thing the show needs to wrestle with a little more is House being an addict - that doesn't just go away once you go through rehab. He struggles with it all the time, and their increased intimacy should give Cuddy glimpses of that and, particularly because of Rachel, scare her. I think that is a more realistic and less cruel avenue for them to "tangle".

Here is the episodes that could win them the emmy if they do it right. If it was just he was an addict, but he has pain. If he was actually living with that procedure he would have days that he would rather cut that leg off than go another minute with that kind of pain.
Remember, there has always been something between House and Cuddy. the gravest of situations does not have to end this love affair. He has got to know somewhere down the road she handle "his pain."
everyone of us needs that person that can handle our pain. There is always an answer. It is not always the one we want but if there is someone to walk it out with us we can get through this journey.

@Bh - House drinking right out of juice carton again in front of Rachel! Cool..because that was a "crime" in my house.

We weren't allowed to go to the refrigertor and open the door.
@tammy That promo just triggered a HUMONGOUS blast from the past. I remember the exact moment that the flash of Huddy sex came on: I, huddled in the corner where I had been for months, weak and Huddy-starved, literally felt my jaw drop. Then, I had to rewind it and watch it about fifty more times before it sunk into my shriveled (lack of Huddy) brain, and REVITALIZED ME. It took me about fifty more times after that to stop screaming every time I saw that clip. And then, of course, they had to go and fucking CUT THE STEAMIER SEX SCENES and give us about FIVE FUCKING SECONDS OF ACTUAL HUDDY SEX. Argh. I feel like ranting now, but actually...no. I'm just depressed thinking about the hiatus that we're going through. Ah. Huddy FF Thread, will you be enough to sustain me?
@HL - It reminds you of who they are in each other's life. we are going to write great fanfics and figure out that this is going to be an amazing season. No matter what they were destined for each other. It was not even what David Shore had pictured but the chemistry was too great. We are going to do fanart and videos and fanfic and celebrte huli and huddy.
Broken beyond repair is how they found each other but in each other's brokenness they found new life and a love that will last through the ages.
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
Goodness you all wrote so much.

@HL "Then, the world will be populated solely by gorgeous people with dark brown hair, stunning blue eyes, wide smiles and joyous laughs and very faint British accents."
You're incredible, I laughed so hard at this. Oh the places out Huli-magination will take us! :P

@Bea: "On a side note...you've a daugther too? I feel so young. Everyone seemed married with children around here lately...maybe I should think about it :P"
haha, I feel the same way most of the time, you all (even you) seem to have so much more life experience than me. On the other hand (side note- now when I hear or say 'on the other had' I can't help but htinking of Cuddy saying 'On the other hand, I might dump you if you don't talk to me when you have a problem with or relationship!) so. on the other hand I comfort myself when I realize that mature, grown women who have full lives actually take the time to come here and be crazy and obsessive with the rest of us naive little girls.

On a more serious note. I agree with your Harry Potter, books/movies are different than TV explanation. I actually haven't thought too much about how I would feel if House (or even Cuddy) died OR what it'll be like when the show ends. BUT as @DB pointed out, the House writers have been wonderful so far and I think it would be 'the easy (and cheap, and disapointing) way out for them to just kill him off, no matter how justifiable it is. I and don't think (at least I deeply hope) that they won't go that route. All I can say is that I really don't want to be whoever has to write the series finale! haha

I think I already said this somewhere but I think the 'House risking his life' episode has tremendous potential and I hope they use it. Also, I think Cuddy's mom's arrival could trigger fantastic moments of growth for House and Cuddy as people and as a couple. I don't know how to explain this but for sure her mom will have a strong opinion about House and whether it's positive or negative we should get great House moments.

Someone said (can't recall who) that shows deal with the exception to the way people would act or the way situations would actually happen(or something to that effect) and I just wanted to add that they deal with the 'Uncommon'...and therefore, Huddy is perfect.

ok I don't know what I'm saying anymore I'm shutting up and going to read rrennie's fics! :P
smile
"Also, I think Cuddy's mom's arrival could trigger fantastic moments of growth for House and Cuddy as people and as a couple"

Couldn't agree more. Hope they'll be able to play their cards....I should check, somewhere realiable this time, the writers. I'll pay a visit to some website later ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
tongue
how much did you write?????????? do you want me dead?? :-)
I'm pretty sure she's in more than one but I don't know when
I realize this doesn't help you at all :P
that's pretty much what I had in mind @rrennne
I think it's a likely scenario too...
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
@ rennie yes I realise this maybe late but from what I have heard cuddy's mom is in ep 9 after the hiatus and 1 more possbly either ep 12 or 13 not sure on that one but ep 9 is on for the first appearance thats definate I am sorry if you have already beng told this
heart
Hate hiatus...they make me nostalgic and then I end up hurting myself rewatching the old eps; and then I get more and more restless; and I start going thorugh the pics and the vids; it gets even more addictive than usual...

You know in Italy when the new season comes along, they air two eps a week...and one follows the other, the very same night. It's like a House party!!! God I miss those times, but then I am uncapable of waiting for the new season to be aired her...I can't stand the feeling someone else in the rest of the world already knows sth I don't :P

It all started from here 'cause as the philosopher Jagger said "You can't always get what you want" although Cuddy fired back pointing out that "sometimes, if you try...you get what you need".

Agaist our better prediction, we got both. Sometimes I still can't believe it =,)
 Hate hiatus...they make me nostalgic and then I end up hurting myself rewatching the old eps; and the
laugh
"At least my mind can work something over besides, "OMG I love them!"

Yeah well I stumbled into some pics today...and that's exactly what I thought "OMG! I love them" XD I feel so nerd sometimes XD This woman, I do think she has casted some spell on me or sth....my devotion to her isn't normal :P
 "At least my mind can work something over besides, "OMG I Cinta them!" Yeah well I stumbled into som
hampir setahun yang lalu ankcuta said…
100% agree with you @rrennie!
mischievous
"So why the F*** am I ignoring him half this fall to obsess about this crazy fictional relationship?!?!"

Must be a virus....hitting randomly in different countries XD

God this cap, whatever the quality are just beautiful...
 "So why the F*** am I ignoring him half this fall to obsess about this crazy fictional relationship?!
hampir setahun yang lalu evropia said…
I want the full opening scene...I really need my fix and we are still in the begining...I hope it won't take long before they start showing promos with a little huddy in them...
Bea I see the studying is going well! :P
 Bea I see the studying is going well! :P
heart
I hope they'll put that opening scene in the DVDs. If they do, they'll be the first thing I buy one minute after the realease XD

@Anon I am done for the day. It's 8.30 pm XD I have studied 6 hours in the afternoon XD Ok, I had some breaks...but still :P

@rrennie, I know. I swear...it's not that I am biased, but I have never seen such scenes on TV...such a perfection.
 I hope they'll put that opening scene in the DVDs. If they do, they'll be the first thing I buy one m
big smile
Yeah!!! I want to read that! Bring it on! :D A huli one? Oh God... XD
:D
I'm watching S1 and the old school Huddy is so great. and as someone mentionned, sometimes it's weird seeing Huddy not together haha
 :D I'm watching S1 and the old school Huddy is so great. and as someone mentionned, sometimes it's we
@rrennie: you're wirting a Huli fic then???
squeeee!
I've loved everything you wrote so far, can't wait for this. anything new being posted soon?
It's interesting what you're saying.
When I first watched S1 I don't remember being a Hameron, or a Huddy, I was totally Hacy in S2 though. Now that I am re-watching it for the God-knows-how-many-th-time I can actually see where Hamerons come from. I do. But the Huddy is also there there's so much of it.
And I feel it's clear that House and Cuddy aren't actually being mean to each other, but that they do have this underlying relationship which allows them to act like this and know that it'll be fine.

I don't know if it makes sense. But i think it's so obvious ever from season 1 now that we know all that we know.

About the infarction. I think at one point it's mentioned that House has been working there 8 years? We know it's been 5 yrs since Stacy left him and the infarction happened when he was with her so I would guess it was about I don't know maybe 12 yrs after med school?
It's pretty much explained in "Three Stories"
They should have amputated but House didn't want to. He went in a coma to get through the pain and while he was out Stacy and Cuddy decided on the 'middle ground' as they called it, where they take out the muscle instead of cutting the whole leg. That's why House is pissed at Stacy, because they did that without his consent. And that's why Stacy and Cuddy feel 'guilty'.

I have a feeling House started working at PPTH after the infarction, he got kicked out of other hospitals and Cuddy took him in because A) she knew him (and cared about him) and B) she probably felt guilty for the amputation thing. But I could be wrong, that's just the way I see it.

I don't think anyone thought of the infarction (again "Three Stories") until it was too late for his leg. As brilliant as House is, he can't always know everything.
On thing I didn't get from "Three Stories" is that earlier on, House mentions 3 patients that he gradually diagnoses with the class, but the one who represents him is pictured as a drug addict trying to find a fix. I'm not sure if that means House was an addict BEFORE the infarction occurred, or if I was wrong and that 'guy' wasn't actually an addict but he was in pain (from the infarction) or what. I've seen that episode many many time and I'm still confused by that part.
hampir setahun yang lalu FrenchHuddyGirl said…
I feel nostalgic when I rewatch old seasons *Time goes by so fast...*

I've been Halone from the begining to Stacy, then Housy, and Huddy since season 3 ^^

I know that at the end of season 1, it's been 5 years since his infarction and I guess they broke up right after (maybe a few months) and we also know they stayed together for 5 years. So at the end of season 1, it's been 10 years since his first meeting with Stacy. Also, I think Cuddy hired him after the infarction... What I've always found odd, that's in "three stories", we don't see Wilson at all (in the flashbacks I mean) whereas they were already friends...

In fact, when House arrived at the hospital with this horrible pain, the doctors tought it was an infection, so they gave him antibiotics and told him to rest, but the pain went mad, and he finally diagnosticed himself : he suggested to his doctors the idea of the infarction. When Cuddy saw that, she decided to take his case. She suggested ampution, he disagreed and wanted a surgery in order to "destruct" the clot but the pain was horrible when he woke up, and decided he wanted to be put in coma. During the coma, Stacy (who was legally in charge of the decisions) chose the compromise Cuddy proposed to her : remove the damaged pieces of muscle from his leg ! That's why they both feel guilty, even though they saved his life, they made him a disabled !

I hope that's helping you, sorry if it's not clear !
I am obsessed (as we all are) and I want to understand that (very important) part of the story too. those are my interpretations, it could be helpful if others pitched in too. I could be wrong!
Thanks @FHG It's true that we don't see Wilson, I had never really noticed. the thing is we don't know if he would have been working there already or not, so maybe he just wasn't even in the same city and that's why he wouldn't be there...who knows.

I have Barbara Barnett's book, maybe she explains it in there, I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I might check it out and come back to you.

@DB if you read this I'd love your opinion on this whole thing :P
hampir setahun yang lalu FrenchHuddyGirl said…
Anyway, this episode is brilliant but pretty harsh to understand, I had to watch it several times to understand it, and there are still shadows in my mind ^^ As you, @anonymously, I didn't really get the junkie story... I think this part was just in order to make the students understand they musn't always choose the most obvious explanation, but not sure :S
hampir setahun yang lalu KekaMC said…
cool
don´t forget to vote: www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vvot e.j sp? pol lId =11 001 5

you´re voting for lisa in the "favorite tv doctor" category as well, right?

it would be amazing if she gets 2 awards!!.. plus the huddy family one!! xD
God. I have missed you guys SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to find time to read what you people have been writing. I haven't entered this page in 3 days, which is more than has happened to me in over a year!

Apart from real life stuff that kept me away, i was caught up in this endless, horrible discussion on Barbara's page. One fan wrote smth about the Huddy-haters, and i replied that i find that concept absurd and that they are all frustrated because they didn't get their ships sailing. I made the mistake of calling the idea of shipping "House-Wilson as a romantic couple" idiotic - because frankly, i think it is, they are both written clearly as heterosexual.

Good Lord, hell broke loose!!!!!!!! There was this person there, who is a Hilson fan, who gave me hell for it. She argued that they can be bisexual or gay and she called me all kinds of things for saying that we cannot form an opinion on anything than what is written in the actual show - out of this, she understood that i say that only MY opinion is valid.... People joined in the fight, NOBODY agreed with the idea of Hilson being sexually attracted to each other, but some of them began throwing eggs at me for not accepting other people's opinions?!?!

It was one of the most absurd experiences of my life. I plan to spend as much time here as i possibly can, i have had enough of a surreal experience for now.

God, i've missed you guys:)
@Anon: sweetie, i'll catch up as soon as i can. I have some people over tonight and i only came here for a moment, but i'll read everything tonight or tomorrow and i'll reply to you all.

I am exhausted right now. Honestly, it was a really awkward and humiliating experience, having everything you say misinterpreted and twisted and thrown back at you. There was this person who joined in the discussion to say that i "hijacked" the blog and that anybody who doesn't agree with me cannot post anything on Barbara's?!?!
Guess what. It turns out, she changed her user name and is now posting under another name, so that i couldn't recognize her as this person whom i had a debate with IN JUNE!!!!!! She waited nearly 4 months to punish me for having an argument with her!!!!! And what an argument: i argued that House is an abused child, she argued that what his father did to him wasn't all that bad... She actually brought that up now, after 4 months, and that's how i recognized her.

Jesus Christ. Surreal experience, i'm telling you.
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
kiss
@Delia-I haven't been here for ages too, it feels like missing one hundred pages from a novel...:)I'm glad to read your posts again!:)

I feel sorry for your bad experiences on Barbara's, I honestly don't understand why some people can't respect others' opinion...I recommend you to stay here with us!:)
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
Delia dont let me small minded people get you down people like that dont respect each other opinion and as TLH said you just stay here with us you have friends here
Thank you, guys! You are so sweet! It feels like home, really!

PS: my guests are in the living room and i just spent 20 minutes reading the long list of spoilers posted here for eps 6 and 7. My heart is racing, my hands are trembling. I need to go back to the table, but BOY, will those be some episodes...
laugh
Someone is waiting for someone else to open a new thread *whistels*
heart
@Delia It's so damn ironic that the people who accuse others of not respecting other people's opinions DON'T RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS. Don't worry, you'll always have a safe place to go to here. We won't throw anything at you :)

@Bea Is a new thread something that everyone has decided on? If so, I can start it...
@Delia. I feel very sorry for your bad experience. You always seem to write such fantastic posts, you explain your opinions and base them on 'facts' and it really sucks (sorry for my lack of words) that even then you get caught up in these situations!

Take your time catching up. The conversation seems to have moved to Hugh-Laurious for now so there shouldn't be too much you have missed here

I'm in for a new thread too as long as we make it clear that we're 'closing' this one. One thing I don't need is another thread to go back and forth to lol.
Just wondering, though, what's wrong with staying in this thread? Is it a length issue? Because the Huli thread and other threads on this spot are WAY longer than this one.
smile
No, it's just that we usually start a fresh one, every once in a while. You know blank page and gives other people the chance to join if they want instead of worrying on catching up pages and pages of comments :)
Funny thing, you lovely ladies are discussing the episodes of the first season:)

I actually wrote down stuff on them when i re-watched all of "House" this summer, that's how impressed i am with how coherent and perfectly composed the characters are. Everything important about each of them is so visible in the Pilot episode.

All of House's major traits - especially his amazing humanity, his lucid, cynical, brilliant humanity, his deep understanding of the human nature, his respect for people and his desire for dignity (remember how someone said, in regard to "Baggage", that House is most afraid to be "pathetic" - which in my mind, equals his search for dignity and verticality, his fight to keep true to his principles and his resistance to any kind of abuse and authority - of course, because of what his father did to him as a child).

My impression on Cuddy, as she appears in season 1: good-hearted and so sharp, brilliant in her own way. Good sense of humor, she understands and pushes House's buttons in an unique manner. Very honest, very open, very fair. And the great chemistry, from the first second they share the screen.

On Cuddy’s way to be as blunt as possible in relation to House: She seems even abrupt sometimes, and that is only just response to House’s own way to insult and tease her, but i think there is more to it: Cuddy’s very direct lines are based on the same mechanism as Wilson’s funny sarcasm – to point out House’s mistakes and push him to correct them. What stands out most of all at the beginning of season 1 is her very abrupt way, albeit funny, to constantly remind him of his handicap. Notice how often House says „nice...” to her, in response to her blunt remarks about his physical inabilities? I believe that her attitude is (partly consciously, partly subconsciously) destined to get him to acknowledge his infirmity, to accept it and to learn to live with it, to be able to move on. From the pilot ep, we can see that he is in denial and that he is ashamed of his handicap. He is angry and he is still incapable to face his situation as it is and accept his new, physically damaged self. Of course, he still blames Stacy and Cuddy for it to some extent, and it all reinforced his belief that „the world hates him” and he doesn’t deserve to be happy. „You’d rather let me see your soul than your leg” („Frozen”) is a later reminder of this situation, and his silent call for Cuddy’s help to stand up in „Help Me” is the first real sign that he has made peace with his handicap.

On "Three Stories": i am afraid i cannot be of much help on the chronology:( I know that there is a controversy about it, and that the writers actually admitted they screwed up the timeline.

Nobody can really tell when did House and Wilson meet and when did each of them start working at PPTH. The information we got in various episodes is contradictory.

On the junkie thing: the two versions for it are the following:

- they are suggesting that House was already self-medicating for the pain in the leg OR for his depression, taking God knows what
- the doctors simply scrwed up and it made the situation worse, because dismissing him as a junkie made them lose more precious time

I believe the second version, nothing about the first one was ever mentioned. I think it's ironic that his leg got to a desperate state because the doctors screwed up and took him for a junkie, and it eventually led him to the real situation in which he did become a drug addict...

@Rrennie: you are too kind. Thank you.
Oh, i've been around the web, getting insulted:)