Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
Silvia was talking about it with a girl on TW @Anon.
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
thanks Bea
smile
BTW Guys, I remember one of you suggested we started a new theread since this one had already reached so many replies. I forgot to tell you. I have no problem with that. I would say we start it after the last ep before the break airs, but as you wish ;) Whoever wants can do it, I am ok with that of course.
before the holiday break or the 3 week break after episode 5
No I was thinking between ep 5 and 6.
ok. I think it's a good idea. I actually don't care when we start, I'll be there!
laugh
I think HuddyJoy suggested it. I gotta go to dinner XD I am running behind with my scheadule XD I was already supposed to be sleeping at 10 pm!!! XD Tomorrow is gonna be hard day, I know that. I happy one, 'cause it's Tuesday, but very hard. Sleep deprivation I see ahead for me :P
alright, well go do your thing, and let me know when you're ready to watch! I'll be waiting. :D
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
@Anon: sweetheart, i am of no use on the schedule thing:(
I have heard many versions and i have no idea which one to believe. Some say we have 3 eps in October and 3 eps in November...

What i meant with regard to the wedding is what i read in the TV Guide article and in Kristin's article. They both mention that Huddy attend a wedding and that episode is scheduled to air in January. Also in January, the third grade encounter with Cuddy's mother.

Other than that, GOD BLESS that we end this year with that episode and on a VERY positive note. The break will be a blissful one:)

Oh, don't get me started on Tuesdays... But there is a huge difference between the season 6 sleep deprived me, all bitter and angry and sleepy and disfunctional every Tuesday, and season 7 me, still sleep deprived, but oh so jolly and singing and reciting happy lines and daydreaming...
PS: i remember clearly that the first info we got about that wedding was in a tweet from somebody who saw the cast at Baltimore hotel - and they said Lisa was wearing a tea-coloured gown.

Another one confirmed (is this is the TV Guide article or just another tweet - don't remember), saying her dress is golden (minor interpretation of tea-coloured).

And definitely in the TVGuide interview, the article mentions Lisa is wearing a back-less silk gown (naked back).

Now, in the photos, she is wearing a blue dress (no tea in that color, i think any Englishman would agree:)))))), that does not leave her back bare. What are we supposed to think? Maybe they tried on different versions of wardrobe. Or maybe those are not pics of the final version - as i am certain that the photo of them against that desk, Hugh in the dark red vest matching Lisa's skirt, is not a final photo - Lisa is wearing her "on the set" platforms.
hampir setahun yang lalu InLoveWithHuddy said…
I thought they said the dress was teal coloured... So that would fit with the pictures. :)
Maybe they did the photoshoot at the same time as they shot that ep, taking advantage of the surroundings. And whoever tweeted the info (I remember it too) saw Lisa in the photo shoot outfit and not the actual episode gown.

but who knows, I'm stopping the speculations right here and I'm waiting for either actual reliable info or just the episode to air :P

Only a few more hours until tonight's ep! who's excited :P
kiss
So, my reaction after this episode was "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" seriously, I screamed, they're always too freaking short! urgh.

I almost cried during the scene where they talk about how they're both 'holding back'. I Love that they can be so honest with each other.

I haven't formulated any other opinions, though I am just realizing now that AGAIN there were no actual kisses..:(

I have to try and study a bit more now!
Finally watched it:)))))

I LOVED it. It was so old school "House". Such a mature episode - Blake is a master, of course. One of the best "House" writers, always.

It was beautifully done - the complexity and brilliance and emotion of the "House" Golden Era".

In regard to Huddy, i was a bit disappointed in both the limited screen time and the different approach. No more unconditional reassurance and lovey-dovey, no more focus on them like we got so far. We're on to the next phase - mature and serious, Huddy slowly falling into the usual structure of the show. It's a natural phase, even if i regret the previous one - but that one couldn't have lasted - this one can.
Just like their relationship - moving on to the "serious" era: negotiation, contractual grown-up relationship...

Lots of honesty - both with themselves and the other. That is extraordinary.

The images of House waking up alone in bed, missing her - beautiful!

The parallel to the patient and her husband - again, old school "House" brilliance.

The way House stayed true to his damaged self and didn't fold immediately - that rang very true. They are both snapping out of the honeymoon haze, and he was truly put off by her "irrational" request. I think it reminded him of his father's absurd demands (there is the parallel scene in which Kelly tells the patient's husband not to come onto her in ways that remind her of past abuse).

But Cuddy was right - he was sabotaging it, in the classic self-destructive housian way. This time, she didn't drag him along and didn't make up for it all with her love and understanding. This time, it was his decision to make the effort of entering the next phase - the "serious" phase.

Cuddy was holding back too. He was right - she was deliberately keeping things in the "easy" stage. They were both scared. They were both testing the waters. It is hard when passion and love like theirs have the abrupt confrontation with reality, but they managed to go through it. I am proud of them both!:)

The way he looked at Rachel - oh boy! They are a long way from bonding or whatever we can hope will emerge from their forced relationship... But he is trying - the journey continues...

PS: Cuddy's "massage therapist" scene - HILARIOUS.
hampir setahun yang lalu Belle0308 said…
@DB I totally agree with you.
There were a lot of layers to that episode and I totally understand that House is going to push things as much as possible to see what he can get by with. I really understood Cuddy not wanting to allow him around Rachel yet either. For one thing, I think that as a single Mom you would want the man to be in the relationship with you because of you and not your kid.

I understand House not warming to Rachel right away because he never wanted her to be a part of Cuddy's life either. Cuddy wasn't able to bond with her right away either. It is going to be hard and slow and probably will end up sneaking up on him in the end.

I loved it when he asked her if she would get cable and she said "No" and he said "well then we'll have to have more sex" and she was like, "ok".
They are great being who they are as House and Cuddy and I am glad to see the writers doing such an excellent job.
I agree with you too. I probably had to watch it again 'cause I was too sleepy tonight when I got up at 3am and you know, it kinda faded into some sort of dream for me by now XD I can't remember exactly what happened LMAO!

NO, but seriously the Huddy scenes were handled splendidly. As @Delia said they are clearly trying to make them get to the next stage of an adult, mature relationship and they are doing it brilliantly. House was being is old self but at the same time he cares about Cuddy enough to realize he has to change his habits if he wants to keep her with him. I also loved his honesty much more than hers. I guess I expect her to be that way, but him...I always gets surprised at how much he had changed as far as trust is concerned.

On the other hand I complain about the lack of kisses. I am not disappointed on a superficial level. It's not about tongues or something, but I feel like writers and creators are holding themselves in turn too. When a relationship is fresh and new the people in it establish a whole series of little gestures that comes naturally to them, no matter where they are. Now, assuming they can't touch each other at work, I find a little bit unrealistic that during the master dialogue in House's office, he doesn't even reach for her hand. He doesn't even take a step towards her. They don't touch each other. This is unrealistic. Peple who are in love tend at least to be....how can I say...dragged one to the other, unconsciously? No way in a moment like that you don't feel the need to get closer, even if just for reassurance. So, I get it, ok? House and Cuddy are uncommon, but I disagree on this aspect: I am not saying kisses were essenstial, but at least they could have some "couplish exchange", can't they?
A peck during some of these scene, some simple lips touching would have been nice.
big smile
PS. On a cheery note....I GOT A MINI-SKATEBOARD!!! :D Just like House's XD XD XD

I am so nerd in those things :P
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu evropia said…
A though just crossed my mind...In the promos before even Now What aired we saw a scene of House lying awake near a sleepy Cuddy...so i'm guessing this is gonna be on episode 7X5...I hope that we're gonna see some touching kissing or something generally in this episode cause 3 weeks in a row without any Huddy physical contact is just painful...
hmmm
I'll rewatch it before saying sth more about it, but as long as I appreciate the way they are dealing with Huddy, although I have my complaints as I said, I stick the impression the ep wasn't so great as I had expected it to be.
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
@Bea - So, I get it, ok? House and Cuddy are uncommon, but I disagree on this aspect: I am not saying kisses were essenstial, but at least they could have some "couplish exchange", can't they?
A peck during some of these scene, some simple lips touching would have been nice.

I miss that to Bea. This episode was as @DB said, "old school" minus the really cool banter. They love each other but are standing back and saying, yes I love to sleep with you and I love touching you, but for House: Do I want you around all the time? Do I want to give up my personal space? Do I want to be more than your sex partner? Can I share myself and you?
For Cuddy: Can you be a good father?, Can you give up some of your privacy and personal space?, Can you be more than just my sex partner?
As they answer these questions it should begin to make the relationship (including sex) closer and hotter. If they go the direction they have been going House will see cuddy is not asking him to be a conventional father he just has to find his own pace at it. House also has to share how the leg is, if the physical therapist is helping keep the pain in check and Cuddy will be there just letting him know she just wants him around. He can still be House.

@Belle - There were a lot of layers to that episode and I totally understand that House is going to push things as much as possible to see what he can get by with. I really understood Cuddy not wanting to allow him around Rachel yet either. For one thing, I think that as a single Mom you would want the man to be in the relationship with you because of you and not your kid.

One of the big obstacles for House is sharing Cuddy. Right now they divide time. It is House and Cuddy time, and then she goes home and she is Rachel's mom and she is alone. House sleeps and plays video games. The next step was combining and making two households: one. That is definitely one of the tougher things. House's life has always been about House. Sharing is never been a strong suit.
I definitely get it about Rachel. Cuddy broke up with Lucas and she doesn't want Rachel to see a revolving door of men. Dating when being a single mom is a touchy subject. She still in her mind couldn't imagine House as a father. House was content with the relationship being sex, video games, dinner, and a good night's sleep. The next steps are serious.
@DB - The images of House waking up alone in bed, missing her - beautiful!
The parallel to the patient and her husband - again, old school "House" brilliance.

Waking up in the bed alone and getting on the elevator: His thoughts were I guess it is more than sex. I really miss her and I really want to be with her and I have to see if I can make this work. He is giving up all his personal space and that is a big deal for him. In some ways last night was more intimate because it showed the writers made the choice to step over the line and keep maturing the character of House. Cuddy knows how to handle him. I do wish they would have shown a little of the exchange later that night. Patience.
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
Why every episode always leaves me so amazed, confused about my feelings, with bleeding heart and boiling brain??? Two cases: the writers are too smart or I'm too stupid.
As always I need to meditate.

Have you noticed the Epic Fail video game?
Yeah @Fran I noticed that too.

I hear you BTW. And I'd like to tell you my mixed feelings are due to my stupidity rather than aknowledging this ep wasn't so great as the others. It's like with children: mothers have the heart to criticize them till a certain extent :P

Don't get me wrong, as I said I liked the concept behind the way they are building Huddy. What I didn't like so much, now that I had time to meditate on it, although I haven't rewatched it yet, was that it looked like one of those eps that are "all brain and no hear"t, you know what I mean?
The Huddy dialogues and echanges were perfect. Maybe even too much. I didn't...."feel" the episode. It didn't shake me deep inside as many other eps in season 5 made. There was a lot of reasoning and maybe I missed some of those meaningful eye-exchanges between House and Cuddy that are rather capable of make you infer things before they would actually say them out loud. Am I making my point clear?

One for all: Unfaithful. We all remember that ep. It was one of the greatest of all times for me. One of the saddest for sure, but the writing and the acting combined had truly the power to shake you deep inside. Moreover, at the beginning of the ep there were just a few hints that provide you with the key to understand what was going on between House and Cuddy. Apart from Wilson of course, finally confirming to us what neither House or Cuddy were ready to aknowledge to each other.

Now I understand we are past that phase. They are both ready to be open with each other, facing their mutual fears. This is wonderful and it really stands for sth significant. Weren't they serious about this, weren't they willing to do their best to make this thing work, they wouldn't be so honest. Especially House...it's really a big deal for him to trust sb that much and step into such an unknown territory because he can finally aknowledge to himself he os better off with that person in his life.
One thing is getting Cuddy, another is counting Rachel into the equation; one thing is having sth nice and fun and simple, another is truly come to terms with the reality of a complicated relationship with a single mum who happens to be your boss.

And I know they are both very guarded by nature, but I don't think I am making up my own version of House and Cuddy when I say that I had expected some more...I don't know "passion" in their exchanges? Not sexually speaking I mean, just....I wasn't there with them, you know what I mean?

I didn't feel overwhelemed by any of it. Somehow I partially agree with a brief review I read this morning. I'll quote some and it also refers to the POTW that I found really not interesting:

"There were three different plots and I couldn’t make myself care for any of them. The case of the week presented a very serious mental disease – schizophrenia – so kudos for raising awareness about it, but the narrative was just so weak and I wasn’t even curious to find out what the girl really had"

And this concise summing up of the Huddy dynamic that follows pretty much resembles my feelings own:

"On top of that, there was the ongoing Huddy relationship that seems to take over every single episode so far. House’s massage therapist just happened to be a hooker who he used to have sex with. Cuddy obviously is not okay with that and asks House to stop seeing her, but he doesn’t see any harm. He even goes as far as to hire a male hooker to give her a massage just to prove his point, which just pisses her off even more. In the end, House sees the error of his ways and they both agree they need to stop keeping each other at arm’s length and let each other in, so Cuddy takes him to her place to finally meet her daughter"

Just like this summary the Huddy plot of this ep felt cold to me, like there were no heart in it. Just facts. House does this, than Cuddy reacts like this, so he tries that but it doesn't work out, so he changes his mind, she talks to him, they aknowldege they are holding back and they agree to give it a more serious try.

I didn't see Lisa and Hugh at their best. I missed the greatness of their performances. They didn't buy me this time, I am sorry, and I am bleeding while I am saying this, but I feel the need to be honest. There was just something off about this ep...it lacked of "atmosphere" maybe...I don't know how to define it. There were House and Cuddy and their first struggle to get from "fine and fun" to "serious and great! and I couldn't really care. I didn't feel neither her feelings nor his. I wasn't in her mind nor I was experiencing House's insecurities with him....I couldn't share, emotionally, their perspective.

And once again, I know the are both "creatures of reasoning" so to speak, but relationships are emotional. You live them with your heart more than with your brain. That's why I loved season 5 so much...I had never seen sth like that on tv: a non-relationship being able to got you that much as if that was happening to you.

I am sorry, maybe I am being too critical. I really don't want to spoil anybody's mood here. These things are highly subective of course and each one of us is entitled to her own opinion. I just feel bad for @Delia and @Belle in writing down this stuff. Maybe the very fact that they are older than me, blesses them with a different, more insightful perspective I happen to lack of at the moment. Maybe @Fran was right: young age makes us a little slow when it comes to digest the course that grown-ups' complicated relationships can take.

I'll zip my lips now.
I have started to write this about 5 times. You always feel a little funny putting down really deep inside thoughts.
The scene in which Cuddy goes into House's office after he gets the hooker to give her a massage Lisa made a good scene out of it. as the scene went on she drew Hosue's character out.
In most scenes it takes her acting to bring his out. It's like his character is a little off.
The elevator scene with the patient's husband it really seemed like Hugh was into that scene. His heart was in it. It meant something to him. You could tell.
Cuddy has passion in most of her scenes and House is lacking a little bit in that.
MAybe he is still trying to get where this is going. It is like she has closed her eyes and not tried to figure out where it was going and just acted.
I think there are scenes they should let them connect physically and they are not. I do think that is a mistake. One place in paticular: When House was in her office and they were talking of him sleeping over at her place, I think there would have been a good place to show some affection. It is a little too logical. He made a concession and she made one and that was huge. I keep thinking that there will be this big epiphany for them after some of these issues are out of the way.
It seems Hugh is trying to figure it out instead of just being in the moment. It is almost like what you are watching on screen is the way you picture some of the off-screen things between them in the last 6 years. Does that make sense?
They have went through too much hell for it not to be more passionate.
She is in love with him. She now is with him. I know they have walls and the writers have maintained them long enough. Time for a sledge hammer.
All that said I think they will have a break-through episode soon. One where they are just together and not trying to logically handle everything. There is too much that lead up to this.
 I have started to write this about 5 times. anda always feel a little funny putting down really deep i
"One place in paticular: When House was in her office and they were talking of him sleeping over at her place, I think there would have been a good place to show some affection"

This is precisely what I meant in my first post.

"I think there are scenes they should let them connect physically and they are not. I do think that is a mistake"

And I agree with this conclusion. Although you put them the other way around.
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
@Bea @tammyr50:
Girls, I completely agree with you about the lack of something essencial in the last episode. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is insatisfied and misses the fire of Huddy. I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed...

"When a relationship is fresh and new the people in it establish a whole series of little gestures that comes naturally to them, no matter where they are."

Absolutely. What I like the most in this show is the authenticity. I enjoy that it's so different from other common movies or series on TV, and the writers always know how the create the script with accuracy, filling with smart and essencial dialoges and still affecting our emotions. The last aspect is that I missed yesterday. As you mentioned so well @Bea, I experienced the same: I didn't feel the story. It was really well-built, logical, involving new conflicts to face and drawing the developement of their matured relationship, but it was all for my mind, and not for my heart. After the episode I started to think, analyze the dialoges in my head, but it was not enough for me...I wasn't satisfied emotionally, and didn't feel the drama, it was all too well-written and rational.

I honestly don't think realistic representation could mean they don't even touch each other. They are a couple, not friends any more!Ok,I know maybe I got too much in the premiere and have become spoilt, but still...

However, I'm optimistic and hope we will get more later!Yes, they are adults. Yes, he is House. And yes, it's not their first day together. But they love each other, and the physichal manifestation could be evident. Evident, like their spontaneous reacts and affection, which I missed from this episode.
Personally, while I liked the parts with them to a degree and I liked him telling her that she was holding back as was he, there were some things I really agree with you ladies on.
The POTW was non-existent to me and I really didn't either care about her or the new girl, Kelly. It WAS like too much was crammed into this episode and as a result, it all fell a little flat.
I think that the lack of physical touching or contact is a little unsettling. I WOULD like to see a kiss or two that didn't look like it was between people who had already been married 10 years.
I VERY much understand his feelings about Rachel. I myself am not one of these women who fawn all over babies. In fact, I swore I would never have any of my own. Now that I do have two children, I love them dearly and would give them up for nothing. When I was single, I couldn't make myself be interested in my friends children. I think House is a little that way. He won't really be interested in them until one of them touches his heart. That might end up being Rachel in the end, but who knows.

I thought that the idea of House sending the gay guy in to give Cuddy a massage was funny and also typical House. I think he feels like if you are doing something wrong it isn't so bad if you can get someome else to do it too, but how would he feel if Lucas happened to be a masseuse? Would he still have no problem with her having a massage then? Like many men, House can distance himself from the emotion and the action of sex vs. love. Brandi was an outlet for him before so it isn't an issue in his mind because he doesn't love her. Cuddy on the other hand responded the way I would have.

I am almost thinking that they could have either had the new girl with Huddy storyline and really basic case or Heavy case with new girl and little mention of Huddy. Of course, as a Huddy person I would love to see more Huddy and more romantic, touchy-feely Huddy but I have a feeling we aren't going to get that right now because TPTB are serving too many masters. In an attempt to please all fan bases, they will fail to make any of them truly happy. They need to find a train and jump on.
If you are going to show Huddy, then SHOW it. Don't have Huddy in the room but make it sterile and un-feeling in an attempt to please the anti-Huddy faction. It's almost as if they are physically attached but not emotionally when I think it should be both.

Does that make sense?

All that said, I still love the little things between them. Like "That means we'll have to have more sex" and her replying "Ok".
That seems like them to me.
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
@Belle-"If you are going to show Huddy, then SHOW it. Don't have Huddy in the room but make it sterile and un-feeling in an attempt to please the anti-Huddy faction. It's almost as if they are physically attached but not emotionally when I think it should be both."

The whole stuff seems to me as if they tried to satisfy Huddy-haters, and I unlike this tendency!!!Oh my, we can never ignore them...:(
I see @tammy and I aren't the only ones who have experienced a funny feeling watching this ep.

@Belle, I think you truly hit it in the nail. Too much stuff to deal with at the same time. As a result: nothing worked properly.

On the other hand I must agree with @Tammy (we had a little chat some hours ago), and once again, believe me, it truly hurts to admit this: Hugh didn't sound or look in character. He wasn't feeling the part, at all. He usually is House. You know what I mean? Soul and body. Here, this time, I saw an actor playing a role. That wasn't Hugh playing MY House. That was a great actor shrinking into a storyline that IMO didn't convince him at all. And neither Lisa, if you ask me. She was good, but I have seen her been so much better than this. Their usual sparkling interection was missing. I have the feeling they didn't get the possibility to handle their roles like they wanted to this time. It's like...IDK. Usually I get the impression that the characters, House and Cuddy's evolution, revolve around the way they play them. This time, it was like I could see them beeing directed, does that make sense? As if they weren't been THEMSELVES IN CHARACTER. I don't know if can I explain this feeling....
hampir setahun yang lalu hughlisafan said…
I think what we learned in this episode is that both House and Cuddy are hesitating to fully engage in their coupledom. The physical part is easy. It's the emotional part that is hard and which they will struggle with and should struggle with. Like Wilson said in a previous season, House didn't want to take the risk because it's too much of a risk. If it fails with Cuddy...

At the emotional level, House is still not willing to dive in and risk it all. Like House said in, Now What, "I love you" are just words it's actions that matter. It's always been that way. Actions matter is as much of a House philosophy as Everyone Lies. House's actions show that he's not all in...yet. The final dinner scene shows he's trying though, or at least he wants to get there. I mean, the fact that he doesn't really want to be there but is and is there for Cuddy is what is important when it comes to House.

For Cuddy, she loves House but isn't ready to completely trust him, yet, not only for her daughter's sake but for her own emotional health, which frankly is a smart thing to do.

They are a little standoffish at work but that is not surprising. I would be shocked if they got all kissy-feely at work. Both are too self-aware that other people know of their relationship and I think both are trying to show that their personal relationship will not hurt their professional relationship, so they over compensate. They are still working out their professional relationship now that they're sleeping together.

Overall, the Huddy is progressing pretty much how I thought it would. I didn't see either of them suddenly dropping their emotional barriers. The honesty between them is a great way to go though.

I thought it was a pretty average episode, although I enjoyed it.
@Bea "Hugh didn't sound or look in character. He wasn't feeling the part, at all. He usually is House. You know what I mean? Soul and body. Here, this time, I saw an actor playing a role. That wasn't Hugh playing MY House."

I liked the episode but I'm also going to agree with this. I find in all the episodes this season Hugh at times, not all the time, but at times has broken character. It was amusing at first, but now I just find it weird.

I've watched Hugh for a long time, and the freaky thing about his performance as House is that I could never see Hugh. I could watch Blackadder, and Jeeves & Wooster then House and totally be blown away by Hugh as House. Totally encompassed the character.

Hugh just seems a bit too relaxed or distracted. I don't know which. Maybe, during this filming period he's concentrating too much on his album. Or, maybe he's so relaxed that he's lost some of the intensity that he's brought to House.

As for Lisa, I feel she has been good. I have no problems with her performance, and Hugh has been good as well, but he has been slacking off in the acting department. The intensity that he usually brings to the role seems to be missing.
Yes I do think they are doing good. Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I like the concept behind it. I get the point of the storyline. I really do. I see why they are acting that way, but my problem insn't in the script or in the concept but in the the way they have played that out. The acting, the directing...whatever.

I get it all on a theorical plan. But as you said "The physical part is easy. It's the emotional part that is hard and which they will struggle with and should struggle with"

I didn't feel this emotional struggle. I saw two people reasoning, arguing mildly and come to terms with their mutual fears. This hardly resembles the true nature of a long-awaited relationship. Let alone if the involved parts are two people with the emotional history of House and Cuddy....I think the problem was the acting, i.e. the way they embraced their parts this time. And I keep saying physical contact, I mean a hand-reaching, a hug...everything, is essential to the nature of any relationship. Especially such a passionate one. Cam and Chase used to hug at work and Foreman and 13 used to kiss. They were along in House's office and the distance between their bodies was...frustrating. At least they should have given us more private moments but there was no time for it either.

I am just saying, as @Belle said, in the attempt to please us all, they are screwing this up. It didn't feel real. Just my opinion, but I get the concept and I agree with you. On a theorical level was perfect...the emotional one didn't buy me, I am sorry.

BTW, strange thing: the title of the ep only refered to Huddy but the ep itself wasn't that focused on them either. Someone hasn't made his mind. Just saying.
BTW, you can add another 2.6 million to House's 10.8 m ratings that watched the premiere. The DVR stats came out and House had the 5th highest total of DVR watchers the first week. That number gets added to the overall number moving their total to 13.4 m, which is pretty much where they've been since the strike.
Yes.
I mean, i agree to 90% of the critical opinions expressed here. There are things that are off in regard to the Huddy interactions, Hugh and Lisa seem to be testing for ways to chanel their chemistry - NOW?!?! They did it so beautifully for 6 years and NOW they start being too aware and restrained about it?!
In regard to the characters, indeed, i expected a bit more intimacy and contact. They used to have it by the ton, and now they are apparently either too satisfied with their intense sex life, that they don't feel the need to touch or express intimacy at work, or too preoccupied with the efforts they need to put into the relationship.
I fully agree with Bea on this one: it's weird that we don;t get the sense of "couple intimacy". They used to have it even when they weren't together and now something is off. Maybe too much tension about how the show is doing...

BUT. There is a big BUT: we have a highly positive Huddy outcome in an episode that was ultimately rational and had too little emotion. It is a way to counterbalance the emotional madness they lived in since they got together - and the emotional nature of the episodes. This one turned the page towards a more usual "House", and maybe it did so a bit clumsily, but still, it managed to deliver - IMO. AND it delivered with a positive Huddy evolution. I am happy with just that, plus the rational brilliance - for now.

Hughlisafan: THAT IS AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing!

I had been dead worried about the ratings - like my baby was taking a bad ass exam:))))))))))))))))
I PRAYED that they do well. Huddy deserves that!

So YES, a million times hurray for Huddy drawing the audience back to "House"!!!!!!!!!!

PS: 13,4 million is (much) more than many of the episodes in season 6 had. So Huddy is indeed getting higher ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink
@Hughlisafan:

Thanks for the ratings info. Indeed that is reassuring.

@Delia:

"Hugh and Lisa seem to be testing for ways to chanel their chemistry - NOW?!?! They did it so beautifully for 6 years and NOW they start being too aware and restrained about it?!"

This is funny, but I get more and more convinced there's some truth in Joy's theory. Let me quote once again:

Joey: Okay look, look, let me ask you a question, when they were doing it on stage, was it like really hot?
Ross: Oh yeah!
Joey: Well okay, so then you’re fine. The rule is when two actors are actually doing it off-stage all the sexual tension between them is gone. Okay? So as long as it’s hot onstage you got nothing to worry about. It’s when the heat goes away, that’s when you’re in trouble.
Chandler: Really?
Joey: Look, you guys have been to every play I’ve ever been in, have I ever had chemistry on stage?
Ross/Chandler: No.
Joey: Noooo!!

Long story short, maye the non-Hulis forgive me: they hooked up of camera for real and once and for all *wink wink* and the chemistry is gone. It's not a win-win for us, but there's a bright side after all ;)
smile
@DB Yes, it is good news. I'm really not too worried about House's ratings. They've proven since leaving the American Idol time slot and the strike that they have a very strong core audience of about 12-13 million. Their 18-49 ratings, and 18-34 ratings are both top 10 and that alone will keep them on TV for a long, long time if they so choose.

The loyal viewership is one reason why Fox has been able to move House around the dial and into different time slots. House's audience follows.

They've lost that extra 3-4 million viewers they used to pick up from American Idol though, and because of the earlier time slot more and more viewers are DVRing and watching it at a later time. That affects the Monday night ratings.

However, unlike other shows, House's ratings have remained firm since they lost the AI time slot and even survived the strike. Yes, they no longer get 17 m to 18 m viewers but that is not because of some long lost *heyday* it's because they lost the AI time slot.

House has also been a top 5 DVRed show since they started including DVRs into the stats. House has a very strong and loyal viewer base, but it is always nice to get that reconfirmed at the start of each season. :)

hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
LOVED reading all your opinions...and so just tossing mine into the mix. Thanks.

bluehue revue...
I had a feeling there would be mixed feelings about "Massage Therapy" considering it was more “therapy” than “massage.”
It was a transitional episode to introduce the hot doc. The show also began to advance, balance and shape Huddy in realistic terms.

This is what makes it Housian, not spooning out “sugary immediacy,” as Hugh said.
I follow @Delia in seeing TPTB pulling the story towards realism in showing our couple as two people learning to share or merge their lives together. Give & take!

One (obvious) point the epi said, is that relationships are hard & require sacrifice.
House & Cuddy confront uncommon, but more basic issues compared to the POTW whose husband is suddenly faced with sharing his life with a split personality.

Adjustments by comparison..team with new girl & visa versa. Foreman & Chase with their own little power struggle. House merging his life with Cuddy..by sacrificing the hooker part of his massage therapy. Protective Cuddy merges mom personality by chillin out & letting House into her House & Rachel's universe, she wastes no time using his cane as a teething toy. Sets up next stop on the Huddy growth chart..babysitting!

I didn't care for some scenes: boyfriend beaten bloody, over the top sexual harrassment of Kelly, & Cuddy’s massage did not seem plausible to me.

P.S. Was that popcorns all over Cuddy's living room..in the promo?!
@Bea, I got a mini-skateboard too!!
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
I have been missing the kisses too of course--but I actually loved the exchange in House's office. To me you could really sense Cuddy's fear in moving forward when House called her out on it. She honestly got me with her almost teary reminicent of The Softer Side face and tone of voice. At the end when House said "it's always hard" it showed how serious he is about the relationship. And the ending with Rachel, I could feel how he was so frustrated with her, but he deliberately held himself back and was patient with her when she was driving him crazy chewing on his cane. He did not lose his temper with her and he moved away from the pattern of parenting his father showed him. PS: At the beginning of the episode teaser I was afraid the patient was going to hallucinate something horrible and creepy so I kept looking away LOL
Ok guys I want to share this review with you link and this is my final act :p before heading off to bed.

I am gonna quote some parts that had litterally teared me up. Why? Well, because in some things this guy is pointing out I recognize House as he partially was in season 5 and, to be honest....that's scaring the hell out of me. Or better I feel the urge to be violent again and hit him right on the head with his cane. Or maybe I just want to cry and asking WHY CAN'T I HAVE A NORMAL FAV SHIP AS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE AND ENJOYING A QUITE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!! Jesus!! It's my fault!! I crave for....disasters. Anyway...here you go with what got me thinking:

"Our first real Huddy moment is of Cuddy putting her clothes back on as House lays naked in bed playing a video game, begging her to come back. The supposed love-of-his-life is heading out the door because her nanny is leaving in 30 minutes. House realizes this is fine because he has a massage in 5 minutes. Cuddy is also fine with the fact that House doesn’t stop playing his game to give her a decent kiss. It seems both are indeed fine with the arrangement they have. I actually expected some type of “leave the payment on the dresser” joke during this exchange. And then it dawned on me. The relationship Cuddy and House have fallen into is the only sure relationship House has had in the past 10 years: that of a john with a prostitute"

Of course this is said with some irony, but sadly it's not far from the truth. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves her but still....

" Cuddy confronts House in his office. She demands he give up his hooker masseuse. He can’t understand why she’s having such a problem with this. Cuddy gives him that, but counters it with the fact that if he is so smart and knows Cuddy so well, why would he try to send her her own hooker masseuse when there is no way in heck she’d ever agree to it. They face off as Cuddy accuses House of trying to sabotage the relationship. She says he’s trying to keep it impersonal and “fine” because getting more serious would be “serious” and House doesn’t want that. House’s face grows dark. He then calls Cuddy out on the fact that she won’t let House come to her house or meet her daughter. Cuddy actually admits that she’s trying to protect her daughter (and herself) in case House ever decides to leave. “I’m not the only one holding back,” House says. House confesses to wanting to be together with Rachel and Cuddy. Until that happens they can’t be a real couple"

And here the tears began. I know. Everything went fine, but still...classic Huddy. Classic unberable pain for me.

"At her house that night Cuddy, House and Rachel share an awkward dinner. Cuddy is clearly happy to have him there and for the relationship’s progress. Yet, House looks at times uncomfortable and resentful at being there at all. When Rachel starts to chew on House’s cane as Cuddy is in the kitchen it’s all he can do to not grab it out of her mouth and dislodge a few of those teeth she’s trying to cut. He looks unhappy as he says sarcastically to Rachel, “Aren’t you adorable…"

And here comes the violent part in which, due also to the latest sneak peeks, I'd like to yell at him to "ARE YOU SERIUS?!?!GROW THE FUCK UP AND BE A MAN FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!". See?! I am back being violent and verbally aggressive as I used to be in season 5....classic moment in which I'd have gladly thrown my remote to the TV. This is no good for me. No good.

"In the final scene I got different signals each time I watched it. I think (I’d like to think) that House does actually want to be there. He wants to make it work. He recognizes that he’s going to have to deal with things he wants no part of. Like the husband, he knows it’s going to be different than what he expected. But he’s willing to do it. He gently pulls his cane out of Rachel’s mouth and accepts the fact that if he wants to be with Cuddy his cane may get a few bite marks on it. Let’s hope it’s a small price to pay..."

I am in tears once again. What if any of this works out? Or, what if it works out but we are dragged along a painful road once again? Season 5 was enough already. It was beautiful but I am not that young anymore XD My little Huddy heart needs some piece and quite.

If House hurts her, my lovely Cuddy...I swear I am gonna haunt him down and DS with him. I get protective when it comes to Lisa. It's something I developed during season 5 :P

Good night!
@Bea: The sense I got from the episode was yes this is going to be hard but House is willing to do it. If he was cruel or uncapable of connecting with Rachel he would have yelled at her or said something far worse. He obviously was frustrated but held himself in check when getting his cane back from her. I think right now he doesn't actively dislike her, he just can't see what the appeal is. As Lisa said in interviews "he finds her almost alien."
hampir setahun yang lalu evropia said…
I know this is gonna be beyond than tough but i think he has to try a little harder to bond with the kid..Something we don't see in the sneak peeks...Sure he loves her and he wants to work but i'm afraid he is back to his "bad" self...I can't see him hurt Lisa again...in almost every episode of season 5 i screamed JUST BE A MAN AND TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL.It was so obvious he wanted her but he kept insulting her,hurt her,pull her away...And now finally they re together and he seems to make the same mistake...For God's sake House...He knew Cuddy and Rachel go together,and after all that Lisa left for him she owes her big time...So just suck it up nd babysit...
OK. I take back my previous comment on this page - reading the critical comments to the episode, i was seduced by your eloquence. But i take it back:)

I watched the episode three more times tonight and i am back to my original point: Brilliant. Very true. Loaded with significance.

Best things about this episode:

- best lines of this season: House is back at his wittiest, the script is back at its sensational literary quality

- best team interactions of the season so far, everybody seemed alive again, for a change

- interesting case and good acting of the POTW - plus the amazing special effects that are ever delightful in a "House" episode

- good insertion of humor (Felipe was divine), good Hilson scenes, great classical House sarcasm

- Hugh and Lisa were amazing; they underplayed it with perfect subtlety - exactly as they were required to; but the intense emotions and the expressivity of their eyes and faces were there, intact, impressive

- HUDDY was underplayed this episode, in the sense that the more mature and balanced approach was very subtle and very undertoned compared to the previous eps

I will give two examples of how beautifully it was done, in regard to nonverbal expression of emotions in the best classic housian style:

example no 1: House's scenes alone in bed: first scene, he wakes up submerged in the delightful memories of the previous night, he caresses her side of the bed, he smiles, even giggles and stretches across the bed, covering her side too - btw, did you notice that he changed his side from right (which he has slept on since season 1) to left - to match Cuddy, who has always slept on the right?...

Second scene (after the fight): he wakes up and his face is dark. He touches her empty side of the bed with a preoccupied and sad look on his face. No smile, no exuberant stretch across the bed. There had already been two nights without her. They obviously feel like an eternity.

example no 2: House in the elevator, after telling the patient to accept his wife with her baggage of personal damage, because "it's always hard": he enters the elevator and he stands with his back half turned against the door, his head bowed, an intense expression of concentration and exhaustion on his face; he quickly raises his head and turns to face the door as Chase enters after him. But his initial expression and the bowed head point to what he is really feeling: he is exhausted by how consumed he was with the whole "adjusting to reality" phase of their relationship, he is scared and overwhelmed by what he has decided to do - which is, go all in.

The exhaustion is visible in both of them in the scene in Cuddy's office. Their conversation is soft and intimate, but they are neither happy, nor exuberant. They are tired - they have made it through a very difficult trial and they both experienced very intense emotions and anguish.

The scene in House's office. Both of them marvelous: Lisa's anger was so authentic, just like House's initial irony and playfulness. His face slowly drops as she expresses her fears and pain. It's getting darker and he finally bursts out with what had been on his mind all along: that SHE is the one keeping him at arm's length.

What tells us that this was the underlying explanation of the whole episode - House being scared and unhappy about Cuddy's own protective fences?

- Well, first of all, we know House. His fears and insecurities make him settle for nothing else than complete and unconditional love, because he knows that that is what he needs and cannot do without.

- Second, we see him waking up alone in the first scene of the episode - delighted with the memories and generally happy, but alone. The way his first gesture, half unconscious, is to reach out for her is speaking volumes about how much he needs her to be there - remember how he moved in with Stacy after a week and how, half crazy, but fully honest, he asked Cuddy to move in with him in BSN? How do you think he's feeling now, having her there for limited, against the clock time, all the time?...

- And third, we have House and Wilson in the bike store. Wilson is asking questions, House deflects and makes jokes - his default defense mechanism. He is clearly unhappy with something in regard to Cuddy. He is obviously not the one who decided on the "she comes, we hook up, she leaves" system - even though "he lets her think it was her idea" - in fact, it WAS her idea, and he is hurt by it.
His short and pissy answer to Wilson's question about sleeping over at Cuddy's shows another reason why he is unhappy.
And then again, he snaps about Rachel - the "golden retriever" line is way over the line (which Wilson senses, thus concluding that "everything" is obviously not fine at all in Huddyland), showing that House is angry and unhappy about the whole arrangement and Cuddy's way to keep their relationship in the "easy mode".

So it makes PERFECT sense to me that House's later behavior is nothing but HIS DEFAULT COPING MECHANISM: abandon, so not to be abandoned. Test, so not to be disappointed. Push the boundaries, until one of two things happen: you either get confirmation of the unconditional love, or you manage to sabotage the relationship.

To quote Dr. Kelly (Dr. Robert:)))): his behavior is 100% consistent with the coping mechanisms of an abused person, which we know House is.

@BEA: forgive me, but the guy who wrote about how the bedroom scene of House and Cuddy resembled a hooker scene is a moron - and he went way too far.

The bedroom scene was all part of House's plan of pushing the boundaries and it speaks volumes about his frustration in regard to the "you understand, the babysitter is leaving in half an hour" line. He must have heard it every night since they got together...

MASSAGE THERAPY = House using the masseuse in order to "therafy" their relationship

My dear Bea, don't allow your fears to spoil this for you. EVERYTHING is consistent with House's character and EVERYTHING is consistent with his deep and amazing love for Cuddy. No need to hit him in the head with the cane:) He is just being himself, and he loves her more than anything.

@Hughlisafan: thank you for all the detailed information:) I am not familiar with the rating system, nor am i able to contribute to "House"'s ratings (since i assume overseas viewers via satellite don't count), but i was obsessed about the idiotic and unfair "Huddy will make "House" sink" approach and i needed the confirmation. Thank you again.
hampir setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
heart
"Second scene (after the fight): he wakes up and his face is dark. He touches her empty side of the bed with a preoccupied and sad look on his face. No smile, no exuberant stretch across the bed. There had already been two nights without her. They obviously feel like an eternity."

I loved that moment. Mostly because I enjoy slightly heart-wrenching scenes...but I totally agree with you @DB, the fact that the Huddy in this ep was more subtle shows how the relationship is maturing. Of course, House is scared, but both of them are starting to make sacrifices. He is slowly, and tentatively, putting more of himself into the relationship.

Unfortunately, my irrational self screams I WANT MORE HUDDY SEX AND SWEETNESS. But alas, I suppose we all have to make sacrifices for the sake of the storyline.
smile
Delia,
I read the motorcycle shop scene the same way! House was hurt that Cuddy has been keeping him away from her house and child because he knows the significance of that. And I have to say again how much I loved that scene in his office. I've played the ending scene with Rachel over again. Hugh Laurie just displays House's near breaking point, and watching him visibly restrain himself to be gentle with Rachel is so amazing.
WOW...once again House has managed to make us think and re-think and re-think yet again. I played it over in my mind a few times. I still say I didn't care about the POTW and maybe I should have. Maybe I was too distracted by Huddy. I really think they are doing an out and out amazing job.
One of the issues with Huddy is that in their world, they have known each other and seen each other for nearly 5 days a week, every week for years and years. They are also older, and while sometimes mentally they are teens, they really aren't. I think it would be hard to imagine them going over the moon when seeing each other at work even if they are now together outside of work.
Part of the reason I thought that the writers could write a happy, functional Huddy with a still chaotic work life is because they are so seperate. At work, Cuddy and House are both in control and fully competant if not exceptional at what they do. It's their passion. Outside of work they are both rather dysfunctional in their own way. Now that they are trying to navigate through the part of their life where both lack success, it is going to be difficult.
House is an amazing character.
Cuddy is an equally amazing character. Both are played by insanely talented actors.

You all make amazing points. I think that every episode so far this year has left me with some really poignant parts and seeing him laying in the bed the second time and thinking about her not being there was one of those moments.
heart
I'm so tired so I probably won't make any sense and therefore will try to limit my comment to a minimum. I might have time to re-watch the episode tomorrow and comment more thoroughly.

First. I personally didn't really care at all for the POTW, but I read the review Bea posted and I know see a bit more what the link was between her and Huddy, but still, it's my least favorite so far this season (I know I know it's only the 4th episode :P)

I actually enjoyed the Huddy scenes, I think the relationship is moving along nicely and the writers are handling the different 'stages' towards are serious relationship really well. I agree that there might have been something missing, I'm not sure if it was the acting, the words or just the damn lack of physical contact. I mean I understand they're at work and all, I really do, but they were alone in their offices! I mean at least come closer or touch hands or SOMETHING! :P
But I can sort of understand even that, someone explained it and I'm sorry I can't quote you but it made sense.

I for one am hopeful for their relationship, I do think House is willing to try with Rachel, now I have not seen the sneak peeks for next week which I seem to understand are problematic, but for what I know so far, I think he really genuinely wants to try.

I love that House and Cuddy can be so honest with each other, this is how their relationship is going to move forward. I appreciated the totally Housian act of getting Cuddy a male hooker masseuse but something just didn't sit well with me. It was sort of funny, but maybe it's just that I find it incredibly disturbing...I don't know. It's kind of like the go cart scene, I get its point I just don't like it.

I have more things to say but I think I need to watch it again before I do that, plus I need to study and I said I'd keep this short.

P.S. I so so so enjoy reading all your comments, it was probably the best part of my day! I look forward to reading more if you continue discussing!
cool
@bluehue--I think it just hit me what your two favorite words are that House said because I was just thinking about House's conversation with Wilson about Rachel. For one million dollars is it..........golden retriever?
@belle - If you are going to show Huddy, then SHOW it. Don't have Huddy in the room but make it sterile and un-feeling in an attempt to please the anti-Huddy faction. It's almost as if they are physically attached but not emotionally when I think it should be both.
Ok Cuddy has washed him, cleaned his wounds, kneeled at his feet, kissed his scar(which is to recognize every imperfection, the past, and every hurt that has been between them and say, I love you and it was worth it all)He raised her up and kissed her and closed his eyes as he carried her to the bed and made love to her.
He let her know he was afraid when she was leaving and she again told him: You are the most incredible man I have ever met and you are the most incredible man I will ever meet.
It wasn't about earth-shattering sex it was about two people who after twenty years of knowing each other connected.
There were moments that were definitely "Houseian" last night and I can appreciate all of them. But there needs to be he emotional. I believe there will be an epiphany. I love the banter and the keeping each other off balance.
But "Now What" was an exceptional way to play this out so they have a standard to live up to. It is ok for them to kiss and to touch. They can still fight and scream. It wouldn't be House if they didn't.
But this is six years in the making and we don't want to see the end of a sex scene or one that is being implied. Just show me something with some feeling. I really don't need to hear that you have had sex 100 times I had rather see a kiss that is passionate. Something that tells the story emotionally. They have waited a long time for this. Be real.

Things that were good: elevator scene: Without words you saw that Hosue was coming to terms with relationships and that they require sacrifice. I loved that.
I loved that Hosue and Cuddy amde a connection about both holding back in House's office.
In Cuddy's office House says no cable we will have to have more sex. Cuddy is very agreeable.
All that is sweet but still holding back too much on all accounts.
They don't have to show them making love all the time but a scene with a connection would be only what is right. 20 years. I don't care how old they are they have wanted to be together for a long time. You would always want to be touching each other. He is the man she has always wanted.
 @belle - If anda are going to tunjuk Huddy, then tunjuk it. Don't have Huddy in the room but make it steri
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
cake
YESSS @mysusp!! But of course I can count on you!
Sorry I edited/deleted..and then my silly "quiz question" seemed out of place. Well, just to say I'm so tickled you caught that & will be sending your prize, just as soon as I make a million dollars, about five life times from now, until then..a "golden" prop & a little cake will have to do. LOL.
Morning guys!

Ok @Delia I'll rewatch and let you know but, by now, I keep agreeing with @Tam and @Belle. Once again my problem are not my fears. I understand what they are doing. And I have already said, on a theorical level, as @Anon said "I think the relationship is moving along nicely and the writers are handling the different 'stages' towards are serious relationship really well". Nothing to say in regard. I haven't just felt it, that's all. And maybe this is too subjective. I liked the Huddy scenes, but I didn't love them. I appreciated them, but didn't live them. Am I making my point?

On the POTW, I don't think I am gonna change my mind. And the lack of physical contact remains a huge mistake to me. But maybe I'll change my mind if I watch it again. At least as far as Huddy is concerned.

As far as the review is concerned, I keep thinking the guy made a fair point. The dynamic of the relationship, externally is the same. Although I read your analysis and totally agree with it, that doesn't mean the two can't live side by side. The fact that House loves Cuddy and has gone through all the emotional stages you talked about, doesn't mean he is actually able to relate to Cuddy in a more mature way that doesn't imply him being a massive jerk. Maybe he tries, true and I like that. But this is House. He is not the ultimate romantic. We need to remember he is no hero....he is always House, no matter how much in love he is, he'll do horrible things to her, once again. This si realism IMO. Not pessimism.

I still think my impression are basically due to the way Hugh, especially, handled his role this time. Something about his performance didn't buy me, at all. But anyway, let me watch once again more carefully.

Some things I didn't crae for and I see you had a compltely different perception of the ep: the script wasn's so brilliant to me, nor the writing so fine. I was expecting so much more...emotions for God's sake. IDK. Of course this is just my opinion. But the male hooker thing and the Chase subplot...useless to me.