Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 balas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 701-750 of 1448

hampir setahun yang lalu rue0613 said…
angelic
Hello ladies, my two cents in. (By the way I wrote, again, early in the morning after doing some work, at 4 AM!!!)
Okay, brutally honest moment, this episode (Massage Therapy) just became my runner up (scratch that, actually it’s my tie-in) against “Selfish.”
I know that sounds weird for me not picking “Now What.” Here’s the thing with me, I love “old/traditional” House episodes, I don’t know, but to be honest, I miss the pill popping, overly snarky, and misanthrope House, and this episode gave more than that.
House, has been locked in his own world, be build a tough shell around him, loves his personal space/time, and a very possessive person (and I’m just talking about Wilson here). Now, he has a girlfriend, who’s a single mom, and for me she’s been living two lives, one for the hospital and one for Rachel and now she has to add House to the equation, hospital, Rachel AND House. And for Cuddy, she already had Lucas, who she burned down in flames, and who Rachel got really acquainted with.
I do not blame her to want to protect the child, and to protect it against House, knowing all his tendencies of self destructing everything around him.
This episode tackled House making compromises, which we all know he doesn’t do. House is not a man who gives in, he gets what he want one way or another (as shown in Unwritten). (Can I just add, on how H-O-T Hugh Laurie in this episode, god, he’s looking younger and younger by each episode)… Anyway… From the elevator scene to the waking up alone, for me, things are starting to sink down on him, sipping subtly to his tough shell. He already admitted his love to Cuddy; he has voiced it out, making he himself being more aware of it. Also, he knew the right thing to do (for her), and one thing I do NOT think House was sabotaging their relationship, before you burn me let me explain. I think the message that House was trying to say to Cuddy was, “can you just accept me?/will you let me in?” He DID assure her, (though in a very Housian way) and he ASKED for her trust, to trust him that he won’t do anything to ruin it, BUT Cuddy didn’t budge. I don’t blame her, even I will get all WTH if my man does that, but it made House think about everything, that he DOES have to change to keep his relationship with her. Me, I screamed “WTFH” after the nurse station scene because of that, because Cuddy mentioned she doesn’t want him to change but here we are, go for change. I know it’s natural for a relationship to work this way, but this was a low jab to House. But I think the good thing I can make out of this, because I know you’re hating me now, is House learned something, he can’t just take and take, he also have to give, but this thing also works for Cuddy, House have gave, but subtly she really hasn’t give her anything that really happening in her life, until the end of the episode.. He made the first move, he approached her, and he was the one wanting to make it work. Also, I think House was really REALLY hurt when it comes to Cuddy not wanting Rachel to meet him, that’s why I said he didn’t want to sabotage the whole thing.
I think the conversation he had with Wilson put everything he was thinking into words, he felt Cuddy was holding back, and for me, that’s what made him hold back (making this shallow argument) and again add layers to his shell.
Okay, I know I sound pretty against Cuddy right now, because I am (let me explain). I understand, again, about the whole single mom thing I get it, but in this episode I give all the score’s to House. For me, the point that she did not realize herself that she was also “holding back” and what makes me sad about that is she has a good excuse, to protect her child. I know why she didn’t, at that time, went all in, again, I get it, but for me, it was her who was falling faster down the drain than House. (Sorry, my opinion, please, let me be entitled to it). She’s scared, not only for Rachel but more for herself, making House meet Rachel will make her relationship with House real. And here’s the thing with me, she was the one coming over House’s place, SHE has the control in the relationship, because HE is the one who has an open door for her and SHE is the one who can walk out from that door. My point here is that, she, at the episode, had built a tougher shell around her. She was the one who could walk out on House, she can go in and out, House ALREADY opened his door, letting her into HIS life, but she didn’t, for me that’s a tougher shell, tougher than House’s. House was just waiting for her to say, I’m letting you in too. I know that House was comfortable in what they have, and for me, for a man whole loves to sabotage everything, and for they have already talked about being open to each other, the conversation about Rachel could have been easy to House.
Imagine the “I don’t want to change” scene, and place in an “I want to into my life/I want you to see Rachel” scene, can you see what I mean? Everything that has happened for the past episode was all about House, but for, this episode was about Cuddy. Did you realize that? Though the message was subtle, that the audience will only House’s side, the topic here was Cuddy, about her not letting House really sip into her life, which I think what really affect House. He wants her to let him in, as he already did to her. That’s why when the sabotage thing came out I actually scream, “You have to be kidding me? That’s not f*cking his brains off!!!” I think the writers tried to make this message subtle because the show is not title “Cuddy” but “House”, hence, the audience will see it in House’s perspective. I already got what the episode will be all about from the Wilson/House scene, I knew it was going to be House wanting to get in, and be really in Cuddy’s life, and that was made more obvious in the elevator and the waking in the bed alone scene because here we saw that he really wants something and it pain him that the “something” will require something more than, at that time, he can give.
I love how the writers tackled this because this made me think. It was an in-depth look into House’s thoughts, which is always worth watching. And again, it was, as usual, well acted by His Royal Hotness, Hugh Laurie. The pain in his eyes were priceless, that’s were I made this opinion. The expression on his face was nothing about him “giving in” (HL knows how to act that face well, and I know when that’s what in his mind), the expression in his face was, “I’m hurt,” “I want in,” and “I really want her.”
I think the massage therapist problem was quite shallow, that’s why I thought, there was no way that was the main subject of the episode, because the point that it could easily be fixed, and knowing the pattern of the show, I already knew from the start that House will “give in.” I think the massage therapist thing ONLY opened the door of the real problem. So for me, this is about House wanting to be in Cuddy life, REALLY be into her life, because her life involves being a mother. Again, the equation of her life was hospital/work and Rachel, and House wants to be able to gel into that equation, NOT in a way that we have separated but a part of it. What I mean in that is, Cuddy have a real separation in her work and personal life, which is a good thing. I always believed that a person life will always be two, work and personal; a person will always have two variables. But Cuddy’s equation before the end was hospital and Rachel, PLUS House, for me that was not gelling in. House wants to be part of her personal life, the work part was already gelled in (as done in Selfish), now it’s time to gel House into her personal life and her personal life IS Rachel, so to be really be a part of a personal life, and not just another variable, he has to know Rachel, and let’s be honest, he really REALLY loves her, he said yes for God’s sake! Give him that! That’s more than just about compromise this is about WANTING to really be with her.
I think I’m blabbering now, please don’t burn me but this was how I view the episode. That’s why I love Selfish, it’s about the gelling to their lives TOGETHER when it comes to work and now Massage Therapy is about gelling in THEIR personal lives, I love it. And I love that in the end, they prevailed, House learned to compromise and Cuddy finally letting House into her “real” life.
Anyway, that’s my two cents. I’m going to sleep…
*zips lips* *opens anti-tomato umbrella*
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
@Bea and everybody: i understand. I can see where your point is coming from, but i respectfully don't share it.
I loved the mature and underplayed approach and i believe that in EVERY Huddy scene in this episode, physical contact would have been too much. The emotional content of each scene and the layers of subtext were so rich, that adding physical contact of any sort would have sweetened it excessively, without adding anything to the dramatic emotional exchange.
Everything rang very true, in character and very authentic to me.

@Rue: you make a lot of the points i tried to make last night. So we agree:)

I think that the question here was indeed about Cuddy more than House. And i think that it comes down to the issue of unconditional love and the way conditions sneak up on it... I believe that the sides of Cuddy that you talk about are very significant: Cuddy as a woman does, indeed, love House unconditionally and without wanting him to change. Cuddy the dean of medicine is nearby - she is often tormented by it, but generally, her appreciation of House at work is also unconditional and incredibly selfless. But Cuddy the mother CANNOT love House unconditionally.

I think it all comes down to this. House needs her love to be unconditional (sine qua non condition for him to be into this to begin with, otherwise he would have run off in "Now What" like he did with Stacy in "Need To Know") and he was faced with the first limit. No wonder he was so tormented by the doubts and fear and sadness...

On the sabotaging the relationship thing. I didn't mean it literally. I meant that House has a default coping mechanism when he is faced with a painful, intense emotional situation: he pushes the boundaries and tests the limits, so that to accomplish one out of two possible outcomes: either he is accepted for who he is and thus gets confirmation that he is loved unconditionally, OR the relationship is shaken - sabotaged. Either way, he is going to have a clear answer - thus it all comes down to the fact that he cannot accept duplicity and deception of any sort and he just has to be sure of what he's dealing with.

Well, the sensational thing here is that he eventually went for option 3: compromise. This time, Cuddy could not give him unconditional acceptance, neither on he hooker thing, nor on the "let me in your life" thing. And he didn't just let the relationahip be hurt by it - he took matters into his own hands for a change, he was the strong one and he went for the MATURE compromise that can help them function together. It's huge.

Remember "Bagggage", in which the unconditionally conditional nature of House and Wilson's friendship is discussed? House says "i can say anything to him and he won't leave". Then corrects himself and admits that there are things that are taboo between him and Wilson - because there are landmines (!) that can blow their relationship up. Those are the inherent, inevitable conditions in their generally unconditional friendship. Very few, but they exist.
I think it's the same with Cuddy. Based on the deep acceptance and unconditional love, they have to build an adult relationship that will add into the equation the transactional part as well - the limits that cannot be crossed and the necessary compromise that can address both their needs.
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
So....Massage Therapy or, better, "When the going gets tough...the tough get going"??
Women, girls and so on..., I will not name you all because the list is too long, but all your comments have added value. Every comment makes sense and helps to highlight many of the facets of my beloved kaleidoscope.
But I must quote @DeliaB and @Rue because I totally agree with their POV, they both have taken the words out of my mouth:

@deliaB "we have House and Wilson in the bike store. Wilson is asking questions, House deflects and makes jokes - his default defense mechanism. He is clearly unhappy with something in regard to Cuddy. He is obviously not the one who decided on the "she comes, we hook up, she leaves" system - even though "he lets her think it was her idea" - in fact, it WAS her idea, and he is hurt by it. "So it makes PERFECT sense to me that House's later behavior is nothing but HIS DEFAULT COPING MECHANISM: abandon, so not to be abandoned. Test, so not to be disappointed. Push the boundaries, until one of two things happen: you either get confirmation of the unconditional love, or you manage to sabotage the relationship. “MASSAGE THERAPY = House using the masseuse in order to "therafy" their relationship” He is just being himself, and he loves her more than anything."

@rue "I think House was really REALLY hurt when it comes to Cuddy not wanting Rachel to meet him, that’s why I said he didn’t want to sabotage the whole thing. “in this episode I give all the score’s to House. For me, the point that she did not realize herself that she was also “holding back” the topic here was Cuddy, about her not letting House really sip into her life, which I think what really affect House. He wants her to let him in, as he already did to her."

Those are exactly my feelings. Take care with what I'm writing (maybe I'm delusional) but you know that I love House, unconditionally, and this is why I read everything that happens from his emotionally POV.
In this episode I felt from the beginning, with some unease, the extreme House's fragility against Cuddy. The 'strange coincidence' of the masseuse's arrival (House who was pressing Cuddy to remain just a little more time just to let her to meet the hooker), I saw it as scheduled by House to send a clear and strong message to Cuddy: it sounds strange to say but probably House at this point felt himself like a hooker, somehow forced to remain within the boundaries that are close (in contrast with what he apparently claims). A good dichotomy highlighted in his conversation with Wilson at the motorcycle shop. House wants more and he is fully conscious. The play about the masseuse and the male masseur as a gift for Cuddy (of course the masseur was to be gay, House could not bear that another man put his hands on Cuddy!) has been cleverly programmed to bring out the contradictions and to get a response about the Cuddy's involvement in the relationship. And the showdown takes place during the final interview in his office, when he said: "Call what it is...I'm not the only one who is holding back". A statement so honest, so sincere, so touching and so brave for a man who has always had a fear of involvement. But now he's ready to risk everything and he wants to know if Cuddy is on the same wavelength. And apparently she is because she's shocked by this request but she agrees.
All in. Symbolically it's a 'Heart Massage Teraphy': they need to build a deep, strong, reassuring, honest relationship, comforting to both. Each has its own defenses, different but equal, and the road will be long and full of obstacles but they are willing to drive (and we've gotten used to suffer with them...damn!!).
It will be a Thunder Road, old memories (sigh): "Hey that's me and I want you only... Don't turn me home again... I just can't face myself alone again... Don't run back inside... darling you know just what I'm here for... So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore... Show a little faith, there's magic in the night... Well now I'm no hero... These two lanes will take us anywhere, we got one last chance to make it real... If you're ready to take that long walk from your front porch to my front seat... The door's open but the ride it ain't free... And I know you're lonely... But tonight we'll be free… It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win"

This time the writers needed to show us a moment of emotional distance, but soon I expect to see the merger and I'm sure that the kisses will come (my heart talking..)
hampir setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
As always, appreciate all your insights, I need to watch it again (surprisingly I only have seen it once -I'm proud of myself :P) and keep in mind all that was said.

I wanted to quote something from @rue but I can't find it anymore :P

@fran, is that the 'Thunder Road' lyrics?? I like it, they fit.

I'm glad to see everyone seems optimistic about a future, intense emotional connection moment, I also think it should be coming but I don't want to get my hopes up. I do think it would fit in the story, the way it's been going, but I don't know, they could always push it of or swurve around it somehow, so I'll just wait and see.

I'm hungry and I can't think, I'll be back after breakfast :P
hampir setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
@Fran2 - Hey that's me and I want you only... Don't turn me home again... I just can't face myself alone again... Don't run back inside... darling you know just what I'm here for... So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore... Show a little faith, there's magic in the night... Well now I'm no hero... These two lanes will take us anywhere, we got one last chance to make it real... If you're ready to take that long walk from your front porch to my front seat... The door's open but the ride it ain't free... And I know you're lonely... But tonight we'll be free… It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win"

I think we all agree that this headed somewhere. There are a lot of layers and House has always been about depth. They are like the tootsie roll pop. the good part is in the middle put there is a hard outer crust that you have to get through to get ot the good stuff. Patience.

@Rue0613 - Great commentary.
They gave so much in "Now What" I let myself forget who these two characters are and have always been.
Layers and complications have been the foundation for this relationship and this show and also the reason people watch it. You have to think and go past the surface to get into House's head and see where he is coming from. they tell the story in metaphors and always find a way to tie the POTW into the other stories they are telling. Subtlety and depth.

Most relationships do work backwards. You have the attraction and that something that when you look into each other's eyes you know, "that is the one". Opening your heart and letting someone in to the most private places and private thoughts come with time. Nobody tells everything about theirself from the beginning.
They have known each other for 20 years but most of that was flirtatious and playful. It was a very dedicated friendship on her part, in the way that she went to the mat for him on more than one occassion, but her heart still remained hers. He always made her life interesting and he has rarely ever came out and said anything. He finds a creative way to say what he wants to say.
Sending her a male hooker to give a great massage instead of just going and talking about it.
The "Social Contract" when he called her into the scan room and the guy says, I would do that with a fudge and a cherry on top instead of just telling her he thought she looked amazing.
"Insensitive" when he was jealous but used the case to keep showing up.
"The Itch". It has always been the show's and House's trademark to tell the story or say what they wanted to say with situations instead of words.
They will get through all these things and they will come together. This way hopefully we get a few more seasons.

last edited hampir setahun yang lalu
 @Fran2 - hei that's me and I want anda only... Don't turn me utama again... I just can't face myself al
Just finished watching for the third time, "Massage Therapy". The first time he wakes up and she is not there he is pretty happy. Dinner, sex, and good night's sleep.
The second time he wakes up and she is not there, not so content.
@Tam.
that's very interesting, and true, what you're saying about House telling Cuddy 'how he feels' through twisted situations instead of just saying it with words to her face. I guess deep down I knew that but hadn't managed to put in in actual words like you did! Thanks for opening my eyes a little wider. That is very true, he did that on many occasions.

it's funny that you mention 'Insensitive' it just aired here this morning, I got up at 6 to study and watch it (at 7) it always makes for a good day when I can catch re-runs of House in the morning, especially such Huddy loaded ones :P

and now I shall go back to studying!
 @Tam. that's very interesting, and true, what you're saying about House telling Cuddy 'how he feels'
@Anon - I think they were so intimate in "Now What" that it took some getting use to them getting back to telling the story the Houseian way.
The intimate moments are not far away. I am actually even more excited about this season now.
@Anon - I love that picture.
 @Anon - I think they were so intimate in "Now What" that it took some getting use to them getting bac
hampir setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
smile
Ok, I am ready to write down a new post. I have just finished rewatching Massage Therapy and what will follow are hopefully my final thoughts and feelings about the ep. But first things first, some replies that caught my attention.

@Fran:

"All in. Symbolically it's a 'Heart Massage Teraphy': they need to build a deep, strong, reassuring, honest relationship, comforting to both"

This helped me caught the meaning of the title, although I really can't see how it has something to do with the POTW. Maybe it doesn't, which puzzled me, b/c it's quite unsual on House.

I must say before keeping on, I didn't changed my mind on the POTW and the Chase subplot and the way they entwine with the Huddy plot but as far as the rest is concerned, I am happy to say I am now seeing things differently.

@Tam:

"He always made her life interesting and he has rarely ever came out and said anything. He finds a creative way to say what he wants to say"

True. And the most wonderful thing about Cuddy is that she's been always the only one capable to to deal with his deflections, looking past the surface. Even this time, as much paiful as it was, she was able to see the unconsciou (?) reason behind his attitude: keeping her at arm-lengh, i.e. being involved in her life up to a certain extent.

This got me thinking, because as time passed by during these few weeks they were spending together, House had been realizing sth important: the moment he will become part of her life, and he in turn of hers, 24 hours a day, totally and irrevocably, there won't be a way back from there. He knows he will feel more and more attached to her, most probably he will come to depend on her, miss her terribly when she is not around, and we all know this probably scares the hell out of him.

And here comes the brilliancy of those bed scenes and, I belive, the finess of DS's script. And I must thank @Delia and the others to help me noticed, 'cause I had totally missed it in first place.
The thing is, House has already got to a point he can't live without her. He just doesn't know yet. Or better, he doesn't want to admit that to himself. Let me explain.
He admitted he loved her. He knows he does. She knows he is committed. But the longer they are together, the more he realizes he won't be able to keep feeling the same person anymore. It's like Wilson pointed out in Selfish "Everything's changed". And as Hugh said "House is creature of habits. He's afraid of change". Afraid of the unknown. I couldn't believe I was so stupid...he is not afraid of commitment. He is afraid, once again...how could I miss this....quoting Wilson "You're not afraid of authority, you're afraid it's too big a chance. You're afraid that if it doesn't work out with her, there's noone out there"

He thinks he wants fun, easy, sex, a full-night sleep. And indeed, at the beginning he smiles satisfied, believing to be happy. But the problem is he won't be content with just that for ever. He already is not. And in the second bed scene, he realizes he already misses waking up with her. She is already part of his life, part of his being to an extent he has no control over anymore.

Another problem though now is....what Wilson has pointed out in season 5, has got even more dangerous. He doesn't really care IMo if there's noone out there. 'Cause she is the one he wants. Just her. So as Hugh said (I can't believe it, I am so stupid!!!): "if it doesn't work out with Cuddy, he won't try that again".

And here comes what I realized had bugged me the most in first place and prevented me from appreciate the ep (Not that now it has come to be one of my favs but...I can see things I couldn't)
His jerkish, detached attitude was the problem. The odds are so high for him right now, he is so scared of the unknown, of "going from easy to serious" of not being able to do that, meet her expectation, being the man she deserves him to be, that he got back to act like his old self.
That's what bugged me the most. House. House acting as he would have done in season 5. Taking her at arm-lengh, being a jerk with the new doctor, teasing Chase over Cameron, denying his human needs in front of Wilson. Basically deflecting as usual, without reassuring her or taking her seriously when she asked him to stop seeing that therapist. He didn't even care of her jealousy, he wasn't even pleased, 'cause he was too absorbed by his fears and insecurities. Now that I can see that...I could almost tear up for him. That last bed scene and final confrontation in his office would have been devastating...had they been played old school.

So, you see (I hope you're following me...) I thought my problem was Hugh's acting. I couldn't understand why he had played his character that way after 3 eps in row in which House was still House but also completely loved-up. God! I am an idiot...My problem was the character's detachment towards Cuddy instead it makes perfect sense.

What ruined my mood, now I can see that, was the way House was looking at her, or better almost avoiding her gaze in her office, in the finale. He didn't give in to her request wholeheartedly and once again I am a real moron, because how could he? This is House. This is not some romantic commedyor some Grey's Anatomy in which characters experience some sort of mystical conversion within a few hours, sharing a whole new outlook on existence all of a sudden becasue the happy-ending requires so. He obsviously compromises her real people do: without being totally convinced of what he is doint. He is scared. And his outlook on life and his limits can't change from night to day. It takes time and work and sacrifice. So yes, he gives in to her and she in turn asks him to sleep over but neither of them is 100% sure of what they are doing. They don't have the unrealistic, deep certainty that THAT is the right thing to do, for them, for Rachel or they relationship. They just have to run the risk, stop holding back and jump in with both feet. I must say House's final look to Rachel, the annoyance of his tone hurt me deeply...but once again it makes sense. And it's perfect.

So, all in all, a 6/7 out of 10. Thanks for helping me see things differently. Now I can rest peacefully....I hate disliking an House ep so much. It's like having a bleeding open wound :P

This will be my last, tiresome, never-ending post I swear. Forgive me.

PS That doesn't mean I don't think they couldn't have played that more passionately. All I am saying is, it makes perfect sense, BUT emotionally speaking....hadn't I filled it with my own reasoning...I wouldn't have got it. And I believe House is really capable of touching your heart without any effort if they want to.

So it's a 8 as far as the concept is concerned.
It's a 7 as far as Hugh's acting is concerned.
It's a 6 as far as the emotional involvment is concerned.
And it's a 5 for all the rest. Huddy moments included. I understood them now. But I keep not feeling them as I should IMO.

big smile
WAIT A MOMENT....PETER BLAKE wrote it!!!???! I thought it was DS!!! I need to stop going to some unreliable websites....

This comes from Barbara review link and...she is a genius. But I am glad I got to that too. I'll quote the most interesting parts, for the lazy ones ;), although I can't really sum it up. It's too much a brilliant review and I am so happy she was puzzled too at the beginning. That means I am not a total moron, after all :P

"Then I realized that the characters seemed off because they were supposed to be..."

And here @Fran's theory....you're a genius too woman BTW ;)

"s House trying to bend his relationship with Cuddy to test its security? He’s been known to do that (most obviously with Wilson). What are her limits? He would have known that Cuddy and the masseuse are likely to run into each other. She doesn’t just randomly stop by House’s apartment; he would have had an appointment. Cuddy is meant to encounter her"

And here the critical master-stroke:

"House is also still feeling insecure about the relationship, so House is even more likely to put it to the test. When Wilson wonders whether House has yet interacted with Cuddy’s daughter Rachel, House lies to him, insisting that she’s “boring” and has no burning desire to be part of the domestic side of Cuddy’s life. “She comes over, we hook up, she leaves... You get the sex, dinners and video game partnership and a full night's sleep." Idyllic. But it’s not—and House doesn’t think so either. But it’s a very typical House comment, and we’re meant to understand it as Wilson does: House is being commitment-averse and he’s unwilling to take a step forward.... Throughout the first part of the episode, I wondered, like Cuddy whether House is hedging his bets, having second thoughts or really unwilling to take that further leap into intimacy.... It’s not that House doesn’t want to play with Rachel or wake up in the morning next to Cuddy. It’s that Cuddy hasn’t offered that part of herself to him"

But it gets even better:

"His earlier conversation with Wilson suddenly sounds less like indifference towards Cuddy’s needs and family consideration and more like hurt. He can’t admit to Wilson that it’s Cuddy who has commitment issues here"

@Bea! Loved your post. All I can do is quote

"the moment he will become part of her life, and he in turn of hers, 24 hours a day, totally and irrevocably, there won't be a way back from there. He knows he will feel more and more attached to her, most probably he will come to depend on her, miss her terribly when she is not around, and we all know this probably scares the hell out of him."

It even sounds scary just reading this, I can't imagine how he must feel, and the same goes for Cuddy, once House is in, there is no going back, and she also has to think of Rachel. This whole situation has to be hard on both of them. And I love that they are able to deal with it (to a certain extent)

"And in the second bed scene, he realizes he already misses waking up with her. She is already part of his life, part of his being to an extent he has no control over anymore."

This is beautiful and scary at the same time. Do you realize after 6 seasons we've reached this point.

"He is scared. And his outlook on life and his limits can't change from night to day. It takes time and work and sacrifice. So yes, he gives in to her and she in turn asks him to sleep over but neither of them is 100% sure of what they are doing. They don't have the unrealistic certainty deed down their heart that that is the right thing to do, for them, for Rachel or they relationship. They just have to run the risk, stop holding back and jump in with both feet. I must say House's final look to Rachel, the annoyance of his tone hurt me deeply...but once again it makes sense. And it's perfect."

I think this pretty much sums up the point of this episode.
Now I really feel like I need to watch it again!

I'm glad you were able to appreciate and understand it more. I think the Huddy is true to the pace the writers have established, I can't comment on the acting 'cause I don't remember at the moment but I did feel for Cuddy in the scene in House's office. I still don't really care for the POTW and pretty much forgot about Kelly what's her face, but it doesn't bother me all that much. Like I said, I need to watch again. But this was a lovely post Bea!
@Bea yes. Think about as they knock each obstacle down and they have worked through some of the big issues and this momentous explosion of oneness occurs.
Even down to the song they are telling us the story: We're gonna get by, we're gonna get through, when the well runs dry, I'm gonna cross to you.
It is slow which will give us more seasons. they will get back to the banter and all the other things that made them want to be together.
 @Bea yes. Think about as they knock each obstacle down and they have worked through some of the big i
hampir setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
kiss
@DB-I've read your analysis carefully and you really expose some very interesting and important points. The evolution of their relationship is well-written and the storyline emphasizes all the delicate questions which could turn up in the connection of these two, as Lisa had mentioned it as well in an interview. I understand and appreciate the concept, but still it cannot complete the space left by the lack of physical intimacy between House and Cuddy. I remember your theory about the importance of not exaggerating pecks and hugs, and you are right, but I think there is a big difference between exaggerating the romantic line and the NOTHING we have experienced. I think (and these impressions can be subjective), the Huddy-line in this episode would be perfect if the emotional and intimate manifestations accompanied the concept, if we saw them paralelly, hand in hand. I think we cannot experience any type of catharsis if our emotions are not involved, no matter how logical and realistic the script is.

I, personally, emphasize the importance of physical contact because I believe touching can tell so much more than words, sometimes. Words can be too rational, too cold, but a hand-holding or a hug is able to express an incredibly wide scale of emotions: positives and negatives as well. It's a fact proved medically that touching has an outstanding stress-solving effect, we know that. And they are really stressed and preocupied in this episode!!

Still I agree with you in the meaning and message of the bed/elevator-scenes, which were great!Accurate and convincing analysis, as usual Delia!;)
hampir setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@anon
"is that the 'Thunder Road' lyrics?? I like it, they fit."
Yes it is. Beach pics.....you know? When I think about Huddy I can not help but think of that time wasted..........:-(

@tammyr50
"I think we all agree that this headed somewhere. There are a lot of layers and House has always been about depth. They are like the tootsie roll pop. the good part is in the middle put there is a hard outer crust that you have to get through to get ot the good stuff. Patience."
Yes, you are right. Patience is the virtue of the strong people. And we are!

"He always made her life interesting and he has rarely ever came out and said anything. He finds a creative way to say what he wants to say."
Words and deeds.... the Housian way is made of deeds, he hurts with the words and heals with deeds (including himself and those he loves)

@bea
My brain talking.....
I think this ep is just a small step, a piece of the puzzle that was bound to be highlighted at this point. Remember that House has always been used to hasten the time (Stacy) and instead with Cuddy he seems trying to be more reflective. And you are right (not stupid!) when you say "'Cause she is the one he wants. Just her. So as Hugh said (I can't believe it, I am so stupid!!!): "if it doesn't work out with Cuddy, he won't try that again". "

My heart talking....
I totally feel your pain and I also felt the lack of even a hug, a caress, the two hands touch with each other.

P.S. I haven't read the Barbara review yet so I'll write about that after reading it and all your subsequent comments. For now I stop here.

Oh! Just a prayer: could we all stop writing about Huli in Huddy and about Huddy in Huli? I know it's difficult but I'm going crazy jumping here and there XD XD XD XD
@Fran2 - Oh! Just a prayer: could we all stop writing about Huli in Huddy and about Huddy in Huli? I know it's difficult but I'm going crazy jumping here and there XD XD XD XD

You are right. Prayer answered.

@Bea - When Wilson wonders whether House has yet interacted with Cuddy’s daughter Rachel, House lies to him, insisting that she’s “boring” and has no burning desire to be part of the domestic side of Cuddy’s life. “She comes over, we hook up, she leaves... You get the sex, dinners and video game partnership and a full night's sleep." Idyllic. But it’s not—and House doesn’t think so either.
Yes that is the indifference we see in him. Instead of just saying something like, "I hate that you're not here when I wake up he unleashed an onslaught of actions to push it to the surface.
He could have rescheduled the massage therapist to come later but he wanted Cuddy to see her.
He acted as if he was ignoring her by playing the video game but really just didn't want her to leave.
In his office, when Cuddy asked him if he wanted to spend time with Rachel, he said; "I didn't want to until now."
In "Now What", everything was fine until she got ready to leave.
He doesn't want to wake up without her anymore. He doesn't want her to go but he can't say it. It is still new and he's afraid.
He "loves" her.
It is like "seperation anxiety". For someone who always wanted to be alone he never wants to be without her anymore.
 @Fran2 - Oh! Just a prayer: could we all stop Penulisan about Huli in Huddy and about Huddy in Huli? I
crying
"It is like "seperation anxiety". For someone who always wanted to be alone he never wants to be without her anymore"

Muahhhhh! I am in tears!!!!

And this promo...Oh God, it's killing me. They way she slowly moves around him, the soft touch on his shoulders. His face...the song...
@tammyr-"He doesn't want to wake up without her anymore. He doesn't want her to go but he can't say it. It is still new and he's afraid.
He "loves" her.
It is like "seperation anxiety". For someone who always wanted to be alone he never wants to be without her anymore."

So true. "Separation anxiety" reminds me of the mother-role that Cuddy represents for House-he needs permanently the person who gives him unconditional love.
heart
The promo is really beautiful. These kind of interactions are what I miss from the episodes. And House's stare, those blue eyes...no words exist!!!
big smile
BTW another little sth that just popped into my mind...another hint to the interpretation of House's behaviour. Remember when Wilson askes whose idea was that she was the one to sleep over? And he said "Mine. But I let her believe it's hers"? How couldn't I see it! Another deflection. He was pretending HE was the one dictating terms in the relationship! He was lying to himself about it, telling himself he was comfortable and perfectly ok with this easy-going deal, whereas he was far from being ok with it.

That is the last time I watch an ep in the middle of night without having a huge cup of coffe at my side...
hampir setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
laugh
@Bea sweetie...
It sounds like you have (successfully) worked through all "Five Stages of (episode) Grief," (or possibly just caffeine withdrawal).
Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance!

Off to read BB...with a coffee!
wink
LMAO! XD Looks like it @BH ;)
@BH -It sounds like you have (successfully) worked through all "Five Stages of (episode) Grief,"
(or possibly just caffeine withdrawal). Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance!

Hilarious.

You knew he was lying while you were watching it but just couldn't settle down and watch the episode. "Now What" was so simple and we forgot we are fans of the most intriguing show of our time with a character that is so amazingly complex, yet he has a pattern and it is our job as the viewer to watch it the way they present it. We have to watch with our mind first and then our heart.
the song they played at the end tells the story. at the end of the day I will come to you.
hampir setahun yang lalu Katia1997 said…
big smile
OMG, people, why do you have to write so much? Just kidding)))) I thought I'm about to die, when I realized how much I have to read)))
I have not really much to say. 'Cause, firstly, my school is just killing me, so I'm not able to formulate my thoughts properly. And secondly, you already said everything))))
@Katia1997 - It has been a journey. Hope school is going great for you. The math in PhysicsIII is killing me. Where is House when I need him the most?
I know he is reading a celebrity magazine.
 @Katia1997 - It has been a journey. Hope school is going great for you. The math in PhysicsIII is kil
heart
I see @Tam is really trying hard to make me cry today =,) The song is truly beautiful and very moving. The lyrics just perfect. Thanks for posting.
 I see @Tam is really trying hard to make me cry today =,) The song is truly beautiful and very moving
@Bea - I see @Tam is really trying hard to make me cry today =,) The song is truly beautiful and very moving. The lyrics just perfect. Thanks for posting.

"Is it working?"
 @Bea - I see @Tam is really trying hard to make me cry today =,) The song is truly beautiful and very
kiss
Yes it is XD Thank you very much :P
hampir setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
@Fran: happy to be on the same page - again:)

@Bea: happy you got over the horrible feeling you must have been experiencing. I understand how scared you must have felt. But i'm glad you relaxed and realized it's OK. It is more than OK - it's on the perfect track and it's done brilliantly.

What were we saying? That we are waiting for the most veridical, authentic and stereotype-chalenging couple in the history of movie making. I believe that, so far, that has been accomplished fully.

@true_love_huddy and everybody else who was put off by the lack of physical contact and visible passion:

What i loved about this episode was the minimalist way in which it was all expressed. It is "House"'s best quality - the subtle and simple and VERY evocative way in which major emotional depth is expressed. It is what makes the show unique and heart-wrenching and brilliant. When they go for minimalism and subtlety instead of the obvious, the show manages to touch our hearts in an earth-shaking way.

So. What they tried to do was show the emotional distance that their fears put between House and Cuddy. I found Hugh and Lisa amazing in the way they underplayed it with perfect subtlety: the intense emotions and the expressivity of their eyes and faces were impressive, underneath the general appearance of emotional distance between them.

In regard to the make-up scene in Cuddy's office, that many of you think should have had physical contact in it: the distance melted in that scene, but i am happy it did not give way to sweet or corny touches or declarations – it was much more evocative for me, being a simple scene between two exhausted people who have taken another step towards each other. Their interaction was minimalist, soft and intimate - and it spoke volumes!!!!!!

In regard to the beautiful bed scenes of House alone that we have all talked about - i'll ask again: did you notice that House changed the side of the bed he sleeps on from right (which he has slept on since season 1) to left - to match Cuddy, who has always slept on the right? It is very significant and telling that he sleeps on the left side of the bed while she is not even there - a symbolic expression of his need for her to be there and this relationship to move onto the next phase.

How touching is this, really?... It makes me melt. It brings tears to my eyes. This man, this brilliant, sexy, hurt and cynical man, sleeping alone on the side of the bed that would symbolically allow his lover to be there with him. She is not there - but he still changed his life-long habit of sleeping on the right side, because he has made himself available to her so deeply... How organic is his love for her? How gigantic the need for her? How tremendous the change in him and the effort he is making to take this huge risk?

Again, minimalism and subtlety. Symbols, instead of clear corny words or gestures. Honestly, it's beautiful.

PS @ BEA: SPOILER ALERT!!!!: my dear, i know you are scared about the babysitting scenes. But they make perfect sense: we all know why House is pissed at Rachel - not at her personally, but at what she represents in Cuddy's life AND at the chalenge she represents for their relationship.

There is old pain there too - he first felt that he was losing Cuddy when she wanted to adopt Joy, then he did lose her a bit when she adopted Rachel. We can only imagine the pain he felt through those episodes ("Big Baby", "Painless", "Unfaithful" etc). And then there's Lucas, who had scored points by playing the daddy-figure. It's natural that House resents the child and is equally scared by her, too!!!!!!!

BUT. This is a big BUT: the babysitting scenario is excellent, because it allows great comedy to happen AND because it is the only way House can reach a little bonding/caring level with Rachel without it looking forced, phony, corny and out of character.

She swallows a coin - no matter if he tells Cuddy or not, for Cuddy's sake, he will watch the kid and make sure she's fine. Especially if he doesn't tell Cuddy (which would be wrong, but understandable), he would have to watch the kid and her poo closely to make sure the coin passes without complications. That is bound to lead to some little emotional moment there, that can represent the beginning of a different phase for him and Rachel.

You know what they say - you are not a real parent until you've been scared for your child. And it's true. Nothing brings out the intensity of a parent's love like scary situations. So, if House will be forced to be concerned for the child's safety, it's the perfect starting point for him to start caring for her altogether.

Otherwise, how could this have been done? None of us would want to watch a soapy and corny evening with House and Rachel playing and eating and House magically falling in love with a child that represents so much pain and fear for him.
@DB - None of us would want to watch a soapy and corny evening with House and Rachel playing and eating and House magically falling in love with a child that represents so much pain and fear for him.

Definitely agree about this. This will be hilarious. Same thing as always. House has one hour and ten minutes to go and he leaves. It will make for an extrememly funny episode but it will have an underlying issue but they are getting somewhere.
 @DB - None of us would want to watch a soapy and corny evening with House and Rachel playing and eati
@Bea - They might be afraid of the light now but eventually the sunrise will be exciting because they will be seeing it together.
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
heart
hm beautiful words tammy and I am sure Bea would agree because I sure do
hampir setahun yang lalu mexicanhuddy said…
somebody know what is the name of the song that is in the final part of the episode?
@mexicanhuddy - "At The End Of the Day." It is by Doug Paisley
hampir setahun yang lalu Katia1997 said…
@mexicanhuddy, it's Doug Paisley - End of the Day
hampir setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
heart
I just want to say you girls helped me like Help Me and Now What when I was disapointed....(hides under bed) That was when I was in my "where is the passionate kiss?" stage LOL Last week I had to tell myself "you can't always get what you want." So I reconciled myself going into Massage Therapy that there probably would not be a kiss, and I ended up really liking it. I couldn't wrap my head around some of the sweetness lately because House has taught us to be cynical even though I am a romantic and have watched enough romantic comedies to keep the movie business afloat. I kept getting nervous like House with all the happiness because I expected something terriable to happen at any time. I've LOBED all the sweet stuff though.
@bluehue---I knew you had asked that question about the golden retriever and after I posted it I was thinking "wait--didn't I read that somewhere, was I hallucinating?" I saw then that your post was edited so it made me happy that I wasn't insane ;)
@huddyfanatic - hm beautiful words tammy and I am sure Bea would agree because I sure do

They are awesome aren't they?
 @huddyfanatic - hm beautiful words tammy and I am sure Bea would agree because I sure do They are
hampir setahun yang lalu mexicanhuddy said…
smile
thank you very much !!! @tammy and @katia =)
I really hope that House is called by the team for an emergency back at the hospital and that is why he leaves babysitting.
hampir setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
Tammy yes they are awesome and thats why we all love them
@mysuspicionis - I really hope that House is called by the team for an emergency back at the hospital and that is why he leaves babysitting.
I really thought that was a funny comment when you made it although they have a case so it is possible. We'll see.
 @mysuspicionis - I really hope that House is called sejak the team for an emergency back at the hospital
yeah it would be really hard to forgive if he justs bails
She'll forgive him. It is going to be funny. Can you imagine Wilson sneaking out the window and House staying up all night to make sure she passes that dime.
 She'll forgive him. It is going to be funny. Can anda imagine Wilson sneaking out the window and House
kiss
I have catched up and I once and for all I'll just say that:

"I approve!!!"

Sorry Huli quote :P Forgive me @Fran ;)

No really, great post @DB. I still don't khow how one day this ep might touch my heart but each one has its favs :) On the rest, I totally agree with you!

Good night ladies!

PS @DB, I am not scared, I am pissed XD which is different :P But that happens 'cause I love Cuddy too much and I feel for her when House acts like 5-year-old. That doesn't change though I am totally simpathetic with him, understand his fears, share his anxieties and root for him to keep her by his side; at the same time I'd like her to have the chance to trust him as a man, rely on him, feel protected and loved and taken care of.

That's just great...I have grown bipolar XD
@Bea - You're not bipolar. You just need sleep. good night Bea. Sweet dreams.
bawhaha remember during the summer when I kept claiming temporary induced Huddy bipolar disorder?
hampir setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
heart
The songs they choose are so beautifully melancholic...thank you @tammy for posting them!

And I agree, Unplanned Parenthood looks AMAZING. The sneak peek with Wilson climbing out the window made me realize that I'm probably going to fall of my chair laughing. The sneak peek with House leaving made me realize that there are definitely going to be problems. And the sneak peek with Taub, the baby POTW, and Jennifer Grey made me realize just how much I don't care when it comes to the non-Huddy stuff. xD
@HL - And the sneak peek with Taub, the baby POTW, and Jennifer Grey made me realize just how much I don't care when it comes to the non-Huddy stuff. xD

I am falling out of my chair LMAO
 @HL - And the sneak peek with Taub, the baby POTW, and Jennifer Grey made me realize just how much I
hampir setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
@tammy Aahhh I love that promo pic. House looks satisfied for once, as opposed to the panic from the sneak peeks. I can only hope that this is near the end of the ep, and Hilson are congratulating themselves for making it through the day without Rachel dying.

On a frustrating side note though: THE JACKET FROM THE BEACH PICS. WHY MUST YOU TAUNT US SO?????!!!!
I am ok with the beach thing because they did some kissing and hugging and snuggling that they really didn't have to do. The bottom line is they really did this so it does exist. They will do something with it.