Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 501-550 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
big smile
"seems we always find the same things on TW"

God bless TW ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@mysusp – I love so much Audrey Hepburn, especially his role in Breakfast at Tiffany's...amazing :-) You could sing Moon River ;-))

@bluehue – thanks and BTW I never thanked you for the medical-clinic-scientific explication about the really and deep meaning of the "balls scrambling" XD XD XD. Love it!
Seriously, I don't know background and customs of American people and this lack causes me to lose important nuances. So, thanks for explaining :-)

@DeliaB – I'm praying with you! XD XD XD....and waiting impatiently for your reply

@tammyr50 "She (Cuddy) had never needed to show someone she was the boss. This points to the fact that she knows who she is and is not looking to prove herself. She makes everyone around her better."

Thanks for this additional thought. I think what you say is true about the workplace but in private life I'm not so sure that she knows who she is, I think that Cuddy is messed up like House, though in different ways.
Maybe now I'll look cynical but what we know about the private side of this woman? She is a woman who was emotionally tied (for 20 years) to a man who so far have failed; she had adventures that were, in fact, only adventures and constructed a false self in order to live the relationship with Lucas trying to be "normal". So in the private sector she is equal to House: a failure. And yet we lack important informations, such as her parental relationships within her family: Mommy didn't love her enough? Daddy expected too much from her? She was in competition with her sister? Her favorite dog died too soon??? XD XD XD (just some examples...). We really don't know. We got (obviously) much more information about House's family issues. IMO there is always an answer about our present life and choises and to find answers on the present and future we have to dig into the past. For this reason I hope that this season the writers deepen Cuddy's past and family relationships because I need to know why and how House and Cuddy can fit perfectly and let their relationship work. If they really are soulmates (and IMO they are) I want to discover which is their meeting point. My grandmother used to say that only two people equal to each other can stay together, and I think this is very true even if sometimes the resemblance is not so obvious.
I want an answer because there is always an answer (House's credit) but sometimes we struggle to find it.

@kibby "sometimes a girl can't help but speak her mind XD."
You don't know how much I understand you! XD XD

@bea "One of the best Huddy dialogues ever :D "
That video!!!!!!!!!! October/October!!!!!!!!It's THE BEST dialogue ever.... That moment has clearly explained why House could never have an affair with Cameron: May/October.....naaaaaahhhh....they're never been on the same page. Period.
(P.S. what did you mean with the word "landmine" in your previous comment???????????? I don't understand the reference XD XD XD XD)

@anonimously "I loved the kaleidoscope thing...how true!"
I'm pleased :-)))
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
laugh
@ Fran "Mommy didn't love her enough? Daddy expected too much from her? She was in competition with her sister? Her favorite dog died too soon??? XD XD XD" BAWHAAAAHAAA And also reminds me of Amber "Mommy didn't love me enough, Daddy was never around.....SOMETHING" when she was trying to get House to pick her and she knew he liked screwed up people.
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
@Fran2 I think that Cuddy is messed up like House, though in different ways.

Definitely they both have to be a little touched.
I also think she is very brave though and I think that she could always sense he had feelings for her. She tried to move on and tried to seek out other people. He was just the one.
She hated that he was the one sometimes but there was a link and a tie that she couldn't bring herself to sever.

Knowing Candice Bergen and the brashness her characters always seem to possess and do not imagine that she is going to be the kind and loving mother that June Cleaver was.
 @Fran2 I think that Cuddy is messed up like House, though in different ways. Definitely they both
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
@Fran: you are Simona on Barbara's, right?:) We've been talking for a whole year, it seems:)))))))))

Well... First things first. The thought about the show being over at some point is something that i can't face either. Such a gigantic part of my life will be missing, i am sure it will mess me up deeply and my grieving process will be immensely painful.

BUT it is essential HOW it ends. My emotional investment in the show and my love for House himself, which has gone on for years, and year after year got deeper and deeper, and just like true_love_huddy was saying, he is so REAL to me, a real person who's a major part of my emotional life... Well, all of this makes me incapable to conceive that the show could end with House in misery and devastation. That is something i could simply not deal with.

I need some sort of a happy ending, within the limits that this show can afford. Not rainbows and kittens, but a realistic view upon the future of this man - a future that we will not witness (SOBS), which needs to hold some hope and some light. After all, it's all about this superb man getting to live and celebrate his beautiful humanity - i could not live without this hope, after "House" will be over.

In regard to the evolution of Huddy so far and House in love - PERFECT. It's being done in PERFECT accordance to his psychology and to how we view Huddy. House scared and hesitant and desperately trying to cover all risks... House so fully aware that his life is depending on this relationship, that he is petrified with fear and thus incapable to feel actual happiness. House so desperate not to lose her, that he is willing to go to any extent to secure this relationship.
Hugh's interview makes perfect sense now...

It also makes sense that these will be slowly addressed and solved. The cure for his fears are love and time. Cuddy is more than capable to ease his torment and reassure him, time and again, that her love is stable and unconditional. In time, this will finally catch, and he can be reborn from her love - he can reach a stage where he regains the courage to be his true self, but in a more mature way, because her love can do wonders for his self-acceptance and self-expression.

In other words, i am waiting for a House that, under the constant influence of Cuddy's love and reassurance, will outgrow his fears (not completely - fears are also healthy, making him value what he has), enough to be himself again, free "to run around the hospital like a monkey in a banana factory", free to do the things he likes, free to be who he is, but also free from his need to be extra-cautious and extra-cynical, somewhat freer from his trust issues and freer to reveal and express his true self. In other words, when loved unconditionally for who he is, he can gather the strength to be a better person, a healthier person, while still being true to his deep nature. That is the miracle of unconditional love...

On Cuddy: i think Fran's quote from Amber is really spot-on. What we know of Cuddy so far is the following:

- ambitious over-achiever, whose professional successes did not make her feel happy or accomplished: this points to her ambition and determination as being extrernally motivated, most likely by one or both of her parents

- insecure, lonely woman, who hid behind her work for years, having only passing unsatisfactory relationships; as she clearly states many times (take "Joy To The World", for instance), she has always felt like she cannot handle the personal side of her life as well as the professional one; thus, becoming a control freak, in search of a sense of power to counter-act the powerlessness she felt about her personal life

- her insecurities are most clearly expressed by the way she dresses: as House often pointed out, her sexually-charged, polished image points to her needing to overcome deep insecurities about both her femininity and her intellectual skills

- these insecurities have NOTHING to do with real abilities; we KNOW that she is beautiful, desirable, smart and successful; but that is clearly NOT how SHE perceives herself; she obviously has a deeply engrained self image that feeds her insecurities - again, most likely, her mother wasn't nurturing enough, her father probably expected too much of her and/or left her too soon, and the competition with her sister was constant

- it is very interesting that she slept with her father's best friend; it speaks volumes about her Oedipian complex and i wonder if she did so before or after her father died; anyway, it is clear (take the picture with the monkey and her reaction to that) that Lisa was daddy's girl, her father loving her more than the mother, probably supporting her and encouraging her and offering her unconditional love; his death obviously left a gigantic empty hole in her life, which hasn't healed in all the years (apparently, many) since his death

- it is also a valid explanation that her motivation to over-achieve and her ambition are motivated by the wish not to disappoint her dead father; it is possible that he loved her unconditionally and without asking too much of her, but his support and encouragement made her feel obligated not to fail him after his death, and she dedicated many years of her life to proving herself professionally

- she is also a very honest, authentic and blunt woman; from what the spoilers are saying, she learnt this from her mother - maybe initially as a self-defense mechanism, but then it became one of her most lovable qualities; her honesty and natural bluntness are what makes Cuddy such a lovable character to begin with; before knowing anything else about her (season 1), we knew that she is fair, open, natural, authentic, blunt and sincere - which is precisely why House was so drawn to her, since he loathes duplicity and deception

- her courage and backbone are incredibly amazing qualities; Cuddy has always been the one character who was willing to admit when she was wrong, who was capable to give credit to whom it justly should go to, the one who took any and all risks for what she believed was right (very much like House, but without his bitterness and cynicism: she just does it naturally, because it's RIGHT); Cuddy has the strength of looking herself full in the face and admitting the sometimes unpleasant truths (thus, her brave and mature admittance of love in "Help Me", but also how she weighed the possibility that she might not be cut out to be a mother after all etc etc etc etc);

- she has more backbone and integrity than anybody on the show - her endless gestures of salvation towards House (small and grand), her brave decisions, her self-sacrificing acts, the risks she was always taking - all of them are motivated by her deep and absolute belief that it was the right thing to do, and also by her impossibility to betray her friend and loved-one - something that not even Wilson was able to do at all times, but Cuddy did - always
GUYS!!!!! Who speaks Spanish???????? Look at this!

link

I only understand a bit of Spanish, but i was able to sail through the article and i think we've finally gotten a piece that does not speak of disasters and train wrecks... Apparently, both the journalist, as well as Hugh and Lisa, have a positive tone about Huddy, past, present and future:))))

Can anybody help with really understanding what it says?
@mysusp "also reminds me of Amber"
You're right! I loved Amber so much that thinking about her death makes me cry again and again and again!
Why the hell haven't they shot Cameron?? XD XD XD ......just kidding!! I don't want me to unleash the hameron's anger :-))))

@tammyr50 "She tried to move on and tried to seek out other people. He was just the one."
Oh God :-) What you wrote (HE WAS JUST THE ONE) is so romantic that makes me melt! LOBE you :-)))))))
And I've never said you that I really like your comments and your "short introduction words" when you post a pic, sometimes in few words you put a kind of emphasis that shows your thinking, often very ironic and funny because those words make clear the "contradictions" (I hope you understand what I mean because I'm not able to explain it in a better way.....damn english! XD XD XD )

@DeliaB "We've been talking for a whole year, it seems:)))))))))"
Yes and it was a pleasure :-)…....and now here.... life is strange, the crossed destinies, mixed virtual places, people who accidentally find themselves. Lately I don't like to force the destiny, I think what has to happen will happen, whether it's written. I love the randomness. So....here we are :-)

Quoting you.
"it's all about this superb man getting to live and celebrate his beautiful humanity - i could not live without this hope, after "House" will be over."
"The cure for his fears are love and time"

And your faith in the miraculous power of Cuddy is amazing, an optimism's injection for me! Just to stay in the medical field ;-)

But do you see? It's all about hope and love and fairytales. We are incurable romantic people.....and always will be :-)

One of my favorite songs ever is Fairytale Of New York (Pogues)
link

And these little quotes by the song lyrics say everything:

"I've got a feeling
This year's for me and you
So happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true"

"I could have been someone
well so can everyone
you took my dreams from me
when I first found you
I took them with me babe
I put them with my own
can´t make it all alone
I´ve built my dreams around you"

P.S. thinking of Dr. House "free to run around the hospital like a monkey in a banana factory" it's really too much!! XD XD XD ....
NOW I can die laughing XD XD XD
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
I got it translated - managed to understand almost everything, insane woman, me...

It IS a positive article - many beautiful thoughts from both Hugh and Lisa about Huddy:) The verdict is open (as it SHOULD be): nobody knows where it's going.
@Fran: yes, it has been a pleasure. And continues to be a pleasure - even more so, here, free of the pressure not to be too much of a Huddy maniac on Barbara's... Which pressure, by the way, has pretty much dissolved this season:)

That "banana factory" is a quote from Cuddy - she tells it to House in one of the most Huddy loaded episodes ever, "Living the dream". Same one with the famous "call me sweet sauce" and "what are you wearing?" lines:)

Oh, i am an incurable romantic, but i am not thinking about this in fairytale terms. I am thinking about it as a psychologist - i know House's inner structure and his damage and i know what can have an impact on it and what kind of "real life therapy" can actually generate some changes in people like him.

The same psychological issues House has can be observed, with various degrees of severity, in so, so, so, so, so many real people around us. There are documented cases, focused on analyzing these disorders, there are therapists who are familiar with the structure and there are many real life examples that i see around me every day - and i can easily diagnose, because their struggle and issues are pretty obvious.

Bottom line: there are things, outside the strict therapeutical frame (therapy and drugs that improve the person's condition), that can have a positive effect on the sort of scars House has. There are relationships and certain types of emotional connections that can actually heal their wounds and help them become more functional. The extent of the healing is dependent upon the extent of the initial damage, of course.

In House's case, i am beyond myself with joy, because the writers (excellent, flawless psychologists, no exception) have chosen to go with giving him everything that might work in his situation. Starting with the back story of him and Cuddy, her role in his life during the previous years.
And also the way they came together, the way they both met all requirements, so that this relationship begins at a point when it has the best chance of working.
And also the way they both address their relationship, the way have begun it, the way they appear to be carrying it on.

All of them, textbook healing factors for House's psychological issues - with two conditions: that there is time and repetitivity, so that the effects can come out & that the initial damage is not too grand, beyond mending...

I doubt it. Based on everything we saw in 6 years, i do not believe that House is too damaged and beyond all hope. I am not viewing this from a Beauty and the Beast point of view. The extent of his healing is STRICTLY LIMITED. He will never be normal, never be sane, never be truly functional. NEVER. He is too damaged for spectacular changes and sensational healing.
BUT i do not believe that there is nothing to be done, either. His deep stream of humanity is there and it is responsive. He is capable of SLIGHT changes, given the proper conditions provided by Cuddy. He is capable of feeling SOME happiness, some meaning, some peace. He can learn it. He is not necessarily doomed to being miserable and alone and a drug addict all his life. Doesn't have to be.
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
@DB
it is so wonderful to have educated fans like you post such amazing comments here.

I have been trying to make a fanvideo about Cuddy, and I realized while doing my 'research' that we really don't know all that much about her, I've taken the liberty to 'copy-paste' your post and save it on my computer to help me with this project (if I ever get back to it)
Cuddy is my favorite character, I don't know why, I'm boring I guess, I've always been drawn to that kind of female character, in every movie, TV series or book I've read, always. I really, really hope they go deeper into who she is this season, even if this show is about House. I think that now that they are together, more than ever, her back-story can become significant to the show.

I love your psychologist view on the show and on House's character, it's always so great to read your analysis. I share your hope, 100%. and I also agree that the writers are handling this to perfection so far. I'm very impressed. This show will go down in history. I hope I have kids one day and can share this magic with them...lol ok I'm getting carried away.

anyways, I actually had nothing to add, I'm waiting patiently (yeah, right...as patiently as I can) for the next episode, to see where they take us next.

joining my nostalgic picture that we probably will never actually see. :'(
 @DB it is so wonderful to have educated peminat-peminat like anda post such amazing komen-komen here. I have been t
After Bea's Unwritten post I couldn't get this song out of my head and I heard it again on the radio yesterday. :)
@mysuspicionis - I love that song.

@DB - In other words, i am waiting for a House that, under the constant influence of Cuddy's love and reassurance, will outgrow his fears (not completely - fears are also healthy, making him value what he has), enough to be himself again, free "to run around the hospital like a monkey in a banana factory", free to do the things he likes, free to be who he is, but also free from his need to be extra-cautious and extra-cynical, somewhat freer from his trust issues and freer to reveal and express his true self. In other words, when loved unconditionally for who he is, he can gather the strength to be a better person, a healthier person, while still being true to his deep nature. That is the miracle of unconditional love...

Beautifully stated.

@Fran2 - But do you see? It's all about hope and love and fairytales. We are incurable romantic people.....and always will be :)
I love @Fran2
True statement. reason:
Rare it is to find a real love. An emotion that is unselfish, that believes the best of the person that is its target. Love doesn't keep a record of wrongs and rejoices at the right. This type of love loosed in a person's life can unlock a dark soul and give it light and air to breathe. Cuddy's love has been a hammer to the walls in house's life. It is almost impossible not to fall in love with them.
 @mysuspicionis - I Cinta that song. @DB - In other words, i am waiting for a House that, under the
@mysusp. I keep thinking of that song when I read the title of the next ep. I didn't want to mention it because this is the kind of song that stays stuck in my head for a VERY long time.. :P

Also I meant to say about 'Selfish' I don't know why but I LOVE how they share the pen to sign the love contracts, how he hands it to her and waits for it, just, the whole thing. I honestly don't know why but I love it :D
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
monkey
Cartoon break!
(Just laughing at Cuddy's monkey in a banana factory line..& I LOB3 Curious George!).

P.S. You guys are way too smart for me today..but thanks for marvelous ongoing dialogue...I'm taking notes! Have a happy-new-(H)ouse Monday...& don't slip on a banana PEEL!! Later.
 Cartoon break! (Just laughing at Cuddy's monkey in a pisang factory line..& I LOB3 Curious George!
hampir setahun yang lalu sarahousemd said…
wink
Just finished reading all the new replies, and oh god they were good! :D
Especially this one made me laugh:
@Blue "It is a common phrase in the USA that when a man sees the doctor for a check up or exam..the doc holds a guys balls and tells him, "Now turn your head and cough," this so they can examine the muscle response down there..etc.. So, the joke was, DR. Cuddy was kinda giving House an exam there by grabbing hold of his "package," in front of Wilson..but didn't even ask him to cough."

It really made me get a greater understanding of that amazing and FUNNY scene! Thank you so much :D

Another thing is, do you think that thirteen will come back?
House made a new intro with the new names, and Olivia Wilde was on the board, and I don't think that they would put her on the board if she was only going to be in one single episode?
I hope she'll be back, she's great :D
@tammyr50 "Cuddy's love has been a hammer to the walls in house's life. It is almost impossible not to fall in love with them."

And I want to add, with all due respect XD XD XD, that the writers are real bastards because it's their fault if we are in this shaky state of mental health ;-)) Could we use a hammer too? Just to open the DShore's head and see what blend into his brain XD

@DeliaB "The extent of the healing is dependent upon the extent of the initial damage, of course."
I totally agree here. I wrote somewhere (I don't remember where....) that when your job is to treat every day with injured people, in order to maintain your own balance and a kind of emotional distance you have to resign (and I use this word because sometimes it's not easy at all) to accept a fact: to resolve bad problems sometimes there could be only bad solutions (comparing the definition 'bad' to our own standard). There are no perfect solutions and magic healings that may work for everyone in the same way but there is a personal health standard that allows people to feel good even if not in the way we'd want.

And I can also agree with your following statement about House:
"Based on everything we saw in 6 years, i do not believe that House is too damaged and beyond all hope. I am not viewing this from a Beauty and the Beast point of view. The extent of his healing is STRICTLY LIMITED. He will never be normal, never be sane, never be truly functional. NEVER. He is too damaged for spectacular changes and sensational healing.
BUT i do not believe that there is nothing to be done, either. His deep stream of humanity is there and it is responsive. He is capable of SLIGHT changes, given the proper conditions provided by Cuddy. He is capable of feeling SOME happiness, some meaning, some peace. He can learn it. He is not necessarily doomed to being miserable and alone and a drug addict all his life. Doesn't have to be."

What I fear is related to 'try not to slip on a banana PEEL' (@bluehue's credit and thank you so much for the warning!! lovely pic BTW.... I had the impression of looking at myself in the mirror! XD XD XD ).
I know that TPTB are very smart but, you know, the more you fly higher the more you can hurt yourself falling down! Perhaps this is why I'm currently trying to fly low....the turkey's flight XD XD XD

@sarahousemd – I like 13 character too and I hope that she will come back soon but we can't be certain.

People! It's Monday.....Happy New House to everyone

P.S. what happened to @Bea? A premature death?? bad luck XD XD XD
@fran, Bea was out of town Sunday she should be back sometime today, do not worry, yet. I'm sure we'll hear from her soon. But I agree that we notice it when she isn't here!
Heat that Bea! we miss you :D

Happy Monday to everyone, it's a sunny morning here, looks like a great day ahead, so pumped for tonight's episode (when am I not)

Ok, I've got nothing smart to say. have a nice day!
 @fran, Bea was out of town Sunday she should be back sometime today, do not worry, yet. I'm sure we'l
hampir setahun yang lalu Katia1997 said…
"it's a sunny morning here"

Oh... I envy you))) It's sooo cloudy and only +8ºC really cold.
Re-watching Huddy scenes keeping my mood high)))) Can't wait to watch new ep))))
 "it's a sunny morning here" Oh... I envy you))) It's sooo cloudy and only +8ºC really cold. Re-
big smile
Awwwwwwwwwwww! I am back! God I missed this place!!!

What did I miss? Are there new pics? New promos? Huli news? Spoilers? Need an update :D

@Delia your comments are amazing but I can't read that all XD XD X It's insane it will take me ages to cacth up XD XD XD

I'll get up at 3am in the end ;) My exam is tomorrow afternoon so I can cacth up on some sleeping in the morning...I gotta tell @wen...she'll be watching with me ;D
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
sunny
"The extent of his healing is STRICTLY LIMITED. He will never be normal, never be sane, never be truly functional. NEVER. He is too damaged for spectacular changes and sensational healing. BUT i do not believe that there is nothing to be done, either. His deep stream of humanity is there and it is responsive. He is capable of SLIGHT changes, given the proper conditions provided by Cuddy."

Spectacular changes probably won't and couldn't happen, but we could witness a slow and descent evolution of his personality.

However, House should be tasked to maintain the delicate balance between preserving his identity and fusioning with another human being. Cuddy will probably confirm, and he is also aware that it’s not necessary to try so hard to make his partner happy. However, any relationship is a test in the sense that we are able to open for the other, believe in him or her, and break through the walls around us. This is a difficult task for everyone, even more difficult for such a personality that Hose has. One of the most complicated issue in a relationship is handling this kind of balance, when you realize that your partner has become a part of your inner world, but the core of your own self has remained.

In House’s case it’s especially interesting, and I think our dearest writers will portray this beautifully as well. I believe so…

Oh I can't wait for the next episode, Monday is a holy day for us!:)
smile
I guess this is the article @Delia was talking about...and since also @Anon was curious, here is a translation:

"Cover Magazine

House and Cuddy ends in bed
AT LAST!
“We are scared to death”

----------------

Bed photograph

“House” came back with more bed troubles than O.R on the seventh season.

THE DOCTOR AND HISS BOSS WILL BE SO MUCH IN LOVE THAT HIS TEAM WILL END UP SUFFERING THE SIDE EFFECTS.

James Wilson – R.S. Leonard. The loyalty House’s friend goes on with his ex-wife-
Eric Foreman - Omar Epps. Regrets Thirteen’s departure.
Chris Taub – Peter Jacobson. Doesn’t agree that House and Cuddy are together.
Gregory House – Hugh Laurie. His face gave him away: he’s in love like a child.
Lisa Cuddy – Lisa Edelstein. Much more sexier, bet for his love life.
Thirteen Hadley – Olivia Wilde. She moves away for a while and the reason will be a mistery.
Robert Chase – Jesse Spencer. Will have a new partner and lover.

----------
Page 11

THE MORE ROMANTIC AND EAGERLY AWAITED HUDDY IMAGES.

“This time it’s true”. In the first episode, House celebrates his happiness. His sexual encounter with Cuddy won’t be a vicodin’s effect anymore. After her love’s declaration, he prepares an unforgettable journey, just the two of them, locked and far away from hospital hurry…
There will be time for passion, laughs and doubts as well. “It’s gonna be great”, she says. ‘Huddy’ (House+Cuddy) its already a reality.

----------------
“Right now we are more important than what’s going on at the hospital”. Yes, the one talking like that is House (Hugh Laurie) and he’s doing it still under the effect of the narcotics from Cuddy’s confession (Lisa Edelstein) that ended season six.
The seventh season starts in that same moment. The Princeton-Plainsboro dean of medicine has given in to House just when he has hit bottom again. And that final kiss, that moved Huddy’s fans –like they call it the couple-end it with many years of sexual tension.
“So, now what?”. The answer to this question not only asked by the doctor, but also by the fans, and that also serves as a name for the first episode, won’t be coming late. After the USA premier FOX will offer the first chapter on V.O.S on Friday, October 10 and since Friday 26 in dubbed version. Furthermore, very soon you will be able to watch it on Channel CUATRO. From this moment we will know how “this beginning of something” will be portrayed as Cuddy’s define it.
House changes and plays with Cuddy at being a loving and naughty kid. He also has a cure for all those past wounds: being alone just the two of them a whole day, far away from the operating room and the hurry of the diagnosis.

A Lot of Sex
The doctor gives all his self to please her. Sex, breakfast at bed, more sex and a magical baths… For the first time words don’t matter: “Don’t analyze things to death” Cuddy said. This it’s the first sign of everything going well…
And he takes her thru the memories and places that mean something to both of them. Even though she has one doubt: “Why didn’t you tell me you loved me?”. And the vertigo begins. “House and Cuddy” are scared to death. He feels like a baby who’s starting to walk” Laurie says.

The first setback he’ll have is when he tries to convince Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) that now they are “Cuddy and I”. They aren’t sure to make their relationship public.
Immediately they are stricken by the memories and House gives up “to the horrible things he has done to his boss and he isn’t sure if he can change at all”. Even though she comes to rescue him: “I know you are always gonna be screwed up. But you're the most incredible man I've ever known.”

The beginnings of their history are worthy from a romantic comedy. They don’t go out from their safe place until the second episode, which is when reality imposes. She comes back to his boss position, and he, to his medical diagnosis. Will they assume those roles like they’ve done it before?.
“It’s not that their relationship will work or fail in just one episode. This is something real and they must try. We’re going to attempt to make a true exploration of this relationship throughout the season. Up to this point they’ve fallen apart because it was dangerous and they were afraid of the consequences. But this time they’re gonna try”, says Katie Jacobs, series producer.
Lisa Edelstein, whom now can finally brag about her “very smart sexy boyfriend”, is optimistic. “They’ll have some problems, but it’s gonna be ok for a while. There has always been chemistry and this was a logical step. Both need what they’ve never had: love”.

BE THE BOSS
At work, however, nothing changes: she is who tells what to do and will keep refusing to his unique procedures. Concerning to the family he must get used to the idea that she is mother of a baby and to him “children are like aliens”.
“We both want this relationship to last, but we are too involved in how to get it. If we get the right how to, we’ll keep up; if we get it wrong, we won’t. Tough something’s gonna happen, at last”, Hugh says, who is afraid of House getting hurt: “If this fails he’s not gonna try again”.

------------------
Page 12
At the moment, they’ll act like any other couple: enjoy friends, in this case, Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) and Sam (Cynthia Watros), although, for a change, they won’t escape from some tensions.
“House will be desperate to find new things to have fun together and forgets that Cuddy just ended up her relationship with Lucas [Michael Weston]. He shows himself hard and demanding with her but actually he’s afraid to the happiness, he thinks happiness is built and doesn’t realize he is already immersed in it”. Lisa Edelstein explains.
House has become in a exception between the many shows that feed eternally the unrecognized attraction between their main characters, like Bones, Castle or The mentalist. Is it possible that a relationship between two people who know each other so well really works?

A CIENTIFIC PROBLEM
“Nobody thinks we’ll find the stability…This relationship is like a sentence! The commitment which was at times unbelievable now is total and genuine. He is a brilliant man, that fights against all kind of illnesses and, in this case acts like he has to resolve a scientific problem. He gives everything, even if is a torment, says Laurie.
In this way, every day together is a new obstacle. “It’s not an easy situation to solve and we’ve got to play with that. Nor give it less attention or close it in the third episode. Their relationship is part of the series. There will be problems about age, Cuddy’s motherhood, work…” Jacob says.
In real life, Hug Laurie doesn’t live such lucky situation. Being one of the best paid actors in television (273.000 euros per episode) doesn’t compensate. It’s been six years since he works in Los Angeles, but his wife and his two teenagers children live in London: “To be this show hasn’t made my marriage easier, it is like I joined the navy”. All of this not taken into account the leg pain he suffers as results of simulate his character’s limp.
Maybe the current House state of happiness will be a relief for the actors sadness, House is totally surrendered to Cuddy. “He just needed a little preparation. He really loves his boss and has to be able to keep her by his side”, Lisa insists.
And how will the rest of their workmates at the Princeton.Plainsboro gonna take the relationship? “Chase [Jesse Spencer] will be in favor; Taub [Peter Jacobson], is indignant, and Foreman [Omar Epps] will be indifferent” Jacobs reveals.
They are more affected by Thirteen leaving (Olivia Wilde). The reason is a mystery for everyone: “It will be surprising and juicy, and has a lot to do with thirteen’s presonality”, the series creator gives clues. This temporary absence could be related with the Huntington disease she suffers. In reality, the actress is filming “Cowboys & Aliens” with Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig.
The doctor will be looking for a covering doctor, which will turn out to be an insolent student played by Amber Tamblyn (General Hospital, Joan of Arcadia). And it is announced that Cameron returns (Jennifer Morrison). Will Laurie count with her again in the episode he’ll direct?

Maria José Andrés.

MORE FEMININE PRESENCE
Lisa won’t be the only woman who fascinates House. He’ll meet his mother-in-law! His mother’s partner is the veteran actress Candice Bergen (Boston Legal). Is in the arrogant doctor plans to become into a model son-in-law?
And between his patients, in the third episode, he receives Amy Irving (Steven Spielberg’s ex-wife), a young adults writer whom he admires and that attempted suicide.
Besides, the following weeks, he will have to cope with his new assistant (Amber Tamblyn), Alison Stoner (Camp Rock) and Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing) who’ll participate as patients.

Candice Bergen, the unforgettable Murphy Brown, will become the demanding House’s mother in law; she has previously appeared in Boston Legal"

Source: link
interesting read.
Thank you for posting Bea
Sorry to bother you guys, but timeline question. According to the schedule we have got, this year there shouldm't be neither a Thanksgiving ep or Christmas one so far, right? Last ep will supposedly air on Nov 22 *cries*

I was just wondering, usually a consistent amount of fictional time passes between one season and the other. They air the finale on May..so, more or less, three months pass and then...Premiere right? This year it didn't happen. They picked it up where they have left it. So....these eps we are watching....when do they happen? Summer? I mean summer "summer"...June? Where's Cuddy's birthday is supposed to happen then? Is this the reason why we are not getting any Holiday ep?

Nerdish question :P
We never actually knew when Cuddy's Birthday is, so they can place it whenever they want. And we only mentionned House's once I think
WHAT!!! No Christmas episode!! grrrrrrrrr I didn't watch the Ausiello video but SPOILER I saw the preview clip of House asking Wilson to name one thing he and Cuddy have in common and Wilson can't do it. I've wondered since we've had hints that things don't go so well if Wilson gets really mad when Cuddy and House are mean to him and Sam at the go kart track and tells House something along the lines of "you know what you have in common---you are jerks"
@Anon: Thank you for your compliment - you are always such a dear:))))))
And please, take all the liberties you want, sweetheart:) We are all working here for the grand purpose of understanding everything better and possibly even making the world see how amazing they are:)))))) No intellectual property applies:)

@Tammyr50: Your post was very sweet. And your final line is something that i have in my head 24 hours each day: how is it possible that there are people who can't see it?!?! How can it be, that some twisted dark minds out there are still incapable to see how perfect and magical and sublime this love story is?!

@Fran: i agree with that very subjective and variable interpretation about what "mental health" and "inner peace and satisfaction" might mean to a person. There are so many degrees possible! There are so many personal, original, uncommon ways in which a damaged person can reach a level of health and well-being...

That is why i cannot understand people saying that Huddy is doomed beacuse House will always be damaged. YES. I acknowledge his damage. But why is it that people fail to acknowledge that he is, and always has been, functional in his damage - in a very unusual and original, and also beautiful, way? He doesn't have to fit into the common stereotype to "prove" that he got healed. Their relationship doesn't have to fit into a stereotype to "prove" that it is functional. Why can't they be together in the most true and authentic, and yet dysfunctional and unusual way?...

In regard to the Banana Peel (who ate the banana, Blue?:): i refuse to go there. I have lived in fear for 2 years, since my Huddy madness began. I won't do it this year too. YES, I AM AFRAID. But i am afraid just like House and Cuddy, in full awareness of how my life will be devastated if this fails. That does NOT mean that i won't live it fully, or that i will allow my faith to shake. This is it, now or never, and i will not get into it with any half-measures.

@True_love_huddy: i think the phase he is in now (doing the impossible to keep her at a very unrealistic level of excitement and happiness) is motivated by two things:
- his deep fears that, if one days goes by without her being swept away, he will lose her (which is sooo sweet, come to think of it...)
- the crazy intensity of his love and how overwhelmed he is: it IS natural for new lovers to get lost in each other, for identity boundaries to be wiped out, for the lovers to drown into each other and lose sense of who they were before

The cure for both is time... I'm sure Cuddy will do her best to prove to him that she is comitted and her love is not fading away at any wind blow. And the awe, the amasement that makes them both lose themselves and their identities will fade in time, and it will be replaced by intimacy and comfort.

"One of the most complicated issue in a relationship is handling this kind of balance, when you realize that your partner has become a part of your inner world, but the core of your own self has remained".
This is a beautiful idea and a beautiful phrase. And yes, i pray that the writers take Huddy further and further, to the point where we actually see not just their (mostly his) struggles to accomplish this goal, but also the result - which will be of breathtaking beauty.

There is this quote from a Romanian author, Mircea Eliade: "the true nature of man, as opposed to beast and to God, is his instinct to transcend, to get freed from himself and to join with another, the urgent need of breaking the iron circle of individuality. Ultimately, what defines humans is the way they leave themselves behind and get united with another, the way they run from limitted solitude towards perfect freedom within the other one's freedom".

@Bea: thank you for going to such trouble and translating the whole article. I really appreciate it:))))) And it is a beautiful article.

@DB-"The cure for both is time... I'm sure Cuddy will do her best to prove to him that she is comitted and her love is not fading away at any wind blow."
I think we could see the first steps in this episode "Unwritten". Cuddy's words about common "common" were perfect: simple, honest and beautiful-means more than "I love you", tells more than any "common" phrase used by common people. I need one day at least to process it...

The Eliade-quote is so true and beautiful-thank you!:)
hampir setahun yang lalu Belle0308 said…
I have to say that I love Cuddy even more if that is possible. House too of course. I love that he is worried about the future. When I started dating my husband I used to tell my Mom and Sister that I figured he would break up with me any day. I just figured things were too good.
On the other amazing thing, when Cuddy gave her little talk about Common I was SO happy. Those are my feelings exactly. Again my husband and I couldn't be more opposite. We have virtually nothing in common and yet, we have been married 16 years. Having things in common is very overrated. It is more about enjoying different things together. Just being together.
I hate to throw this into the personal realm, but I am SO glad to see this with Huddy. Overcoming some obstacles and showing a little more of a real situation.
hampir setahun yang lalu maverickangel35 said…
I just loved this episode! I mean, just as a book person, a lit major, and someone who works surrounded by books on a daily basis, I adored House being such a "fangirl," if you will :)

And I still insist that was a Twilight shout-out--I mean, come on, what ELSE were they referring to with that "Team Whoeveritwas" stuff? *clambers off soapbox* Awesome episode.
Does anyone know a download link for "Unwritten" ??
And... PERFECT. AGAIN. Played out to freakin' absolute perfection.

I mean, naturally, the Huddy in this episode. Again. And again. And again - PERFECT. Three episodes in a row that set the foundation for the most beautiful and rock-solid of relationships.

The highlights, for me:
- her words of reassurance were marvelous and EXACTLY what she should have said; true and simple and beautiful and honest - and melting!
- their amazing partnership at work is something that i missed from earlier seasons, and the way it is going now is superb - they are understanding each other wordlessly and Cuddy is helping him so much:)

Also, on the books: i interpreted it as a self-referrence to the show. The way it will end, the expectations that fans have, even the shipping fandoms that hate each other... The bad idea of ending a series with a cliffhanger (i'm with House on that one!). And ultimately, how it all turns out for a character that fans adore...
I am sure this is something that David Shore et comp are considering and it's bugging them. I only hope they choose to end the series on a positive note, when time comes...
True_love_huddy: happy you liked that quote, I made a mess of translating it into English, but it's my favorite quote about love ever. It explains exactly how people can live in both union and individuality, transcending their solitude and becoming more than what they were - or, as Cuddy put it, "you make me better and i hope i am making you better".

PS: my husband and i have "nothing" in common either. None of the little things, anyway: we don't like the same food, drinks, books, movies etc etc etc.
But we have the big things in common - and so do House and Cuddy.

They have a similar psychological structure (even if he is more damaged than her), they share the passion for their jobs and they are both addicted to the truth and doing the right thing. They both take crazy risks when they believe in something and they both took decades to find somebody to love - somebody who is really the one.
They are soul mates in so many ways... They have all the deep and essential things in common - who the hell cares about the rest?!
gah!! I want to read your comments and share mine but I need to watch the ep first!
Still looking for a download link.

Found one!! so excited!! XD XD
Did you like it, anon? I absolutely loved it.
big smile
Just wanted to say I loved the ep, loved House who was, if possible, cuter than ever. Loved Cuddy, I mean Lisa...she was amazing in her role =,). Love the way those two have slightly changed their acting and succed in looking so loved up.

The cart scene was amazingly funny and Hugh and Lisa were just...no words. It's all for now, need to recover.

PS On the other hand I am gonna file an official complain: THERE ARE NO KISSES!!!!! XD
big smile
I have the same complaint as Bea about the kisses but I guess it wasn't so bad because there was so much other more important stuff going on for them. I have to say one of my least favorite parts was the go-carts, don't know why, I did laugh a lot but it just didn't cut it for me.
I LOVED Cuddy's 'common' speech, she always knows what to say doesn't she. And I love that House is so worried and trying so hard to make this work, I think we all knew he would be like that but to actually see it is fantastic. I really enjoyed Wilson in this episode too.

I like that this episode was so typical 'old' HOUSE, the Huddy wasn't overwhelming but it was there and it was important aspects to the evolution of their relationship.

@mav. I think there was absolutely a shout-out to Twilight, the team thing and the 'why can't she love both' or whatever he said! And it was so great to see House be a 'fangirl' as you put it. I think it fits his personality.

I also really enjoyed Cuddy's wardrobe :D lots of new outfits and have you noticed in the scene at the end (blue dress) she's wearing the same earnings she was in the UMS BSN detox hallucination thing. I love noticing that they re-use clothes and accessories, makes it feel more real to me. (I could write a whole article on Cuddy's clothing uses through the seasons ;) )

Bottom line, I really liked it, it was nothing extravagant, just a great dare I say 'normal' House episode like we got in the earlier seasons, I really really liked it and I love the way this season is going.

I didn't really go in depth about the ep but I need to watch it again and I can't tonight!
Re: the lack of kisses--

I was annoyed at first and then I realized it's a good thing. The whole point was that House was worried that sex was all they had in common. And then, Cuddy went and gave him that whole spiel about how they were good together etc and she walked away without kissing him and I was like "Why DIDN'T you kiss him?" and then it was

"Ohhhhhh, that's the message! They don't NEED the sex. They have a relationship above and beyond the sex. I get it now."

(although the sex, I'm sure... is great) lol
@mav-"Ohhhhhh, that's the message! They don't NEED the sex. They have a relationship above and beyond the sex. I get it now."

Thank you for this interpretation, you are right. I must admit that I missed so much the kisses too. But not just the kisses, I missed any kind of physical contact, not only the sexual-related ones. Still, thinking over your idea, I can see how perfecly it accompanies the main theme of the episode, and it really simbolizes the outstanding, supreme strenth of their relationship.

But my Huddy-heart is not so rational, and misses those little intimate touches between them, and hopes it could get more in the next episode!:)

@DB-"They have all the deep and essential things in common - who the hell cares about the rest?!"
Absolutely. To have something in common with someone else can't pertain only to hobbies, it must be deeper. The people can share the same habit, way of thinking, ethical judgement, sensitivity etc. Hobbies are just different kind of manifestations of ideas, of personalities.
And we mustn't forget that a love relationship can't be explained only by these rational similarities, let's leave some place for the magic and mistery too!;)
wink
I loved the Twilight subtext and I agree on the sex/kisses interpretation (ok, why @mav is being so much smarter than us @Anon? *goes check her brain*) but....let just the fangirl inside me have her moment, ok? ONE DAMN CUTE PECK!! XD
smile
Anyway so far, Selfish stays my fav...not for the kisses, but all condisered I think it was the most perfect one we have got in months.
hampir setahun yang lalu mams said…
cool
The closest thing to HUDSEX is the reference to the interesting perfume she's wearing that in the words of the POTW was "all over him last night"

The closest thing to HUDSEX is the reference to the interesting perfume she's wearing that in the wor
heart
Great line indeed, and also Cuddy's smile when she says it's a gift. We must assume it's been days already House has been buying her stuff, courting her so to speak =,) What a man....*sighs* isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen?
 Great line indeed, and also Cuddy's smile when she says it's a gift. We must assume it's been days al
@Bea-"isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen?"
Yes he is!;)

I also loBed the duality of their dialoges: accentuating their opinion apart as a co-worker, and as a lover.:)
hampir setahun yang lalu rue0613 said…
smile
I'm with @ Bea... "Selfish" is still my favorite... Like her, not because of the kisses, but there's some certain spark in that episode... XD
@Rue and @Bea = Maybe you like it because she straighten out his limp. LOL
 @Rue and @Bea = Maybe anda like it because she straighten out his limp. LOL
wink
Ahah, well @Tam it was more like a overall impression :) I just found it more Housian in...."so many ways" XD

BTW...it's just me or for a fraction of second, before kissing him, they both look at each other's lips? BTW he is also smiling....@Rue had mentioned sth like a cinematographic term that expressed this moment...need to ask her.
 Ahah, well @Tam it was lebih like a keseluruhan impression :) I just found it lebih Housian in...."so many
Only a few brief impressions after a first and rather hasty run. I watched Unwritten with an attitude that I could define bulimic, I swallowed it voraciously and I have yet to understand why o_O. Probably my withdrawal symptoms are worse if I can not live without a new House for a week!
I loved the ep sooooooooooooo much, every single shot was perfect in my perception (or are my withdrawal symptoms speaking again?).
I loved House, I loved Cuddy, I loved Wilson and Sam, I loved the POTW, I loved ChaseTaubForeman, I loved House's cane, I loved Cuddy's clothes, I loved the whiteboard's return and Taub's coat used as a whiteboard.
I loved this dialogue (if I remember it well):
The team to House: you say that everybody lies
House to the team: Yes, but there is always an answer.

Do you know what is odd (I lobe this word XD XD XD) about your comments? Also my husband and I are like this: apparently we don't have any interest in common, but what matters is that we're deeply committed to something beyond the surface and we make each other happy. This is what gives me hope for House and Cuddy.

My very personal speculation about the lack of kisses: I get the impression that in sexual terms H&C are walking backwards, like shrimps. I come from a comparison related to the food: initially they had voracious sex because they were very hungry for each other. But now that they have "just a little" ;-) appeased the hunger they'll probably be able to enjoy each other with greater ease, hearing even the smallest taste. They will kiss slowly savoring each other. And I can't wait to see that ALL!!!!

P.S. Don't be fooled because this short comment is just the beginning ... more will follow XD XD XD

@bea The shakespearian t-shirt we were talking about is in the @Tammyr pic above your comment :-)
hampir setahun yang lalu rue0613 said…
big smile
To be honest I love how the writers are tackling one "couple" problem at a time.
01 - Now What - House's self-destructive tendencies/House's acceptance to his feelings.
02 - Selfish - Work ethics
03 - Unwritten -House's insecurity about the relationship and need of assurance.
They are really taking one step at the time, which is great and what I love about it is though those topics are supposed to be boring, they wrote it quite well and it isn't.
House is about the epic journey of the character Gregory House, and well, now it's about his relationship, as much as last season was about his addiction. So yeah, I love how it's going so far.
@ Bea - "split second reaction"... Sorry, there is one thing what makes an actor/tress great, that's the emotion in their eyes. Even if they cry/laugh/whatever if it doesn't reach their eyes, it NOTHING. And to be honest the eyes is the most difficult part of the body of make it "act". So it's either they "method" it or it's just pure plain natural. And to be honest, actors, as we all know always put a part of themselves on the character to the point that it transcends them. In the moment, Hugh was supposed to act amused, as you will notice on the next part after that when he looks at Wilson, BUT the "feeling" on his eyes are not... XD... Get what I mean?
heart
@Fran:

"They will kiss slowly savoring each other"

You've just caused a nosebleeding combined with a heart-attack....thank you very much XD Now there's no way I am gonna be able to wait quietly for next ep XD

@Rue:

Thanks sweetie, I get what you mean and I am 100% with you. I think eyes really can't lie. You can be the hell of an actor and Hugh is for sure, but as far as faking love is concerned, he has never been able to to that. I have seen some movies, scenes, also past eps from House can prove it. He is not that good when it comes to romance.

""But he insists he could never menage a leading romantic role where he would have to say 'I love you' since he has almost never says that in real life. Nor could he break down and sob on stage, since he can't remember the last time he actually cried"

Just saying...never say never ;)

In the hope we are gonna see another melting kiss one day....I imagine it to be nothing like the previous ones. Passionate but sexy, slow but intense; urgent but savouring.

*dies*
 @Fran: "They will Ciuman slowly savoring each other" You've just caused a nosebleeding combined with
wink
BTW Another slipt second reaction....love the way he looks at her lips and she in turn to his link