Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 551-600 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
I guess for me it was always be this episode. We lose the ability as we get older to have that child-like faith and love. She loved through a lot of mess. She loved them both through their mess.
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
sunny
G'morning all you soft hearted Peace Penguins! (Actually it's afternoon, but I slept in). I'm glad House picked the penguin & not beaver, that would have been crude & rude!

Agree @rue, the show tackling couples issues, a side benefit for the audience, how nice.

I am so intrigued by (H)ouse so far, the writing is tight as a drum...and the storyline with a strong & steady beat this season...Huddy heartbeat that is.

So charming that House took his date on a B&E to Alice’s gothic style place...what a strange adventure for Cuddy..so used to being in the administrator’s seat...getting a taste of the “goings on,” previously..all such things played out behind her back.

I also like how the writers are using the temporary lack of females to the shows (funny) advantage, spotlighting “the boys,” & Chase quipping he didn’t get any sleep either..haha.

Amy Irving delivered the goods with her performance, she really made you feel she was this writer...and l loved when she plunged the “death” needle into her leg..which even gave House a start.

Relationship-wise, House is playing his complex doubting game, in bouncing fears off of Wilson, but so far..Cuddy calms him right down with her go with the flow attitude.

P.S. Thanks for sharing @Belle..and everyone, such interesting points of view as always. Lack of kisses thing...well IMO, House made up by knocking Sam out of the race for Cuddy’s honor.

Question: Did House really call Cuddy’s mom, or was he kidding?
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
wink
"Question: Did House really call Cuddy’s mom, or was he kidding?"

Ahah, why are we two always obsessed by things we will probably never know? XD Like my timeline question a few post ago :P We are hopeless @BH ;)
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
True_love_huddy:
"To have something in common with someone else can't pertain only to hobbies, it must be deeper. The people can share the same habit, way of thinking, ethical judgement, sensitivity etc. Hobbies are just different kind of manifestations of ideas, of personalities."
Fully agree, my dear:))))

On the lack of sex/kisses: i missed them too, but i think it's a smart move.
The sex is in the subtext and there is no indication whatsoever that they are having less or that the hunger has diminished.
Based on House's "sex, sex, sex" speech to Wilson and that sensual and very satisfied look on Cuddy's face during the perfume talk, i would say they are as insanely hungry for each other, perhaps moving onto a phase of more "elaborate", more refined and savoury sex.

But that is something that we won't see much. We know it's there, but they can't show it every week. When we'll have indoors scenes of them, in their homes, maybe we'll see cuddling or kissing or touching. But this ep focused on them at the hospital and in public, and it would be too much to ask for kisses etc.

On the other hand, please don't kill me!, i don't want tiny casual pecks from them. Those express comfort and affection, but when we do get more kisses and physical scenes, i want crazy passion. The deep kisses that were so largely discussed here:)))))))

For instance, i'm thinking this: in "Massage Therapy", Cuddy could get all angry and insecure about the bimbo and she would finally break out and yell at him, maybe crying too.
And apart from the reassuring words he will tell her, i would like him to sweep her off her feet in a passionate kiss like the one in UMS. Proving to her that he wants her, and will always want her, like no man ever wanted a woman...

PS: did you see she kept the penguin?:)))) She said she'd return it, but days after, when House goes to her office looking for Alice's real identity, the penguin is on her desk. Sweet:)
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
heart
@DB
"I don't want tiny casual pecks from them." I don't kill you dear, but still why not?:D
Only sometimes!;)Well I wouldn't refuse those passionate scenes neither, I assure you. Actually we can declare we have already watched 3 episodes from the new season, but we still haven't seen their TONGUES. It's a torture and unfair!!!:)

"For instance, i'm thinking this: in "Massage Therapy", Cuddy could get all angry and insecure about the bimbo and she would finally break out and yell at him, maybe crying too.
And apart from the reassuring words he will tell her, i would like him to sweep her off her feet in a passionate kiss like the one in UMS. Proving to her that he wants her, and will always want her, like no man ever wanted a woman..."

OMG, I can already see them closing my eyes so clearly...That assurance would be awesome!

laugh
"I would like him to sweep her off her feet in a passionate kiss like the one in UMS. Proving to her that he wants her, and will always want her, like no man ever wanted a woman..."

*drops dead*

@DELIA! PLEASE!!! There's still a whole week ahead!!! You can't...just...drop...sth like...THAT!!! XD You're be the end of me one day XD

Loved her hair BTW...and House looks slightly amused already...she, on the other hand, not that much...can't wait!!! :D
 "I would like him to sweep her off her feet in a passionate Ciuman like the one in UMS. Proving to her
Ha ha ha. I am so sorry, Bea dearest:)))))
Sweet dreams till Monday:)

@true_love_huddy: Hi hi hi. You know, i am so obsessed with the show, i have an endless collection of imaginary scenes that are very visual and in character. Hard not to, since it's on my mind 16 hours each day... Sometimes i even get it right, and there are scenes on the show that resemble my visions very well:)))))) It's very satisfactory.

I said "don't kill me" because i knew i wasn't very clear about it and it might give out the wrong message. Here it is, in a more elaborate way:

I want two things from Huddy, that are expressed by physical contact:

1. intimacy, tenderness and closeness: these can be expressed by the tiny kisses, by hand holding, by casual touching, by physical closeness when in a public space, by cuddling. It is a delicate area, because if this is something that will happen in many of their scenes together, these moments will become too common and too casual and they risk to be emptied of their deep meaning and emotional load - which is to show the miracle of House's intimate and soft side, the romantic side of him that we've eagerly waited for 6 years.
Look at us, how "unhappy" (kidding...) we are with the lack of tongues, after witnessing our wildest dreams coming true on screen, and we seem to be oblivious to the years in which we used to obsess over her pushing his feet off the stool or slapping his hand off her personal things - because that was ALL the contact we used to get in a whole season - and not just with Cuddy, but House with anyone; how many episodes went by each year before he would touch somebody who wasn't a patient?...
So, all i'm saying, these moments are VERY meaningful and special and i think they need to be chosen carefully, so that we can fully savour them when we see them.

2. passion and desire and chemistry: that is a side of them that can be easily shown (i am sure they are more than capable of redoing the UMS kiss five times a week).
But i think it's also wise not to overdo it - it is important that those scenes are shown in the right context. An emotionally loaded and significant context, so that the depth and coherence of the show are maintained - not just sex for the sake of showing sex, but sex that is loaded with a lot of significance and emotion.

Examples:
- it would be truly meaningful if we got an intimate touch (a peck or a handhold or a tiny caress) in a very dramatic moment, like when House is going nuts over a case
- it would be also truly meaningful to get passion and wild sex in other types of dramatic moments: after a fight, during a personal crisis of one of them, during a crisis of some sort at the hospital.

I have this vision, for instance, of them having a big fight about something and then Cuddy going over to his office to forgive him (it was his fault, and yet she makes the first move - very Cuddy-ish). And she sits on his desk, next to him (he's on the chair, like a million times before) and she tells him what he needs to hear. And then he burries his face in her lap and holds her so tight, that she can't breathe, and seconds later, he takes his hands off her waist and goes all over her legs, those sublime ankles, everywhere, lifting up her skirt - and then stands up and kisses her deeply, completely lost in passion, and it's obvious they'll have sex on that desk, right then and there.

hampir setahun yang lalu Katia1997 said…
surprise
"i have an endless collection of imaginary scenes that are very visual and in character"

Why you don't write fanfics then??? O.o
hampir setahun yang lalu evropia said…
I know exactly what you're talking about...
An imaginary scene that keeps playing on my head...

They fight over a case and Cuddy leaves earlier from the hospital.House wants to talk to her but he doesn't get the chance.It's really late when the team finally treats the patient and he knows he'll have to wait till tomorrow to talk to her.We see him riding with his bike but he can't go home.He stops outside of her house just like in The Itch.But now he is sure what he wants...He doesn't knock.Only takes the hidden key{just like he did in Humpty Dumpty}and opens the door.It's dark inside.He's walking quetly to her bedroom{after he stops and checks on Rachel}and he just watches her sleep.He takes off his clothes and lie down beside her in the bed pulling her closer.He kisses her on the temple and whispers i love you next to her ear.The moment he closes his eyes Lisa comes closer to him and says i love you too...Holding her tighter we see him grinning with his eyes still closed.
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
Sam and House are "Fannons" LOL And they both like go-carting. Never would have guessed they would be the ones with something in common and Cuddy would despise Sam :) Love that House called her a psychopath even though we were supposed to see parallels between them. The boy at the track cracked me up "get ready, get set...go away..." He reminded me of the waiter in the Invention of Lying "I'm very embarassed to work here". As someone else said cuddy kept the Peace Penguin.
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
smile
@Bea, "why are we two always obsessed by things we will probably never know?"
Guess I couldn't help picturing House calling up Candice Bergen b/c of the "Cuddy's mum" spoilers. We shall see if it comes up in conversation later...ha, but I know it won't!! We're hopeless.

@Delia, I never noticed you were obsessed with the show..but now that you mention, yea..a little. (I love to tease you).
If I were coma patient I would've woken up & screamed "Who stole my penguin!?"
So, thanks for clearing that up @delia & @mysusp, 'cause I hadn't noticed Cuddy still had it, sweeeeet!

Passion, romance, imaginations filling the pages here today, @katia's right, fanfiction forum thread...to be continued?! @evropia, that's an awesome scenario!!

Right @mysusp, the other thing with Sam..she really seemed to have fun programming the MRI machine so House could read the typewriter ribbon. (Kind of a love/hate thing going..maybe). P.S. Meant to say..will be on look out for @fran's further analysis of "Unwritten," no pressure.
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
kiss
Lovely words ladies.
I wish I could comment longer but as you know it's Tuesday which means very little Fanpop for me.

I just want to say:
@mav: very good point about the lack of kisses, makes a whole lot of sense, I guess I wasn't 'awake' enough to catch that. It's very Housian, makes me (almost) okay with the lack of kisses.
which brings me to:
@Bea "ok, why @mav is being so much smarter than us @Anon? *goes check her brain*"
LOL, please share with me how you 'check a brain' I'd like to perform some verifications myself! I love that you are all so incredibly intelligent, it makes me enjoy the show so much more!

@DB: (I think it was you, pretty sure, yeah it must be you)
All your imaginary scenes first of all are amazing! you really should try your hand at fanfics!!
I agree with your description of intimate moments, the public displays and passionate moments in intense times. I totally agree. And seeing it this way (again) helps me deal with this kiss-less episode.

It's true how we're so demanding, we want kisses but a few seasons (nevermind a few, LAST season) we would have been fine with a certain look or feet-pushed-off-chair moment. We're terrible! :P

As I've said, I think the writers are handling this SO so well and I pretty much agree with all you comments and analyses.

I also loved pretty much everything about the POTW, which I must admit I often kind of ignore, but I really like this one. The actress was GREAT, and the whole story about Jack Cannon being based on her son I found very touching. and of course the fact that House liked the books, so great!

Bottom line, I am a very happy fan!

Gotta go study, tttyl xox
heart
On a break, I take advantage to bring this review to your attention link I have already posted Barbara's, which was insightful and interesting as usual. But when I find random ones which are so good about the show, my little Huddy/House heart just beats faster and harder with joy. This is the umpteenth proof this show is really rocking this year ;) and everybody can aknowledge that. Let me quote the parts that made me spill a tear:

"They enhance and influence each other to experiment together what they wouldn’t dare try out on their own. Cuddy lets loose a little and House, who values truth above all, is willing to lie to his patient for her own good"

Can a fangirl, who have witnessed her hero going through of the possible stages of physical and emotional pain, be happiest at this point? I doubt a more overjoyed fandom has ever existed on earth :P

"The go-kart bit, which one might argue unnecessary and forced, actually serves multiple purposes: it unleashes House’s epiphany about the case and it demonstrates that House doesn’t succeed when creating up something unnatural to please Cuddy. His genuine ‘peace penguin’ gesture obtains a much better result.....House and Cuddy are definitely connected by both brain and body without uncovering everything"

I mean....I am in tears!!! XD

"It is quite clever to have House and Cuddy resort to an intelligent way of behaving around each other at work by expressing their thoughts either as boss/employee or boyfriend/girlfriend at the same time"

I found this absolutely adorable and I must admit I had feared it would be akward listeing to them calling themselves out loud like that, but I guess H&L's wonderful chemistry, the way they connect, brain and body too, helped smoothing the oddness, an unjustified fear maybe, making it look so natural one finds herself at loss for words and just raptured in the cuteness of each one of the times they call each other like that.

"At this point, their relationship is unconventional, unpredictable and therefore unwritten. What House thinks they need is slapped down by Cuddy who proclaims their future together can be whatever they want since they are unique and extraordinary"

This one gave me shivers...really. Reading someone talking like that about Huddy is just...priceless, precious, wonderful...overwhelming XD XD XD

"So far this season of House is delivering quality episodes and the House/Cuddy relationship not only doesn’t hurt the show but instead, infuses a breath of fresh air"

Amen! ;)
 On a break, I take advantage to bring this review to your attention http://series.nu/blog/review-hous
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@bea Thanks for the beautiful review, very moving....I can't find other words to describe it, you said everything :-)

Here I put other thoughts on the episode.
I wrote here that I watched Unwritten, the first time, with an attitude that I could define bulimic, I swallowed it voraciously.
I loved the entirely ep so much. I loved every single interaction between House and the rest of the world. In just 40 minutes we were able to appreciate the deep connections between the writers and the performers. These close relationships, this deep understanding are probably helping to build the great success of an episode.
Back to the meaning of "unwritten". For each of us what is really unwritten about our life? The future, our life's direction (that depends on us, on our attitude, our commitment to stay healthy but also by the case), the death, the end. Our destiny is also entrusted to the randomness and this means that we can not have everything under control. This is a huge challenge for House, the loss of control. And this is why he anxiously tries to prevent the devastating suffering that would cause the end of the relationship with Cuddy: he is psychologically and emotionally "anticipating" the fear of separation deceiving himself to being able to control the pain and not to be annihilated and destroyed by it. All in all a vital impulse, even if currently defensive. In this episode then we realized that House wants to survive with all his might (good for him and good for us that love him!).
I will not go into depth and examples to support this hypothesis because I think they are there for all (just an example is his inability to resign himself to "the end" decided by POTW for her book character, and perhaps it reflects also our inability to do the same about the [H]ouse's end....just saying). I would rather dwell on the various stages of the relationship with Cuddy that will probably be mirrored and matched by interior and psychological House's growth.
Initially when I felt my attitude "bulimic and voracious" I had not realized how much these definitions fit with the current perception that I have about their relationship: I feel that their relationship is currently setting in the Freudian oral fase (sorry because I'm again trivializing but it helps me to not go on too long), a symbiotic and nutrient relationship (probably this is why I get rather unexplained the absence of deep kisses between them). House needs this, both need this, as probably each of us at the beginning of a relationship because if we are in great love and passion there is nothing more satisfying than getting lost. But this phase is just the beginning of the trail, it can not be a fixation. The goal to achieve is the ability to establish a symbiotic love (sexual) relationship that fully satisfy ourselves and the ability to distance ourselves when needed. A complete person must evolve, must learn to strike the right balance between work and love, between public and private, between the inner child in need of reassurance and care, and the adult who can walk individually on his/her own feet. Could this be another content of the House's journey during this season?
Now I'm afraid I have lost the thread but never mind. Enough.
I just want to add that I really liked Cuddy's speech on common / uncommon (the indicator of well-being: "I'm never been happier").
So there isn't an ideal relationship model, but any loving relationship needs to be special to keep us hooked, in a unique way for each of us.
wonderful! I'll try to read the whole thing when I get a chance!
thanks for sharing!
@Fran: i read and commented on your review on Barbara's. Bottom line: i agree.

@Anon: you are as sweet as usual, my lovely:) Well, i am not going into fanfics because i take pleasure in dwelling over tiny fragments of scenes in my head. If i stick to only one scene at a time, it indulges my illusion that they are realistic enough to actually be part of an actual episode:))))))

I am happy my vision helped you put up with a kiss-less episode. I stick by my words - i think that too much physical contact, randomly spread across every episode, would diminish the impact and significance of the important physical scenes, that bear a deeper emotional meaning.

That is not to say that i would not sell my house, half a liver, a kidney and a lung for a Hugh-Lisa 2 hour long movie, in which they do nothing but touch. I don't even mean erotic or porn - just "What Now" sort of touching, and i would watch that movie endlessly, day and night, for the rest of my life.

But inside "House" episodes, i think this approach is healthier and wiser.

@Blue: yeah, go ahead and make fun of me:)))))) My level of happiness allows me to put up with anything:))))))

@Bea: honey! I lobe you for posting links to positive Huddy reviews:))))))) I really do, beacuse it gives me great (GREAT) pleasure to read them and i would not be able to find them on my own, since i am protecting my Huddy bliss with the fierce attitude of a mother lioness - thus, not entering any websites except this one, Barbara's and house-md.pl for sheer info. I don't want to expose my happiness to the hatred and idiocy of other "fans". So, thank you endlessly:)
"and i would watch that movie endlessly, day and night, for the rest of my life. "

oh DEAR! that would be the end of my life right there, I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything EVER again! haha

I think I'll try to watch Unwritten again today, I'll be stuck at school for 3 hours between classes and I can only handle so much homework at a time :P
@Bea, I just read the whole review you posted. It's great! I'm so happy people other than 'us' are enjoying the season, and I find it's written in a way that could maybe make anti-Huddies see that this is GOOD!!

I now have to read @fran's post and BB's review :P
Still have to read @fran's but I finally watched Unwritten again.

It really is a great episode :D. I still don’t like the go-cart scene there’s just something that really bothers me, but I like what the scene does (its role in the progression of the story).
I have a question for all of you smart literature ladies out there. Why does Jack not have the scar on his face when we see him after House tells Helen that he had a brain aneurism and the crash wasn’t why he died. I’m thinking maybe it’s because that’s how she can remember him now, as he was when he was alive and not the fictional character she made up to keep his memory alive. Do I make sense?? What do you all think the reason is. (Sorry, I know it’s not Huddy related)

The way House decides to lie to Helen about how her son actually died reminds me of ‘Finding Judas’ (3x09) when at the end Cuddy tells the parents of the girl they both would have to be carriers of the disease their daughter has just to keep them from fighting over that, to spare the girl more pain. I know it’s not really the same (I mostly thought about this because I saw ‘Finding Judas’ this morning :P) but that time it was Cuddy who lied for ‘the good of the patient’. I love how we see little glimpse of House caring for his patients.

As usual, the next episode can’t come quickly enough, though I do have to study for midterms so I guess time should go by fast enough. I am dead tired (and it’s only 8:15 PM) and have to get crakin’.
I’ll be back later

Edit: Never mind about the 'finding Judas' thing. EPP is a recessive disorder so both parents WOULD have had to be carriers. Cuddy wasn't lying. :D
I accomplished zero work tonight and I'm talking to myself, there's no one here
worried
@anon-I think you are right about the "Jack-without-scar" supposition, she wants to remember the old, real Jack without the injury that caused her remorse so deep. It can also simbolyze the farewell from the character and from her son too, maybe now she is ready to let him go...

I think the emotional and the rational parts of my personality are separated now: I fully agree with all of your comments about the "lack of kisses"-explanation, but my emotional part is dying to watch those touches...Oh, it's difficult to have schizophrenia!:D
smile
@Anon:

"I still don’t like the go-cart scene there’s just something that really bothers me, but I like what the scene does (its role in the progression of the story)"

Same here. I rewacthed the ep yesterday and as far as I like the concept, still the scene isn't good enough to win me over. As that journalist pointed out, there's something about those lines that really don't sound Housian. They are pretty lame lines and even the acting...especially Lisa when she says "never again"...IDK, sth bothers me too. But all in all, the scene serves a greater purpose and I love the concept behind it as I said.

On the scar "issue" I think you're right. In Harry Potter, Harry's scar stop prickling at the end of the series, once Voldermort has been destroyed, meaning he can now go on with his life having closed with his past. So each scar, just as House's, is a memento of your past and what defines you as a person: by picturing her character with that marking feature, Helen was remembering her son as a car-accident-victim, feeding her sense of guilt. Once House lies to her, she can finally get rid of that and start remembering him as her real kid.

big smile
BTW, some additional info for the interested ones (you know I like doing researches :P). Next ep sounds like might really be an amazing one. The writer is our beloved (recently got the title :P) David Shore, on whom I think I don't need to say more....the man is a genius, period. But, interesting enough too, the director is David Straiton who I personally adore. Just to mention some eps: Under My Skin, Teamwork, Baggage....;)

Can't wait for this ep!! :D
@Bea-Sounds great!

"Just to mention some eps: Under My Skin, Teamwork, Baggage....;)"
So maybe we could already see some UMS-type kisses, couldn't we? What do you think?;)
mischievous
I say that I hope David is just as Huli as he sounded in his last interview when he said it was no big deal the lovey-dovey attitude...there were probably just relaxing between takes XD

No really, the man wrote Under My Skin, House's Head, Help Me, Joy, Unfaithful...Let them Eat the Cake....tons of Huddy eps. He has a thing for kisses...and highly hot content XD All these eps were explosive...he practically collaborated in the writing of each ep of season 5, which was as far as Huddy was concerned....really unforgetable. Sexual tension climbing to the roof!!! :D
heart
AMEN!:)
hampir setahun yang lalu rue0613 said…
smile
Wow, that's for the info about the next episode, now I'm more pumped up.
David Shore is always the best when pulling new stuff about the characters because HE IS the brain of House as Hugh is it's heart... XD... It's mind boggling sometimes on how he unleash the last thought in each episode, and YES he is the man when it comes to Huddy epic moments... XD...
(Random thing, I don't mean to say this, since this is a Huddy spot but, the way DS wrote in how Cameron left in Teamwork was epic for me, Christ. When I imagine how he wrote the "walk-away" scene... *I'll stop here because the fallen-Hameron inside me might come out* XD...)
David Straiton is also my favorite because I love the "darkness" he offers when he directs. How he allow the camera "shake" to make the views fells the emotions more. House feels more for older views when he directs because in how he plays with shadows. GY tends to love the quality of the image, which sometimes interferes with the proper lighting the scene should have. I'm just saying. Also, I love the way he "blurs" his background VS GY's. It such more intense than GY's, because he does it in an "off focus" way than "subject against background" (which can be distracting because the viewers will really know that the lens were manipulated than in "off focus" that it's closer on how natural the eyes work, that than to pop out the subject it IS also partially blurred) stunning really...
Gosh, I miss Bryan Singer... I don't know why... Anyway, DSXDS team ups are always my favorite...
I'm waiting now what will Shore unfolds this time, God, I'm so happy that he wrote this coming episode. I hope this is not one of his "lite" written episode where he just plays with his sense of humor, "You know nuns right? After pulling out their IUD they just bounce right back"... I know it was Hugh that made that line but again, that was an episode late I really loved... Anyway, I'm blabbering now...
XD...
heart
"Anyway, DSXDS team up is always my favorite... XD..."

Mine too @rue and thanks for putting into words all the little things I notice too, but would be unable to phrase like that :)

"love the "darkness" he offers when he directs. How he allow the camera "shake" to make the views fells the emotions more"

This is one of my fav things about is direction indeed...and you're right about GY, loving much the quality of the image. He is very poetic: Now what was pure poetry in the love making and he does chose the lights wonderfully but he is more "static" as a director and as you said emotions stroke us differently when he is behind the camera, less intensly I would say. On the other hand Straiton has the ability to throw you insed the picture and you find yoursefl overwhelmed most of the time.

I love your analysis, I wish I could have studied cinema more. I had a course but just one. I am really fascinated by it, by the way images and lights and atmospheres can talk to the viewers. And what I find even more intruguing is the high level of tecinicism behind it, you know what I mean? Angles, and shots, and tecniques...the editing process, the cutting, the music choices and how they can be at odds with the images or vice versa. Can you suggest me some good book? I mean, sth interesting enough for someone who doesn't study those things but would like to read about...well..."the making of" I guess. I'd love that.
worried
Oh... this is the best film book and a must read to EVERYONE who studied film (I swear, I've been required to read this BUT I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT)...
Film Art: An Introduction
David Bordwell, Kristin Thompson
MY ADVICE ON HOW TO READ THIS BOOK:
Read the 1st chapter then jump to the Mise en scène chapter until the end so you won't get bored. Then onces you're done there, go back and read the whole book again. I swear to Huddy Gods HL and LE, you'll learn a lot. There are enough technical things in it, just not too much (because the very technical, mind dizzying stuff, please don't ask to know about it if you're not going to pursue film because I swear, *dies*) that you'll go crazy after. Again, this is the basic ESSENTIAL BOOK to ANYONE who wants to learn more about film.
Moving on... XD... GY technique is very much "television" in comparison with Straiton, his are more cinematographic... Gosh, I just remembered, if you'll notice at the "I'm not okay" (BNS) and "You think I could fix myself" (Help Me) by GY, I found the "over" blurring VERY distracting, specially at "Help Me" (NOT THE ACTORS GUYS, this is film critic thingy, I'm not talking about the acting)... In GY's the "impact of the scene" (in cinematographic-ally speaking) come out from the manipulation of the image. But notice in the scene at UMS when Hugh says "I'm hallucinating", the impact of something so strong WITHOUT any effect, get my point? He allows the viewers to focus on the "subject" without any blurring effect BUT the way the soft light illuminated slightly in House's face and the subtle movements of the "image"... See, you'll really know how "good" a directer is when the editing team/focusing doesn't have to manipulate anything because the image can stand on it's own. But I do have to give kudos to GY at BSN but dang, still overall manipulated image... But of course give huge thanks to his cinematographer Gale Tattersall, WHO ALSO did "The Choice" (OMG), "Now What" and "Selfish"... I'm just saying.
Back to "Unwritten", I found the shot's too "light", though the episode itself is "light", for me, the shots were to crisp... I'm blabbering again...
*bows*
*zips lips*
kiss
You're kidding me!!!!I have a Bordwell and Thompson's book! :D Mine is "Film Art: An introduction" There's sth techinical in it, but not so much, basically it's History of Cinema. I also read a book about cameras and lens, shots and so on but that was just a mini-guide to get the basics.

I'll go seeing if I can buy that, preferably in English. I hate being so poor on this kind of vocabulary :P Thanks!
smile
@ Bea - OOOHHHHH!!! Okay, I see... The Sixth and the latest, the Seventh Edition is a bit more technical. Again, basics are basics, (well the book doesn't even really cover 1/4 of the basics are really are...) BUT again, onces you do have the basics, experience... I don't have any other book to recommend because the rest is toooooooooooooooooooooo technical to the point of death, incredibly boring, and somehow, required to be thought by a professor and have "visual" teaching if you're not really going into the film industry. But again, that book is very very useful. Make sure to read the Mise en scène chapter onwards (skip the very last chapter because that's were film history really is) because all the technical stuff are there, from the 180 degrees in editing, to the difference of shot VS take, and A LOT of the info is at the glossary, which was weird... O.o... Anyway, I hope that helped...
XD...
Bea and Anon: i deeply disliked the go-karting scene. It is the first Huddy scene i have ever watched that felt phony - the lines were so corny, Hugh and Lisa were just not themselves saying them.

John C. Reilley, the writer of "Unwritten", has done mistakes like that before. There are scenes in his episodes that are way too corny for "House":(

I was also disappointed by the "boyfriend/employee" etc repetition. I understand and i applaud that they try to keep a very clear line between their professional and personal roles in each other's lives, but those formulas were too obvious and not housian enough.

Truth be told, there is nobody like Saint Doris. I like other writers too (Blake, Lerner, Garrett and most of all when Shore steps in), but Doris is housian to the bone. I am so sorry she left:(
smile
Me too @BH! I loved her, but I must say I like the boyfriend/employee lines, they were a cute thing IMO.

The writer is John C. Kelley (maybe you've mistaken the name with that of a famous actor called like that. They have a similar sound maybe, I don't know how you pronunce them) and I know what you mean cause I didn't enjoy Knight Fall last season. Corny sounds like a good definition to me. On the other hand, he has always written his eps (just those two for House) in collaboration with Shore, which probably explains why some dialogues are so good and classic House and some moments sounded so phony. To make an example, even if I liked the concept behind the go-cart scene the few lines in that sounded not very witty and funny as usual. Besides I don't know why they really chose that setting...I mean go-cart, really? But it's also true that, as the review I shared a few posts ago said, maybe IT WAS MEANT to sound and look that way: i.e. strange, artificial, unnatural. House is trying to find a way to connect to Cuddy, but the more effort he puts on it, betraying his true nature and making up a different version of himself and of them as a couple, the more he fails at it, maybe looking even more juvenile then he actually is with his classic behaviour. Because, as much as immature he might sound, House is also a man in the truest sense of the word and he's able to feel and understand the others, he is able to care and taking care of; he is smart, crazy and sexy: serious and funny. He's everything she wants basically...everything we all want from a man, really. At least that's the way each man has to look like (having all those qualities) before the eyes of the woman he loves and loves him back. Screw the rest of the world ;) The fact that Lisa then got the immense good fortune *winks winks* to actually find a man who's objectively like this, meaning a man that 98% of the female population worldwide finds just perfect...THAT is another story (Guess which Lisa I am talking about :P)

On the other hand, the dialogues with the POTW were sparkling and engaging as ever in my opinion, and I guess there's the master's hand in those.

All in all, anyway, I find it a great ep. Some tiny little details really caught my attention...such as Cuddy instantly asking House which room she was supposed to return her stuffed penguin and House answering her nochalantly without even trying to cover it, meaning the both know each other so well they don't need to hide from one another; I love that Cuddy doesn't feel insulted by gestures that might look disrespectful to someone else but that she instead is cabable of seeing the deep romanticism in them; I loved that she kept the penguin on her desk too and never returned it to the patient; I liked the Housian way he shushed her in the end, and the smile on her face.

Some things were good. Some other a little phony yeah. All in all I would give it a 7 out of 10 ;)
I didn't know Doris had left. when did that happen?? I loved her eps.
I guess I'm not as big a fan as you are, I don't notice who wrote or directed what yet but it is interesting to know that this writer has made Housian mistakes before, but most importantly that Shore would let them slide..?
@DB Truth be told, there is nobody like Saint Doris. I like other writers too (Blake, Lerner, Garrett and most of all when Shore steps in), but Doris is housian to the bone. I am so sorry she left:( -
Thomas Moran wrote "Top Secret","Human Error, and "5 to 9" . Good Huddy moments. "Garrett and Lerner" did "Help, House's Head, "Wilson's Heart", "Meaning", Cane and Able" etc.
Doris did "House vs. God", "Both sides Now" and "Now What". - I can't even imagine that episode being too much better. The first and last scenes were just breath-taking. we will miss her.
 @DB Truth be told, there is nobody like Saint Doris. I like other writers too (Blake, Lerner, Garrett
@Bea: of course i meant Kelley:( I'm such a dork - because i wrote with half a brain on the computer and the other half engaged in a conversation about Lightning McQueen and Mater, with my son...

@Anon: you can check that stuff up on wikipedia. Who directed what, who wrote what. I don't know all of them by heart, but some things stick out - like who are the "usual suspects" for great Huddiness or simply for grand "House":) "Unwritten" stroke me as clumsy, so i looked up the writer and saw that he did "Knight's Fall" too - which also had unusually corny/clumsy moments.

Why Shore lets smth like this slip is a great question... Sadly, no answer, expect the obvious: there is so much work to do for each single episode, that not even Shore or Jacobs can keep 100% focused, hunting mistakes and constantly stepping in to correct.

I was SHOCKED when i saw the video about Hugh directing "Lockdown". The number of people involved, the countless meetings, the fact that there was a room FULL of people for the WARDROBE discussion of the episode... I was stunned. Hugh was right, each "House" episode is a Faberge egg, the result of unbelievable amounts of hard work and craft. So i guess sometimes, things do slip by unnoticed. Sometimes, they all lose track of something.
Besides, i don't know how easy it is for Shore or Katie to constantly bully the writers or directors when they don't like something. I find it absolutely natural that they have a veto right, but maybe they don't, or they can't keep close track of EVERYTHING enough to exercise their veto vote.

It was said in summer that "Now What" is Saint Doris's last "House" episode. She also gave an interview to Barbara (you can find it there), but no real important reason to leave was given. So we don't really know. I am so sorry and i hope she will come back. Her episodes are absolutely perfect - it doesn't really matter if they have good Huddy or sad Huddy in it (BSN, for instance). They are all impecable and feel so real and ring so true.

@Bea: i agree on all you said about the episode. And... everything in general:))))

On the "boyfriend/employee" lines, i just thought they were too obvious and the repetition was a bit cheesy. BUT as someone on Barbara's said, THESE TWO NEED TO TALK. All that matters is that those were very open conversations. Drawing a clear line between personal and professional and speaking the truth. After all the years of denial and silence and misinterpretation, talking openly is the most important thing of all (like Cuddy seems to be so aware) - so any verbalization is a good thing:)))))

On Huddy and the essence of their relationship NOT being about common hobbies: In my mind, the connection between House and Cuddy is so deep, complex and grand, that i am shocked when i hear stuff like "nothing in common". They are soul mates, they share the same view and attitude about everything that is important... What more should they have in common?!?!?!

And yes. She got the most amazing man (men?...) in the world, lucky, lucky girl... Not that she doesn't deserve it. This season is making me turn gay, i swear... She is so sensual, so warm, so sweet, so funny, so witty, so free, so lovely, so smart, so sharp, so generous, so loving, so glowing...

I laughed so hard, another commenter on Barbara's said her husband became a "House" fan this season - every Monday, he demands "his Cuddy". I agree - how can anybody NOT fall in love with her this season?! (and i do mean that literally, ahem,ahem... So who ever was not in love with her by now -ahem,ahem-, all hope of staying away from her is gone:).

Well, bottom line, "Unwritten" had many, many excellent moments and a few corny/less inspired ones. It doesn't matter. Any episode that has such a good Huddy resolution is a full 10 for me:)

However, i just wish they paid more attention. I want their A team working their asses off this season - no mistakes and full brilliance, each episode - Huddy deserves to be put in the best light, so that people understand that the show is soooooooooo much better with Huddy in it than ever before.
@DB I know I can look it up, also I have B Barnett's book now and it's all super well organized in there.
cool
@DB:

"They are soul mates, they share the same view and attitude about everything that is important... What more should they have in common?!?!?!"

Really, my thought exactly XD

"This season is making me turn gay, i swear... She is so sensual, so warm, so sweet, so funny, so witty, so free, so lovely, so smart, so sharp, so generous, so loving, so glowing..."

Tell me about it. My Lisa's folder is just as huge as the Hugh's one. That must count for sth XD My BF took my laptop yesterday, and all of a sudden he yelled at him XD "Are you insane??? You have almost 2000 pics about these two, Huddy and Huli!!!! And half of those are of a woman!!!" LMAO! I stuck my tongue at him and said "I love Lisa just as much as Hugh, take it or leave" :P

He did enjoy her pics though ;)
@DB -And yes. She got the most amazing man (men?...) in the world, lucky, lucky girl... Not that she doesn't deserve it. This season is making me turn gay, i swear... She is so sensual, so warm, so sweet, so funny, so witty, so free, so lovely, so smart, so sharp, so generous, so loving, so glowing...

She just loves him so perfectly that it is hard not to fall in love with her too. SHe was made for him. He has to feel that. She is a perfect fit.
 @DB -And yes. She got the most amazing man (men?...) in the world, lucky, lucky girl... Not that she
big smile
I always loved her as much as Hugh....And Bea i completely undestand what you're talking about...The other day my boyfriend and I had a fight cause i wanted to go home and see the new episode{it was 3 am for Christ's shake}...He said that i spend all my free time watching House,and i seriourly wanted to kill him...Anyway we went to his place because i didn't want to leave him alone and we watche the episode together.He doesn't speak very good english but he got the point...The morning after he asked to see it again with subtitles...I know he loved it even though he denied it...
big smile
Ahah! XD I don't fight with my BF over House...he knows he has zero chances to win over him :P Monday is sacred and I don't allow complaints ;)
smile
I'm with you...If we wants me h has to accept all my obsessions...
big smile
Awwwww! Sneak peeks!!!! :D
big smile
Here this is the Huddy one link XD Oh my I am cracking up! XD I don't know if he screwing with her but both their faces are just wonderful! Perfect way to go to bed :D
Fu**...i can't see them....Someone upload them pleaaaaaase...
kiss
Ok, calm down XD They are uploading it on YT. Just posted the first two on the House spot ;) The Huddy one is coming :D
crying
I think i'm gonna die even before i see the episode....
wink
Ok, here you go link ;)
big smile
Ok...i just started breathing again....Oh this is gonna be goooooooood....
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
can you say jealous cuddy and can you say cat fight so want to see it
big smile
My sweet ladies, I am done for the night! I have performed my duty as a Huddy sharing those sneak peeks, the Huddy one was amazing...now I can rest in peace XD Well, sort of....CAUSE I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS EP!! LMAO! Lisa's face was so...and House's one Awwww!!! I can't say too much b/c some around here prefer not to watch them and I want to respect that but let me just say awwwwww! The ones who have seen it know what I am talking about XD

He's a bastard!! The most cute, adorable bastard I have ever seen! I am sure he is teasing her and pulling her leg...sort of. House is House, but how one can NOT love him?! Besised Hugh is so so so so sexy!!!

I won't be able to sleep LOL! And I have to get up in 6 hours to go running early in the morning XD This show is killing me :P

Good night!

Sweet dreams Huddies....God *sighs* this is truly our year!
 My sweet ladies, I am done for the night! I have performed my duty as a Huddy sharing those sneak pee