Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1201-1250 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
PS: the Sam and Diane reference is as forced as the Maddie and David reference, in my opinion. I know that both "Cheers" and "Moonlightning" were hit shows in their days. I actually watched both of them religiously as a kid and teenager. Maddie and David and Sam and Diane had chemistry and a conflictual, sexually-tense relationship that might permit a comparison to Huddy. But the connection stops right there!!!!! Those shows are old and have the flaws of their time. Compared to the writing and creation of "House", they look nothing short of pathetic amateur attempts at television. They are childish and facile and silly, the characters are uni- or bi-dimensional... I can go on, but i would rather just stop, because i acknowledge the fact that they were appreciated based on the standards of the 80s. But to predict "House"'s and Huddy's fate based upon the history of those caricatural characters and shows... It's really unrealistic.
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
They were funny shows! I can't believe my parents let me watch these as a child because they were considered kind of barrier pushing. I didn't know David and Maddie never ended up together till I looked it up on the internet. I think another important thing to remember is that the lead actress in Cheers left for career reasons,(from what I read) and the actress in Moonlighting (according to the stuff I saw on the internet) was gone for a while because of her pregnancy and the reruns being shown killed the ratings not neccessarily the couple getting together.
last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
sick
Serious ill mind's thoughts.

Perhaps because of withdrawal symptoms, or because of the new episode's approach, or because of.....or because of.....
I don't know. I only know that yesterday I was rewatching Selfish and for the first time I noticed some interesting particulars:
1 - in this ep House has no wound on his nose (I don'remember if anyone noticed that in the previous comments). But Selfish is immediately following the first ep so I think that the lack of the wound on his nose is inconsistent. Could it be healed in a day? I don't think so.
2 – In the PPTH parking House tells "We got to stop parking like this. People are gonna talk". So can we assume that it's not the first time that they meet in the parking?
3 - during the scene in PPTH lobby when House and Cuddy enter together by separate doors and House says "Dr. Cuddy, how was your weekend?"(winking). Which weekend is he talking about? just the weekend that they spent at his home? maybe not, otherwise he would have still the wound on the nose.
4 - Wilson (and the team too... but this is not relevant to the argument that I'm trying to focus) is aware of the relationship in Selfish.

The inconsistencies always intrigue me and here comes the real delirium.

Between Now What and Selfish could have been a time when "things happened" (two weeks or more for example) that the writers have not yet shown us? If the answer is yes, then I think that the beach pics could be related to the planned vacation to Mont St. Michel and could be used in a future episode (flashback).
In this way would make sense even the Wilson's messages left on the House's answering machine (promos during the summer).
Doris Egan is the Now What writer but she could also have written another episode without our knowing. And the episode, IF used as a flash back, just had to be shot almost simultaneously with Now What even if the broadcast is later. We also know that Doris Egan is no more a House's full-time writer, so she probably needed to complete her work soon in the season.

I don't know if I have clearly expressed my doubts. How can I know that I'm not allucinating???????? HELP ME please.
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
surprise
"How can I know that I'm not allucinating???????? HELP ME please"

LMAO! @Fran XD You blew my mind XD I need to think....be back to you later. Give me time to process...
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
@Fran2 - If the answer is yes, then I think that the beach pics could be related to the planned vacation to Mont St. Michel and could be used in a future episode (flashback).
In this way would make sense even the Wilson's messages left on the House's answering machine (promos during the summer).

They could use the beach scenes for the trip to "Mont St Michael". Cuddy said on a tidal island and 900 year old fortress that they would have to themselves. That would be plausible.
The Wilson answering machine message I think is a lost cause.
 @Fran2 - If the answer is yes, then I think that the pantai pics could be related to the planned vacat
hampir setahun yang lalu KekaMC said…
cool
@fran2 there are a few things in "selfish" that felt weird to me..
like.. when Wilson has this fangirl smirk on his face when he realizes Cuddy and House are together and House says "i had that same look in the first 48hrs" i mean.. it´s been only 24hrs since they´ve been together.. wth did he said 48h?.. i think.. that has to do with the original-beach-script maybe.. that was supposed to be a weekend.. and the next episode just followed.. but when they changed, re-filmed, they didn´t remake the 2nd episode, because it was just small things.. idk..
laugh
I am getting a headache XD
@Fran2 - He does have the cut on his nose. It is hard to see but when she is talking about getting them into HR he turns just enough in the next few seconds that you can see it. At Fran working hard to find a place for those beach scenes.
sad
@KekaMC "i had that same look in the first 48hrs"
the line could be referring to 48 hours generic, not necessarily the previous 48 hours
But
@tammyr "He does have the cut on his nose"
I checked and poor me...you are right :-( but it's their fault (the writers) because when he tells in front of the team and Wilson "I'm seeing Cuddy..." he doesn't have the cut! (and also during several other scenes) grrrrrrrrr

So the beach pics are a losing battle? I can't believe that they have wasted time, effort and money just to trick us
Anyway...thanks for the moral support XD XD *she said in an attempt to give meaning to her life*

Could we say that the writers have made a big mess and they shouldn't underestimate our investigative skills?...damn! We are House addicted not trivial Grey's Anatomy fans XD XD and they sometimes would try to remember this ;-)

Scherlock Holmes' quote: "I cannot live without brain-work. What else is there to live for?"
 @KekaMC "i had that same look in the first 48hrs" the line could be referring to 48 hours generic, no
laugh
@Fran2 - You are one of the wittiest people I have ever had the pleasure to talk with. Idid a post on a picture on the HUDDY FF Forum and I was thinking of you the whole time. It was a mad scientist. BUt that one above takes the prize for the week. I love you @Fran2
LMAO
blush
@tammyr
you really want to make me cry....thanks. I loBe you too :-))

What did you post and where???? *she said, wandering lost in the maze of Fanpop*
heart
@FRan2 - It is the Huddy Fan Fic Forum. I don't know how to do the links. I couldn't help but think of you when i did it. Give it a look in your spare time. My Huddy heart lobes you
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
I agree that a lot on things in 'Selfish' didn't seem to fit. Some can be explained by I don't know sarcasm ('we gotta stop parking like this' 'first 48 hrs' even maybe the 'weekend' joke) BUT they also would all make sense if they did go to the beach before coming back to work. I think it's just as likely that they really did cut those scenes (stupid decision!!! I'm still really bitter about not seeing those:P) or we might see them in a flash back episode, but that doesn't really seem 'Houseian' so maybe it isn't as likely.
It is all the more frustrating because we know the House team doesn't usually make that kind of mistakes AND they should know by now that we would pick up on it! very weird.
laugh
@tammyr
Ok..
but what about your Huli heart?????!!!!
 @tammyr Ok.. but what about your Huli heart?????!!!!
heart
@anon "It is all the more frustrating because we know the House team doesn't usually make that kind of mistakes AND they should know by now that we would pick up on it! very weird."

I couldn't agree more.....We are not stupid, just crazy XD XD XD
wink
"We are not stupid, just crazy XD XD XD "

This should be our new motto!
cool
about House asking "how was your weekend".. i don´t see much problem with that.. since doctors work on weekend too.. and that whole crash scene in "help me" could have been on a friday/saturday night.. idk..
@Fran2 - What about you Huli heart?

I am ready to start letting that shine too @Fran2.
We are definitely a cray bunch but a very intelligent bunch also.
@KekaMC in Help Me they say it's Tuesday, that's why we're a little confused by the 'weekend' thing.
My take on it is that House is just joking, that sounds like something he'd say I think
cool
Wow @Anon XD
 Wow @Anon XD
wink
@anonymously ohh.. didn´t know that!.. then idk how to explain.. =] could be a joke.. but idk..
@rrennie! I missed you

for those who have the episode downloaded it's around 9:50 in the episode. Proof that I'm not making it up :P

only for hours until the episode for those of you watching live!
hampir setahun yang lalu evropia said…
Ok...my heart just broke a little during the last scene.Loved the peck and the spank though...and the next episode looks really epic...
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
Oh my poor, dearest Cuddy!I felt so sorry for her...Now she had to experiment some kind of "horrible thing", at least hurtful that House made. And actually the acting was perfect IMAO.
@TLH = Oh my poor, dearest Cuddy!I felt so sorry for her

She was so disappointed but I think they are lighting a path for House and Cuddy to find a depth that brings out the true passion behind this relationship.
Cuddy hired House because he is the best doctor she has ever known. This is textbook Huddy although she was hurt.
I loved the way Martha smiled at them when they were sparring. It is kind of like this is what their child would have been like had they had one together. She has the intelligence of House and Cuddy and the moral part that tries to keep House honest that Cuddy brings. She defended House when he was right about how to treat. House is also trying to get her to think outside the box.
I am excited more now about this season. Martha may even be a bridge to help them work through things that are coming. She will stand up to which ever one is wrong and help the see the other one's side.
So excited!!! Can't wait for the next episode.

@rrennie - just think in this case, the surface looks like Cuddy is the victim, but scratch deeper and House is too.

Absolutely both are. Cuddy has to do it this way becasue she is incharge of the hospital and House has to do what he believes is going to save his patient.

They both have jobs that they have to do.
They will be ok. Cuddy knows she has to provide House lines and he knows it too. She also knows he is the best and he will do what it takes to save his patient.
They will argue I hope.
I would rather they get it out than Cuddy not to tell him she knows. Then we just are working backwards.
 @rrennie - just think in this case, the surface looks like Cuddy is the victim, but scratch deeper a
hampir setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
heart
Ah oops I see that I should have posted this on this thread: (reactions to tonight's ep)

First off, I'm glad that they're addressing this problem now: House and his more-than-tendency to lie is an inevitable obstacle that Huddy had to overcome at some point. However, even though Cuddy is pissed, I think this ep was significant in a good way. Yes, House did lie, but you can tell by his facial expression after Cuddy slaps his ass and walks away that he is feeling at least a tinge of guilt. Can this perhaps mean that, *gasp*, House may have something a little closer to a conscience now?

Anyways, overall I liked the ep. Unfortunately, I'm still too spoiled by the earlier eps to love it, because I still can't help being disappointed that every single scene isn't Huddy...I did enjoy the Foreman/Taub basketball scene though. And Masters is definitely growing on me. I missed Wilson though...he was in all of one scene, and even in that scene he had about two lines. Ah well, I guess he needs to take a break after Unplanned Parenthood xD

I'm REALLY looking forward to A Pox on Our House though. One reason is probably all the hype that has been building about it, including but not limited to the collab Huddy fic that I co-wrote, other fics that have been written, and the intriguing spoilers. According to the spoilers, House does NOT risk his life in this next ep in order to save his patients' lives, which confused me at first. From the preview, though, it's now apparent that he decides to enter the isolation room purely to prove that he is right. This inevitably has consequences, however, and from what I heard it also leads to a lot of romantic Huddyness. Soooo, another long week ahead! I can guarantee that I'm going to watch Now What at least three times again, though...or at least the best Huddy scenes in it. I mean, come on, after 4 eps with the most physical contact between House and Cuddy being small pecks (all of which were initiated by Cuddy: if House swooped in for a swift kiss it would be worth waiting 4 episodes for), I need some refreshment!

Ahhh alright, I really need to do some studying now. For those of you who haven't watched the ep yet, happy Huddying! :D
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
Hey all! Wow....I just realized i havent been here in weeks! and i miss discussing with you all. especially without episodes. im sorry ive been away so long! :'( Hope you all are doing well!

That was a GREAT episode. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it was the best one of the season so far (ok maybe next to what now). The entire episode was well done from both a character perspective and a medical perspective. i wont go into the latter part tho, this is a huddy thread. ;)

1) I'd like to say that as much as it hurt me a little bit inside, i was glad to see House and Cuddy's interactions back to normal. While its been nice to see their heart to hearts...we really got to see the real them tonight and i appreciated that a lot. the bickering felt...normal again. the tension was there but on a whole new level. this is what house is all about! ;)

2) @rennie and @tammy im actually going to defend Cuddy a little bit here. I'm not saying that House was necessarily "wrong" but i think that Cuddy was perfectly justified in feeling how she did. yeah they are still the whole "boss/employee" thing going on but keeping that separate from their personal relationship, in practice, is just not practical.

Cuddy has always hated House lying to her, but now that they are together, she's been forced to trust him on a whole nother level. she's beginning to think that maybe this can work: dating and a work relationship together. i think she got optimistic too soon. and then to find out that thats not the case and things are still going to be hard. and that she cant..."fully" trust him if that makes sense.

p.s. @HL "romantic Huddyness" lol! I'm really looking forward to the next episode too! I think that it will be important in that Cuddy will freak out and House might finally truly learn that his life has "reason." you know? that he matters. he needs to know that.

well nice to read your responses everyone! hopefully i can stop back again! hugs and kisses from HJ! ;)
@Huddyjoy0524 - It is absolutely Cuddy's job to do what she did.
It is absolutely House's way to do what he has to do to save his patient.
Cuddy hired him because he is that good.
House hated lying to her but he had to save his patient's life.
"If" they talk about it they will be fine.
 @Huddyjoy0524 - It is absolutely Cuddy's job to do what she did. It is absolutely House's way to do
@RRennie and Tammyr: i agree. Cuddy was not entirely the victim here and it's odd that she would BOTH expect him to change & mix their personal and professional lives like that, after fighting to keep them separate.

I think she just invested too much "personal" into their work relationship. I wish they would both be confident enough to go back to their VERY EFFECTIVE working pattern in the past, into which this little stunt of House's would totally fit, and Cuddy would actually be pissed at first, amused later and amased at his brilliance when the patient is saved.

@HuddyJoy: you are right too:) I understand why it is very difficult for a person to become schizoid, in the sense that a woman in love can put all her trust in her man, but when they work together, she has to keep her defences up because he might lie to her and fool her in the face. He did it for the greater good, i'm sure she understands, but still, the pain is there and the personal/professional dichotomy is indeed a VERY difficult goal to obtain.

"I think that it will be important in that Cuddy will freak out and House might finally truly learn that his life has "reason." you know? that he matters. he needs to know that."

YESSS. That is exactly what i hope to see in the next episode. God bless!!!!

CONCLUSIONS:
1. I loved the Huddy interactions, very fluent, very natural and more fun than in previous eps. I think that they can work this out, it's not, by any means, a deal breaker.

2. I think i'm gonna like Masters, even though i didn't exactly fall head over heels with her already - a bit caricatural as a character, "the brainiac", she seemed at first.

3. Loved the team and Foream and Taub have good comic potential (like they proved in "Lockdown", ha ha)

4. CUDDY'S WARDROBE AND LISA'S BODY ARE DIVINE!!!!!!!!! She never, ever, ever, ever looked better to me than in this episode - LOVE the hair!!!!!!

5. The patient's political and personal story actually held my interest, the medical case - not really.

@DB - I think Cuddy and House still have some fear about doing something to lose the other one which only says they love each other enough to care. It is a natural progression in a relationship that we want, to have some insecurities and fears. the more you want it the more you tend to be afraid of losing it. This should help them settle down and begin to find their path together.
I again I really do like Masters. She mayfool me but I think she was smiling in Cuddy's office at the interaction between Huddy and she might just be a great help to this relationship.

They kicked it old school with a twist of Huddy guilt and hurt. But it will be ok.

Huddy Goals:

Get over being afraid of losing each other which leadsd o more bantering which leads to more sexual tension which leads to depth which leads to more passionate kissing.

It's all about the formula.

@Fran2 - You are my inspiration.
 @DB - I think Cuddy and House still have some fear about doing something to lose the other one which
heart
Finally. I have just watched the ep and I found it brilliant. I loved it so much. Everything was so perfect, from the Huddy interaction that as some of you have pointed out are back to a normality we have been missing to the team moments and this new team memeber whom I personally find an amazing character, well-written and far more compelling than 13 so far.

I think the real beauty of it is the parallelism between House vs Martha and House vs Cuddy and how you find yoursefl alternativelely different potiions. The ethical drama mirrors the personal one. The right thing to do has shades of grey that might make it look like bad or good, depends on your perspective. House's methods are questionable but he saves lives and he is a genius. On the other hand he betrays his patient trust and act unethically but we all love him anyway cause he is a hero.

The burning question is the one he made Wilson. And so the incredibly overwhelming beauty of it is that I don't have a answer. Do I wanted him to choose differently? Respect Cuddy and risk his patient's life? Being different from who he is, from the person he has always been and she had admitted to love and didn't wanted to change? No.
But do I wanted his stubborn self to screw the better thing that has ever happened to him, without which he would lose himself once again down to a self-distructive spiral. Hardly.

So you see, I am screwed. I don't know what I want. I would like Cuddy to be so sure of his love, of his deeper respect and concern, which have really anything to do with these kind of matters, to be able to deal with it, just shrug and move on. I'd like Cuddy to be able to see byond a trick that caused him pain and that he didn't plan lightheartedly.

Can a woman do that in real life, when she loves that much and need to be loved back when the feeling is so overwhelming and the steaks so high you risk to end up in pieces? Open question. I need to think further.

Anaway I am almost in tears. This ep was so emotional I need to breath in and let it all sink in for a while. Maybe rewatch. Lisa was superb: a godess.
kiss
I just watched the episode with Bea and I have things to say but I've got to get ready for school.
I haven't read all your comments yet but I agree with what @rrennie said, I was just saying this to Bea. I think Cuddy is acting unfairly (and I say this with all the love in the world, she's like my favorite character!) she TOLD him she didn't need him to change and yet she acts surprised when he doesn't. This was just a typical House move, she knows he'll do things like that! Of course I feel bad for her, but I feel for House too, he really considered both sides in this and chose NOT to be selfish, he risked his relationship (to an extent and this is debatable) for the life of the patient. I think this was a great dilemma and I don't think I would have liked him to do it differently.
I do hope they discuss this but I don't know how likely that is knowing what the next episodes have in store.

One last thing before I go, I love how they respected the fact that Martha is a med student and gave her a short lab coat! That's how it is in real life, an I appreciated that detail!

ok, have a nice day! hopefully I can catch up tonight!
crying
It takes strengh to watch it all together.

And the final music is just marvelously sad. And Lisa...oh Lisa has been amazing. She was beautiful, she was great, she acted suberbly...and this final scene, her expressions....*burst into tears*
hampir setahun yang lalu Belle0308 said…
This is going ot be short and sweet because you ladies have covered everything, as usual, very well.

At first I felt really hurt for Cuddy. Then I thought about it and I realized that she is asking him to do something that deep down inside she knows is against his will and not something that he would ever really consent to without the threat of losing her hanging over his head. In that case, she has backed him into a wall and he does the only thing that he knows how to do, lie.

I think when she thinks about it, she is going to understand that she gave him an impossible request. Since when has House NOT done whatever he needed to in order to solve the puzzle?

Sometimes saying that you love a person even with their flaws and then actually doing it are too different things. As time goes on it becomes harder to overlook those flaws that bug you deep down inside.

Cuddy the boss would love to control House, but Cuddy the boss never has and never will. I love her but I think she thought she was finally going to get him under her thumb and she won't ever do that and that is why they are so electric. It's always a power struggle.
Cuddy's response is more fear than a moral thing. She is in love and her heart is out there and like most women she will need some reasurance that House is committed. We see his guilt but she doesn't. We see her fear and hurt but he doesn't. She sees he lied and he sees she is being unreasonable. And you can be a little emotional and irrational at times when you are in love.
House has to get back to being himself or he won't be happy.
They both are still "too" afraid of losing each other. When you get the thing you always never knew you wanted you either put your heart on the line or you guard it like it is a piece of glass.
They have treated it like a piece of glass. The tighter they hold it the more likely it is to break because you get tired of holding it up and trying to keep it from breaking.

House said it to Dr. Nolan with Wilson he can say anything. And I love Wilson but he gave a lousy piece of advice in "Massage Therapy" when he said he will say anything to Sam because in return he gets sex.

House in the "Right Stuff" told Cuddy I am writing it down as one surgery and doing another but all you need to know is it will save the patient's life. Cuddy let it roll.
He did try to talk to her about this case both they both have got to be honest and talk, argue, scream, whatever it takes. But stop be afraid to break it. I think they are getting there.

I think that is where our little "Huddy", Ms. Martha is going to be a great help with these two. she will help them get to the heart of the matter and be there to remind them of how they feel about each other.

Not really mad at either one. They are doing their jobs and they are making some mistakes with the relationship but they are treading lightly.

In the end will Cuddy see that House has to do what he thinks is right? I think she will because she hired him and this is the guy she fell in love with. the guy that doesn't do it to rebel he does it because it is right. She always saw that and she will again.

Cuddy's response is lebih fear than a moral thing. She is in Cinta and her hati, tengah-tengah is out there and like
@Belle:

"Sometimes saying that you love a person even with their flaws and then actually doing it are too different things. As time goes on it becomes harder to overlook those flaws that bug you deep down inside"

I think you nailed it just perfectly.

@Tam:

"We see his guilt but she doesn't. We see her fear and hurt but he doesn't....They both are still "too" afraid of losing each other....And I love Wilson but he gave a lousy piece of advice in "Massage Therapy"

Again, agree 100%. Wilson doesn't know how to make a relationship work. He is the last person House should go sadly. Anyway, on Huddy....yes they're still holding themselves back. And this good, because it means they care, and bad cause it means they still have to work things through, find a way to choesist, loving each other the way they do, without feeling betrayed or hurt by the way the other is. Love requires sacrifice and understanding. Little adjustements, small steps to build somthing that won't be blown away at the first bump along the road.

I just read your comments and i agree with most of them.About Cuddy...i don't really think that she got upset changes a word from her speech in Now What.She told him she doesn't want him to change even though he might hurt her sometimes.The fact that she accepts him doesn't mean she will never be upset again or hurt.I believe thath she was more disapointed because he didn't tell her about what he did than the fact that he disobeyed and did what was necessary to save his patient.Plus she was the one in Selfish that told him they have to be painfully and brutally honest.House kept one part of the deal by being his crazy medical genius self.But he didn't trust her with his "secret".

So i won't blame Cuddy for anything yet because i haven't seen the next episode yet and we don't know how she deal with that issue.About House now...I love the fact that he runs to Wilson for advice even if he can't really help him.That proves of how much he have changed.He is more open than ever and he desperatelly wants it to work.I know that sometimes House seems that have no principals but that's so no true.He thinks he should do anything to save a life,to solve the puzzle.Even if he doesn't really care about his patients his believes save lives so that works for me.

He had to choose between his personal relationship and his patient.So he took the only safe way by lying to Cuddy for the greater good.And yet he feels awful even though Cuddy might never find out about his lie.So yes he loves her that much...even if he hurt her his lie hurt him more...

When you fall in love o the beginning everything is good and easy because you usually don't really know the other.But these two know each other for 20 years.They got through good and crappy situations and yet here they are together trying to make it work.Even she knows he is broken and may never be healed she refuse to give up on him.And even though for House his intellect and his strong believes are the gratest thing in his life and was the only thing for a really long time he is willing to put them aside for her.

So they're going to be ok.Feels like looking in a broken mirror.When you love what you see on the other side so much that you keep trying to put the pieces back together no matter how shurp they are.No matter how much you hurt yourself....you are not afraid to bleed your fingers because you know there is no other way for you.They are together in this...they're clinging to each other too tight unable to let go.Because were they are now there is a spark of hapiness...they know they are loved and accepted...and nothing can change that.
crying
@Evropia:

"she was more disapointed because he didn't tell her about what he did...she was the one in Selfish that told him they have to be painfully and brutally honest"

You're right. We had missed considering this. House could have gone to her and confess and she would react as she had in Selish most probably. Her pain was deeper this time. I wonder whether they are gonna face this issue next episode or not. Certainly they can't drop it like this, right? It's gonna be a great ep...

"He had to choose between his personal relationship and his patient.So he took the only safe way by lying to Cuddy for the greater good.And yet he feels awful even though Cuddy might never find out about his lie"

House's very special unique way to show love always moves me. I wonder if Cuddy will ever realize how much he loves her the way we do. If there will be ever an ep in which she truly will be able to see herself through his eyes or he will able to tell her somehow. Would be wonderful.

You're comment is making me spill tears once again...

No @rreenie, it never is poor Cuddy, bad House. I love them both and I understand them both, with flaws and qualities.
 @Evropia: "she was lebih disapointed because he didn't tell her about what he did...she was the one i
I think that both of them are right at some point.She has every right to be pissed at him as his boss because he lied to her and as his girlfriend because he didn't trust her.House did the right thing for his patient but he had to face the consequenses.He feels bad about what he did.He acted like her employee but still feels awful because he lied to his girlfriend.But House protected her in the same time by hiding the incident he took all responsibility himself and if sth went wrong Cuddy gets out clear...
Great comments, you guys. GREAT GREAT GREAT.

You've covered pretty much everything - in fact, this is a very intelligently conceived episode, because leaving Cuddy's reaction hanging, we get to speculate and think it over even more. I am sure she is hurt and she'll probably try to take a step back, but House being in danger will shake her up completely and all resentment and fears will melt into the one grand truth of "i cannot live without you".

Bottom line, i think that she has the right to be hurt, because he manipulated her and lied to her while giving the impression of full sincerity.

However, i think she was wrong to get so much personal stake out of it: respect. She, of all people, should know that House's methods of solving his cases have got NOTHING to do with respect. I think this is a frustration she's been carrying around for a long time, being the control obsessed narcissist that she is: House being out of her control as a boss for so long must have really bothered her deep down. She felt unrespected - which we know, and she knows, is not the case. House's games are not about respect, they are about results.

hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
I'm gonna have to go with @DB and mention that you guys have it all covered. And in less than 24 hours! Smart, smart girls! ;)

What @Belle said i think really synthesized it for me. it was more of a "disappointment" than anything else. i agree that what house did was probably right in the end, but cuddy not feeling or reacting the way she did would have surprised and confused me. i like that there is this emotion, i like that there is this tension, i LIKE LOVE LOVE it! :) It really shows their depth of feeling and moves beyond the mushy gushy stuff. thats great for now but the tension needs to be back or it would stop being realistic.

i love that next episode house is going to be in danger. this could be crucial. so what are everyones thoughts on "a pox on our house?" what do you think will happen?
hampir setahun yang lalu Katia1997 said…
sunny
"House being in danger will shake her up completely and all resentment and fears will melt into the one grand truth of "i cannot live without you"."

@Delia, you know how to fill my thoughts with hope))))
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
House being in danger will shake her up completely and all resentment and fears will melt into the one grand truth of "i cannot live without you"." @Deila I couldnt have put it any better they cant live without each other

OMG girls!:)I miss some hours here and you all make so long and perfect assays about the episode, almost impossible to catch up...(Love you all!!:))

The main reason of that I felt sorry for Cuddy was not she was so upset and hurted. I think when she realized House lied to her was some kind of shock, a point when she had to face her own previous words about her love for House without conditions and with full acceptance. We know that Cuddy really loves House unconditionally, but we know that too what a woman in love is. At the beginning of a relationship a person has expectations on a natural way, Cuddy had too - and this fact doesn't exclude the unconditional criteria of her love for him. Moreover, this dichotomy adds some kind of plus favour to this relationship, but evidently creates inside conflicts and generates deep thoughts-and not only for the characters, but for us, viewers too. I don't think Cuddy is a victim, as you said it well, they both can be considered victims. But still I feel sorry for Cuddy, because she has to revise and redefine her acceptance for her partner-and the lie was an emotional hit. It's easy to confess something to someone verbally, but being able to bahave accordingly to it is much harder, mostly in a partnership, which requires so many rules and accomodation. I don't think House's lie will ruin her, but will make her think, and I hope it can deepen their connection.
And yes, Lisa's acting was so perfect, so simple and professional in the last scene that melted my heart.
House was House, absolutely in character, and Cuddy was Cuddy. The script for this situation was perfectly written. I can't wait for further drama, reassurance and deepening.:)
@HUDDYJOY: "i agree that what house did was probably right in the end, but cuddy not feeling or reacting the way she did would have surprised and confused me. i like that there is this emotion, i like that there is this tension".

Well said!!!!!! It's all part of the game, it's part of building up this relationship and both of them were very much in character and very much as expected. I salute this new phase of their relationship and i do hope it's leading to what we all want to see: House and Cuddy FULLY themselves and together, perfectly free inside their love and comittment.

@KATIA and HUDDYFANTATIC: thank you so much:) Well, here's to hoping that i am right on that one - it would be awesome, and so very THEM.

@TLH: "But still I feel sorry for Cuddy, because she has to revise and redefine her acceptance for her partner-and the lie was an emotional hit. It's easy to confess something to someone verbally, but being able to bahave accordingly to it is much harder, mostly in a partnership, which requires so many rules and accomodation. I don't think House's lie will ruin her, but will make her think, and I hope it can deepen their connection."

YES!!!!! Beautifully put and SO TRUE. I fully agree. I think that what they have lived so far, House trying so hard to accomodate her, gave her the impression that it will be easier... I think this was a cold shower for her, forcing her to acknowledge that there are parts of this man she loves that are harder to handle, and impossible to control. The verbally-declared unconditional nature of her love is being confronted with actual reality.

However, this is Cuddy we're talking about. Her love IS unconditional, and she has proved it with DEEDS for many years. She got the mellowed-out, very compliant version of House-in-love so far, she will get the real House being himself in the future. And that is who she loves, who she fell for in the first place. She'll understand and accept all that makes House who he is, even if at times she'll be hurt.

Bottom line: i am happy that we got the real Huddy dealing with who they really are. The previous phase scared me a little, because it felt so artificial and it was clearly temporary. We've moved on to the actual building up of their relationship, and i'm sure it will deepen their connection, as TLH said.
hampir setahun yang lalu maverickangel35 said…
Sorry if this has been covered already and I missed it--so many comments! But one thing I thought about--

Yes, Cuddy knows House. She knows he's screwed up and he will always be screwed up, and she doesn't want him to change. So--

What if that look on her face at the end (WHOA gorgeous job by Lisa Edelstein, SERIOUSLY) was not so much that she felt betrayed or upset with House, but that she is upset with HERSELF? That she feels like she should be able to catch this stuff by now, or she is disappointed in herself for not realizing House was lying to her?

Just a thought.
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
now thats an interesting thought that could very well be the case
wink
@mav-Good point,and very possible. Cuddy has to confront with her own past words now, as @DB has phrased it so well too: "the verbally-declared unconditional nature of her love is being confronted with actual reality". Consequently, this kind of confrontation can easily cause disappointment in herself, in her own judgement about House's behaviour. I think she can also feel confused by expecting too much of him, things that he cannot accomplish. Still I wouldn't blame her for being unfair, she was just swooped by love and natural early not retraced expectations.

This epi has so much potential philosophy...
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
worried
I don't think Cuddy had enough time in the closing seconds of the episode to sort thru the steps it would take, or be able to be self-reflective to the point she could decide to be disappointed in herself.
Timeline:
1. Happiness that she, House & Masters were all were on same page & everything worked out. Yea.
2. Usual chit chat with receptionist on way out the door..turns up a question.
3. Follow-up leads to a hunch, then quickly to sinking feeling..& on to sudden realization of truth.
4. Cuddy steps out into the cold night air..but the chill is on her face..shaken & shocked. Whaaa?